[SOTG] Questions Poll

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

3. Do we actually have servers in EU or are they all located in USA, and if so why not just join NA and EU sPvP. (im judging this from the pinging and latency…)

The EU datacenter is located in Frakfurt, Germany.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

1. Class balance & boon removal?
2. Planned Map revision/additions?
3. CA?

The great forum duppy.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: StoneWolf.7930

StoneWolf.7930

1. Ranger balance(IE beyond nerfing the trap ranger, what plans are in the works for rangers?)
2. what exactly are you guys doing to balance unused builds/weak weapons such as the spirit ranger/greatsword, axe/axe necromancers, and warriors in general?
3. are there any plans to add some type of reward for pvp? while we get different skins in spvp, my friends have never wanted to do spvp because they never got anything they could use from it(such as gold/currency/skins outside of hotm)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Also can the guests do most of the talking this time and not the host? Sorry Grouch, just being real.

It’s an open forum. Guests are encouraged to chime in whenever. =)

I hear ya. Maybe it’s less about your assertiveness and more about the extreme passiveness of the guests. IMO Helseth should be on all future SoTGs. That dude keeps it real.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: grrarg.3701

grrarg.3701

1. Why is so much of class balance discussion (and even these States of the Game Q&As) focused around sPvP, when it is so different from and far less popular than PvE or WvW? Balance suffers in all aspects of the game due to their reticence to split more abilities along PvE/PvP lines.

2. When are the devs going to put up or shut up about eSports? It is ludicrous that eSport accessibility was given as justification for core design decisions (Conquest, no customizable UI, etc) before release, and yet they still have not implemented such basic features as custom arenas or observer mode more than six months later.

3. When can we expect to see concrete progress on reworking useless traits to improve build diversity? Does build diversity even matter to the devs with the bunker-favoring Conquest as the primary mechanic?

(edited by grrarg.3701)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

1. Revision of old maps (especially Foefire and Forest) to make them in line with Temple and the new map Spirit Watch which promotes dynamic comeback, more strategy/build diversity and not relying too much on bunkering nodes/turtling. Will it be possible?

2. Stance on class/build diversity. Possibility of buffing least used/unused specs/traits/weapon sets/utilities for every class? Specific classes/specs in mind or in the works for the next patch?

3. More frequent map rotation on 2-team tourney a possibility? If so, how? When?

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

This state of the game and the responses we get from the developers will determine whether or not I play GW2 the following day / weeks / months.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

• 1. Balance changes to professions. More frequent in the future? (Instead of waiting one month for the meta to set in, perhaps lessening the time as the players are into the game now, and quickly grow aware of what works and what doesn’t).
  • 2. What is being done to increase the number of viable builds? (Build diversity and freedom in PvP is gold).
  • 3. March patch info. What does it contain? (I have eaten bananas for a week now).

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: SAtaarcoeny.8476

SAtaarcoeny.8476

i want you to read this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/SAtaarcoeny-s-SOTG/first#post1564194

and dont beat around the bush talk about all this and do it in a organized fast fashion.

no SOTG yet has left me happy it seems like noone knows how to talk. (i might not know how to type but talking is easy) please dont dissapoint us. your not up there for e fame your up there to make the SOTG better.

Sorry I don’t mean to sound rude here; I gave you a format at the start of the thread please stick with it, I can’t possibly discuss all the things you have on that post so narrow it down.
SOTG is just a medium between players and developers, I think that you are over glorifying it, if it doesn’t leave you happy then there is nothing we players can do about it, so if you will please give me three questions you would like to ask.

Thank you.

np you didnt sound rude, sorry for not following the format it just seemed like you asked other ppl to give you questions because you dont know what is going on in the SOTG and sense you seemed clueless i wanted to help you out.

there is a lot more then 3 things that need to be talked about and asking them about balance for casuals and whats in next patch dont seem to be direct enough or well thought out questions to help the SOTG.

i dont want you to think im being rude i just want more from the ppl representing the community. you dont have to read all my post or talk about any of it but truthfully everything in it is what needs to be talked about.

URTFC.COM

BIG GW2 TOURNAMENT INC SPONSORED BY URTFC.COM

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

np you didnt sound rude, sorry for not following the format it just seemed like you asked other ppl to give you questions because you dont know what is going on in the SOTG and sense you seemed clueless i wanted to help you out.

i dont want you to think im being rude i just want more from the ppl representing the community. you dont have to read all my post or talk about any of it but truthfully everything in it is what needs to be talked about.

