So now what?

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

What reason do i have to still log in and play pvp?

Top players left.I saw ELS yesterday and most of the matches were boring as hell.(500-150).

Small population.

Same game mode over and over.

Ppl are exploiting ranks.

Leaderboards are bad and doesnt provide true skill(why should i try to be in the top 1000?).

I cant buy Custom Arena cause i pvp.

Soloq has bad matchmaking and in the end i cant carry my team.

Boring rewards, im tired of farming glory and making dyes to earn gold, or taking skins.

So what is there for me?What should i do?Should i continue playing just cause its “fun”?How many times should i kill or get killed by the same guys?Should i just go to living story pve when every week something new pops out?Or should i just quit?
Im asking for a solid reason to still play pvp

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

just quit, youve already ruined the game for yourself, no point in staying unless pride keeps you here waiting for answers that you want, you dont pay a sub fee and have no obligation to play, if you honestly feel this way then just leave

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Kentrey.3251

Kentrey.3251

I mean he’s got a point. There’s a line when its not just about taking thing on the chin and holding out for something new.
I’m as chipper as can be but man i gotta admit this is pretty depressing.

The one reason i came to Gw2 last year was because i hear about the amazing pvp oriented game. Gotta admit i wanna backhand whoever said that.

The halloween patch was the closest thing to a “pvp” patch we got. And yea you know how that turned out.

Don’t get me wrong. Gw2 PvP is very fun. Just there is nothing there.
-The mode is bleh after a year of playing it
-Heart of the mist is shallow and unchanging
-The rank system is literally nothing but a grind fest, with out amazing rewards at the end
-And rewards in and of themselves is also pretty bad

And the forum going pvp team is some of the most vocal i’ve ever seen and that is great. But they don’t/can’t really give us any thing to look forward to (because if they didn’t get it out on time pvpers would lose their minds)
But i would love to hear
“Yes we know pvp has been underserved in the last year. In the patch in 2 months we’re hoping/shooting for revamping the achievement”
“In the patch in 3 months we’re hoping/shooting for revamping the rewards/ranks”
…ect with game modes
…ect with heart of the mist
…ect with everything pvp related

So honest OP I’ve joined a WvW guild in the past 2 months and that is where i’ve been getting my fun. The WvW ranking system is fun to level and spend points in. The rewards feel great (gold karma champ bags) you can actually level your alts there. And you still get to pvp all the time in WvW

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I’ve been playing pretty faithfully since head start. I check the forums regularly and often post. Most of my posts are providing feedback on things that are wrong, and calling out blatant errors, misguided additions, etc. I do that because I really do love this game, but lately, I have had 0 desire to log in.

1- All of my friends left. No, not some, not most: all.

• In large part due to how cumbersome it was to even group with friends to PvP (such a elementary piece of this puzzle has been missing since launch)

2 – That leaves me with my own desire to get better as a solo player.

• How can anyone accurately gauge progress when you are constantly fighting with and against new players or in 4v5 situations and no apparent rhyme or reason to who you are partied with?
  • Leaderboards should offer some measuring stick, but because of the MMR debacle along with the the fact that the leaderboards itself has so many flaws, nobody cares about them (even the players at the top of it)

3 – Lastly, and certainly the most important to me. With our eyes and our 14 months of experience, we know where PvP stands in this game. There is no longer any question, so if it’s clearly the bottom on the priority list, why stick around to watch it develop?

So, I have to echo the statements of the OP: what now?

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

So now what?

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

Its a major question that i think every dev in every game should ask himself..

“Why someone should play this game?”

You should have fun playing a game but you ALWAYS must have a reason, you want to kill a boss, you want to see the end of the story, you want to gear up and do more dmg, you want to climb up a leaderboard, etc.Noone play a game just to get better..

“Today i will log in and im gonna increase my skill” said noone

“Today im gonna farm some glory to buy new skins that i can use in pvp only”said someone once, he bought em and never said it again

“Today im gonna play some soloq ranked games to increase my rating”said someone for 14 times, then he akitten and stayed at 1 for like forever.

Its pretty clear that this isnt an AAA pvp game as many said before release (dont make me find those videos on youtube)

I know the devs may say “yes we know there are problems but we do care about pvp, and balance patch will come soon, etc etc”

As long as you cant say with a solid statement that this game IS a AAA esport material you cant also say that this wasnt a marketing move to lure dissapointed pvp players.

Sorry for the judgimental tone.I have no intention to be offensive, i just want some clarity on some major things.
I saw some videos on youtube that were advertising this game with some specific statements that werent true at the release and not even now after 1 year.

I pay some money for this game and i support it as much as i could cause i believed that i could play this game in semi-competitive level, cause i wanted to have a great experience in pvp..
How do you think i feel now?

