Shoutcasters don't know depth.

in PvP

Posted by: Motoko.2875

Motoko.2875

Shoutcasting depth on a boring and poorly made PvP game.

Good idea!

IGN: Motoko, Motoko Kai, Gladiator Motoko – Zero Quality [zQ], [LaG], [USA]

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Good idea!

Conquest mode is pretty intense, especially when you triple cap the other team when your at 400 and they’re at 460 and they’re down a man or 2 and your holding out strong.

Its only as fun as how good everyone is, obviously some people suck at conquest so they never get any intense in the zone moments so they rage it every second.

in PvP

Posted by: Lunet.8076

Lunet.8076

@Lunet: Where and when can I see more by FilibusterFox? Enjoyed his casting earlier.

He’ll be working more regularly on GW2 activities Sun-Tue over on the TDTV channel including but not limited to: Prize matches, a weekly tournament, scrims, regular casted games and analysis nights which’ll break down the game play while the viewers watch the action in order to brush up on their back and forth skills in matches. The recorded vods of his GW2 casts are up on our youtube channel as well, and you’re free to check those out in-case you missed any matches.

Ultimately mate, if you think it could/should be done better, throw your own hat in the ring.

That’s not exactly easy. I’ve been doing some hot join shoutcasting the last 2-3 weekends and the only chance I have to getting a shot is if tournament organizers invite me or I can get some teams willing to scrim with me shoutcasting to practice real matches. It doesn’t matter if you are better, but whether or not you’re now a “big name” or at least that’s how I feel.

This statement isn’t just directed at you, more as a whole to anyone who happens to come by. If you’re upset with shoutcasting, or want to do better with your own shoutcasting and are interested in getting your feet wet Bas is right, we are hiring and you can contact Tower Dive TV to learn the ins and outs of the tournament and casting industry. We train individuals from all experience levels and have already been approached by a number of guilds and organizations about doing casts for them so there is always work here between that and the 10+ events that’ll now happen every week on the channel with the opening of the GW2 branch.

You can contact me directly over at LunetTheHerald@Towerdive.tv if you have any questions. And yes, I am shamelessly plugging my org here!

in PvP

Posted by: FilibusterFox.8921

FilibusterFox.8921

@Lunet: Where and when can I see more by FilibusterFox? Enjoyed his casting earlier.

Hey, thanks!

I actually didn’t cast that much since the SOAC Professions tournament since I got some eye surgery done, and then spent most of my time learning more about the game – my game knowledge was a huge gap when I cast that tournament.

We’re ramping up for our tournament on the 9th. Once that’s started up, you’ll see me and others streaming more regularly. Most of my time until then is spent learning more about GW2 PvP and teaching new casters techniques.

I’m going to try and get some more content going for you guys here in the next week or two.

FF

in PvP

Posted by: Epistemic.8013

Epistemic.8013

Honestly one of the biggest problems with watching tournaments atm for me are all the kitten tiny asuras. The same thing that makes them stupid for pvp, that their animations are hard to see, makes them stupid for viewing. When the angle is looking from above in a team fight it’s just a lot harder to see what’s happening with all the tiny people with tiny animations that often just get lost in all the AOE spell effects. If the models were larger and with longer arms/larger weapons (basically, not asuras) the animations would be a lot easier to see on the stream and the fights would look better. I don’t know what possessed Anet to add in a tiny race to a game they wanted to have serious pvp, or why they haven’t fixed it yet being that it’s not that hard.

Agree with this too. Maybe for future tourneys they could require humans only or something. No Odd Job, guys.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

or scale up asura height like SAB imo

in PvP

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

sorry, there is no depth in this game. it’s capture points. there will be depth if GvG is implemented. Until then, no.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

in PvP

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

sorry, there is no depth in this game. it’s capture points. there will be depth if GvG is implemented. Until then, no.

I guess that’s why you have been such a great shoutcaster, and are able to tell us all about the gameplay in five minutes. Your contributions to this game are noted. Thank you for contributing.

in PvP

Pray For Kosmos.5849

you seemed to of missed the point. thats ok.

in PvP

Posted by: Follidus.8027

Follidus.8027

Good idea!

Calling a game boring with no depth without ever playing it at a high level.

Good idea!

Cause I ain’t perfect, I never said I was.
But now they’re hating cause a brotha finally got some buzz
www.twitch.tv/Follidus – Team Absolute Legends

in PvP

Pray For Kosmos.5849

im sorry dude you’re not high level. we cannot conclude that alliance battle type of gameplay has depth.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

im sorry dude you’re not high level. we cannot conclude that alliance battle type of gameplay has depth.

Tell me more about how this game has no depth without ever played it competitive.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Pray For Kosmos.5849

i’ll wait for you to answer your own question.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

i’ll wait for you to answer your own question.

I’ve been playing competitive pretty long now. But instead of telling you things nobody cares about, how would it be if you explain WHY this game has no depth for you.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: papaganoosh.7908

papaganoosh.7908

I will suggest that in further cooperative tournaments that they pick clearly defined roles. Grouch is a play by play man, and Blu should do color. Grouch’s indepth knowledge and ability to call out exactly what was happening was often interrupted by BLu trying to do the same thing. CLearly defined roles will help in the future.

I think this needs to be held up as the best post on this thread. When you look at professional sports commentary there is always one person describing what is going on and the other adding support commentary (stats etc).

A lot of the problems that people have mentioned could be smoothed out by each of the two commentators taking the clearly defined roles mentioned above.

Play by Play – (Grouch or anyone else) Just focus on the action in front of him on the screen. Control the feed display and tell the people what is going on.

Support – This guy (whether it is Blu or Tehmaker or someone else) needs to be the guy who knows the builds, the team comp, synergies etc back to front. He needs to be able to tell you why someone is doing something. The main role also is that they need to be watching a totally different screen away from the action. Constantly checking the mini map so that they can (if need be) interupt the Play by Play commentator and say something like “We need to switch over to Xeph now he seems to be dropping a portal at Lord and TP are going for the win.” etc etc

It might seem counter intuitive for one of the Commentators to be almost ignoring the action at some points, but it will help the general pace of everything and stop anyone missing amazing moves. If the tactic is good enough to fool the opponent you have to bet it is good enough to fool the commentators unless one of them is focusing entirely upon that!

in PvP

Pray For Kosmos.5849

the main problem is that capture points is simply uninteresting and lacks appeal. we have been downgraded to “call of guilds: southsun ops.” it’s a huge problem, and is not debatable. the gw2 spvp community is small for a reason. there is nothing wrong with the combat. although, there is also a risk that any future game modes are pigeon-holed by the fast-paced combat of GW2, and lack of healers (which i don’t like anyways). we need something more tactical, something that isn’t about individual skill, something where your team matters, something epic…

in PvP

Posted by: ltkAlpha.4136

ltkAlpha.4136

I watched an hour or so recently (was it this Sat? I had a long weekend and it all kinda blurs together, to be honest), so I know what the OP means. I definitely expected more from the commentary. I haven’t PvPed in GW2 yet and I had taken a long leave from the game, so I wanted to see how things are in terms of builds, profs being used (apparently rangers are useful these days), tactics, etc. There wasn’t much of that at all, at least while I was watching.

Given that GW2 is very confusing to the uninitiated (team fights especially are a visual soup of effects and jumping figures that I can’t even begin to decipher despite having spent 500 hrs playing the game) the casters have to compensate, so they will have to be effin amazing.

At the same time I understand that these are first steps for most of the people involved, so I’m willing to be patient. I’m worried however that the format may turn out to be inherently problematic (as Blu himself admitted), as the action is split between locations and some plays may be too fast to be spotted. Time will tell, I guess.

(edited by ltkAlpha.4136)

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

I watched an hour or so recently (was it this Sat? I had a long weekend and it all kinda blurs together, to be honest), so I know what the OP means. I definitely expected more from the commentary. I haven’t PvPed in GW2 yet and I had taken a long leave from the game, so I wanted to see how things are in terms of builds, profs being used (apparently rangers are useful these days), tactics, etc. There wasn’t much of that at all, at least while I was watching.

Given that GW2 is very confusing to the uninitiated (team fights especially are a visual soup of effects and jumping figures that I can’t even begin to decipher despite having spent 500 hrs playing the game) the casters have to compensate, so they will have to be effin amazing.

At the same time I understand that these are first steps for most of the people involved, so I’m willing to be patient. I’m worried however that the format may turn out to be inherently problematic (as Blu himself admitted), as the action is split between locations and some plays may be too fast to be spotted. Time will tell, I guess.

I think they should have a click-able option to show the last 5 moves a character does so if something of note pops up, you can easily switch your camera or a map indication of where battles are going if you toggle it on.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I think they should have a click-able option to show the last 5 moves a character does so if something of note pops up, you can easily switch your camera or a map indication of where battles are going if you toggle it on.

that’s a great suggestion
maybe in 2023 we will see guild wars 4 with this feature

in PvP

Motoko.2875

Good idea!

Good idea!

1. This game is boring with no depth.
2. There is no high level PvP in this game. Your notion of “high level” is relative. The PvP community is very small in GW2 – High level does not exist.
3. I’ve played at a higher level in PvP than you can fathom.
4. Seeing the small PvP community squirm when the majority opinion gets pointed out is a very entertaining thing to watch.

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

Good idea!

Good idea!

2. There is no high level PvP in this game. Your notion of “high level” is relative. The PvP community is very small in GW2 – High level does not exist.
4. Seeing the small PvP community squirm when the majority opinion gets pointed out is a very entertaining thing to watch.

1. You have no depth! Jk, but seriously, it has more depth than you realize, you just haven’t found it yet.
2. I think his Folly’s notion of high level is pretty accurate. It doesn’t matter how big or small, the gap between great players and beginner players is huge and that says something.
3. You must be joking right? When did team zZz recruit you?
4. We aren’t squirming, we just don’t appreciate unconstructive feedback. I am impressed at your tenacity to come and post something pointless just for the sake of posting. Hope you find a new hobby.

in PvP

Posted by: ltkAlpha.4136

ltkAlpha.4136

Good idea. I can also imagine being able to view the bar of the person you’re following (not sure if we have that now) and having a visual elements to the side that show the people in proximity of each important point, so if to people are battling each other over a cap point for 5 minutes you’ll now that’s happening no matter where on the map the action is (lol, just read the 2nd part of your post; great minds… ^^)

in PvP

Bas.7406

1. The major e-sports type games are ridiculously boring. COD- wander around and get one shot repeatedly even at the pro levels this happens. If you think MOBA’s are the height of excitement than you need to go outside and see what real sports are like. It’s all subjective to the person watching. What you may find boring is not what other people find boring. I think personal streaming by any player is mind numbingly boring regardless of the player or game. Tournaments, scrims, and shows I understand, but the rest is so boring it boggles the mind why people watch it.

2. This is correct, but that has more to do with the fact that the large majority of very competitive players left and are just now starting to filter back in. SOAC, ZZZ, and whatever Gibbly’s team’s name is probably 95 percent of the top talent in the game currently, but that will change. PZ is good if they ever have a consistent team that isn’t just a combination of players on other teams.

3. Comments like this remind me of high schoolers who claim to be involved or tested every woman on the market. Great players and guys with a wealth of high level pvp rarely come on the forums to complain at the level you do. Most are too busy doing things.

4. I am glad you represent the majority because it’s amazing the sheer volume of people who agree with you. Oh wait, it’s the 3 guys who continuously post because the game isn’t the way you like it. Look go back to whatever game you came from since you hate GW2 so much, and leave the game to those who do enjoy it.

Conquest is just as enjoyable to watch and is more related to MMO’s than the standard Moba format, and infinitely more enjoyable to watch than anything Halo or COD puts out.

Being the loudest guys who posts the most angry rants does not make you in the Majority. I would recommend branching your circle of majority to include people not in your guild or rolodex, of course than you might be wrong, and that might cause your whole world to come crashing down. It’s okay though when you recover from the shock we will be here to help you.

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

Yea there is depth in a game where the same 4 teams are in the semi finals every tournament.

This thread is like a bunch of beer league softball players telling everyone they would a made the pros if they didn’t get hurt.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

Yea there is depth in a game where the same 4 teams are in the semi finals every tournament.

This thread is like a bunch of beer league softball players telling everyone they would a made the pros if they didn’t get hurt.

You sound like a member of PETA who likes to complain about pointless things and make a big deal about everything lol.

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

You sound like a member of PETA who likes to complain about pointless things and make a big deal about everything lol.

This whole thread and notion of esports with a tiny amount of actual competitive teams is pointless you are correct. Still funny though.

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

This whole thread and notion of esports with a tiny amount of actual competitive teams is pointless you are correct. Still funny though.

Thanks for the free bumps!

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

The depth of this game is as much as you want it to be. You can take it at face value like most people do and just play the numbers game. Or you can go further and send the right class to a position. Or you can go even further to push a position in order to open up a later more important push somewhere else.

