Retalliation

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

This ability should be removed from PvP. I’m so tired of trying to attack my enemy and losing HALF my hp to retalliation! That is not an exaggeration at all, I start nuking ppl and just see my health evaporate to this ability. Then ofc they start to attack me and I’m just insta-dead because I’m forced to blow my heal just because I touched the enemy.

This ability imbalances pvp. I play a ranger, how am I supposed to buff myself with this ability 24/7 like everyone else has it? Oh that’s right, I’m not an OP guard or OP engineer.

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

Hmm – how about you stop attacking while retal is up?

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

“OP Guardian”… LOL

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

I agree, this is stupid how it works in this game. There should be reliable traits/sigils that remove retailation from enemies (not a random boon, only retailation), and retailation should have 1 sec cooldown per unique attacker.

Signed, level 1 alt

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

“OP Guardian”

You rang?

Phaatonn, London UK

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

one of the reasons i love my warrior bunker is the 60%+ uptime retal without even doing anything XD
its funny when your passive regen outheals the enemies damage and they end up taking more damage than you do from retal XD

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

“I want to be able to attack everything without ever having to actually think about it”. The game already has very few punishments for spamming abilities, retal does a nice job of filling that. If anything just nerf its uptime on builds that abuse it too much.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

The skill’s fine, it has rather mediocre uptime and unless you spam a fast hitting ability when it’s active, it’s not going to wreck you. Play smart.

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

unless you spam a fast hitting ability when it’s active, it’s not going to wreck you. Play smart.

Just love when ppl say this.. Because you know, everyone always applies retal before you begin fast hitting abilities.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: hehk.8705

hehk.8705

“OP Guardian”

You rang?

LOL but retal need to be changed, it is not fun to play with right now. I wish it had its duration severely nerfed, damage increased and ability to stack in intensity.

Curie is my smooth Australian sensei.

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: dday.9532

dday.9532

lolol
u are a ranger most likely using shortbow (the fastest auto attack) into his retal

pretty much u have to take off auto attack and press 1 everytime u want to use ur auto attack skill

and when he has retal up stop pressing 1.

you should always be keeping an eye his boons anyway too see when he has retaliation, stability, and protection mainly but you should be paying attention to all boons really.

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

While under retal boon you should build up retal-stacks, which would be spent as damage when you strike someone (but stacks would always be spent, so you’d have counterplay via dodging/blocking/etc).

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

It is the only boon in game that gives blurred frenzy mesmers a reason to stop and think. Anything else they can disregard, however if they don’t check for retaliation their channeled spike can backfire. The same goes for duel pistol thieve’s. if you see it, its up to you to cancel your attack.

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: revy.4320

revy.4320

unless you spam a fast hitting ability when it’s active, it’s not going to wreck you. Play smart.

Just love when ppl say this.. Because you know, everyone always applies retal before you begin fast hitting abilities.

If they do it after you start your rapid attack, it is called being outplayed on a micro scale. If there was a problem, it would be near 100% uptime without doing anything, not actively using it.

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

If they do it after you start your rapid attack, it is called being outplayed on a micro scale. If there was a problem, it would be near 100% uptime without doing anything, not actively using it.

Spiked armor=proc’s on crit hit for 5 seconds..so technically, yeah..they do use it immediately upon your rapid channeled attacks.

Retalliation

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

“OP Guardian”

You rang?

LOL but retal need to be changed, it is not fun to play with right now. I wish it had its duration severely nerfed, damage increased and ability to stack in intensity.

Yeah it’s a lame mechanic, it just rewards players for facetanking stuff.

To be honest if they nerfed 15 in virtues that would fix it a fair amount, maybe reduced the duration on the shout too. It’s just perma retal which is the real pain.

Oh a rereading that suggestion I agree. Would make the combo field less of a leech too.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

How about using some boon removel. There are some professions and sigils that can do it…

Retalliation

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

How about using some boon removel. There are some professions and sigils that can do it…

Profession balance forums are here

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance

Phaatonn, London UK

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

This ability should be removed from PvP. I’m so tired of trying to attack my enemy and losing HALF my hp to retalliation! That is not an exaggeration at all, I start nuking ppl and just see my health evaporate to this ability. Then ofc they start to attack me and I’m just insta-dead because I’m forced to blow my heal just because I touched the enemy.

This ability imbalances pvp. I play a ranger, how am I supposed to buff myself with this ability 24/7 like everyone else has it? Oh that’s right, I’m not an OP guard or OP engineer.

Stop spamming aoe on a group with retaliation. The solution is quite simple.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

Retalliation

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I don’t see a problem with it, when I see the animation I sop attacking.
I can see the dmg on it be slightly reduced but tbh i see no problem with reatal as it is now.

I main a Thief btw