Show LB rank of people here when they post

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

Plz Anet,
show PvP rank (Both SoloQ And TeamQ in leaderboard) of people and their region here when they post.

Why? I do not want to get persuaded by any1 on the street. probly you do same so if you are on street.

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

If people are talking about TPVP, check them up at leaderboard.
If you can’t find them, chances are they’re noob.
If you do find them, check how many games they played and win rate.

in PvP

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

Why not win/loss record? That’s all that matters

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Until we get something decent like ladders and seasons, none of it matters.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

No point seen as afking and playing 1 game every week is the way to win at solo queue leaderboard, and team queue leaderboard is also full of afkers.

So nope, sadly not.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Because ranks:

• Make you smarter than anyone else
  • Are an indicator for player experience
  • Makes you entitled to make biased claims and ignore everyone who is lower ranked
  • Gives you knowledge about balancing
  • And makes you better than anyone below you – those lowlife peasants…

I speak for trees bro and they say make a leaf…

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Because ranks:

• Makes you entitled to make biased claims and ignore everyone who is lower ranked

Player GoogleBrandon.5073 [Brandon The Hammah]
Wins 889
Loses 811
Win percent 52.29%
Highest rank 330
Current rank 9000

[SoF]

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Player GoogleBrandon.5073 [Brandon The Hammah]
Wins 889
Loses 811
Win percent 52.29%
Highest rank 330
Current rank 9000

Yep – this means that everyone who was higher than me is entitled to ignore me because honestly, what do I know about the game?

I should just go back to hugging walls <3

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

I love this idea

Highes team q 1, current 2
Highest solo 5, current 29

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Rank means nothing, never has, and at this rate, never will.

Why exactly do YOU care what other people’s ranks are in the first place?

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: supvil.3470

supvil.3470

I love this idea

Thats on the US boards, which is on par with like what…rank 300-400 at best on eu? Oo

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

I love this idea

Thats on the US boards, which is on par with like what…rank 300-400 at best on eu? Oo

Hate to say it but EU isn’t filled to the brim with spectacular players that just magically make all NA players seem like quadriplegics.

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

The last thing this forum needs is more reason to abuse the Argument from Authority logical fallacy when discussing balance. All this will do is let people use their rank to invalidate other people’s arguments regardless of the quality of the argument presented.

Just having a high rank does not automatically guarantee that your opinion on class balance is more sound than someone with a lower rank. It doesn’t even guarantee you have a superior level of knowledge of the game’s mechanics. It certainly doesn’t qualify you to make decisions regarding balance in a video game. Being skilled at playing a game is not a qualification to be on the balance team.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Because ranks:

completely agree with this, +1

in PvP

Ehecatl.9172

You actually can tell a lot from rank. If someone can’t remain around top 250 in solo or team queue consistently, it’s safe to assume he or she is awful. Whenever I get people in my games that are rank 500 or worse, I honestly feel like I’m taking a shotgun to a petting zoo.

You can tell skill from rank. You cannot tell intelligence, knowledge of the game’s mechanics, or experience with the game from it. One’s skill at the game has very little to do with whether or not they can provide proper criticism of the game’s balance or ability to give advice on builds and mechanics. You can be very knowledgeable and still not have the reflexes or the high end computer necessary to perform at the highest levels of skilled play. I myself for example have to deal with satellite internet, so I avoid TPVP for the most part. That doesn’t automatically invalidate what I have to say.

It also only sums up one’s skill in SPVP specifically and doesn’t factor in experience in WvWvW or in the PVE aspect of the game, both of which do need some attention concerning balance decisions as well.

This change would do nothing but foster an elitist mentality and condemn anyone who doesn’t regularly do TPVP, causing the forum community to become even more hostile than it already is.

in PvP

Posted by: SerratedOcean.7398

SerratedOcean.7398

Rank = experience, experience = more creditability, akin to a resume, thus you’re likely to know what you are talking about. Low rank lacks experience, higher ranks comments does not invalidate other low ranks comments, I think it filters out baseless comments and trolls that this forum has, if any comes up with a logical sound argument I don’t think it would invalidate it at all…over all rank shows experience.

in PvP

Aomine.5012

Rank means nothing, never has, and at this rate, never will.

Why exactly do YOU care what other people’s ranks are in the first place?

It is NOT HARD to be on TPVP leader board if you play a decent amount of games already because the population of NA TPVP is really VERY VERY SMALL.
If a person can’t even be on that easy to enter leader board, and then start talking about TPVP balance, what’s op and what’s not, etc, chances are their view point have 0 validity and they don’t know what they’re talking about.

If they’re are on that easy-to-enter leader board, you then can check the number of games they actually played. If they have a 55%+ win rate and play a large amount of games already, they are very likely speaking truth of the current PVP situation.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Thank god i don’t have an ego..
But how pityfull you have to be to suggest something like this.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Thank god i don’t have an ego..
But how pityfull you have to be to suggest something like this.

2nd post I will agree with in this topic, plz look up my stats for debate,

in PvP

Ehecatl.9172

Rank = experience, experience = more creditability, akin to a resume, thus you’re likely to know what you are talking about. Low rank lacks experience, higher ranks comments does not invalidate other low ranks comments, I think it filters out baseless comments and trolls that this forum has, if any comes up with a logical sound argument I don’t think it would invalidate it at all…over all rank shows experience.

That all sounds good on paper, but you know as well as I do that it isn’t how such a tool would be used.

The ignorant players who happen to have a high rank will simply tell anyone with a lower rank to shove off with their thoughts. People will use it as a weapon to invalidate other commenters regardless of the quality of their proposition or advice simply to feel superior and “win” the argument at hand. It’s human nature, sadly. People on the internet especially argue mostly to win the argument, and will use anything they can to discredit the other participants in the discussion who disagree with them.

Effectively it would downgrade all discussion of game balance to:

“GTFO YOU LOW RANK PIECE OF NOOB TITS!!!!! U DON’T KNOW YOUR KITTEN”

in PvP

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

As soon as someone mentions leaderboard ranking or win/loss ratio, personally I disregard their opinion as to me it shows that they themselves have very little understanding.

Things like the class you play, how frequently you’ve been in a team and as others have mentioned how often you play – as playing less is actually beneficial to your leaderboard rank.

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

in PvP

Aomine.5012

As soon as someone mentions leaderboard ranking or win/loss ratio, personally I disregard their opinion as to me it shows that they themselves have very little understanding.

Things like the class you play, how frequently you’ve been in a team and as others have mentioned how often you play – as playing less is actually beneficial to your leaderboard rank.

So tell me, how can you build up the number of games you played if you play less?
If the number of plays is large, and still on top 100 of the leaderboard, (TPVP is more accuracte than SPVP) it shows that the guys really has the experience to elaborate what he thought of balance and classes.

People can keep defending the lowbies, but I don’t give a kitten about it since they don’t even have the experience at the first place. All they do is speculating stuffs, thinking whichever class kills them/ wins them is the op classes.

Like I said, the population of the TPVP leaderboard is super scarce that it is not possible to not get in if you play regularly and win more than 51% of the time, so stop making excuses and pretend you know alot, when in reality you barely played in rank battle, which explains why you’re not even on the leaderboard.

PS: My “you” does not directly related to you as a person, but to whom that’re not even on the leaderboard for us to see how many games you played.

in PvP

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

Personally I solo/duo/trio queue in team queue. I place in the top 200 regularly, with my overall win rate being around 55%. Nothing is shown by this. The fact that people in this game have upwards of 80% win ratios shows how flawed and inactive team arena actually is.

As I said, I do not believe anyone who thinks this system has any reflection on player ability should be taken seriously.

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

in PvP

Posted by: Shadow of Azrael.1205

Shadow of Azrael.1205

it is not possible to not get in if you play regularly and win more than 51% of the time

Totally possible at least on EU.

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Stopped playing for 3 months because my team quit.

Played 2 TeamQ matches with some PvE guys, which I’ve lost, and a SoloQ match I’ve won because of 4vs5 and skyhammer.

I’m now 160 TeamQ and 19 SoloQ.

How can this be used as a metric of player’s trustworthiness?

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in PvP

Posted by: Ovid.7135

Ovid.7135

^ I think the idea is that staying at a reasonable ranking over time shows some skill.

My experience of the EU leaderboards, and win/lose ratios, is that not all people who have high rankings/ratios are good, but almost all the good people who play regularly maintain a high ranking and win/lose ratio.

There are of course some exceptions where good players play with bad teams, and have a lower ratio for that, but those players are rather scarce.

It’s not perfect, and I disagree with OP that so much importance should be placed on LB, as if you’d discard what someone says because of their LB ranking; instead, make your own mind up as to whether something is correct or not rather than just believing the high ranked players know the answer.

However, I’ve often found, the majority of players who think LB are absolutely worthless have a low LB ranking themselves, and some confidence issues. Instead, I think the LB gives a good rough estimate.

Peanut Butter Jelly Times (Swisslips)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Until we get something decent like ladders and seasons, none of it matters.

I should probably be top 100 soloq on this account (Going only soloq atm) or at least something like dat since i don’t even look at ladder, around 100-150 tque on first but i don’t use it since one month ago, last time was in esl 43 after dat i stopped tpvp, i’ll stick to solo for now…don’t want to be farmed by top 50 while going with randomly arranged teams…and yeah ladders are totally broken and worthless, rewarding ppl for NOT playing the game and just que up once every 2 days in odd times to keep decay away…so sad..

Make ladder reset every 2 months or so, focing ppl to play in order to stay on top, and making decay fixed so once you get down you wont go up again where you were when stopped…if you get down to 300 you start again from 300..how bout dat? And ofc fix the kittening matchmaking…after last soloq game at around 3am last night one guy from my team asked everyone else bout their rank since he was r27 and started pvp 2 weeks before (And he probably noticed that he was understanding half of what we were saying in teamchat…let alone rotations..)….on the other team there were collero, texby and odium (Not sure bout odium maybe the match before but..whatever)…ofc we lost cause our r27 war got permafarmed on close by texby and pretty much in every 1v1 he faced (And for sure it wasn’t his fault) ….i just told dat guy to not que up on odd times if he’s new cause he’s gonna screw up both his mates and himself, but seriously…a r27 with 2 weeks in pvp randomly put into a top 100 match….fix your kitten anet (And remove stupid skyhammer meanwhile)

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I love this idea

I got an alt account to #5 eu with around 40 games. It is no different than NA, at least in solo queue.

Ranger | Elementalist