Its like the nba. You could say there is no depth, your just aiming for the basket. But then at each progressively higher level you will see more things to it then that. Matchups, plays, rotations, etc.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

1. You have no depth! Jk, but seriously, it has more depth than you realize, you just haven’t found it yet.
2. I think his Folly’s notion of high level is pretty accurate. It doesn’t matter how big or small, the gap between great players and beginner players is huge and that says something.
4. We aren’t squirming, we just don’t appreciate unconstructive feedback. I am impressed at your tenacity to come and post something pointless just for the sake of posting. Hope you find a new hobby.

Talking of hidden potential… 9 months in, when every esports team has already left is a lil naive… and allot to bank on… if it isn’t ‘found’ then the game utterly flops.
Yes there is a gap between great players and beginners… if there wasn’t the game would be about as deep as flipping a coin.
You guys totally do squirm though.

People posted dozens of more pointless things in this thread, yet you don’t seem to care, because they aren’t conflicting with your opinion.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

Talking of hidden potential… 9 months in, when every esports team has already left is a lil naive…
Yes there is a gap between great players and beginners… if there wasn’t the game would be about as deep as flipping a coin.
You guys totally do squirm though.

People posted dozens of more pointless things in this thread, yet you don’t seem to care, because they aren’t conflicting with your opinion.

I never said anything about hidden potential—I am talking about depth. The level pro teams play at is much higher than people who just start out. If you were to measure that gap and called it depth, you have great depth. I mean, to each his own opinion. I just don’t appreciate you nor anyone else trying to call people out for trying to make this game into something better in their own threads. I am not going to all the threads you post in to just to say “NO, THIS GAME IS FINE THE WAY IT IS”. You can say whatever you want in your own thread and I won’t mind. So please, I don’t want to argue with you now. If you have nothing to say about caster improvement, carry on.

in PvP

Posted by: Alustriel.6802

Alustriel.6802

100% Agree with K Pop.
and about leaving teams, they are leaving not beacuse this game is simple but cause developers are failing with some stuff.

Zombie Addict – Necromancer

Might makes me Right!

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

The depth of this game is as much as you want it to be. You can take it at face value like most people do and just play the numbers game. Or you can go further and send the right class to a position. Or you can go even further to push a position in order to open up a later more important push somewhere else.

Its like the nba. You could say there is no depth, your just aiming for the basket. But then at each progressively higher level you will see more things to it then that. Matchups, plays, rotations, etc.

i wouldnt compare a 9 month old computer game with about 10 competitive teams to a professional sport. Maybe you could compare it to tic tac toe or connect 4.

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

i wouldnt compare a 9 month old computer game with about 10 competitive teams to a professional sport. Maybe you could compare it to tic tac toe or connect 4.

http://howmanyarethere.net/how-many-nba-teams-are-there/ Fact. Only 20 teams away from being equal to the NBA.

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

http://howmanyarethere.net/how-many-nba-teams-are-there/ Fact. Only 20 teams away from being equal to the NBA.

1/10 for troll

in PvP

Motoko.2875

1. Can not find something that does not exist. If it does exist, it is too boring to care to learn about its existence.
3. LOL. zZz is considered high level PvP? High level PvP/Competition does not exist in this game. Get that out of your head. Anyone truly competitive and aware of eSports ditched this game a long time ago.
4. It isn’t unconstructive – It disagrees with your opinion – And that is what makes you squirm and post your little responses. It has been less than a year and GW2 PvP is already on life support. Hope you find a new pretend eSport.

3. Comments like this remind me of high schoolers who claim to be involved or tested every woman on the market. Great players and guys with a wealth of high level pvp rarely come on the forums to complain at the level you do. Most are too busy doing things.

I’m bored at work. So no, not really busy.

4. I am glad you represent the majority because it’s amazing the sheer volume of people who agree with you. Oh wait, it’s the 3 guys who continuously post because the game isn’t the way you like it. Look go back to whatever game you came from since you hate GW2 so much, and leave the game to those who do enjoy it.

Conquest is just as enjoyable to watch and is more related to MMO’s than the standard Moba format, and infinitely more enjoyable to watch than anything Halo or COD puts out.

Being the loudest guys who posts the most angry rants does not make you in the Majority. I would recommend branching your circle of majority to include people not in your guild or rolodex, of course than you might be wrong, and that might cause your whole world to come crashing down. It’s okay though when you recover from the shock we will be here to help you.

