Skyhammer - a fair sPvP map?

in PvP

Posted by: fonvitale.9621

fonvitale.9621

To ArenaNet sPvP team:

What are your plans about Skyhammer and classes like thief, mesmer, engineers (classes with stealth) which can CC you to a hole on the floor even if you cannot see them?

Do you think is a fair play?

Are you providing any counter play to the rest of classes?

Zere We – Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

go for warrior with perma stability build.

in PvP

Posted by: lesalthg.4536

lesalthg.4536

I also find the fact that we can’t even dodge the attacks of the hammer to be unfair. If I can time when the hammer lets loose its friggin lightning-like judgement, and dodge it, I should to be able to avoid it without having to go invulnerable. A lot like how dodges are effective against the treb in Battle of Kyhlo.

Larix Kaemp || Blackgate || Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Warriors have perma stabiility builds now .. ? oh wait…isnt that the 30/30/30/30/30 build ?

in PvP

Posted by: Xaos.3257

Xaos.3257

OK not perma stability just 2 days 15 hours 3mins 10 secs….

but seriously i have seen warriors with crazy stability uptime.

Elementalist – Necromancer

in PvP

Lupanic.6502

Warriors have perma stabiility builds now .. ? oh wait…isnt that the 30/30/30/30/30 build ?

Nice try dude:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQBLEDX8AFDAQKAILA

if engis,thiefs and necros have an extra Skyhammer build. Warrior can has it as well. This template let you space for your normal build and you have 40sec stability and a trait that gives you even more stability.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Use your ear/eyes to hear/see when the glass panel is about to break. Watch your surrounding if they start positioning for a gank, dodge, move around more, line of sight but not dance at the edges. Custom your build to have stunbreak/port/stab which warrior/guard/ele has a plethora of.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Use your ear/eyes to hear/see when the glass panel is about to break. Watch your surrounding if they start positioning for a gank, dodge, move around more, line of sight but not dance at the edges. Custom your build to have stunbreak/port/stab which warrior/guard/ele has a plethora of.

Glass breaks in about 2 seconds and stays broken for probably 10+. Engineers can get 5+ seconds of stealth easily and Thieves can get 20 seconds from just Shadow Refuge. The enemy can do a stealth pull at any time during that time or dance around the other glass panels in stealth and you can do nothing about it but hope to be a class with stability that lasts that long. The side points have no hiding spots and they can still fire kittenhammer during stealth if you run through the portal. If you die to it then all of those skills will likely be off cooldown by the next time you get to them again and Thieves have other stealth skills anyways.

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

tbh just make a char specially for that map…
i did it and i never have problem with this map again.
it’s very stupid to come to this map with normal build as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

tbh just make a char specially for that map…
i did it and i never have problem with this map again.
it’s very stupid to come to this map with normal build as well.

and THIS is issue with this map, you can’t play normally, you can’t run normal build, you have to run extra skyhammer character…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Nice try dude:

if engis,thiefs and necros have an extra Skyhammer build. Warrior can has it as well. This template let you space for your normal build and you have 40sec stability and a trait that gives you even more stability.

That’s the problem: you are forced to become a cheese machine in order to play this map.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Nice try dude:

Skyhammer builds are revolving around ability to kill people with CC, stability cannot win fights by itself. And both warrior useful skyham CC are in utilities.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: Neverminder.3296

Neverminder.3296

I love/hate Skyhammer.

Love: I main Guardian and Banish actually has a use. It feels great to Banish someone using the hammer right off the cliff.
Hate: Everything. For some reason it reminds me of an Unreal map…

in PvP

Posted by: Shakya.6351

Shakya.6351

I play thief but never use scorpion wire in skyhammer…it is lame play, i dont like to win this way and i dont like skyhammer at all…is a fun map but it should be outside the soloq rotation

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

to say Skyhammer is unfair, trash, should be removed from competitive play blah blah blah is quite ignorant.

The problem of this map is not that it is underdeveloped, it’s that it is overdeveloped. Where other maps (even Spirit Watch) have only 1 secondary mechanic to pay attention to, Skyhammer has 3, no wonder it seems to take away from the skill play

Battle of Kyhlo: Trebuchet
Legacy of Foefire: Guild Lords
Forest of Niflhel: Svanir/Chieftain
Temple of the Silent Storm: Collectible Runes
Spirit Watch: Spirit Orb
Skyhammer: The cannon+breakable floors+jump pads

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Darnacus.5961

Darnacus.5961

Breakable floor is not half as bad as edges. Cannon room is the worst design ever. Feared→Dead. Just add some fences on A/C/Cannon and the map is fixed for me.

Sending someone through the breakable floor requires more precision & timing that just bumping it off the edge.

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Skyhammer should be a map on its own, not in any cycle of maps.

Players who tailor there characters for that map have a HUGE advantage and just farm other players with general PvP builds.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Players who tailor there characters for that map have a HUGE advantage and just farm other players with general PvP builds.

i’ve suggested this too,
add a new NPC were trolls can queue for skyhammer and spam stealths, knockbacks and fears all they like.
remove skyhammer from everything else. (hotjoin and solo que)

it’s a failed map, they just need to admit that and do something about it,
the silence crap is getting old!

in PvP

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I blame myself for being pushed/pulled of the map.
I like the map becouse it brings more than just character skills and dodge in to the game, it’s also placement and the ability to predict enemy movements.
Atleast every class I have played PvP can push, Pull or fear and every class has skills to negate them.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

I blame myself for being pushed/pulled of the map.
I like the map becouse it brings more than just character skills and dodge in to the game, it’s also placement and the ability to predict enemy movements.
Atleast every class I have played PvP can push, Pull or fear and every class has skills to negate them.

as everyone above stated, there is no predicting a class that can stealth for 20 seconds+,
they can outstealth whatever stability you have and then pull you from anywhere.
or other classes can just spam so many knockbacks that you don’t have a chance,
and all they need is a boon removal to get rid of stability, you can even get this in a sigil.

its a bad map made specifically for trolls, i will never play the map again and i hope they remove it from hotjoin and Solo, let the trolls queue for skyhammer separately.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Nice try dude:

Yeah nice try dude, you can right away cut of 30 sec stabi because No one is running with rampager.

in PvP

Lupanic.6502

Nice try dude:

Yeah nice try dude, you can right away cut of 30 sec stabi because No one is running with rampager.

An no one is running with FT or Rifle or scorpion wipe or stuff like that but on skyhammer it is a good change. But you do not have to run with rampager. You can haev 20 sec of stability + trait without rampager. With hammer you can kick people out of the map. I see no problem for warrior on this map

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

With hammer you can kick people out of the map. I see no problem for warrior on this map

Emm, are you sure that you’re talking about warrior and not guardian? I can’t even remember last time when I’ve seen someone killed with warrior hammer knockback.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

i’ve suggested this too,
add a new NPC were trolls can queue for skyhammer and spam stealths, knockbacks and fears all they like.
remove skyhammer from everything else. (hotjoin and solo que)

it’s a failed map, they just need to admit that and do something about it,
the silence crap is getting old!

I don’t want to seem like a QQuer. But I died 10 times to the same hammer Guardian at Skyhammer. No joke. I was on my Phantasm Mesmer, who lacks in Stability. This needs to happen.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness