Should this Guy get Dishonored? And how?

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

So this guy openly admits to going AFK and there’s no option to report him? How do we do it? Under the “bot” option?

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

There is not even a harassment option afaik :/

But i think the bot option is best..

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

That is not proof of him being afk.I think you should get an infraction for ilegitimely report players.

in PvP

Posted by: P Fun Daddy.1208

P Fun Daddy.1208

That is not proof of him being afk.I think you should get an infraction for ilegitimely report players.

Him saying he was afk is not proof of him being afk?
I’m sorry if I don’t quite understand.

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Yes it is not proof .People can say in chat whatever they want to say as long it’s not inflamatory or offensive in wich case should be reported for that reason only and still get an infraction for using the inadequate report option.Gw2 chat is not being monitored as “in court under pledge” material.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: zilcho.7624

zilcho.7624

Yes it is not proof .People can say in chat whatever they want to say as long it’s not inflamatory or offensive in wich case should be reported for that reason only and still get an infraction for using the inadequate report option.Gw2 chat is not being monitored as “in court under pledge” material.

You are conflating two very different questions. Can chat alone provide valid grounds for a report? Yes. Is chat alone sufficient to suspend a player for going AFK? Probably not.

I would be shocked if Anet considered this an abuse of the reporting system. It would be Orwellian in the extreme.

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

Is my saying that I’m Elvis proof that I’m Elvis?

I don’t quite understand your failure to understand.

in PvP

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

IT’s enough proof for a report, for suspending/banning it’s not.

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Seeing him at the beginning is fact-checkable, though. Did I see him standing in the spawn room? Yes. Just like you being Elvis is fact-checkable. Are you? He’s dead and you’re still talking. Likely, not. If someone is being rude, and you happen to see someone afk and especially ADMIT to it, and further being rude, I’d venture to say forced-dishonor should be applicable. Of course, it’d have to be a 3/4 vote, I’d say, including 1 person not in the player’s “party” outside of the match (otherwise, easily abusable), and with severe abuse penalties, but certainly, people should be able to weed out the kittens.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

It won’t prove that he was AFK, but if you go to a police station and say that you killed someone, the police just won’t kick you out saying “hey man, that’s no proof”. At least they investigate.
At least, there should be an option to report an AFKer! Although I won’t personally report someone who goes AFK in a skyhammer map! :P

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

As long as we’re being smart, you can join a tournament then spend the whole game watching youtube?

You aren’t Away From Keyboard, so there’s no problem, right?

in PvP

Posted by: Pies.7462

Pies.7462

Seeing him at the beginning is fact-checkable, though. Did I see him standing in the spawn room? Yes. Just like you being Elvis is fact-checkable. Are you? He’s dead and you’re still talking. Likely, not. If someone is being rude, and you happen to see someone afk and especially ADMIT to it, and further being rude, I’d venture to say forced-dishonor should be applicable. Of course, it’d have to be a 3/4 vote, I’d say, including 1 person not in the player’s “party” outside of the match (otherwise, easily abusable), and with severe abuse penalties, but certainly, people should be able to weed out the kittens.

I agree with most of what you’ve said, but I don’t think a 3/4 vote would work well. I’d say it would have to come to a sort of judgement system, could be peer reviewed or something. Not too many people in my experience report someone, so while an automated system could be abused by a duo or trio, it could also exclude a lot of cases. Just my 2 cents.

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

Me being Elvis is fact-checkable, but really, really not worth it. Same with AFK players.

Maybe the guy standing in base had an important phone call. Maybe he is typing some epic strategy into team chat. Maybe he’s having a seizure. How do you ascertain these things? Who is the judge? What are the rules/boundaries?

Or maybe that guy has been carrying hard the whole game, grinding out tough 1v2s while the rest of the team 4-man zergs and he’s just had enough. He admits he is going AFK, but who deserves dishonor in that situation? The guy carrying or the four scrubs farming him?

Too many variables and too much overhead to police. There was a report system in GW1, but even when there were blatant AFK players that were called out in team chat, few people bothered reporting and they rarely got punished for it.

EDIT: Although maybe the problem with GW1 report was that if a third or less of your team reports this player, you will also be given 2 dishonor points for issuing an unsupported report.

(edited by entropy.9613)

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Me being Elvis is fact-checkable, but really, really not worth it. Same with AFK players.

Maybe the guy standing in base had an important phone call. Maybe he is typing some epic strategy into team chat. Maybe he’s having a seizure. How do you ascertain these things? Who is the judge? What are the rules/boundaries?

Or maybe that guy has been carrying hard the whole game, grinding out tough 1v2s while the rest of the team 4-man zergs and he’s just had enough. He admits he is going AFK, but who deserves dishonor in that situation? The guy carrying or the four scrubs farming him?

Too many variables and too much overhead to police. There was a report system in GW1, but even when there were blatant AFK players that were called out in team chat, few people bothered reporting and they rarely got punished for it.

EDIT: Although maybe the problem with GW1 report was that if a third or less of your team reports this player, you will also be given 2 dishonor points for issuing an unsupported report.

The reasons don’t matter. If someone was AFK, then they get dishonor points. Doesn’t matter if he was having a seizure or his grandma died. If any of those were true, then getting dishonor points will be the least of his worries. And you don’t get banned immediately either. The system is set up so that you get screwed only if it happens repeatedly. So what’s the problem?