Well you come off as rude that’s for sure. Little narcissistic as well. Just because xeph made a post about collecting peoples top three questions doesn’t mean he’s clueless. Rather, he knows that people have different priorities and is trying to gage where the community is at. Time is limited, he can’t just talk about the game for 16 hours.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Great thread guys. Some awesome questions/ideas on here.

I’ve already read up to this point, so I’ll check back tomorrow to see what new stuff has come up.

Why don’t you answer some of the questions while you are in the thread? Maybe we will see you reply to a handful of the questions when you check back in tomorrow.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

1. Ranger class PvE/PvP divide should be larger, in WvW/Dungeons Rangers pets are a hinderance to the classes viability where is solo PvE/PvP the pets are adequate. Also due to the PvP proficiency the class has recieved really nothing since the start of the game. Is there anything being done to mitigate its PvP performance while increasing its performance in dungeons and WvW to be on par with other classes?

2. Love for the unused weapons and specs (power ranger, spirit ranger, condi thief [very viable just backstab is always better], non-gsword warriors, etc) in the near future?

3. Update or estimated release time of spectator mode, what features to expect for it? Will we be able to save and replay matches in order to replay and relearn while swapping player viewpoints etc.

4. [I know you said three] Elementalist is constantly forced into arcane simply because it affects every attunement equally. Is there anything in the works to separate trees from attunements to make things more purely devoted to “dmg/condition/crit” attributes instead to give elementalists and option besides arcane+water.

I think if Fire was replaced by something like “offence” and some things were like “10% chance to cause 1s burn in fire, small lightning dmg in air, bleed in earth and 1s cripple in water” might open up new treelines as in PvP no one sits long in a given element to take advantage of the current bonus’

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

Well you come off as rude that’s for sure. Little narcissistic as well. Just because xeph made a post about collecting peoples top three questions doesn’t mean he’s clueless. Rather, he knows that people have different priorities and is trying to gage where the community is at. Time is limited, he can’t just talk about the game for 16 hours.

i was basing the clueless comment off of his top 3 not entirely off of asking ppl there questions. and i figure people on the show would already know the priorities for the SOTG but i guess you can just get any streamer and and let the ppl tell them what to say? i dont get how me trying to help him out calls for me to be called a little narcissistic this post is for help so please no name calling ty.

and sorry if more ppl fell the way you do im not trying to be rude just trying to help even if it does go unwanted since no dev bothered to reply to anything on my post.

URTFC.COM

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

i was basing the clueless comment off of his top 3 not entirely off of asking ppl there questions. and i figure people on the show would already know the priorities for the SOTG but i guess you can just get any streamer and and let the ppl tell them what to say? i dont get how me trying to help him out calls for me to be called a little narcissistic this post is for help so please no name calling ty.

and sorry if more ppl fell the way you do im not trying to be rude just trying to help even if it does go unwanted since no dev bothered to reply to anything on my post.

The reason I created this post isn’t because there is a lack of material, or because I lack understanding regarding the state of the game myself; rather its because I want to find out what it is the community is most concerned about.
I have been on SOTG before, so I understand the format of the show; and I am sorry to say that we don’t have the time to discuss all of the things you had linked, you need to understand we have roundabout an hour, to discuss a lot of material, so all I am doing in this thread is trying to understand what it is most of the community feel is paramount and they want to see in the show.
Ergo either place 3 questions that you wish to see discussed, or don’t post at all.

Thank you.

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

(edited by Xeph.4513)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

1). Incentives to get more casuals to try out spvp. (like ability to earn experience or gold. People would come in to do spvp dailies that way. I dont want experience IN hotm , but no reason your overworld character cant progress there).
2) The fact that 8 team tournies basically don’t pop. What are you going to do here. I know your having trouble getting maps to rotate , but something like this is eventually needed so we can have just 1 Q. (unless you introduce solo q).

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

SAtaarcoeny.8476

The reason I created this post isn’t because there is a lack of material, or because I lack understanding regarding the state of the game myself; rather its because I want to find out what it is the community is most concerned about.
I have been on SOTG before, so I understand the format of the show; and I am sorry to say that we don’t have the time to discuss all of the things you had linked, you need to understand we have roundabout an hour, to discuss a lot of material, so all I am doing in this thread is trying to understand what it is most of the community feel is paramount and they want to see in the show.
Ergo either place 3 questions that you wish to see discussed, or don’t post at all.

