Report player for /macro option needed.

in PvP

Posted by: Discordia.7293

Discordia.7293

It is ridiculous to see people using macro for use 5 or more skills without any punishment. Totally disheartening.

Thief rank 80 – I hate overpower condition duration in wvw.

in PvP

Posted by: Stealthasaur.2198

Stealthasaur.2198

I bet you click your skills.

in PvP

Posted by: Discordia.7293

Discordia.7293

I bet you click your skills.

no.

Thief rank 80 – I hate overpower condition duration in wvw.

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

I can’t think of any combo that I’d need a macro for. Not like we have over 100 keybinds in this game. That said I’ve been accused of macro use and mostly when I was on my ele because appearently pressing 5 buttons at once (3 on keyboard, 2 on mouse) is humanly impossible.
Who do you think used macros against you?

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

i click skills, and ill wreck you any day..

but anyway..
The nice setup thieves and ele’s have with macro’s is rediculous.
use google, see what macro’s do and please report players like that..

1 key press = 4-5 skills changing and attunement swapping delivering the best combo you can make on ele and your target if it’s out of dodges will die instantly.

just saying.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

DanyK.3842

I’m a bit confused now. So setting keybinds and using them is considered macro? Why does the game have an option for it then?
The only macros I’ve ever used were for web development so I could have more copy-paste slots and so I have no clue how it would work in game but you honestly don’t need it to kill players that click their skills. Keybinds are much faster and it’s not cheating afaik.
But you can come wreck me some day to prove me wrong Merlin.

Sir Dany | Twitch

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I’m a bit confused now. So setting keybinds and using them is considered macro? Why does the game have an option for it then?
The only macros I’ve ever used were for web development so I could have more copy-paste slots and so I have no clue how it would work in game but you honestly don’t need it to kill players that click their skills. Keybinds are much faster and it’s not cheating afaik.
But you can come wreck me some day to prove me wrong Merlin.

;)

i meant a real macro, where you can record your actions and adjust cast times repeat certain actions in one stroke of a button.. you can even lay out a path that your char will travel on everytime you are crossing the line you press a key and your char will move the pre recorder path.

it’s great to have a friend who can program/hack etc etc.. you get to know all the dirty tricks..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

i click skills, and ill wreck you any day..

but anyway..
The nice setup thieves and ele’s have with macro’s is rediculous.
use google, see what macro’s do and please report players like that..

1 key press = 4-5 skills changing and attunement swapping delivering the best combo you can make on ele and your target if it’s out of dodges will die instantly.

just saying.

You say that’s a macro and I say that’s what happens when you don’t mouse click skills. You wont wreck anyone by clicking…

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

The vast majority of macro accusations are just against people who have well-practiced combos and sensible keybinds so they can execute these combos.

If you still think someone’s using a pre-set list of commands in a macro... report for botting. That’s how botting is defined, right?

in PvP

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

it is funny when a necro with macro cast all of their wells/aoe skills on your group in 1 sec, and you die…..

in PvP

Posted by: Kenshin.6154

Kenshin.6154

/facepalm

Not this again…
Most of the players that get accused of using a macro, only practiced build combos to get them into muscle memory to be able to execute them properly when needed. Just because you can’t press 5 or 6 keys in quick succession, doesn’t mean others are as ‘ditidi’ as you.
If you don’t put any effort in mastering the build you are running…well then don’t be suprised when you get pooped upon by someone who spent hours and hours mastering their build.

Get Good

“Axios!”
Kenshin [Foo] ~ Piken Square
http://www.twitch.tv/pewpewkenshin

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

A lot is practise, but at least for thieves I can agree that macros can help a lot to perfectly time your attack combo. Tried this about a year ago with my thief.
But I consider myself an old-school gamer and therefore deemed this cheating so I stopped using it. (Which again everybody could say, no way to proof anything.)
I use a razer deathadder for gaming, and using macros on it is ridiculously easy.
But there is hardly a way for Anet to forbid and execute controls for macro usage, so it will be used.

in PvP

urdriel.8496

/facepalm

Not this again…
Most of the players that get accused of using a macro, only practiced build combos to get them into muscle memory to be able to execute them properly when needed. Just because you can’t press 5 or 6 keys in quick succession, doesn’t mean others are as ‘ditidi’ as you.
If you don’t put any effort in mastering the build you are running…well then don’t be suprised when you get pooped upon by someone who spent hours and hours mastering their build.

