Solo q getting glorious Heros armor

in PvP

Posted by: Aaron.2413

Aaron.2413

What a joke.
Glad il be able to reap the rewards with a few months of decay.. But srsly
This armor was sposed to be for the best competitive players… I’m afraid none of which really solo q
Granted both my accounts are top 20 on both leaderboards… I still find it sad that solo qrs are getting this armor

in PvP

Posted by: Arachnid.4062

Arachnid.4062

“With this change, all competitive play (both solo and team) is consolidated into Ranked Arena.”

Maybe you should read the post before making stupid threads.

in PvP

Aaron.2413

“Because we’re transitioning how leaderboards are handled, we want to reward all the players who have fought their way to the top of the leaderboards in the old system. For your efforts, we’ll be awarding a piece of Glorious Hero’s armor to the top 20 players on both the solo and team arena leaderboards. "

Ummm Maybe you shud

in PvP

Arachnid.4062

“Because we’re transitioning how leaderboards are handled, we want to reward all the players who have fought their way to the top of the leaderboards in the old system. For your efforts, we’ll be awarding a piece of Glorious Hero’s armor to the top 20 players on both the solo and team arena leaderboards. "

Ummm Maybe you shud

You’re right, I just saw that. But, really, I’m just surprised someone is a big enough kitten to whine about this in the first place.

It kinda reminds me of PvErs whining about PvPers getting a legendary through the tournament of Glory.

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Ummm Maybe you shud

You’re right, I just saw that. But, really, I’m just surprised someone is a big enough kitten to whine about this in the first place.

It kinda reminds me of PvErs whining about PvPers getting a legendary through the tournament of Glory.

Pretty much… who cares?

PvP players should be the last to care about cosmetics and looking special

in PvP

Aaron.2413

Lol, it’s supposed to be ultra rare… I can buy a legendary with gems at this point… Before this update there is less than 50 people who had this type of armor

in PvP

Arachnid.4062

Lol, it’s supposed to be ultra rare… I can buy a legendary with gems at this point… Before this update there is less than 50 people who had this type of armor

Lol, I’m sure you’ll eventually get over. Hang in there!

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

The Glorious Hero’s Armor is a skill-based reward. I’d wager that the players who top the ladders are all skilled players in some regard.

If you don’t think they are, you have until Dec 2 to knock them out of the top 20.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

The Glorious Hero’s Armor is a skill-based reward. I’d wager that the players who top the ladders are all skilled players in some regard.

If you don’t think they are, you have until Dec 2 to knock them out of the top 20.

10/20 soloq leaders dont even have 100 wins. some have less than 10. “skill players in some regard” lol

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

Well, I think most everyone is familiar with how easy it is to game the leaderboards. I’d kind of prefer that the reward was just based on peak rank over X amount of time or some such.

Oh well, let the games begin.

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

yeahh, go look at the soloQ leaderboard on NA. There’s 3-4 people with less than 20 games won. They pretty much just stepped into PvP and had a good win streak.

You should require at least 50 games won, or so, to eliminate the leaderboard’s greatest flaw (being on top of leaderboard if you have a win streak as a new player).

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Just for some clarification if we are top 20 at the time of the update we will get the reward?

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Just for some clarification if we are top 20 at the time of the update we will get the reward?

If you are top 20 in solo/team q on December 2nd you get it

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I think the biggest problem is how easily the soloq lb can be abused. People that haven’t played in while can wait until the last second, play one game and shoot to the top.

A better choice in my opinion, would be extending the range to the top 50, and then changing the reward to the Hero’s armor you get in the reward track, and you can also throw a llama in if you want.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

I think the biggest problem is how easily the soloq lb can be abused. People that haven’t played in while can wait until the last second, play one game and shoot to the top.

This will probably be what happens for the next couple weeks til the patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Yeah realistically any decent player can pop in pvp for the first time and get a super lucky winning streak. It happens a lot and then they fade out since no one maintains anything higher than a mid 60s win percentage. Shouldn’t RNG this type of reward, just sort of cheapens it.

