Saw #1 player in hotjoin...

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

I saw Gasmask’s video of him playing in a random hotjoin PUG (looked like) over on his Twitch page.

I was comforted to see that, without a team, he tended to go down nearly as often as I do as a ranger.

Gotta have a team to work with.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Nothing new…everyone knows that top ladder = best teams, there’s nothing about single players, those who have a good team and play more get more rewards, the same like old paids…

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

Shocked

Not.

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Also keep in mind that hotjoin is extremely chaotic and zergy. Even the best players will fall easily if a sudden mob zerg them out of nowhere, and spam you all conditions in the game, while stunning/ KDing you several times in a row, while bursting you from two or three different sources.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Also keep in mind that hotjoin is extremely chaotic and zergy. Even the best players will fall easily if a sudden mob zergs them out of nowhere, and spam you all conditions in the game, while stunning/ KDing you several times in a row, while bursting you from two or three different sources.

You got that right….Hotjoins Spvp atmosphere isn’t calm at all.

Pineapples

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

I don’t know what you were expecting. High rated people are surrounded by the halo of God? Kill players with a sneeze? And bullet proof?

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

teamwork makes the dream work

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

in PvP

Posted by: Shananigans.8412

Shananigans.8412

Oooh the synergy…

./fifteen Charrs

Shananigans- Team Absolute Legends
[Ark]-Ele

(edited by Shananigans.8412)

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

teamwork makes the dream work

Is english even your first language? ;p

Neglekt

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

The magic of this game is that everyone has the same stats. The only things that matter are builds, balance and skill.

So yes, if you have two people on you you’re probably gonna die. Big surprise. Unlike in WvW they have the exact same gear as anyone else

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

To add another layer, often the best specs for soloing , are not the same as they way you would spec for a team .

But to win a 2vs1 is nearly impossible.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

In Hotjoin everything is possible.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

oh no i saw him too
that means hundreds of people were laughing at me on stream

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

oh no i saw him too
that means hundreds of people were laughing at me on stream

more like 10 people

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Being highly ranked has never necessarily equaled being super skilled in a game that rewards grouping. Because people can carry people and a lot of people don’t go to the effort of running full groups so you aren’t even fighting appropriate competition a lot of the time. This is not a knock on Gasmask just a comment on pvp MMORPGs in general I have played and been in many groups that won all the time and we frequently carried average at best players at times. In a team game being ranked #1 might mean you have rarely solo queued versus someone who is rank 50 and solo queues a lot but who actually might be a better player.

in PvP

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Doing well in this game in spvp is a result of coordination with your teammates. You’re rewarded much more for being in the right place than what you do when you’re there.

The actual combat portion of the game really doesn’t have enough variety and options for you to be particularly “good at” once you know what you’re doing. You probably aren’t going to be any better at killing people in your 1500th tourney than you were in your 1000th.

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Minion,

That makes sense to me, after playing 1200+ games, mostly hotjoin.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”