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Babychoochoo.5690

Babychoochoo.5690

Just quit. That’s what I’m about to do…again (and possibly for good). It’s just very hard for me to recommend any disappointed player stick around and tough it out. I was originally lured in by the manifesto as well as the grandiose talk of what PvP was supposed to be so imagine how I feel. I’m doubly disappointed at the moment. Not only is the PvE I signed up for essentially non-existent, the PvP I was promised exists in a form barely distinguishable from the train wreck it was at launch.

If the past 14 months is any indication, things won’t be getting any time soon. I say it’s better to quit than to stand around hoping and praying. Hey, a year or two from now, things could be totally awesome, but expecting anything in the near future is a pipe dream in my opinion. Might as well take a break and recuperate in the meantime.

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

You have to stay because there is no other good spvp mmo out there. The only alternatives that are good are moba.

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

You have to stay because there is no other good spvp mmo out there. The only alternatives that are good are moba.

if you look for a pvp mmorpg, as you can clearly see, there is NO mmorpg ever with a good , balanced, pvp.
if you look for pve, yes, GW2 is imho the best mmorpg atm.

hence, if you look for pvp, you should look at other acronyms.

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

u never played wow, huh?

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

So now what?

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

Y i agree theres no pvp mmo out there…….yet.You know a lot mmo are coming soon, we will see.If GW2 had a solid pvp i wouldnt bother checking and spending money in other games but as i said, it doesnt, and it would take a long time to have even if it started tomorrow(which it wont)

JPeters stated yesterday in ESL tourn chat that they want to release the next balance patch in 12th dec…They want means that they may not make it.And its a balance patch, pvp besides balance takes nothing.
Seriously, you so dont care about pvp at all..and you cant prove the opposite now, noone believes you

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

they want to release the next balance patch in 12th dec…

Anyone knows how long the beta test on the Asia lasts ? Or how long they need to learn the existing builds , modified/analyze them and tell to the old ggs their opinion for class balance ?

So now what?

in PvP

Shukran.4851

u never played wow, huh?

“imho”
“atm”

anyway, i think that wow is kitten just because of cartoon graphic. still i think that gw2 pve is wonderful.
i could add “b2p” >>>> “p2p”

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

u never played wow, huh?

“imho”
“atm”

anyway, i think that wow is kitten just because of cartoon graphic. still i think that gw2 pve is wonderful.
i could add “b2p” >>>> “p2p”

b2p is NOT > P2P.

At this point, I wish GW2 would have been P2P from the start. They would have to devote more resources to the game and then the resources added wouldn’t have to be spent making fluff that will drive gem sales.

I hate that this game is B2P and I am excited that ESO and Wildstar are P2P, because if they are any good and people like it, they will have to STAY good and keep changing for the better, or that game will turn into this game.

Commercial hit, to dead.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

So now what?

in PvP

Shukran.4851

yeah “>>>>>>>” <- it s not an arrow.

gw2 dont sucks because it is b2p but because of the decision they made while programming it in the last 3-7 years.

gw1 was a great pvp game and it was b2p.

oh and i maybe i made some acronym mistake. to me
b2p = pay the game then you play forever
p2p = monthly fee

and i agree with you, MAYBE if it was p2p it had more resources.

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Y i agree theres no pvp mmo out there…….yet.You know a lot mmo are coming soon, we will see.If GW2 had a solid pvp i wouldnt bother checking and spending money in other games but as i said, it doesnt, and it would take a long time to have even if it started tomorrow(which it wont)

JPeters stated yesterday in ESL tourn chat that they want to release the next balance patch in 12th dec…They want means that they may not make it.And its a balance patch, pvp besides balance takes nothing.
Seriously, you so dont care about pvp at all..and you cant prove the opposite now, noone believes you

Lmao, they’re really going to wait that long again to do a tiny balance patch?

It should be bi-weekly. SMH

I seriously want a new MMO to come out that’s good. =[

I’m hoping Wildstar is decent.

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

b2p is NOT > P2P.

At this point, I wish GW2 would have been P2P from the start. They would have to devote more resources to the game and then the resources added wouldn’t have to be spent making fluff that will drive gem sales.

I hate that this game is B2P and I am excited that ESO and Wildstar are P2P, because if they are any good and people like it, they will have to STAY good and keep changing for the better, or that game will turn into this game.

Commercial hit, to dead.

A little off topic but generally free to play games are commercially more successful than subs (WoW and lineage 2 being outliers and Asia has many models we do not). Many subscription games of late namely (SWTOR but you can add in Aion, Secret World, Rift, Tera, DCUO, LOTRO, WAR do I really need to go on?) went free to play or buy to play due to it being simply more lucrative to do so.

