Region Reward Track -Plz Rework Rewards

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Now we now all the “unique” skins, provided by the Region Reward tracks.

Kryta: Ceremonial
Shiverpeak Mountains: Etched
Ascalon: Legionnaire (thx to Shadow Dragon)
Maguuma: Tribal ( Shadow Dragon again)
Orr: Orrian (Shadow Dragon again)

The Orrian one is the biggest slap in the face, as you can buy it for some silver.
My suggestion would be to:

1. Actually reward the players with sellable exotics, and not just plain skins
  2. Change the Orrian one to Pact Weapons. I know, those are usally obtained via the Personal Story, but as you can also by them via the TP for ~5g, I don’t think, this is would be inappropriate.

The Shiverpeak Skin is another big letdown for me, as everybody who managed to get deer rank before the last patch, was able to get those skins.

It is also some kind of weird, that the last chest of the track doesn’t give you anything you can turn into some Gold.
I neither cant sell the clovers, nor the obsidian shard, nor the asc. mats, nor the skins.
If you don’t want to craft legendary or ascendend stuff, the rewards are completly useless too you.
Even if you wanted to craft a legendary or ascendend stuff, you can’t do it only with pvp, as you have to level up a crafting profession and to get the gifts of exploration and WvW.

Furthermore, compared to the rewards from the dungeon tracks, the quality of the region tracks seems much lower, as the dungeon tracks reward you with exotics (even if they are bound).
The PvE weapons to whom the skins from the region tracks belong to don’t even have some high value. Ceremonial might cost 1-3g, etched weapons score a little higher from 3-14g, but I think a reason for this is, that they are needed to craft corrupted (?) weapons.

Even though I don’t plan to craft a Legendary, I would appreciate it if ANet could add a 6th “region” patch, call it “exploration path” or whatever, make it ~100 tiers long and reward the player with a gift of exploration at the end.
I also think, the final rewards from the region tracks should be tradable and maybe even be exotic and not just skins.

(edited by EverythingEnds.4261)

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Wow – etched skin for all that effort? Thanks for letting me know. Going to discontinue that track immediately.

I’m forced to the conclusion that no one at Anet plays GW2 and they don’t know which skins are high end and which ones aren’t.

What’s next? A “pirate’s skin” or “forge skin” for the ultimate end goal?

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Why are these things skins and not just regular weapons?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

lol I most enjoy the false wording in these final rewards such as “unique skin” and the fact that dungeon tracks make you think you get a full set. Ah Anet, you trolls!

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

That’s exactly what I’m worrying about.
I hope, that Ascalonian or Maguma might reward with Destroyer skins, but I doubt it and even if, it still wouldn’t be that good.

If the Orr track actually rewards you with Orrian weapons, I gonna cry.
But c’mon guys, I’m not that Hardcore PvP farmer, somebody already must have finished at least Ascalonian.

And yea, “Unique”. Lol.
The first thing I did, when I read “unique”, was to check the Locker if there would be any new skins. But nothing. So I already wondered, which kind of crap they gonna give us.

in PvP

Posted by: PSILO.4068

PSILO.4068

Yeah Anet gimme more free stuff for things Imma be doing anyway! You and your cursed gifts! And making PvP more popular…what’s that all about? I liked waiting around for ten minutes during peak hours for a match (that had noobs too) Please make it where I only get teamed with professions and players that compliment me. (And get rid of Skyhammer. I’m tired of hard countering pure cheese kitten builds 1 out of 10 matches)

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow Dragon.9874

Shadow Dragon.9874

Didn’t see anyone else posting about this but just got the Ascalon reward track finished and the skin reward indeed is “Legionnaire skin”

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

OK, thank you for sharing this. Updated the post

If anybody knows, what the Maguuma / Orr tracks give, please tell us.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Might as well add these even though they are expected:
Citadel of Flame- Molten
Crucible of Eternity- Inquest

in PvP

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Huh I had hoped those chests would contain something at least nice, but it’s kind of worse than before they took away glory…

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

Huh I had hoped those chests would contain something at least nice, but it’s kind of worse than before they took away glory…

Yup…

in PvP

Shadow Dragon.9874

Maguuma track gives Tarnished Coast box which includes a Tribal weapon skin

in PvP

RedStar.4218

Which you could easily get at rank 40 :/. Did you get anything else interesting from the smaller chests in the tracks ?