Get Good

you CANT use 5+ skills in less than 1 sec manually dude.

in PvP

cheese.4739

In less than 1 second? Then they’re somehow bypassing cast times, and it’s not a macro that’s the problem – they’re cheating the combat system entirely, rather than using a helper program to execute a scripted combination of keypresses.

It’s still possible to hit 5+ skills in less than 1 second if they’re all instant-cast, of course – but this takes practice and usually a mouse with several buttons mapped to skills.

in PvP

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

Get Good

I’m actually pretty sure that’s possible. At least 5 in 1 second. And you don’t even need more than that in any build tho.

The OP is probably not used to decent guys who are able to execute simple burst combos.

in PvP

urdriel.8496

In less than 1 second? Then they’re somehow bypassing cast times, and it’s not a macro that’s the problem – they’re cheating the combat system entirely, rather than using a helper program to execute a scripted combination of keypresses.

It’s still possible to hit 5+ skills in less than 1 second if they’re all instant-cast, of course – but this takes practice and usually a mouse with several buttons mapped to skills.

the internal “cast” cd between skill is 0.25 secs, with a macro you can cast 5 skills in 1 sec, always.

macros are considered third party program, and could be a reason to ban a player,, some macros are so kittening fast that can cast more than 1 skill at same time.

Get Good

I’m actually pretty sure that’s possible. At least 5 in 1 second. And you don’t even need more than that in any build tho.

The OP is probably not used to decent guys who are able to execute simple burst combos.

Perhaps, if you are good, but you cant do it perfect 100% , a macro player only need to push 1 button to make a perfect combo always, on my country this is called CHEAT.

(edited by urdriel.8496)

in PvP

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

the internal “cast” cd between skill is 0.25 secs, with a macro you can cast 5 skills in 1 sec, always.

macros are considered third party program, and could be a reason to ban a player, but…..

Certain skills aren’t affected by the global cd at all. Arcane blast for example. If you’re executing a burst on a s/d elementalist you’re probably somewhere near 5 skill in 1 second.

Furthermore you can basically keep up with any macro used to cast certain skills due to the global cd of 0.25sec.

Edit: I don’t want to protect ppl using macros in any way, but i highly doubt the ppl the OP is complaining about did actually use any kind of macro.

(edited by Mouby.7096)

in PvP

DanyK.3842

An average person has about 2 hands with around 5 fingers on each (adds up to 10 fingers altogether). This means you can actually press 10 skills at the same time accurately. If you have a small keyboard you can probably press more. Not that anyone would need to do this but in this game there is nothing that can be done with macros that cannot be done without. Just learn the game please…

Sir Dany | Twitch

in PvP

cheese.4739

You... what? Instant-cast skills allow, for example, the crazy burst from Ele S/D - attunement switching, arcane skills, lightning bolt. And if there’s a global cooldown, the macro will still have to abide by it - so someone casting that fast is cheating in some other way, that isn’t a pre-recorded list of commands.

EDIT: oh, that’s pretty much exactly what Mouby just said. Cool. I was replying to urdriel.

in PvP

Posted by: Superiority.7982

Superiority.7982

The Nufrael

in PvP

Posted by: Kodthr.7103

Kodthr.7103

I’m pretty sure you can do it. Maybe not if you click or if you’re not fast on the keyboard. But, I’ll just take myself as an example, having a mouse with buttons on it is quite helpful.

in PvP

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

it is funny when a necro with macro cast all of their wells/aoe skills on your group in 1 sec, and you die…..

all wells have 0.25 cast time, you can equip 3, and only 2 wells do dmg, staff aoes are 0.75 sec cast time. You dont need macro for that, only class that really benefits from macros is elementalist thats about it.

in PvP

urdriel.8496

all wells have 0.25 cast time, you can equip 3, and only 2 wells do dmg, staff aoes are 0.75 sec cast time. You dont need macro for that, only class that really benefits from macros is elementalist thats about it.

he cast ALL of them on us in 1 sec.

