Skyhammer - The Best sPvP Map

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Q:

Heya,

Question is:
- Does Anet work on additional/new maps for sPvP which are like Skyhammer?

I find Skyhammer map to be epic and great since it gives more freedom to how fight opponents and how to kill them, even with using enviroment.

So yes, my main point is – let’s add more Skyhammer maps to sPvP and tPvP.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: DrLane.5248

DrLane.5248

the main problem with skyhammer is ppl only rely on their KD/KB/pull etc to kill ppl.IT shuldnt be that automatic and it doesnt hlp to improove on their class since they only have to break a window press 1 key and not use the skill when the guy is dodgin/Stab , which is easy as hell.

[SmK]Tapss , pvp and <°)))))><

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Yup. Skyhammer = best map

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

Heheh. character.

Tiger

in PvP

Posted by: Acgsev.6931

Acgsev.6931

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it 8/8

Forget it, Jake. It’s SoloQ.

in PvP

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Well, I can’t tell if Tao is being provocative or sarcastic, but I myself enjoy playing on Skyhammer. It’s original, the combat mechanics and rotations are different of on the other maps, so I am always a little excited when I get it in soloq. I however see in what way it can annoy certain players. Since yoloq is not really meant to be competitive (come on guys, deep inside you know it is not), I would like Skyhammer to remain in the rotation, but the following improvement can be added :
1) As someone suggested somewhere, the fall from the main map should not be lethal. You should lose half your health and be able to get back on the map using one or two stairs, which could also make for awesome stair combat ! The fall from the hammer platform remains lethal.
2) The laser should be dodgeable, and maybe have a smaller radius
I have only played the game actively for six months, and could never fight on the capricorn map. You guys constantly complain about the lack of pvp content, so let’s not lose the few that has been given to us !

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

It encourages ugly play. With skills like magnetic pull etc being unblockable, with rangers being able to capture side points and then move up high while their pet remains below etc all creates an map that should be fun, and is fun, but players resort to ugly tactics. There is no sense of unity or team anywhere in Pvp due a-net removing monks and making each profession self contained to various degree’s and making each map conquest where your team must divide to win. Skyhammer accentuates this where players can go for nodes, the hammer, preferred positions (like rangers up high) or hover close to pull points. The map is good, it is just everything else about PvP short coming that makes it really not fun to play. There is only so many times one can be pulled down holes, rapid fired from above, blasted by canons and constantly duel people who you can see are purposefully hovering near edges in order to hopefully knock you off before it just becomes flat out tiresome.

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

I like skyhammer. In hot joins.

I completely hate it in SoloQ. The point is that people feel frustrated by Skyhammer because you very personal “skill” doesn’t matter anymore (or it counts less than what it should).

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

I used to hate this map so much at first but I learnt to love it. It is thanks to this map I managed to become an even better player at countering all the pulls and push tricks.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in PvP

Sorel.4870

It encourages ugly play. With skills like magnetic pull etc being unblockable, with rangers being able to capture side points and then move up high while their pet remains below etc all creates an map that should be fun, and is fun, but players resort to ugly tactics. There is no sense of unity or team anywhere in Pvp due a-net removing monks and making each profession self contained to various degree’s and making each map conquest where your team must divide to win. Skyhammer accentuates this where players can go for nodes, the hammer, preferred positions (like rangers up high) or hover close to pull points. The map is good, it is just everything else about PvP short coming that makes it really not fun to play. There is only so many times one can be pulled down holes, rapid fired from above, blasted by canons and constantly duel people who you can see are purposefully hovering near edges in order to hopefully knock you off before it just becomes flat out tiresome.

Well, it’s a valid opinion. But that is all it is : a personal opinion. You may find the play style ugly. It relies more on blocks (yeah yeah, magnet), stability, CC, evades, and stealth. These skills are reasonably distributed between all professions (except maybe warrior and ele, but they are in a decent place balance-wise anyway). So what’s the big deal ? Ever thought that some find it fun ? It VARIES the play style, and the pvp community has been asking for that since the release. As for the trinity, that’s the strength of GW2 : when I team up with four friends, in PvP, WvW or PvE, I don’t even have to look at what profession they are playing, as long as we are not stacking too much of one.