Thank you.

Thats my point you been on the show before and noone has ever liked it. ERGO i tried to help you make this one good.

URTFC.COM

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Xeph.4513

Xeph.4513

Thank you.

Thats my point you been on the show before and noone has ever liked it. ERGO i tried to help you make this one good.

Thank you for your concern!

Team Paradigm.
Xeph.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Socram.6587

Socram.6587

1) Is ANet planning to make the game more enjoyable for solo/small group queuers? (e.g. separate queues with their own visible ratings)
2) Are they happy with the current bunker-heavy meta? I’d like to see a compromise between the currently big customization possibilities in gear and an equalization like in Bloodline Champions.
3) Can we expect any change to the Glory/Rank Point system? Currently these are awarded mainly for tagging enemies and killing them, not as much as going for the objectives, playing as a team or winning the game. The Hot Join mode should also just exist for testing/dueling purposes and therefore not reward any points at all. A lot of new players get the impression that it’s the place to be to farm points, but they cannot learn much there in regard to actual PvP tactics → wrong incentives.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

1. MORE BUILD DIVERSITY ?

2. A PROPER SOLO QUE WITH RANKINGS/LADDER ?

3. DEATHMATCH ARENA ? DUELING ?

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

It’s been 7 months already. Where are my viable builds?

Give specific examples of how you are going to change something for a class. If the devs acknowledge that Corrosive Poison Cloud is a useless PoS skill and finally plan on changing it, I want to know what they’re going to do to change it. If the devs understand that the Elemensalist and Mesmer are overpowered in every way, shape and form, I want to know what they plan on changing.

Here is an important topic I’d like them to talk about.

• Every class currently has an ability to stomp opponents, which is nice. Are mechanics such as shroud-stomp or mistform-stomp intended?

(edited by Ruufio.1496)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

1. Build Diversity

2. Incentives to PvP. (Gold, XP, etc.)

3. Build Diversity

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Davinci.8027

Davinci.8027

Give specific examples of how you are going to change something for a class. If the devs acknowledge that Corrosive Poison Cloud is a useless PoS skill and finally plan on changing it, I want to know what they’re going to do to change it. If the devs understand that the Elemensalist and Mesmer are overpowered in every way, shape and form, I want to know what they plan on changing.

• Every class currently has an ability to stomp opponents, which is nice. Are mechanics such as shroud-stomp or mistform-stomp intended?

There are viable builds. They just haven’t been explored enough. 3 months ago, people were saying rangers were crap. Now, they’re the meta. 3 months ago, people were saying mesmers were the 1v1 king. Now almost anything can 1v1 them.
On the new map, I’m seeing plenty of new builds that I never thought would be viable before and are working.

I don’t think the issue here is balance. I think the issue is features and how they are implemented and what is needed to ATTRACT players to the game. There is not a high enough player-base, therefore there is no competition, and this fends off people from continuing to play. It’s an endless cycle.

The devs need to find a way of first keeping whatever players they have left, and then focus on attracting new and old players.

My 3 suggestions are:

1.) Implement leaderboards and visible ratings/ranks AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
2.) Get rid of hotjoins to be replaced by custom arenas. Solo Queu will then be MORE POPULATED which will lead to players being able to find teams.
3.) Use the QP system and create daily, weekly and monthly tournaments for more substantial rewards than the chests/glory.
These points are listed in my thread, however I picked the three that I felt are the most important.

Hope this helps.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

this would be a waste of a question. of course they are intended. what gives you the impression they aren’t?

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Baba Baba Ba.9810

Baba Baba Ba.9810

Awesome thread, appreciate the effort made.

1. Marketing strategy, I’d like to hear a statement about why this game is still so far from E-Sport, after it has been sold as such.

2. Is there any chance the PvP department will get more ressources / will be hiring soon, to speed up the development process?

3. Which feature comes first in terms of priority right now? Which one has the least priority?

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

There are viable builds. They just haven’t been explored enough. 3 months ago, people were saying rangers were crap. Now, they’re the meta. 3 months ago, people were saying mesmers were the 1v1 king. Now almost anything can 1v1 them.
On the new map, I’m seeing plenty of new builds that I never thought would be viable before and are working.

I don’t think the issue here is balance. I think the issue is features and how they are implemented and what is needed to ATTRACT players to the game. There is not a high enough player-base, therefore there is no competition, and this fends off people from continuing to play. It’s an endless cycle.

