Rentable arenas payment options

in PvP

Posted by: Luka.6831

Luka.6831

Hello everyone I think I like this idea in sPvP, but is it possible to pay with ingame gold? Dont tell me you can only pay with gems and “tickets” you get from tourney chests…

i5-2500K, P8Z68 V-Pro/Gen3, Win7 Enterprise x64;
Gigabyte GTX 560ti OC, 1920×1080 Dell 2312HM;
WD Caviar Black 500GB, Kingston V+200 60GB SSD;

in PvP

Luka.6831

No one heard about the introduction of rentable arenas in sPvP ? (aka “custom arenas”)

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/structured-pvp-iceberg

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

If you can pay with gems, you can pay with gold, by purchasing gems.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

in PvP

Luka.6831

If you can pay with gems, you can pay with gold, by purchasing gems.

Good point !

in PvP

Posted by: EvilExE.3460

EvilExE.3460

Personally i think it will work like other games, real money, Why ?

Gems will be too easy to obtain through gold so unless its a lot of gems, say 10000 for a month’s usage, (which if you were to convert into the current RM purchasing of gems, would = a really overpriced custom server, comparitive to server rental of other games), i think they will go for the RM rental, because unlike gems which can be purchased for gold, they will make real funds to support the cost of running custom servers and bandwidth requirements.

Every person makes error’s, all that matter’s is how they fix them.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Personally i think it will work like other games, real money, Why ?

Gems will be too easy to obtain through gold so unless its a lot of gems, say 10000 for a month’s usage, (which if you were to convert into the current RM purchasing of gems, would = a really overpriced custom server, comparitive to server rental of other games), i think they will go for the RM rental, because unlike gems which can be purchased for gold, they will make real funds to support the cost of running custom servers and bandwidth requirements.

Isn’t that the point of gems? Why shouldn’t you be able to convert gold to gems and rent a server? They have a currency value attached to them by Anet and are supposed to be interchangeable.

in PvP

Posted by: EvilExE.3460

EvilExE.3460

Because the cost of Gold for Gems Fluctuates and can have no RM attachment, imagine 5000 servers at the time custom servers are released, now imagine everyone pays in gems, but they purchased the gems through gold they got in game, that means that the cost of running these servers will be entirely on Anet.

Every person makes error’s, all that matter’s is how they fix them.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Because the cost of Gold for Gems Fluctuates and can have no RM attachment, imagine 5000 servers at the time custom servers are released, now imagine everyone pays in gems, but they purchased the gems through gold they got in game, that means that the cost of running these servers will be entirely on Anet.

If gems have a currency value (as they are trying to force) that shouldn’t matter.