If you are worried about resources GW2 copied probably one of the best models in FTP market for their gem store. It works much like the PWE “Gem Store” (item mall) where you can earn virtual currency (by playing the game) and trade it for another form of virtual currency that is backed by real fiat money. This means that everybody contributes to the economy as long as they use the gem exchange.

Subscriptions quite frankly a bad model for new titles outside of the niche game market. That is unless the game focuses on some core element that does not have mass appeal then there is no need to spend money on a sub to perpetuate the game. Item malls allow players some to spend much more than the $15 standard monthly fee. Additionally it attracts a larger audience to new games allowing those with barriers to entry ie people without credit cards those who cannot afford a monthly sub etc and those who refuse to play subs but will pay for a box to enter into the market.

Subscriptions are somewhat of a suckers game. You basically trust the developers with your money to support their development. If you dislike an expansion or quit the game all that money is gone and you no longer have access. The best thing about the hybrid buy to play item mall setup is that it is very easy for player to see what they spent their money on and why. They additionally never lose access to the game. The content they buy is theirs for the lifetime of the game. It is the life time sub (the best possible sub there is on most games as long as you get it early on) with a few more options for the buyer.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

So now what?

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

The one reason i came to Gw2 last year was because i hear about the amazing pvp oriented game. Gotta admit i wanna backhand whoever said that.

Same. Part of me feels even worse though because deep down I think I tricked myself.

Come on..You made me realize it too..It was better believing that devs tricked me

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

What now ?
1)you either get over your irrational addiction with this game and be happy somewhere else
2)you wait for devs to realise they broke immob (eta 2 months from now) and then you wait for devs to fix immob( 5 months from now )
For your convinience i included the time the devs will wait to see if the meta will fix itself cause ..you know the millions people playing will explore the hundreds of possible combinations this game provides and find counters to 10 sec immob under 10000 other condies.
Choose wisely

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Play other aspects of the game. I still PvP from time to time, but most of my time is spent in WvW or PvE.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

b2p is NOT > P2P.

Commercial hit, to dead.

A little off topic but generally free to play games are commercially more successful than subs (WoW and lineage 2 being outliers and Asia has many models we do not). Many subscription games of late namely (SWTOR but you can add in Aion, Secret World, Rift, Tera, DCUO, LOTRO, WAR do I really need to go on?) went free to play or buy to play due to it being simply more lucrative to do so.

If you are worried about resources GW2 copied probably one of the best models in FTP market for their gem store. It works much like the PWE “Gem Store” (item mall) where you can earn virtual currency (by playing the game) and trade it for another form of virtual currency that is backed by real fiat money. This means that everybody contributes to the economy as long as they use the gem exchange.

Subscriptions quite frankly a bad model for new titles outside of the niche game market. That is unless the game focuses on some core element that does not have mass appeal then there is no need to spend money on a sub to perpetuate the game. Item malls allow players some to spend much more than the $15 standard monthly fee. Additionally it attracts a larger audience to new games allowing those with barriers to entry ie people without credit cards those who cannot afford a monthly sub etc and those who refuse to play subs but will pay for a box to enter into the market.

Subscriptions are somewhat of a suckers game. You basically trust the developers with your money to support their development. If you dislike an expansion or quit the game all that money is gone and you no longer have access. The best thing about the hybrid buy to play item mall setup is that it is very easy for player to see what they spent their money on and why. They additionally never lose access to the game. The content they buy is theirs for the lifetime of the game. It is the life time sub (the best possible sub there is on most games as long as you get it early on) with a few more options for the buyer.

Totally agree; the price model of gw2 is one of the best things about it and I would definitely pay for a robust pvp oriented expansion- after all I have gotten more enjoyment and time out of my $60 with gw2 than in any other game.

With WoW for example including cost of all expansions and, how long has it been 15 months? worth of sub, I would have spent about $300+ for an inferior, less balanced gear grinding piece of poo.

B2P is beautiful, thank you ANET.

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

Wow next balance patch on december 12th, run for you lives.

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Fordel.3208

Fordel.3208

I really do not understand why these patches take so long.

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

i wish they make rangers more powerful next patch. we can be the next counter to warriors.

more power to the spirits. spirit of nature needs a cd of 120-140 seconds. thats the way to go.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

Please tell me that is a joke? Holy kitten.

So now what?

in PvP

Valentin.2073

ikr. i really have this amazing personality just like my ranger. people say.

dont fall in love that fast. i hate to be a heartbreaker.

but seriously, mods idea of reveal stealth is terrible. i dont see any ranger using that. i’m sure more rangers will be happier if mods buff the spirits.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

(edited by Valentin.2073)

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Please tell me that is a joke? Holy kitten.

Months of careful analysis are needed to see how the meta develops with the “improved tooltips”. Additionally, Arenanet would like more time for their warrior scheme to come to full fruition. 2+ months is reasonable for balancing a game which is “sort of like doing rocket science”. Nevermind that Guild Wars 1 received much more frequent balance updates for years up until its very end due to the ‘shift in resources’ to Guild Wars 2. Surely you must realize that it would be a great inconvenience to the player population if game updates were made more frequently, as then people would need to restart their game.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

(edited by Celtus.8456)

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Play other aspects of the game. I still PvP from time to time, but most of my time is spent in WvW or PvE.

Wow that sig of yours, you get around don’t you?

Can we get an /age? I feel inadequate because I’ve only matched one of those in nearly 3.5k hours.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Can you imagine how awesome it would be if a company the size of Anet made a pure PvP game based on GW1 GvG/HA/etc with GW2 combat mechanics?

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Wow that sig of yours, you get around don’t you?

Can we get an /age? I feel inadequate because I’ve only matched one of those in nearly 3.5k hours.

I make good use of my time. 3.3k hours.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Months of careful analysis are needed to see how the meta develops with the “improved tooltips”. Additionally, Arenanet would like more time for their warrior scheme to come to full fruition. 2+ months is reasonable for balancing a game which is “sort of like doing rocket science”. Nevermind that Guild Wars 1 received much more frequent balance updates for years up until its very end due to the ‘shift in resources’ to Guild Wars 2. Surely you must realize that it would be a great inconvenience to the player population if game updates were made more frequently, as then people would need to restart their game.

I expect tooltips to get nerfed and warrior buffed in the next balance patch 2 months from now.

All is vain.

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I want Anet to implement fighterjets like they did in embark beach..
Man i would love to fly over tyria again..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: BigDirk.9635

BigDirk.9635

Can we just admit that ANET hates the pvp community and gets off on promising improvement in up and coming patches then releasing the patches with literally nothing new for pvp.

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Can we just admit that ANET hates the pvp community and gets off on promising improvement in up and coming patches then releasing the patches with literally nothing new for pvp.

It’s hard to even think that they try at this point.
And if they seriously are… just stop.

The devs only seem to make the PvP worse.
At this point they seriously might as well just drop PvP patches and focus only on PvE, at least then those resources would do something to help the game, something to make at least one group of players happier.
That or get a new dev team.

(edited by garethh.3518)

So now what?

in PvP

Valentin.2073

stop complaining. pvp is booming. it is the best part of the game.

if you dont like pvp, stay in pve or just quit.

Go dev’s! You’re all doing a great job.

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

troll

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

So now what?

in PvP

Valentin.2073

troll

i’m dead serious. you people just need to adapt to the changes. pvp has a lot to offer. you can play casual or competitive. kids and adults can enjoy and have fun. do you see my point? ^^,

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

JPeters stated yesterday in ESL tourn chat that they want to release the next balance patch in 12th dec.

That’s just so ridiculous. It’s truly incomprehensible to me how these devs still have their jobs. They have done and continue to do so much damage to the game, yet it’s still business as normal. It’s like there’s zero accountability at anet.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

troll

i’m dead serious. you people just need to adapt to the changes. pvp has a lot to offer. you can play casual or competitive. kids and adults can enjoy and have fun. do you see my point? ^^,

I agree.

I’ve been spending HOURS just playing with 1000’s of new builds because of the tooltip updates.

I never figured out how ANY traits worked beforehand during release/beta on my own. So now I finally know how everything works and it’s AMAZING.

The game is so fresh and alive now, 1000’s and 1000’s of builds!

Wait… nevermind I was playing Path of Exile. =D

1000’s of builds!

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

Path of Exile good, GW2 bad.

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Invizible.2960

Invizible.2960

troll

I agree.

I’ve been spending HOURS just playing with 1000’s of new builds because of the tooltip updates.

I never figured out how ANY traits worked beforehand during release/beta on my own. So now I finally know how everything works and it’s AMAZING.

The game is so fresh and alive now, 1000’s and 1000’s of builds!

Wait… nevermind I was playing Path of Exile. =D

1000’s of builds!

Man, for a second there I thought you were serious

So now what?

in PvP

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Lmao, they’re really going to wait that long again to do a tiny balance patch?

It should be bi-weekly. SMH

I seriously want a new MMO to come out that’s good. =[

I’m hoping Wildstar is decent.

Me too.

So much facepalm in GW2, devs don’t care and pvp community isn’t big enough to hurt their wallets if we leave. All I gotta say is hire the old GW1 dev team and profit like crazy, I’m peacing out soon for good. New games on the horizon, with promising dev teams.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.