Skyhammer...

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: Centh.2081

Centh.2081

I find this map to be complete deconstructive to sPvP. It promotes the use of tanky/burst aoe builds due to the fact all the capture points (including the skyhammer) are extremely small. Not only is the point just small on its own (like it normally is) but there are walls preventing movement on about 1/2 of the area around it, forcing people to stay in the very small area. Also, the floor falling apart as well as the cramped space prevents ANY kind of movement build from functioning properly. I can’t count the number of times I have fallen through the map while using Flanking Strike, or Withdraw because the floor decides to fall out half way through my animation/movement. I refuse to play on this map and will only ever leave the match immediately when I get it. Please either remove this map from the game or remove it from arena.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

That’s the whole point of the map lol. You gotta be careful when using a dodge or evade skill around a panel so you don’t roll toward it right after it breaks and fall, making you look like a noob among many who’ve done it before XD I know i’ve done it plenty of times. I think points A and C have some panels around them that you can try to use to your advantage against other players. It’s hilarious stunning someone or immobilizing them and just watching them fall as the panel below their feet cracks and breaks XD

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

This map is terrible for tournaments because it removes skilled play from the match. Once a player is hit a single cc then they instantly die.

Fight → one random cc lands → back up and pull foe to glass → instant kill.

For this map to be balanced and decided by skill the glass panes need to become invulnerable or destroy able only the Canon. Now players who want to kill people with cc will have to coordinate to do it.

Ranger | Elementalist

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

I don’t know based on what knocking someone off a Cliff is considered unskilled play.

Every profession have access to pull and pushes at the same level. Every profession have access to dodges too.

If you get pushed off, you have been outplayed. Period.
There is nothing to blame the map or everything, you had to either avoid the push/pull by getting out from Dangerous spots or dodging or push/pull your enemy first.

You played poorly and you got punished for doing so. Nothing strange here.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

I don’t know based on what knocking someone off a Cliff is considered unskilled play.

Every profession have access to pull and pushes at the same level. Every profession have access to dodges too.

If you get pushed off, you have been outplayed. Period.
There is nothing to blame the map or everything, you had to either avoid the push/pull by getting out from Dangerous spots or dodging or push/pull your enemy first.

You played poorly and you got punished for doing so. Nothing strange here.

more than that, every player has access to the same classes and for every single player the circumstances on this map are the same.
there is no advantage for any team

i don’t get all the complaints. i do much more dislike foefire in soloQ – because i feel on this map it’s more about teamfight (and adjusted rotations) and that is a difficult thing to handle in soloQ where even communication tools wouldn’t help that much out.

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Ryan.9387

I play a Ranger. As such, the only viable build I have is spirits. I don’t have stunbreak or stability.

The necro who comes up to me can kill me without me being able to do anything. He can open up with doom, an instant cast fear which is impossible to avoid if the necro doesn’t use it on spammed evades. From here he can use spectral grasp to pull me over a plate to my death.

Impossible to avoid without stability or stunbreaks which do not fit on a Rangers bar.

Ranger | Elementalist

Skyhammer...

in PvP

sorrow.2364

I play a Ranger. As such, the only viable build I have is spirits. I don’t have stunbreak or stability.

The necro who comes up to me can kill me without me being able to do anything. He can open up with doom, an instant cast fear which is impossible to avoid if the necro doesn’t use it on spammed evades. From here he can use spectral grasp to pull me over a plate to my death.

Impossible to avoid without stability or stunbreaks which do not fit on a Rangers bar.

It’s probably because spirit ranger is not an optimal build on skyhammer, at all.

LB+GS is by far more effective on that map.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Ryan.9387

I’ll probably drop torch for offhand axe for the path of scars pull. I may also bring SoR.

Ranger | Elementalist

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The issue is that no one is going to respec for every map they play. This map is not balanced and needs to be thrown out of the rotation.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

The issue is that no one is going to respec for every map they play. This map is not balanced and needs to be thrown out of the rotation.

You don’t have to respec to play the map effectively at all. I play this map on my sword/pistol thief (with no pulls or pushes) and do great on it. The only place CC gets out of hand is in the sky hammer platform, and only one team member needs to control the hammer, so it really shouldn’t be a problem for your team to find someone who will be effective up there

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

Skyhammer...

in PvP

sorrow.2364

So it all goes down to the fact that people are too lazy to adapt to another type of map?

Yeah, it should be definitely thrown out of rotation. Better have a Kyhlo clone instead.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

So it all goes down to the fact that people are too lazy to adapt to another type of map?

Yeah, it should be definitely thrown out of rotation. Better have a Kyhlo clone instead.

It’s not about adapting. If all someone wanted to play was skyhammer, they could create a build for that. In sPvP where the maps rotate, it isn’t realistic to respec everytime a specific new map comes.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Until we have build templates, Skyhammer or Spirit watch and Raid is out of rotation for good.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

sorrow.2364

It’s not about adapting. If all someone wanted to play was skyhammer, they could create a build for that. In sPvP where the maps rotate, it isn’t realistic to respec everytime a specific new map comes.