Yes, because every person who agrees (aka the majority) with the posts of those “3 people” still posts on a game that they quit playing while ultimately being let down long ago. Instead of being bitter and upset that you represent the minority, how about accepting our input and moving on with your life? There are plenty of people who accept the fact that this game has miserably failed. There are few of us who visit this forum and post that side of the argument. Can you blame the others who don’t? Look at the result of it so far.

I realize I struck a nerve with you. I highly suggest you take time to branch out and do some research on opinions and general information on GW2. Sitting on GW2 and playing with the other 18 active players isn’t really helping you a whole lot in that regard. When you are done kicking and screaming, let me know, there are plenty of people who are familiar with good games who can help you out.

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

1/10 for troll

I think you are the troll, seriously just going to every thread you can think of to post your broken heart feelings. Can you just find a new game to terrorize? Or maybe go become a developer and show Anet up since you think you can do much better.

in PvP

Sprawl.3891

1/10 for troll

I think you are the troll, seriously just going to every thread you can think of to post your broken heart feelings. Can you just find a new game to terrorize? Or maybe go become a developer and show Anet up since you think you can do much better.

Anet already did better, it’s called GW1, but they decided to cater too much to PvE with this game and continue to push esports while leaving one of the worst pvp experiences in an mmo to date for causals.

And I don’t think I need to be a developer to explain how solo queue was more important than custom servers and observer mode especially when 90% of the people who were asking for those features have long since quit and aren’t coming back.

But hey lets cater to the 10 teams who actually think gw2 will succeed as an esport and ignore the casuals. And lets host tournaments where we only invite the teams that will get viewers and then sprinkle in a few crap teams to make sure the top teams make the semis and finals.

solo queue sucks? match making admittedly broken? 5v4 still happens? 4 K VIEWS ON TWITCH GAIZ! oooh and a patch full of observer mode tweaks! and lets not forget the guy who is 13-0 and ranked #8 after beating 1 top 50 team, 7 top 500 teams and 5 pugs.

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

or scale up asura height like SAB imo

Tbh that would be amazing..As i roll asuras for the sake of rolling asuras i loved that in SAB i could the details of my char and his weapons/armor

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

1. Can not find something that does not exist. If it does exist, it is too boring to care to learn about its existence.
3. LOL. zZz is considered high level PvP? High level PvP/Competition does not exist in this game. Get that out of your head. Anyone truly competitive and aware of eSports ditched this game a long time ago.
4. It isn’t unconstructive – It disagrees with your opinion – And that is what makes you squirm and post your little responses. It has been less than a year and GW2 PvP is already on life support. Hope you find a new pretend eSport.

I’m bored at work. So no, not really busy.

Yes, because every person who agrees (aka the majority) with the posts of those “3 people” still posts on a game that they quit playing while ultimately being let down long ago. Instead of being bitter and upset that you represent the minority, how about accepting our input and moving on with your life? There are plenty of people who accept the fact that this game has miserably failed. There are few of us who visit this forum and post that side of the argument. Can you blame the others who don’t? Look at the result of it so far.

I realize I struck a nerve with you. I highly suggest you take time to branch out and do some research on opinions and general information on GW2. Sitting on GW2 and playing with the other 18 active players isn’t really helping you a whole lot in that regard. When you are done kicking and screaming, let me know, there are plenty of people who are familiar with good games who can help you out.

Pretty sure the GW2Esports Guild outnumbers all the frequent posters who roam gw2 forums for whatever reasons to post very general information that does nothing for the pvp community. Alright, I get it, you guys hate GW2 PvP. Alright, you guys have bunches of friends who quit. Alright, you guys don’t want anyone who plays to have hope. Alright, you want Anet to magically change over night. Alright, you may want us to all quit and just say everything sucks. Alright, you want us to join the bandwagon of you nah-sayers. Alright, you know everything. All hail Motoko for granting us with his superb prescence because he’s bored at work.

What is your purpose? I have no idea what in kitten’s name anyone’s goal is to shut people down for trying. Just because we make an effort to make something, doesn’t mean Anet is going to be like “Hey, we don’t need to spend time on PvP anymore”. How about you stop being a nobody posting on forums and actually write a good post about changing something? How about you go get a real life and make friends to be happy with than be really sour on forums that you don’t really care too much about.

Let’s just make you the ArenaNet President because obviously you know how the STOG is. Kitten that, if you could even score 100 points against any of the top teams, I’ll give you a pat on the back. Trash like you should just get your internet freedom removed because you abuse your anonymity to say spiteful things just because they don’t go your way.

in PvP

Bas.7406

haha, I seriously love your self-inflated opinions haha. I know many of the gamers who quit for a variety of reasons, and I still keep in contact with many of them.

Why don’t you show us some of your epic background that makes you an expert on the subject of all things esports? In fact, I would love to see the level of gameplay that makes you the expert for the majority that thinks GW2 is such a failed product.

Everyone knows WoW’s pvp is brutal, and yet millions play the game, i would say they have not failed, and GW2 is infinitely better than that game. Your perspective on what is and isn’t exciting is based on your own misperception as to what is valid. Do you own a company that sponsor and promotes Esports and therefore makes your opinion something of an educated opinion? Or are you simply a self-inflated streamer who somehow think he knows everything about every game? Do you have a highly popular and educated show that people genuinely watch outside of GW2 that makes you an educated opinion?

Or are yousimply a failed bitter player who has no desire to let go of anything that he either wasn’t very good at (Most likely) or is upset that no one listened to what he feels would make this game better? I am sure that you believe you speak for the majority, and it maybe that currently Guild Wars 2 is not looked on favorably, but that doesn’t change what we are doing.

We are still a growing burgeoning community that has decided to take the slow measured approach. Not one person is saying this game right now is ready to be on lol, starcraft, or CoD level. We haven’t even said we are ready for wow levels. What we are saying is the game is better than you think, the players are better than you, and we are building a foundation so that sometime in the future we can make a step into the esports realm. Is there a future here? Yes, because if Dota can be successful, than any game can be successful.

Plus if people like you still come on and troll boards to get yourself heard than the game is doing something right.

in PvP

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

Excuse me by all means, but why exactly are you here then? Sitting on the forums of a “failgame”, bashing it. Do you have nothing better to do with your life?
You know that you can uninstall Guild Wars 2 anytime, right? Check it in the User Control Panel. Do you feel like you have been robbed of your money or something? Try and get a refund.
Be careful not to shut the door too forcefully when you close it behind you. Good luck with your future “higher level in PvP than we can fathom”.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

1/10 for troll

Anet already did better, it’s called GW1, but they decided to cater too much to PvE with this game and continue to push esports while leaving one of the worst pvp experiences in an mmo to date for causals.

And I don’t think I need to be a developer to explain how solo queue was more important than custom servers and observer mode especially when 90% of the people who were asking for those features have long since quit and aren’t coming back.

But hey lets cater to the 10 teams who actually think gw2 will succeed as an esport and ignore the casuals. And lets host tournaments where we only invite the teams that will get viewers and then sprinkle in a few crap teams to make sure the top teams make the semis and finals.

solo queue sucks? match making admittedly broken? 5v4 still happens? 4 K VIEWS ON TWITCH GAIZ! oooh and a patch full of observer mode tweaks! and lets not forget the guy who is 13-0 and ranked #8 after beating 1 top 50 team, 7 top 500 teams and 5 pugs.

Sounds like you don’t know how to walk in someone else’s shoes. Yeah, just keep your narrow lenses on, you entitled forum goer who knows nothing about what it takes to run a company. Has Anet even said ‘Solo-Q is for noobs, we aren’t going to give you it’—It takes time, and they have priorities. Some people want to take the future of the game in their own hands while we wait for improvements. But yeah, sit on your computer, eat some twinkies and kitten on. I can afford it because I’m pretty sure I’m more productive than you.

in PvP

Motoko.2875

Pretty sure the GW2Esports Guild outnumbers all the frequent posters who roam gw2 forums for whatever reasons to post very general information that does nothing for the pvp community. Alright, I get it, you guys hate GW2 PvP. Alright, you guys have bunches of friends who quit. Alright, you guys don’t want anyone who plays to have hope. Alright, you want Anet to magically change over night. Alright, you may want us to all quit and just say everything sucks. Alright, you want us to join the bandwagon of you nah-sayers. Alright, you know everything. All hail Motoko for granting us with his superb prescence because he’s bored at work.

I do what I can.

What is your purpose? I have no idea what in kitten’s name anyone’s goal is to shut people down for trying. Just because we make an effort to make something, doesn’t mean Anet is going to be like “Hey, we don’t need to spend time on PvP anymore”. How about you stop being a nobody posting on forums and actually write a good post about changing something? How about you go get a real life and make friends to be happy with than be really sour on forums that you don’t really care too much about.

A nobody? Haha. I have no intention being anything like you bud. The only thing “zzz” means to me is it is the only thing I type on this game before logging off. God forbid someone such as myself can excel at a video game hobby AND have a successful real life.

Hard to fathom right? And guess what? Real life has more than 10 teams to compete against. :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

Let’s just make you the ArenaNet President because obviously you know how the STOG is. Kitten that, if you could even score 100 points against any of the top teams, I’ll give you a pat on the back. Trash like you should just get your internet freedom removed because you abuse your anonymity to say spiteful things just because they don’t go your way.

Really. You are asking me to score 100 points against a top team? Do you even understand the game you play? Where in any part of GW2 PvP does that request make sense? Who are my other 4 teammates? How are the 100 points I score calculated? Can you ensure that I will actually enjoy this god awful game while I play? And please invent an incentive for me to even learn this game to beat… what… 10 teams? I feel so sad for you if that is your motivation. I really wish my life was as boring and lackluster as yours that beating 10 teams in a dead PvP portion of a game gave me excitement.

Thankfully you aren’t in charge. You’d just silence anyone who disagreed with your clueless input.

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

I do what I can.

A nobody? Haha. I have no intention being anything like you bud. The only thing “zzz” means to me is it is the only thing I type on this game before logging off. God forbid someone such as myself can excel at a video game hobby AND have a successful real life.

Hard to fathom right? And guess what? Real life has more than 10 teams to compete against. :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

Really. You are asking me to score 100 points against a top team? Do you even understand the game you play? Where in any part of GW2 PvP does that request make sense? Who are my other 4 teammates? How are the 100 points I score calculated? Can you ensure that I will actually enjoy this god awful game while I play? And please invent an incentive for me to even learn this game to beat… what… 10 teams? I feel so sad for you if that is your motivation. I really wish my life was as boring and lackluster as yours that beating 10 teams in a dead PvP portion of a game gave me excitement.

Thankfully you aren’t in charge. You’d just silence anyone who disagreed with your clueless input.

Then zzz away, I’m sorry you can’t make friends to play with. Have fun with your super awesome real life, when I’m pretty sure I’m younger and making more cash than you. Thankfully you aren’t known in real life because you seem like kitten that no one would like : )

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

I never said anything about hidden potential—I am talking about depth. The level pro teams play at is much higher than people who just start out. If you were to measure that gap and called it depth, you have great depth. I mean, to each his own opinion. I just don’t appreciate you nor anyone else trying to call people out for trying to make this game into something better in their own threads. I am not going to all the threads you post in to just to say “NO, THIS GAME IS FINE THE WAY IT IS”. You can say whatever you want in your own thread and I won’t mind. So please, I don’t want to argue with you now. If you have nothing to say about caster improvement, carry on.

Pro teams all left this game, so its not really possible to measure.
You can make life a lil more comfortable for the fraction of the population that enjoys GW2 at the moment, but THAT IS IN NO WAY in GW2’s best interests… only yours.

I don’t think you’ve ever defended your point about depth in the game?
So not saying ‘I don’t want to waste my time again and again’ is a lie?
You posted once in my thread nicely typing out your perspective, I typed out tons of politely toned stuff for you, you never responded.

So its tough to take what you just wrote seriously…
:’(

in PvP

Motoko.2875

haha, I seriously love your self-inflated opinions haha. I know many of the gamers who quit for a variety of reasons, and I still keep in contact with many of them.

Why don’t you show us some of your epic background that makes you an expert on the subject of all things esports? In fact, I would love to see the level of gameplay that makes you the expert for the majority that thinks GW2 is such a failed product.

Everyone knows WoW’s pvp is brutal, and yet millions play the game, i would say they have not failed, and GW2 is infinitely better than that game. Your perspective on what is and isn’t exciting is based on your own misperception as to what is valid. Do you own a company that sponsor and promotes Esports and therefore makes your opinion something of an educated opinion? Or are you simply a self-inflated streamer who somehow think he knows everything about every game? Do you have a highly popular and educated show that people genuinely watch outside of GW2 that makes you an educated opinion?

The irony in your response is so glaring I am almost disappointed that you don’t see it yourself. When you meet all of the qualifications of what you just described – We can proceed with your silly input.

Or are yousimply a failed bitter player who has no desire to let go of anything that he either wasn’t very good at (Most likely) or is upset that no one listened to what he feels would make this game better? I am sure that you believe you speak for the majority, and it maybe that currently Guild Wars 2 is not looked on favorably, but that doesn’t change what we are doing.

Failed bitter player? Haha. You should consider writing some fiction novels. The junk you come up with is really out there. I am sure there are some crazies out there that might be interested in what you are making up in your head to try and validate situations.

We are still a growing burgeoning community that has decided to take the slow measured approach. Not one person is saying this game right now is ready to be on lol, starcraft, or CoD level. We haven’t even said we are ready for wow levels. What we are saying is the game is better than you think, the players are better than you, and we are building a foundation so that sometime in the future we can make a step into the esports realm. Is there a future here? Yes, because if Dota can be successful, than any game can be successful.

Plus if people like you still come on and troll boards to get yourself heard than the game is doing something right.

You say the game is better, but yet, the game’s predecessor still has more active PvP and more enjoyable PvP than GW2.
You say the players are better than me, but I don’t play this game, and no one highly skilled plays this game. And the players you consider “skilled” have no one competitive to measure that “skill” against.

It isn’t our job to build that foundation. It is Anet’s job to do that. If you think the current efforts we have seen are indication that a future is here, you are preparing yourself for a major let down. (sadly years after anyone remotely intelligent was let down)

I wouldn’t have to partake in threads like this if the game did anything right.

in PvP

Bas.7406

Except GW1 was hated by a large majority of the pvp and mmorpg community as an overcomplicated mess of a game. I can point to a larger portion of people who genuinely though that GW1’s overpowered specs, hilarious monk builds, ridiculously complicated fighting style, and time consuming fights was a main reason for it’s inability to attract the casual fan.

The casual fan is a huge part of the gaming industry. If you can’t attract the casual fan, you will never be big enough to play it. The fact that there are a very very small amount of people who feel GW1 pvp was better than GW2 pvp is evidence that the game was never as great as you think it was.

GW2 pvp is a simpler system which in the end makes it a better system. The problem with GW2 PvP at the beginning is something that has been noted several times, and is not worth repeating. Your inability to see progress that has nothing to do with GW1 is unfortunately not something anyone can help you with, and you will forever be saddened. I played BC and Vanilla wow, and there are some days I think that it was the pinnacle of gaming in terms of pvp and pve, and then I watch an old video of the game or listen to some of the old podcasts, and I realize it’s just memories of the good times that make me assume that it was the best.

Unfortunately your perception is stuck on this perception that everyone agrees with you. Hopefully we can convince you shortly that you are misguided in your hatred.

in PvP

Posted by: Paradoxine.8192

Paradoxine.8192

You know, I’ve always thought that the level of discussion on here was pretty bad, but now you guys aren’t even trying. You’re openly kitten flinging at each other, all jostling trying to get the high ground and all desperately trying to appear superior. That’s why you guys keep relentlessly attacking the ‘skill’ of someone who doesn’t agree with you.

Kitten that, if you could even score 100 points against any of the top teams, I’ll give you a pat on the back. Trash like you should just get your internet freedom removed because you abuse your anonymity to say spiteful things just because they don’t go your way.

This had to be the crowning piece.

If the moderators are really going to ignore stuff like this then they might as well just shut down this forum.

in PvP

Bas.7406

but I don’t play this game.

This is the only part that matters, and now it’s evident that why you have no clue. If you would have started with this, I wouldn’t have bothered reading anything else you wrote.

Thank you for giving us all an excuse to put you on ignore. Whew, for a second there I thought you had an educated opinion.

in PvP

Motoko.2875

Then zzz away, I’m sorry you can’t make friends to play with. Have fun with your super awesome real life, when I’m pretty sure I’m younger and making more cash than you. Thankfully you aren’t known in real life because you seem like kitten that no one would like : )

I remember when I was 14. I made posts like you do.

Just make sure you behave, I’d hate for mommy and daddy to stop giving you an allowance and take all that “cash” away from you.

I hit several nerves with you. It is nice to know you can’t have a solid conversation without having to throw in insults and jabs – I guess that is a good representation of the “top” competitive teams left in this game.

Try to not make it so easy to pick you apart next time