The devs need to find a way of first keeping whatever players they have left, and then focus on attracting new and old players.

My 3 suggestions are:

1.) Implement leaderboards and visible ratings/ranks AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
2.) Get rid of hotjoins to be replaced by custom arenas. Solo Queu will then be MORE POPULATED which will lead to players being able to find teams.
3.) Use the QP system and create daily, weekly and monthly tournaments for more substantial rewards than the chests/glory.
These points are listed in my thread, however I picked the three that I felt are the most important.

Hope this helps.

You do realize balance and bug fixes happened in that time. Three months ago mesmers hit way harder than they do today because shatter hadnt been nerfed yet.
Eles came into the meta pretty quickly after all there abilities got fixed.

Your partially right, there are good builds that arent figured out, but on the whole the meta is pretty stable nad hard to rock. Nothing moves the meta faster than balance/bug fixs.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Quickhit.3620

Quickhit.3620

• Any plans for helping the newbies to develop as players?
  • What’s their opinion for the huge population loss over the last 6 months concerning sPvP?What about the last patch dissapointment?
  • Current solo Q/matchmaking is a nightmare for casuals players since they always group up with low ranks(newbies).Any changes soon?

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

1. Build Diversity ( 2 parts )
a. Does ANet believe that there are more viable, competitive builds for each profession in the current design than are recognized by the playerbase, or do they agree with consensus that professions are pigeonholed into very specific specs?
b. Are the small tweaks yielding the results they are aiming for, both in perceived balance & actual balance?

2. Custom Servers – What is the payment model? Does the increasing opinion that Customs should replace the Hotjoin system outright affect their decision process?

3. PvE / PvP splitting – Does ANet have plans to draw a more defined line between balancing for PvE & PvP separately, or will they continue to attempt to balance both? If they aim to balance both together, do they feel this design philosophy plays a role in limited build diversity within specific gametypes ( PvE/WvW, PvP )?

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

A great idea Xeph. Thank you. I have a lot questions to ask but i will post the questions that are on my mind at the moment.

1. At the moment it seems that the warrior is prety much neglected. What are your plans for the warrior? Can we expect some actual fixes with the March update to make the warrior sustainable ?
2. Any chance to see Heroes’ Ascent(The Underworld,Fetid River, Burial Mounds,The Courtyard etc.) in GW2 ?
3. When are we going to see more classes in tPvP and WvWvW beside ( Ele, Guardian, Mesmer, Thiefs) ?

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I have only one question.

1.Are you looking into separating PvP and PvE skills more clearly, as you did in GW1 ?

To clarify, skills changes for PvP and very unclear for new players and maybe PvP and PvE need to be separated more clearly in terms of class balance. For instance warriors are dominant in PvE while having difficulties in PvP. That might be by design but it would be interesting to know what your future plans are.

1. Why is so much of class balance discussion (and even these States of the Game Q&As) focused around sPvP, when it is so different from and far less popular than PvE or WvW? Balance suffers in all aspects of the game due to their reticence to split more abilities along PvE/PvP lines.

2. When are the devs going to put up or shut up about eSports? It is ludicrous that eSport accessibility was given as justification for core design decisions (Conquest, no customizable UI, etc) before release, and yet they still have not implemented such basic features as custom arenas or observer mode more than six months later.

While I totally agree with the first question I kind of disagree on the second one.

One of the most popular eSports at the moment LoL still has no working Replays and it took them years to get observer mode in the game. This isn’t a major issue here.
While I am not a dedicated PvP player, my guildies (I could not convince any of my friends to play the game so I got only guildies) do PvP on a regular basis and from what I can see the major issue here is the unclear and outright bad matchmaking and ranking system.

The only thing I would call ludicrous about PvP is the lack of adequate matchmaking for such a long time. At this point the game has bled too many players for this to redeem PvP, more so that the current format cannot support competition in such a small community. The only thing I could think of that would attract casuals and PvE players to PvP at this point would be PvE rewards and maybe smaller team sizes (2v2,3v3,4v4).

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

(edited by Wayfinder.8452)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Thank you.

I liked it alot more than when say Java was there.

Anyway,

1) Incentive to pvp, a ladder or something. This probably the biggest issue for me.
2) Tone down Burst and Bunker specs so maybe more balanced specs would be viable
3) Solo/Duo queue
4) Asura Engineer Elixir S camera bug!