Or did you notice any difference between the chests from kryta and maguuma ?

in PvP

Shadow Dragon.9874

Which you could easily get at rank 40 :/. Did you get anything else interesting from the smaller chests in the tracks ?

Or did you notice any difference between the chests from kryta and maguuma ?

Didn’t notice any real difference and didn’t get anything special from the lower rewards. Naturally the champ bags were different (so they had chances of giving the exotics that are exclusive to certain bags) and drops were similar to the areas represented but overall not much of a difference.

Think I’ll finish the last area track just for the sake of it. But as of now it seems that the dungeon reward tracks are a bit more rewarding just because you actually get exotic level weapons in a rather rapid pace so it’s a good way to get your alts some weapons.

in PvP

RedStar.4218

That’s too bad. I hoped there would be some skin and crafting material difference between regions.
So they could be considered as equally rewarding as the dungeon tracks.

But now I remember getting a crystal core from the krytan track, which has no reason to be there.

Does anyone know now where can the tribal set be found ?

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

Thy Shadow Dragon.

This is sucks so hard.
So, to summarize the new reward system:

• 1 track for a unique backpiece (which is ugly, in my opinion)
  • 8 tracks for dungeon items. However, in most cases, doing the actual dungeon is much faster
  • 5 region tracks, whos skins aren’t “unique” at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

This is basicly for totally new players that primarely pvp. With those tracks they still get the skins that drop in these regions even if they dont PvE in them.

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

This is basicly for totally new players that primarely pvp. With those tracks they still get the skins that drop in these regions even if they dont PvE in them.

But maybe, they should

1. have mentioned that somewhere. “unique skin” is a extreme hyperbole. Not to mention, that you can’t sell them.
  1. give us actually some reward tracks which are worth doing. Those tracks are pure farm/grind tracks, without any “special” valure in the rewards. The only thing I could do is farming dungeon tracks, and flush the rewards down the mystical toilet.

Awesome rework of the Reward system…
The old one was better.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

The old one was better.

So youre saying that nothing is better than this?

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

The old one was better.

In the old system there was no gear unification between PvE and PvP. So yes even though the rewards were lesser previously, they were better because they were exclusively PvP and you couldn’t bring PvE inside the sanctum of PvP.

This is obviously worse because after gear unification there is no reward that you can’t obtain faster in PvE. And it matters because of the crossover. Previously it didn’t.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

The actual system is fine, the point is to make PvP as rewarding as PvE. However, maybe there could be less RNG rewards( for example, 36th reward could be a glob of ectoplasm, 23rd reward a random gold weapon,…)

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I advocate for nerfing the PVE side of the game :/
too easy to get too much loot too fast.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

The old one was better.

I don’t like qutoing myself, but:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/A-list/first#post3921257

Yes, the old system didn’t give you much rewards for PvE, but for PvP itself, there were more skins obtainable than now.
In addition, you didn’t have to unlock pvp stuff.
With the changes to the rank system, there wasn’t even a big need to change the old reward system, as everbody now has a good chance of getting dragon and unlock everything.
They should just have added the still missing skins in pvp and I would have been fine.

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Hopefully there is a plan in place for adding other skins to PVP via more reward tracks .. this might just be the tip of the proverbial iceberg..

in PvP

Posted by: Asahi.1487

Asahi.1487

+1 for getting Gift of exploration in PvP

in PvP

RedStar.4218

Hopefully there is a plan in place for adding other skins to PVP via more reward tracks .. this might just be the tip of the proverbial iceberg..

