Sharks with Lazers thief quitting, s/d

in PvP

Posted by: aidas.2196

aidas.2196

Hi PvP community,

This is Lord (Lazer Lord, Aidanas, Lord McCabe). I play for the Sharks with Lazers team, we recently made it to the finals for TOG. I would say many of you know me, some may not, but I have gotten to know quite a few of you, some who I have been pretty good friends with. This is the first post I have ever made and unfortunately, I am making it to let you all know that I will be quitting due to irl commitments and my general disappointment with the track that Guild Wars is going.

I have played this game since beta, so 2 years now, and have solely played this game for those 2 years. I’ve played thief since launch and I have played S/D since launch. Thief is the only class I really really enjoy, and the class, along with sword, have been completely and repeatedly nerfed into the ground. Sword/dagger is now, officially, unusable in competitive play due to the lack of dps and overall lack of viability. I really don’t know where to start…. Uhm, the three skill on sword is now basically equivalent to the 3 skill on shortbow. Any competent player can ensure that you never land a single flanking strike, thus making it impossible for you to land any larcernous (the majority of your dps on sword). The 3 spam on sword is, in some ways, now worse than it was before in terms of evade spam. The weapon set just really is not viable anymore.

I don’t want to waste anyone’s time reading this I just wanted to express my frustration with the continuous balance issues in the game. Having just entered college, I no longer have a lot of time to play, and when I do have time to play, I am dissuaded by the state of thief and competitive pvp at the moment.

Thank you to all of the players in the game who I have gotten to know well, I will miss playing with you guys. I hope to see this game in a better state in 6 months or whenever I decide to return.

Thanks,

Lord

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

Bye McCabe, good luck in college!

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Thieves in general are not in a great place right now. I think there will still be some on teams, but they no longer have a specific role that another class cannot do better.

in PvP

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

Sad to see you go, good luck frand. Sadly, one less thief in high tier spvp, our numbers are dwindling rapidly.

But S/D needed to be nerfed, and it got what it needed. As I’ve said in various other places on the forums, it’s not that S/D is now suddenly terrible, it’s that many classes are so obscenely broken by contrast that it skews the perception of balance quite drastically. S/D is now balanced, Unfortunately, the things you’ll be going up against won’t be.

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Steb.2571)

in PvP

Posted by: KarinaCO.6948

KarinaCO.6948

The weapon-set itself didn’t need a fix. Acrobatics trait line needed a change.

necro

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This ^^

Community: S/D thief has too many evades
ANET: Ok, let’s lower their damage.

in PvP

KarinaCO.6948

Yeah, all those evades come from traits such as feline grace which is in the Acrobatics line and completely broken

necro

(edited by KarinaCO.6948)

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Game is unbalanced in my opinion too, and it is sad to see players go, but then again he is not the first, nor the last to leave this game; and we all know it. Someone else will take his place and the product will go on to bring profit just like nothing happened in this consumers society.
Have fun {aidas.2196} and enjoy life with love, or some other game of your choosing.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

gonna miss you bro

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

This ^^

Community: S/D thief has too many evades
ANET: Ok, let’s lower their damage.

Didn’t the thief community asked and is asking for more sustain,cleansing out of stealth through Acro(also change of traits)?

Don’t be like the mesmer community…..generally speaking..

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

Bro, college or university? college is easy i always had played stupid many games lot but always got more than B~A+ so just play game casually bro lol

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

in PvP

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

Bro, college or university? college is easy i always had played stupid many games lot but always got more than B~A+ so just play game casually bro lol

And this is why you should focus on your education, a better endorsement has never been made.

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Kitt.2567

And this is why you should focus on your education, a better endorsement has never been made.

I mean i dont some1 leaving this stupid gameeee come back bro plzzz

in PvP

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

<3 Breh. Good luck, ill miss my S/D buddie whom I love to kitten talk too ;D.

in PvP

KarinaCO.6948

LOL

necro

in PvP

Kitt.2567

As long as I know, bro, Lux Fortuna is university student that is very famous in Canada and he play game and tourney of blahblah as you see now! idk he got failed on many courses for playing games madly but he doesnt say anything about it which means he can survive in university with playing game as well!! Therefore i think you can keep playing game! i dont think college professor doesnt mark you based on your much knowledge and intelligence but your rage which means you can get high mark if you just show them your rage and shout everywhere you go into class and got asked that’s it! GG!!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in PvP

Posted by: aidas.2196

aidas.2196

its university

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

In reality, college/university is basically just a test of your time management skills and personality. If you can set aside time to study with 100% focus 2-4 hours a day, go to class, and not go looking around for “fun” at night every other day, you can easily do well, cook good food, workout, and still play tons of games.

I wouldn’t say a part-time job of 20 hours or so a week is possible if you want everything, but I’ve seen it done for those who are really hardcore.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

(edited by Aeroxe.8140)

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

lords a partyer^

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Adrianicus Shield.6803

Adrianicus Shield.6803

Going to miss you bro, good luck in college

in PvP

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Don’t have time because of university?

That is probably the most spare time I ever had in my life!

Wait till you get a job, a wife, and a kid

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Don’t have time because of university?

That is probably the most spare time I ever had in my life!

Wait till you get a job, a wife, and a kid

Seriously, I have more free time than ever. I don’t want it to end!

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

College is a scam, but good luck with your future endeavors.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Take a break and settle up. Once you get comfortable and make a schedule for day, I bet you’ll have some spare time .

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

nice to know someone who will accumulate so much debt before finishing college.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

All I can ask is that the previous form of S/D is never revived.

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Sad to see you go, good luck frand. Sadly, one less thief in high tier spvp, our numbers are dwindling rapidly.

But S/D needed to be nerfed, and it got what it needed. As I’ve said in various other places on the forums, it’s not that S/D is now suddenly terrible, it’s that many classes are so obscenely broken by contrast that it skews the perception of balance quite drastically. S/D is now balanced, Unfortunately, the things you’ll be going up against won’t be.

Balance in a game is also relative to other things in that same game. Things aren’t overpowered or underpowered n a vacuum. That is why this statement: “it’s not that S/D is now suddenly terrible, it’s that many classes are so obscenely broken by contrast that it skews the perception of balance quite drastically. S/D is now balanced, Unfortunately, the things you’ll be going up against won’t be” kinda contradicts itself

If other classes he is playing against are “obscenely broken” compared to his own than by definition it is underpowered.

(edited by Cam Ron.4170)

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

I mean i dont some1 leaving this stupid gameeee come back bro plzzz

I just started middle/juniorhigh school, and its tough! Way harder than pre/grade school. Only have time to occasionally troll people in skyhammer .

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Murmaider.1805

Murmaider.1805

Best of Luck man, I’m new to posting in the forums and it’s a shame to see you go… but with RL stuff I completely get it. As for me, I’m in the same boat with my thief. It’s the only profession I’ve made to 80 and the only one I enjoy. I’m still going to play though, I’m starting to get used to this nerf and I’m having fun with d/p p/p. Hopefully there are brighter days in our future, but I’m kind of enjoying how good I’m getting namely because I have to do my best in every fight to survive haha