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: SeeYa.3640

SeeYa.3640

1) Rewardsystem
[insentives to play, connection to pve (like in gw1)]?

2) Mike O’Brien: …“Guild Wars 2 takes everything you love about Guild Wars 1 …”
(What did he mean by that? Any relevance to pvp?
source: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/ArenaNet's_MMO_Manifesto_trailer)

3) March patch

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Mssg.7804

Mssg.7804

1. Duels – Duels are very important because new people will be able to learn other classes animations, how to dodge and when to dodge during the fight vs other different classes. Duels also will take our time while waiting for friends or in que. I know we can go to empty hotjoin with friends but what if I dont want to wisper avery1 to join my server to duel me, I want to duel with random people in mists or even around the game. But lets start with mists. Duels vs thiefes or mesmers are not that bad, thiefs are op on hotjoin cuz not many ppl focus on them but in duel you will know with who you are going to fight. So please, will we see duels in march? if no when we can expect duels?

2. Ladder, visisble rating, monthly turneys are HOT needed. Like we need all of this now. I dont have to explain why. When we will se it and why so long?

3. New items in GLORY NPC. Lendary weps for 1mln glory + specific rating

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Like I said in another thread, for the engineer!

1) Why the kit refinement nerf? And it doesn’t seem to fully work right now (Global timer not working on tookit and Grenade), is it wanted?

2) Are you planning to balance downed state? Engineer/necro vs Mesmer/ElemDD

3) Are you guys planning on making subpart build since release viable? (MM necromancer, PP Thief, Turret Engineer)

Thank you!

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

(edited by Kardiamond.6952)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Kenshin.6154

Kenshin.6154

1. How can I get my hands on scripting tool for map design?
2. Why isn’t spvp part of the game made free to play?
3. When you were deciding upon primary mode for spvp… what were other modes that you took statiscs from?

“Axios!”
Kenshin [Foo] ~ Piken Square
http://www.twitch.tv/pewpewkenshin

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

3. When you were deciding upon primary mode for spvp… what were other modes that you took statiscs from?

That would be great, or atleast a cheaper version of the client just containing the mists which later can be upgrade to gain access to pve/wvwvw

I did that kind of suggestion in beta but got an avalanche of people flameing me for being poor etc :S.

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

1. I don’t think I’m wrong in saying that goodwill and patience amongst the pvp community is at an all time low right now. (at the very least, amongst the forums, although I can’t imagine a silent majority of happy spvpers in this case)

The ongoing unfulfilled promises aren’t going to cut it anymore. Does anet management realise they need to change their approach if they want to retain player goodwill? What are you going to do about it?

2. Personally I believe the lowest hanging fruit is skill/class balance and mechanics. Even putting aside controversial topics like thieves and eles, it’s largely agreed that huge chunks of the skills/traits/gear in the game are either unviable, unuseable, unfun, or just plain filler that doesn’t really affect gameplay. (eg. 5% extra damage when using x weapon etc.)
other games have had Major Class Revamps before, it’s probably time for one here. unlike features such as custom arenas, hopefully most balance changes can be done via changing numbers or shuffling traits around, so presumably this is quicker than coding new features. Thus, I think it’s lowest hanging fruit that will impact the game the most right now. Why isn’t this happening?

3. You can already see that the reaction for every recent patch is disappointment over lack of balance changes and general apathy over whatever else the patch brings. It’s obvious that many are hanging on to hope that major balance changes will come soon, to increase viable builds and play styles. Why have you not responded to this desire, which is probably pretty high priority amongst players right now? Switching to bi weekly balance changes, and much more justification, discussion, and consultation about balance is sorely needed. Please respond?

(edited by Rieselle.5079)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

1. I don’t think I’m wrong in saying that goodwill and patience amongst the pvp community is at an all time low right now. (at the very least, amongst the forums, although I can’t imagine a silent majority of happy spvpers in this case)

The ongoing unfulfilled promises aren’t going to cut it anymore. Does anet management realise they need to change their approach if they want to retain player goodwill? What are you going to do about it?

2. Personally I believe the lowest hanging fruit is skill/class balance and mechanics. Even putting aside controversial topics like thieves and eles, it’s largely agreed that huge chunks of the skills/traits/gear in the game are either unviable, unuseable, unfun, or just plain filler that doesn’t really affect gameplay. (eg. 5% extra damage when using x weapon etc.)
other games have had Major Class Revamps before, it’s probably time for one here. unlike features such as custom arenas, hopefully most balance changes can be done via changing numbers or shuffling traits around, so presumably this is quicker than coding new features. Thus, I think it’s lowest hanging fruit that will impact the game the most right now. Why isn’t this happening?