Do we even want more reward tracks if they aren’t so rewarding ? Especially the “crafting material” chest >.>
But I’m giving it a month to see how bad the rewards really are. So far, it would seems ascended drop more often in those tracks than in wvw.
And the tribal set must have been placed somewhere.

in PvP

Darnis.4056

Reward for orrian is ; Orrian weapon btw.. it’s not the pvp version it’s the old encrusted
(I think )

You can buy em for 5 silver.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

Reward for orrian is ; Orrian weapon btw.. it’s not the pvp version it’s the old encrusted
(I think )

You can buy em for 5 silver.

Ooooh. Uniques!

in PvP

RedStar.4218

Well then…the only reason I’m going to keep those track is because one day they might release one above the orr track (and to not get screwed on that day, I won’t fully complete the orr track until then).

in PvP

Shadow Dragon.9874

Yeah can confirm the Orrian chest skin reward is the Orrian skin. Rather disappointing as those are literally sold for few silver each on TP. Hence I was expecting for example the champion bag exclusive skins from the last chest.

(edited by Shadow Dragon.9874)

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

Yeah can confirm the Orrian chest skin reward is the Orrian skin. Rather disappointing as those are literally sold for few silver each on TP. Hence I was expecting for example the champion bag exclusive skins from the last chest.

Thank you for your sacrifice

I gonna make another suggestion thread to change the rewards.
At this point, there is absolutly no reason to do the region tracks.

in PvP

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Even if you wanted to craft a legendary or ascendend stuff, you can’t do it only with pvp, as you have to level up a crafting profession and to get the gifts of exploration and WvW.

QQ, join the rest of the player base who also has to do those things (and also may not like doing them either.)

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

QQ, join the rest of the player base who also has to do those things (and also may not like doing them either.)

Plz take your “QQ” and shove it up your kitten .

I don’t mind how players get their Legendaries for PvE, but if you are able to bring Legendaries into PvP, I want a way to get them via PvP.
In addition, if there won’t be a PvP way for Legendaries, I don’t see any use in all those kittenty Ascendend mats, Clovers & Obsi Shards I get. Those are totally useless, if you only play pvp.

(edited by EverythingEnds.4261)

in PvP

Shadow Dragon.9874

Even though I wasn’t really amazed by the skin rewards I wasn’t all that disappointed by the rewards overall. The end chest is just fine but the skin choices were a bit poor as most of them are very, very cheap or/and easy to get by other means (like TP).

So I’d personally either adjust the region reward track’s final chest to either include an exotic level item of your choice with the region specific skin (so instead of a skin they’d give an exotic item, not a big change) + 1 transmutation charge (so you could still apply the skin to an item of your choice if you wanted without worrying about the transmutation cost).

I understand and agree with the idea that PvP reward tracks shouldn’t be as rewarding as doing similar things in PvE as rewards in PvP are merely a side-effect. You still get rewarded nicely but to prevent farmers from jumping to PvP just to get rewards it’s important to make the distance between PvE and PvP rewards large enough.

However, as of now I don’t think the region reward tracks are as balanced with the dungeon reward tracks. Sure you need to unlock the dungeon track if you want to do them whenever you want but putting that aside and simply observing the rewards the dungeon reward tracks are, in my opinion, by far more appealing. Not only because of the dungeon armors and weapons but because the region reward tracks offer very little advantage in comparison (just my experience).

From doing all region tracks I got a decent amount of different types of crafting materials so there’s that but I still think they could try to balance out these two-types of reward tracks a bit better.

For example the Orr reward track required completing all other region tracks and it was quite a disappointment to see that the skin choice was a mere “orrian” skin which, despite being rather cool looking weapon skin, is ridiculously cheap to get in PvE.

Naturally as I didn’t write down everything I got from the tracks + I only did each track once I can’t say much about the possible hidden/low chance rewards but with 300+ magic find I only found a handful of rares and few exotics (can’t remember exact amount) in addition to the crafting materials (which were nice I may add) and the final chests.

Just to repeat, I don’t think anyone will go for these reward tracks with rewards only in mind as they should be only a nice side-effect you get from playing PvP a lot. However, it’d make sense (at least imo) that the dungeon and region tracks were each as appealing with each other. The reward scale is just fine imo. No need for “10 exotics per track” but making the region tracks a bit more appealing would be nice. Just my two cents.