Well of Corruption+Well of Suffering+Mark of Blood+Chilblains+Reaper’s Mark+Putrid Mark

(edited by urdriel.8496)

in PvP

cheese.4739

Well of Corruption+Well of Suffering+Mark of Blood+Chilblains+Reaper’s Mark+Putrid Mark

In that case, either you can’t count to 1, there were multiple necroes, you were lagging, or they had somehow gotten a hack working that told the server they were casting skills faster than they should have been.
EDIT: oh, or you weren’t paying attention and they’d precast the three marks, in which case the two wells and Chilblains could all be cast in less than 2s and you could be excused for some hyperbole.

They were most definitely not using a macro, which would be regularly affected by all cast/aftercast times because it’s just a sequence of instructions, nothing more. A cheaty way to execute a set of commands with flawless timing every time, yes, but still not at all capable of doing what you describe.

(edited by cheese.4739)

in PvP

urdriel.8496

In that case, either you can’t count to 1, there were multiple necroes, you were lagging, or they had somehow gotten a hack working that told the server they were casting skills faster than they should have been.
EDIT: oh, or you weren’t paying attention and they’d precast the three marks, in which case the two wells and Chilblains could all be cast in less than 2s and you could be excused for some hyperbole.

They were most definitely not using a macro, which would be regularly affected by all cast/aftercast times because it’s just a sequence of instructions, nothing more. A cheaty way to execute a set of commands with flawless timing every time, yes, but still not at all capable of doing what you describe.

You can use a macro software to “read” the chat log and react to a skill with another skill.

Reality check, this game have hacks.

(edited by urdriel.8496)

in PvP

cheese.4739

Reality check, this game have hacks.

I’ve hilighted a couple of important bits for you.

I believe this image macro (haha) pretty well sums up how I feel about your use of the word ‘macro’:

Attachments:

in PvP

urdriel.8496

you have different types of macro software, some are simples some are really complexs.

in PvP

cheese.4739

Oh, you edited your post. In reply to your edit:

You can use a macro software to “read” the chat log and react to a skill with another skill.

No. That’s not a macro, that’s a screenreader. Some other issues with this argument:
- it will react slower to the majority of telegraphed attacks than a player who is paying attention, since it won’t be able to see the casting animations
- it doesn’t address the super-fast-casting of skills that all your previous posts insist on
- srsly it has nothing to do with the discussion why did you even bring it up? It reeks of grasping at straws and logical fallacies.

in PvP

urdriel.8496

Oh, you edited your post. In reply to your edit:

No. That’s not a macro, that’s a screenreader. Some other issues with this argument:
- it will react slower to the majority of telegraphed attacks than a player who is paying attention, since it won’t be able to see the casting animations
- it doesn’t address the super-fast-casting of skills that all your previous posts insist on
- srsly it has nothing to do with the discussion why did you even bring it up? It reeks of grasping at straws and logical fallacies.

Open your eyes , your are really blind, macros are a problems in this game, macros are third party program, third party programs are illegal, something illegal is BANNABLE period.
Btw : You DONT need a screen reader to “read” a screen.

in PvP

cheese.4739

Also: thread lock in 3, 2, 1...? This discussion isn’t at all productive and the OP probably isn’t going to show their face again - though hopefully they’ve learned that the vast majority of macro accusations are just well-learned skill combos, and while a small number of folks will cheat with macroes, they’re definitely not the biggest problem PvP has right now.

in PvP

urdriel.8496

Also: thread lock in 3, 2, 1…? This discussion isn’t at all productive and the OP probably isn’t going to show their face again – though hopefully they’ve learned that the vast majority of macro accusations are just well-learned skill combos, and while a small number of folks will cheat with macroes, they’re definitely not the biggest problem PvP has right now.

The biggest pvp problem now is the balance team of Anet…..