3. You can already see that the reaction for every recent patch is disappointment over lack of balance changes and general apathy over whatever else the patch brings. It’s obvious that many are hanging on to hope that major balance changes will come soon, to increase viable builds and play styles. Why have you not responded to this desire, which is probably pretty high priority amongst players right now? Switching to bi weekly balance changes, and much more justification, discussion, and consultation about balance is sorely needed. Please respond?

this is probably one of the better sets of questions in this thread

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

1)
Will you consider separating www from pve in regard to get the opportunity to have 2 different build layouts (traits, skills, armor) for the same character? As it is now for pvp and pve.

www and pve are two very different instances. There should be two different character layouts.

2)
Ranger balance (www): What plans do you have for Rangers (pet, weapons, skills, traits) to make diverse viable builds that can compete with other professions?

eg. a lot of traits are not in synergy, no one use spirits, ranger lack something “unique” to contribute in groups.

3)
Why do you concentrate so much on new content on the cost of not fixing known bugs?

Many known bugs since release day are still not fixed. Most players would rather prefer a 100% bug-free game rather than a broken game with more broken extra content.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

1) Are they actively working on improving Raid or have they basically abandoned it for the time being? Two new maps have come out while Raid sits unchanged in hot joins.

2) What are the current plans to develop the tournament system? Randomized maps, change 3-round to be once per week/month, etc.?

3) What is the priority of making a more thorough tutorial?

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: LordSlack.4685

LordSlack.4685

Here are a few non-pvp things to consider since I think you’re all set in that department:

1. We want lots more cosmetic items in the gem store, any word when this will get fleshed out? I think most people hate town clothes, why can’t we make our armor look like a pirate if we are willing to pay for it?

2. Any plans to release an LFG system? Bare bones, an LFG system for Story mode dungeons, making it easier for pugs. Perhaps just walking into the dungeon spawns you there with 4 other people who did the same for instantaneous grouping.

3. Emotes! For a touch of old fashioned fun, are there any prospects to add more /emotes to the game? A little goes a long way and my friends and I enjoy just goofing off with emotes as much as we can.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

That would be great, or atleast a cheaper version of the client just containing the mists which later can be upgrade to gain access to pve/wvwvw

I did that kind of suggestion in beta but got an avalanche of people flameing me for being poor etc :S.

In GW1 you could buy a PvP account. The PvP account had no access to PvE but was way cheaper and had some bonus unlocks.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: tiko.9206

tiko.9206

1. Their opinion of the balance (Timewarp (most team-fight changing skill ever); portal —> a HUGE disadvantage for teams without mesmer; def ele, rtl with orb etc..)
2. Whats the logic behind letting premades play against pugs? Why no GUILD wars?
3. Upcoming features (what and when): Ladder; observ; weekly,daily,monthly toruneys

Additional: I hope they will understand that the most of the pvp community left cause of balance/lack of content or competition and they have to do sth quick..
—→ I’d like to see their reaction if you say that the march update is the last chance to keep Xeph ingame

I Am Elementalist – Ele for [CroW] – tPvP

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Master Charles.7093

Master Charles.7093

3 Questions

1) What are your plans for class balancing?

2) Will we ever see arena?

3) Why do you believe population is now so low?

(Three questions is a tough format, but I understand the utility of a clean, structured presentation. I phrased what I believe to be the overarching issues into 3 questions that facilitate a deeper discussion. That being said, I want to elaborate on the framework of each question for the Sake Of The Game. I’d like to see answers to these questions addressed with some or any consideration for the points raised in the next 3 respectively numbered paragraphs.)

1st question) Balance: Ele’s, mesmers, and thieves are frequently sited as having major, gamebreaking imbalances. Stealth is a big frustration for any build or class without big aoe, and it feels uncalibrated with the damage mesmers and thieves do. Builds that peak in conditions, cleansing, or heals create unfun extremes in the meta. Classes also need more equality with stun breaks and mobility (and perhaps time spent invulnerable, boon application and removal.) Simply put, some classes are far easier to play. We have yet to hear of a class rework or see any ability removed or added, so… (#1)

2nd question) Modes: Conquest is a mode for 5-man teams in voip. The major stratagem is to communicate and coordinate with your team to outnumber opponents at 3 points on a map. The request for solo que is an attempt for solo players to have more of a chance, but without team organization conquest becomes meaningless, hapless scoring. 5v5+ spread across 3 points can be very chaotic because 1v2 through 4v5 isn’t realistic with such short TTL/TTK. Conquest creates a constant flux of opponents in nearly every confrontation, meaning most players just get ganged up on and die a lot (but bunkers and stealth less so.) A mode of 2v2 or 3v3 might increase the sense of competition. Most people have 2 or 3 friends they want to play with before they find 5. And finally, arenas would require a lot less communication and side-objective strategizing, making them more accessible for solo/duos, so… (#2)

3rd question) Player Support: Players are largely aware of the problems with pvp, yet unaware of where it is going. Anet says balance is good and better than most games. PvP was built on conquest and sold on e-sports, but population is so low that the tournament format had to be abandoned. Most players want to see major changes, but balance is slow-played and we’re told almost nothing until the release dates, only to receive negligible balance adjustments and additional maps for the same mode, so… (#3)

I know this is a wall of text, so I’ll try not to respond to groupthink comments like L2P.

Good luck, community

(edited by Master Charles.7093)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

1. Why is it that half the problems we are having are lessons that were learned by the gw1 dev team, and the rest are lessons that should have been learned from them?

2. Have there been any second thoughts about giving players skill bars (since there isn’t much weapon variety)? Was this intended to solve the problem of unanticipated combinations causing balance problems?

edit: 3. If balance over time were represented graphically on the x-y plane with the x axis being perfect balance, gw1 balance could be modeled by balance(t) = nx sin(x). Will gw2 attempt to be modeled by balance(t) = n/x sin(x) ?

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

(edited by mbh.8301)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Here is my list:

1) Is it your intention of having a game balanced around 1vs1 encounters or team fights and do you feel that your changes so far reflect that idea?

2)Any intention of including armor/weapons/emotes/titles based on the ranking system?

Profession specific question:

1) Ever thought of removing heal from the ele class and increase the base vitality or adding water based evasive skills on short CD?
2) Will the lack of viable burst build on ele ever be addressed?
3) Wouldn’t a reduction in attunement base CD help players in creating more builds?

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: McMending.1985

McMending.1985

1) Can we combine hotm servers of all regions?
2) When will we see small ingame tourneys like HA in gw1?
3) Observe plx!

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Ruufio.1496

Ruufio.1496

this would be a waste of a question. of course they are intended. what gives you the impression they aren’t?

Are you joking me?

If you enter Death Shroud and then try to stomp or res, you can’t. It was originally made this way because way back in closed beta, you would have stability for the entire duration you were in Death Shroud, so it would have been overpowered to stomp or res, etc.

This is no longer the case though, as Death Shroud was massively nerfed after closed beta.

You have to press 2 buttons at the same time to be able to do these stomps. It would be nice to hear Anet’s opinions on the matter now that the game has been out for so long. Necromancer’s no longer have stability for the entire duration and Death Shroud is their only defensive mechanic/ability to stomp with.

For Elementalists, they can’t be stopped when mistform-stomping, but they have to waste a valuable cooldown to do it.

Anet have never spoken how they feel about this subject so it would be nice to know if they plan on angering a ton of players by removing these abilities or not. Most Necromancers agree that we should be able to stomp or res in Death Shroud by default, not by glitching it by pressing 2 buttons at once.

(edited by Ruufio.1496)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

1) Will we see one big patch containing multiple adjustments to increase build variety or is the small and steady approach intended to adress these issues?

2) Any plans on bringing in more of the pve crowd? Like implementing some kind of daily/montly pvp tokens which can be traded in for pve stuff(gulps of karma/exp/gold).

3) Will the mists ever become a brigther place with more color in it or is it supposed to stay as a mildly depressing place. (yes, i know about the lore but it either needs more fog and moonlight or more sunshine and singing birds)

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

1.) Will we have duels any time soon?
2.) What about arenas?
3.) Is the warrior ever gonna be fixed to be more than a PvP punching bag?

[SOTG] Questions Poll

in PvP

Posted by: Oareo.1604

Oareo.1604

1. What can be done to attract PvE/WvW players to sPvP?

2. What are the plans for game modes other than conquest? Expansion? Never?

3. How often and how far in advance can we get information regarding changes?