In sPvP you can easily join in single-map servers or non-skyhammer servers.
I thought the topic was about soloq. In that case you know the map you’re going to play and that you should build accordingly.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Agree with OP, this map should be erased or used for fun only . . .

takt it off SoloQ at least god!

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Stealth.9324

In sPvP you can easily join in single-map servers or non-skyhammer servers.
I thought the topic was about soloq. In that case you know the map you’re going to play and that you should build accordingly.

You know the number of maps you will play, you do not know which maps specificly you will play next..Build only for Skyhammer map will not be effective in other map and vice-versa. Seriously, if we know which map we will play next or having build templates, things may be different. Having changing build every time you go to this map is kitten annoying. And you only have 1m20s to do so..Good luck with re-build your character during that time-frame manually.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

sorrow.2364

You know the number of maps you will play, you do not know which maps specificly you will play next..Build only for Skyhammer map will not be effective in other map and vice-versa. Seriously, if we know which map we will play next or having build templates, things may be different. Having changing build every time you go to this map is kitten annoying. And you only have 1m20s to do so..Good luck with re-build your character during that time-frame manually.

Then the problem is the lack of templates, not the map. It has already been said that ANet is working to add them.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

join the club with us mesmers. no stability and no stunbreakers

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: Lakaz.8625

Lakaz.8625

I play a ranger too, and while i don’t SPVP much and don’t know much about it (No clue what spirits build is, so call me a noob), i’ve had no problems on skybreaker map when i’ve played it. In fact, i have to admit, most fun i’ve had in pvp was when i was using Point Blank shot (From the longbow) to knock off warriors, guardians, thieves… any profession i’ve encountered, in fact off Skybreaker.
Maybe i’m just biased as i never did have to fight against a Necro.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: Noc.2459

Noc.2459

My word against Arenanets: This map needs to go! No more Skyhammer in tournaments.

Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc Noc

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

It promotes the use of tanky/burst aoe builds due to the fact all the capture points (including the skyhammer) are extremely small.

So, adapt and go tank/burst? Whats the problem?

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: Ritor.5260

Ritor.5260

Agry, terrible map

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Then the problem is the lack of templates, not the map. It has already been said that ANet is working to add them.

Skyhammer = cause of all these uproar.
Templates = solution for this map.

As long as the solution has not been introduced, Anet should not make people suffered by playing this map in competitive environment.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

good map just needs a radius nerf to the cannon and damage reduction. Other than that i think people need to be situationally aware of what is going on around them… I mean seriously… its not bad at all, i rather enjoy it. And that is playing on the guard, necro, theif and warrior. Just got to adapt I wish Anet would just not listen to all the complaining but I am sure they will give in.

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: Bud.5617

Bud.5617

The map is fine.

Are you raging coz you can’t admit you got one upped in this map?

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Stealth.9324

The map is fine.

Are you raging coz you can’t admit you got one upped in this map?

Please read my post and think about it for over 1 second… >_>….

Skyhammer...

in PvP

TheZeus.8617

Read all the posts here still think map is fine. Few issues with cannon is all. Other than that people need to be situationally aware.. most are not

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

A few of us are already protesting the map. Here’s the thread for it: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Protest-Skyhammer-in-solo-queue/.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

TheZeus.8617

LOL protest all you want, if they think its good to keep in they will.. your decision is invalid.

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: Drevik.2408

Drevik.2408

For the love of cheesecake give me an option to not have to play this map. I’ll pay 1800 gems to have it removed from my rotation.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

A few of us are already protesting the map. Here’s the thread for it: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Protest-Skyhammer-in-solo-queue/.

Isn’t going afk on purpose game manipulation? I thought that was against the TOA. I understand you don’t like the map, but you can honestly stand to play it on the occasion it shows up. If I can play well on that map using my thief, you can handle it on your class too.

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

You’re allowed to leave five matches every 72 hours, according to the developers.

Even if you do structured PvP a lot, you probably won’t get five stacks of dishonored if you only leave when you get Skyhammer in solo queue.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: Valleria Darkmoon.4506

Valleria Darkmoon.4506

I never ever ever ever join a team when skyhammer comes up, i just exit before the match starts.

Skyhammer is the worst map by leaps and bounds, standing totally alone at the top of a gigantic pile of crap. Basically the rest are acceptable and so the next worst is debatable, raid on the capricorn gets my vote for second worst because finishing people underwater is a huge pain due to lack of finisher and things like theif perma evade underwater is just way too easy to do but it’s still so far ahead of skyhammer, capricorn can’t even see it in the rearview.

Skyhammer...

in PvP

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I still find skyhammer the be the funnest map. It is dynamic and engaging, and I find the flavor text to be quite comical.

I’ve never been a fan of no items, fox only, final destination.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.