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I’m curious to see if this thread will grow to be as big as the one that says Skyhammer sucks and should be removed from rated play. My guess is not. Don’t get me wrong, it is a great map to have fun with friends on your custom server or in hot joins but to have it in soloq is just wrong.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in PvP

Posted by: Gilburt.9146

Gilburt.9146

I love skyhammer, amazing map. I wouldn’t play gw2 if I couldn’t be killed by stealth engi’s using a single skill over and over again.

Brother Gilburt – Guard / Agent Gilburt – Thief

in PvP

Sorel.4870

I love skyhammer, amazing map. I wouldn’t play gw2 if I couldn’t be killed by stealth engi’s using a single skill over and over again.

Even stealthed, the engi makes a noise, and so does the magnet. And don’t sit blatantly on the node ! When I cap A or C and try to hold it, I hide in a corner from which I can’t be grabbed. Team fight grab is more of a problem of course, but I like the fact that it can completely change the out come of a combat. Lastly, chill out ! This is soloq, I can’t imagine that Skyhammer is THE major annoyance (players class stacking, afking, wandering around like headless chickens are, in my opinion).

in PvP

Posted by: Hikisaku.8276

Hikisaku.8276

Clearly no one put any thought in when this map was made. Classes with a controlled pull (engi, mesmer, thief) have a very clear advantage in this map. This map should be removed from solo queue and anyone who says otherwise doesn’t want so because they main engi, mesmer, or thief. Before anyone here argues with me for no reason, I’m not bashing any of those classes, I’m bashing the map and its presence in solo queue. Oh and I’d like to ask, why I get the map 3/4 times when I solo queue, that number is no exaggeration, it’s literally 3/4 times i get it.

(edited by Hikisaku.8276)

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

So the thread about how awesome skyhammer turns into a thread about how aweful it is within a few days. Wonder why that happened.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Any map that allows you to build an incredibly tanky spec and still one-shot people (via pulls, pushes, knockbacks, etc.) is inherently a bad map. Especially when you consider that those types of skills and skills that mitigate those types of skills are not evenly distributed across all classes.

Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I like skyhammer. In hot joins.

I completely hate it in SoloQ. The point is that people feel frustrated by Skyhammer because you very personal “skill” doesn’t matter anymore (or it counts less than what it should).

And question now pops up.

What do we refer to term called “Skill”?

Rotation? Boon spam? Being faster than someone else with swiftness? Holding the point on full bunker mode?

In my case – no.
In my dictionary if it comes to all games, a real skill is being shown when people are capable of adapting to any environment and use it as it’s advantage – and it’s not about Skyhammer itself or Trebutchet.
In Skyhammer specifically you have to watch around yourself to not be pushed or pulled to not fall and die. No other map provides such thing.
And I myself want more such maps, since thanks to them, you can prove that you truly are good with the class you’re playing.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: The Cross Killer.2854

The Cross Killer.2854

I have to admit that i became a much stronger player on skyhammer. All the stealth-pulls that i did to greatly outplay the ones that dont adept to the map and afk in the base.
Edit: i wouldn’t mind skyhammer if it was its own gamemode but when i press the join-soloQ-button, i want to play conquest.

Guns N Tools – Red Team[Blue] – twitch.tv/gunsnfools

(edited by The Cross Killer.2854)

in PvP

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Classes with a controlled pull (engi, mesmer, thief) have a very clear advantage in this map. This map should be removed from solo queue and anyone who says otherwise doesn’t want so because they main engi, mesmer, or thief. Before anyone here argues with me for no reason.

This is a wrong assumption. I MAIN ele and I love this map. Thieves, mesmer and engies very rarely knock me off because i know how to counter their push and pull tricks….I dont even equip stability.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)