Remember - the game is free

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

You paid $60 bucks and you got up to two YEARS of the game so far, and there is no subscription fee.

Yet some of you have the entitlement attitude to complain about the PvP upgrade.

For which you have paid exactly ZERO dollars.

Just keep that in mind. You’ll feel better.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Bad troll is bad. Nobody can be this stupid.

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

No subscription, Robert. No subscription fee. You pay nothing per month. And you still get new content constantly.

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Bad troll is bad. Nobody can be this stupid.

OP is dead on Honestly #RealTalk

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I buy gems. Hence, I monetarily support this game. In fact, as long as I am active, I spend more on average monthly than I would for the paid MMOs.

So exactly how is it I can’t expect something in return? Also consider the fact that the very nature of playing this game gives reason for others to play this game. And thus it helps the overall population, some of who also buy gems.

I really don’t understand the extremely narrow scope of reasoning that because there isn’t a subscription fee the game is simply “free”.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Posted by: Reaven.3958

Reaven.3958

Yeah, I’ve spent way more money on this game than I would have spent in monthly subs at or about $14/mo for a normal subbed MMO. Your argument is invalid.

So far I’m actually liking the PvP upgrade, but I hate the asinine argument you’re making to silence dissenters.

(edited by Reaven.3958)

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

You paid $60 bucks and you got up to two YEARS of the game so far, and there is no subscription fee.

Yet some of you have the entitlement attitude to complain about the PvP upgrade.

For which you have paid exactly ZERO dollars.

Just keep that in mind. You’ll feel better.

Not only is it essentially free, it is pretty much the only mmo (apart from GW1) where you can have skill-based (as opposed to gear-based) pvp, it has overall the best pvp systems/combat of any mmo, and it is not pay to win at all (at least in spvp). Not to mention that the recent pvp update actually seems great….

I wish more companies would use the same business model, its so good for the players.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

He does have a point. In all honestly, Anet could have just dropped pvp all together and just focused on pve/wvw. They’d probably be better off, not like the pvp population is that significant. All it really does is just drain resources from the larger aspects of the game.

So any update they do, is just showing they are actually still trying to support pvp and make it better. Sure this game didn’t turn out the way most pvp players wanted it to. However, it still has the best combat in any mmo to date and it’s free.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Nitesky.6427

Nitesky.6427

I think OP means people feeling entitled just because they spend money on the game. If you purchase GW2, you are entitled to play the game. If you purchase optional content, let’s say gems, you are entitled to receive that content in the game. But that’s all folks. You are not entitled to dictate the future direction of the game in terms of new game content or balance changes. That’s up to the devs. Some ppl, however, get mad because they paid money and then they act as if they were in charge of designing the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Seiishizo.7162

Seiishizo.7162

honestly i would rather pay money for real updates in staid of the living story crap….

Owner and creator of http://www.gw2score.com
Btw: It’s Sey-Shi-zo ^.^

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I’ve been playing this game on and off for a long time now.. and the amount of artbitrary entitlement has only increased with each patch.. it’s like there is no sating these people.. even if they do right (or try to do right.. what the hell courtyard?) Anet gets 1000s of hate posts from people who don’t even play pvp and quit pvp the next day anyway..

I’m sure that players who’ve been waiting for a while for this patch are pretty happy with most of it. (What the kitten courtyard).

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

Man, there’s nothing I like better than old mate “You don’t pay for it, so stop complaining” argument. Second to it is the “You pay for it? Well, if you don’t like it, stop paying for it. You stopped paying for it? Well, you aren’t paying for it, so stop complaining” argument. I mean, once I buy the movie ticket, I get to watch the movie for free, right? Once I buy the book, I get to read it for free, right?

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

I suspect that: players who feel unreasonably entitled to have everything given for free still live with, or are supported by, their parents.

Seriously. Think about it. Look at yourself and ask if you expect too much as you criticize the developers and call them incompetent.

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I think OP means people feeling entitled just because they spend money on the game. If you purchase GW2, you are entitled to play the game. If you purchase optional content, let’s say gems, you are entitled to receive that content in the game. But that’s all folks. You are not entitled to dictate the future direction of the game in terms of new game content or balance changes. That’s up to the devs. Some ppl, however, get mad because they paid money and then they act as if they were in charge of designing the game.

This. People will always complain about something they feel entitled to. I hope the Devs remain patient with people’s rough criticism. I think they’ve done an awesome job listening and working with us thus far.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld