SPVP Creepers

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: birdn.9201

birdn.9201

We took down the video because of the reactions we received on the forums and want to apologize for not respecting the privacy of the players we were spectating. Next time, we will request consent from the player to record them, and keep them anonymous. We overlooked the importance of player privacy, and will make sure it doesn’t happen again in the future. Our apologies.

www.youtube.com/addiktgaming

(edited by birdn.9201)

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: AmuseDarkly.2430

AmuseDarkly.2430

It is fairly self explanatory what he meant.
You used correct/incorrect, that might be YOUR definition but not THE definition. It come across as elitist and arrogant.
Who are you to judge what’s “correct” or not?

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

I like it. Don’t listen to first responder. Keep focusing on builds that make zero sense and are totally useless. You can make fun of their actions more too. Then after you’ve destroyed them you can build them back up again. Making fun of PvE players in PvP is awesome. Its like making fun of a kids horrendous drawings. It’s bad and not nice but its funny. My co-worker has a 6 year old and has her old drawing and failed coloring attempts all over her cube. I make fun of them all the time and the rest of the people in cubicle city get a huge kick out of it. Like why did she draw you with three legs? And how can you misspell love with luv. Not only does your kid have zero motor skills but her grammar is the absolute worst. And seriously why color the already white paper with a white crayon? She’s not accomplishing anything other than butchering the black lines that she’s supposed to be coloring inside of. Its a riot actually. I fully recommend.

On a serious note, I’d love to be on the show some time!

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

birdn.9201

It is fairly self explanatory what he meant.
You used correct/incorrect, that might be YOUR definition but not THE definition. It come across as elitist and arrogant.
Who are you to judge what’s “correct” or not?

There are clear points that are stated as to why certain choices are not good and other choices are better. We’re talking about informing people of things they might not be aware of like how Sigil of Superior Fire and Superior Air won’t work on the same weapon set, because they share the same cooldown. I’m not sure how someone gets upset over the correct/incorrect idea of it. It’s about letting people know why certain choices are not viable.

It’s about letting people get a feel for how everything in a build needs to synergize with each other.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

birdn.9201

I like it. Don’t listen to first responder. Keep focusing on builds that make zero sense and are totally useless. You can make fun of their actions more too. Then after you’ve destroyed them you can build them back up again. Making fun of PvE players in PvP is awesome. Its like making fun of a kids horrendous drawings. It’s bad and not nice but its funny. My co-worker has a 6 year old and has her old drawing and failed coloring attempts all over her cube. I make fun of them all the time and the rest of the people in cubicle city get a huge kick out of it. Like why did she draw you with three legs? And how can you misspell love with luv. Not only does your kid have zero motor skills but her grammar is the absolute worst. And seriously why color the already white paper with a white crayon? She’s not accomplishing anything other than butchering the black lines that she’s supposed to be coloring inside of. Its a riot actually. I fully recommend.

Right, except we aren’t making fun of anyone. I’ve always encouraged people to create unique builds. Unfortunately, even if you use a unique build, it still needs to make sense. Where do you see us making fun of someone? There is a moment at the very beginning where I candidly laughed at a certain decision. We are constructively criticizing a build and talking about downfalls of the player’s build, while pointing out things that many newer players might overlook or not be aware of.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

Right, except we aren’t making fun of anyone. I’ve always encouraged people to create unique builds. Unfortunately, even if you use a unique build, it still needs to make sense. Where do you see us making fun of someone? There is a moment at the very beginning where I candidly laughed at a certain decision. We are constructively criticizing a build and talking about downfalls of the player’s build, while pointing out things that many newer players might overlook or not be aware of.

Maybe next time try NOT opening up your video with immature giggling and finger-pointing when you’re not “making fun of anyone” as you put it.

People run experimental builds in sPvP all the time, it’s those players and their decisions to ignore the giggling, finger-pointing antics your video represent that discover those builds that you simply google to find and use afterwards. Nobody of any credibility would ever make a video like this to show anything productive.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: Carynn.3251

Carynn.3251

I personally thought that the video was awesome!!! It was entertaining and educational
to me. I’ll usually fall asleep watching gw2 related videos but this one was different. When you don’t have friends who play the game or your friends are equally new to the game, some vital information can be overlooked. I’ve been a GW2 fan since the release and was totally lost in the pvp scene in the beginning. lol Just like you have mentioned in the video: the importance of off-hand, sigils and runes, conflictsbetween
the sigils and the build ( I still don’t understand much to be honest) are the mistakes I’ve made and still learning. (go on, call me a noob! haha) It was also interesting to see different builds people are running with other than the popular ones. I’m looking forward to see more of the series. Haters be haters… don’t mind the guy with the negative comment.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

birdn.9201

Maybe next time try NOT opening up your video with immature giggling and finger-pointing when you’re not “making fun of anyone” as you put it.

People run experimental builds in sPvP all the time, it’s those players and their decisions to ignore the giggling, finger-pointing antics your video represent that discover those builds that you simply google to find and use afterwards. Nobody of any credibility would ever make a video like this to show anything productive.

The reason I put the necromancer part in was the fact that we thought it was a girl character while the whole time it was actually a male character, just for a laugh. We didn’t go over the necromancers build, because it was so far off and he was lacking an off hand weapon anyway.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Yo birds.You should told me a bit more about these kinds of videos.Will check it when I have a chance.Working now…

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

birdn.9201

Yo birds.You should told me a bit more about these kinds of videos.Will check it when I have a chance.Working now…

lol you’re always in the fractals now! Let me know when you get home

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Not always. I am still doing tourney here and there.We have not done many tourney lately together.Let do it sometimes. Will comments on video laters

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

birdn.9201

Not always. I am still doing tourney here and there.We have not done many tourney lately together.Let do it sometimes. Will comments on video laters

We haven’t done tournies in awhile either because my power supply was busted. Thanks Leo, and make sure you let me know what ya think

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Hm, maybe blacking out names would make people feel more comfortable with this idea.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: Seras.5241

Seras.5241

Hm, maybe blacking out names would make people feel more comfortable with this idea.

Good idea thanks for the input.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Stealth.9324

We haven’t done tournies in awhile either because my power supply was busted. Thanks Leo, and make sure you let me know what ya think

Just have a quick look part of it during lunch time, I think you guys did a decent jobs on comments. For these builds I wonders how it will fare in 1vs1 since in all the dues and builds u comment, they are all Zerg arounds. Keep it up and maybe we can do a tournament record when we get back together.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Love the dodging and excuses, ‘oh it’s constructive criticism!’

You’re singling out noobs and saying how noob they are. You’re not even blanking the names. Way to grow the community kittens.

I don’t even know where you got the idea that you’re some kind of authority on builds anyway at rank 800 NA. Hopefully you’ve been a lot higher than that before you started criticising others.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

birdn.9201

Love the dodging and excuses, ‘oh it’s constructive criticism!’

You’re singling out noobs and saying how noob they are. You’re not even blanking the names. Way to grow the community kittens.

We’re not singling out noobs at all. We never said we had a problem with their builds in general, but we pick builds where there are a few changes that could be made and lessons that could be taught. Aren’t you being openly offensive by calling them noobs in the first place? We never treated them as such.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

More BS. Yeah, I’m a real bad guy for calling them noobs. You’re making videos of them, laughing at their characters appearances, and generally being a dipkitten. Good work.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

birdn.9201

More BS. Yeah, I’m a real bad guy for calling them noobs. You’re making videos of them, laughing at their characters appearances, and generally being a dipkitten. Good work.

You’re full of it. We weren’t laughing at his appearance, but we were laughing at how we kept calling him a girl not even realizing it was a male character.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Keep firing off those excuses, definitely avoid taking responsibility for how you come across in the video, wouldn’t want to break your routine.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

This is trash. How effective or ineffective a build is will be evident by the player’s scores and performance over time. The player will know how they are doing, as will their opponents. If the player wants to do further research for their build, there are plenty of resources already available (on this forum and the official /wiki). If you want to help players, talk to them in-game or make a guide (video or written) to address the issues you want to discuss (which are likely recurring in your criticism of gearing/etc.). Making critical videos of unsuspecting players seems like harassment to me, and shouldn’t be encouraged here. Maybe you just want to make yourself “famous” by making these videos?

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

birdn.9201

This is trash. How effective or ineffective a build is will be evident by the player’s scores and performance over time. The player will know how they are doing, as will their opponents. If the player wants to do further research for their build, there are plenty of resources already available (on this forum and the official /wiki). If you want to help players, talk to them in-game or make a guide (video or written) to address the issues you want to discuss (which are likely recurring in your criticism of gearing/etc.). Making critical videos of unsuspecting players seems like harassment to me, and shouldn’t be encouraged here. Maybe you just want to make yourself “famous” by making these videos?

We made a mistake of not hiding the players identity. Next time we will make sure to hide the identity of whoever we are spectating. This isn’t meant specifically for the person we’re spectating, but finding lessons within their build, just like someone commentating on LoL and pointing out mistakes along with the positives, which we also do. But we understand now to make sure the identity of the players are well hidden.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

I can’t believe all the negative responses. Its all in good fun. I don’t see how making fun of players is a bad thing. If its just for entertainment. If this seriously offends you then you may have been traumatized at an early age and should seek professional help. This in no way is a bad thing. Make fun of them, mock them, make them the pun of your joke, then get real and make serious suggestions as to how to increase the effectiveness of their build. Its not that big of a deal. In the end kittenally cares what some random people on the internet think about your build and overall game play? Laugh and let it go.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

I can’t believe all the negative responses. Its all in good fun. I don’t see how making fun of players is a bad thing. If its just for entertainment. If this seriously offends you then you may have been traumatized at an early age and should seek professional help. This in no way is a bad thing. Make fun of them, mock them, make them the pun of your joke, then get real and make serious suggestions as to how to increase the effectiveness of their build. Its not that big of a deal. In the end kittenally cares what some random people on the internet think about your build and overall game play? Laugh and let it go.

It’s about driving potential players away because the community is the kind that picks on new players and laughs at them. Making fun of others says a lot more about your character than it does about them anyway. Conformity born of timidity. It’s always the bad players who do it too. Except in wow, where some of the good players would talk kitten, but that game had a kittenty community all round.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: Gaidax.7835

Gaidax.7835

I think the vid was really good. I wrote a huge post about it, but the forum issues ate it.

I think the idea is sound, it is really interesting, since it lets you see what other players and professions do and useful comments with pieces if information like sigil shared cooldowns are great, a lot of people are not aware of it and there is a lot of stuff like that.

The Necro bit at the start was really ok and I’d say it is good it was there, because it’s good to have some light hearted entrance and not start cracking out numbers right away.

The guardian part was very good, you showed off the build’s possible strengths and weaknesses in the footage there. And you did a nice review of traits on the fly and we seen in action what they do, how much they heal or damage/effects they do.

The warrior one was a bit worse, IMO, but I think that mostly it was because of his supportive nature where he did not do much himself and you seemed to have a hard time understanding what is the point of his build.

Overall, very good.

Things to keep:

1) Light hearted opening where you show a funny bit to get the mood going – I like it.
2) Constructive narration.
3) In-depth traits and gear review.

Things to improve:

1) Hide names – people get offended by this and I think the reason is sound.
2) Work on a more light hearted style where you sound as respecting people’s choice and suggesting what could be better, without sounding as some sort of authority or seasoned veteran (this really makes people rage in comments). Builds that look silly on a first glance may actually be good and you could have just happened to watch a bad streak for the guy in this game, happens with all of us.
3) Incorporate 5v5 footage, IMO it is better because it is more personal, more small scale action going on, it is clearer and a personal build has more of an impact in every fight.
4)Review 3 builds per video, take 2 guys, which do ok and another one who does really well. This way we all can learn from the good player and understand why he is doing good and have a more down to earth guys where we can see and understand together how they could make it better. Don’t review obvious noobs who have no clue what they are doing, waste of time

So in the end – good stuff here, make more!

===

To the haters – cut the crap. I seen someone write “lol how can you review, ur only 800th place NA”, why does this even matter? If you see some sports commentators, there are some really good ones who are right on the spot and people love them, yet if you would give a ball to them, they would probably not be able to pass it properly the guy standing near them or if we exaggerate less, would be nowhere near the level of the guys they comment on. It does not matter, as long as you comment well, you are right and comment in proper style.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: Gaidax.7835

Gaidax.7835

And it’s a shame you caved in… Just take another footage without names, the idea is good, so keep up with it and don’t be discouraged.

There will always be lots of whiny comments, but with no names I think there isn’t much to complain about.

Also, I don’t think you should ask permission either. Just hide names.

(edited by Gaidax.7835)

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

birdn.9201

And it’s a shame you caved in… Just take another footage without names, the idea is good, so keep up with it and don’t be discouraged.

There will always be lots of whiny comments, but with no names I think there isn’t much to complain about.

Also, I don’t think you should ask permission either. Just hide names.

Thank you Gaidax, I really appreciate everything you wrote. You really get what we were trying to do and it’s unfortunate thakitten didn’t come across that way for some. I think the best thing to do was to just take it down. We will definitely be doing more, and I love your suggestions, so thank you for that.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

I enjoyed the video and I like the idea behind it. I think it could have used more general polish, but I imagine that comes with time and practice. I think you have a good idea for all the reasons already stated and I hope you do not get discouraged.

As for the privacy issues … I get it. However, I cannot also help but feel they are a little bunk. With observer mode you get more information than you did before, certainly, but I fail to see how this is so drastically different than those folks who would (still do?) post videos of themselves wrecking players who are obviously learning. They do not go out of their way to hide their opponents names. Many of those players that get wrecked may feel anger and frustration for being used this way without their prior consent … and yet there has never been outrage against these types of video makers. What gives?

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

it’s hotjoin. i can go with 0/0/0/0/0 and have no runes and sigils on and still ill get glory.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Many of those players that get wrecked may feel anger and frustration for being used this way without their prior consent … and yet there has never been outrage against these types of video makers. What gives?

Maybe because there isn’t actually that many people doing them? I find this rather irrelevant because the video was rather awkward. Having a video with their name blanked out, permission without mentioning who it is and giving tips on what that player CAN do better next time/specs/ect is perfectly fine and a good idea, but trashing them into the ground and laughing point blank at their play is wrong.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

This is why you should be able to block your traits and equipment from other people if you want to. Not because people will steal your build but because there is a chance some so-called pro somewhere will see your build and tell you its wrong. Any time you have some form of inspection it always leads to crap like this.

SPVP Creepers

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Since the OP edited the first post and removed the video link, the discussion on this thread has run its course.

Thanks for your understanding.
This thread is closed.