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, if it helps, as a Hotjoin-only player I have no intention of jumping into the SoloQ pool, even to try for a lucky streak. (Having a Glorious Hero armor piece would only trigger my completionist tendencies and then I’d cry over not being able to get the full set because I’m a very mediocre PvP player.)

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

What I expect will happen Tuesday:

Everyone (who has been sitting on a rank<10 before decay) logs in to get 1 solo q game or just gets in the match to log off because /logic you will be catapulted back into top 20.

The leaderboards will essentially push out whoever was rank 14-20 by the people sitting on their rank 4-9 ranks (hence the 1 game)

Forum tears ensue

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Yeah, the leader boards can be exploited easily to get to top 20, especially solo q. Another thing too, top PvPers don’t really care about looking the best, they care about showing off what they have accomplished, and with the “Ultra-rare” glorious armor, people who won literally 8 games in a row, because they got carried will be able to receive a reward that only a top tier spvp’er should own.

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

With the decay system in place, and the fact that the current top 20 players will be very careful, can that be done?

I see sizer at r95, maybe he’ll manage it (although I guess its not such a big deal in his case)

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I guess it should be given to all player that managed to be in the top3 in soloQ. Even if they are not in the top 20 at the moment. Top players like sizer should be rewarded

in PvP

Posted by: igsy.8027

igsy.8027

I agree rewards should be given for highest rank rather than current rank…

Rewarding for highest rank encourages players to play to try attain this. Rewarding for rank on 2nd December just encourages all current Top 20 to stop playing until 2nd December while everyone else keeps losing rank cos they are unable to face anyone above them.

in PvP

Posted by: Anonymous Player.3079

Anonymous Player.3079

Imo don’t give hero armor since leaderboard can be easy “manipulate” and just give pet (lamma) to player who have 500/1000/2000+ game (don’t means skill but at least means veteran)

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

The Glorious Hero’s Armor is a skill-based reward.

At current moment only Anet fail-raiting-programming will be rewarded

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Hi.

In before more than half of the rewards go to:
-People with less than 100 games played.
-People with less than 50% winrate.
-People with 0 wins in the past 1 month to 1 year.
-The “I’ll wait til I decay off the leaderboard and then play 1 match to go higher in ranking” person.

My record in NA Solo Queue is currently 1560-854 (64.62% winrate). I realize the great possibility that I will not attain any reward.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

(edited by Celtus.8456)

in PvP

Aaron.2413

Welp, I am arguing that no one should get rewards for SOLO q. Lets be honest even if you are 800-200 in solo Q or whatever, you are probably still pretty terrible at the game…. Sooo yea no one in solo q should get rewards

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Welp, I am arguing that no one should get rewards for SOLO q. Lets be honest even if you are 800-200 in solo Q or whatever, you are probably still pretty terrible at the game…. Sooo yea no one in solo q should get rewards

No. Some people are genuinely good and those people should get rewards.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Cheapest legendary (harpoon gun) is 1,850g. You would need to buy 16,623 gems to get that much, that would be $210.

Most expensive legendary (greatsword) is 4,939g. You would need to buy 44,205 gems for that, or $560.

I guess you could if you really wanted to …

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

Cheapest legendary (harpoon gun) is 1,850g. You would need to buy 16,623 gems to get that much, that would be $210.

Most expensive legendary (greatsword) is 4,939g. You would need to buy 44,205 gems for that, or $560.

I guess you could if you really wanted to …

Backpack and noscoc have farmed alot of weeklies and 2v2s.. they are prolly over 50k gems each.

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

No. Some people are genuinely good and those people should get rewards.

Um. Like maybe 3 out of the top 20… Good players like to have fun in solo q, which sometimes results in a loss. Soloq lb shows no skill, which is contradictory to the whole point of the glorious armor.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I don’t understand what all the moaning is about. Think of the time between now and Dec. 2nd as a really short season. Go hard in soloQ if you want that top-20.

Sure, quite a few people can game the leaderboard to get there. Perhaps it would be good to add a qualification for number of games played (50 or 100) in order to get it.

However, just because someone soloQ’s mostly doesn’t make them a bad player. Many very good players just aren’t dedicated enough to find a full-time team.

Finally, is it really worth whining about 40 people worldwide?!?! REALLY?!?!

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

I don’t understand what all the moaning is about. Think of the time between now and Dec. 2nd as a really short season. Go hard in soloQ if you want that top-20.

Sure, quite a few people can game the leaderboard to get there. Perhaps it would be good to add a qualification for number of games played (50 or 100) in order to get it.

However, just because someone soloQ’s mostly doesn’t make them a bad player. Many very good players just aren’t dedicated enough to find a full-time team.

It is worth discussing because it’s the equivalent to a gold cape in GW1 which meant your guild was the best of a tournament. If they gave away the only thing that separates great players and teams from the rest of the game to a person who got carried through soloq literally playing less than 20 games….that would be very disappointing…

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

It is worth discussing because it’s the equivalent to a gold cape in GW1 which meant your guild was the best of a tournament. If they gave away the only thing that separates great players and teams from the rest of the game to a person who got carried through soloq literally playing less than 20 games….that would be very disappointing…

One piece of gear from a full set is not equivalent to a Gold cape. Why? Because there’s a good chance people won’t even see it. At least a Gold Cape can be an always on thing but this… meh. I would rather have a title that says my rank on the Leaderboard as of Dec 2nd.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

I did many games this week end in order to try to climb up, but the fact is that probably 80% of my loses were due to a ragequitter/dc half match( several times when we were winning). My opponents weren’t once 4v5, even when i was winning 500-100..

Getting top 20 might be doable for players top100-150 ( and still…) but it’s only luck based in all honesty…

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I’ll wait and play one game dec 1st.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

One piece of gear from a full set is not equivalent to a Gold cape. Why? Because there’s a good chance people won’t even see it. At least a Gold Cape can be an always on thing but this… meh. I would rather have a title that says my rank on the Leaderboard as of Dec 2nd.

It is the same as a gold cape in the way I said it was… re read my post. Anyway I’ll restate it, the rare form of glorious armor has been handed out to players that have won major gw2 tournaments. Hmmm what does this remind u of…. kittening goldcapes, which indicated that the guilds or teams were skilled enough to win a major tournament.

in PvP

masskillerxploit.2165

If they handed it out for solo or team q purposes it would make it unlike goldcapes. (I think that’s what you thought)

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Want a special PvP armor?
Buy a new game with no rating, join PvP on 2 December for the first time with your main profession (like in main account), win a few matches in a row (at least 11), and BOOM! – you are number 1. Simple.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

If you don’t think they are, you have until Dec 2 to knock them out of the top 20

Some of these players statistics doesn’t even make sense. Compare the top 20 “skillful players” to the lower half of 700.
What’s most interesting, the top 10 player’s are not playing because there’s no -+ next to their rank. Am I missing something here?
http://i57.tinypic.com/352n3gl.png
http://i61.tinypic.com/2rz9ul0.jpg

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in PvP

Harbinger.8637

A better way to have handled this is not to have told people the cut off time. Just had stated it can happen anytime between Nov 17 and Dec 2. This would actually force people to keep playing soloq, and fight for those spots. Because as of now, the majority of players are just letting decay kick in and will wait until the last second to jump to the top.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

What I do see potentially happening is a surge of people who haven’t played SoloQ for a while coming in and getting a few wins and suddenly being in the top 5 (it happened to me several times). Basically just wait until a few hours before reset and jump in.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

What I do see potentially happening is a surge of people who haven’t played SoloQ for a while coming in and getting a few wins and suddenly being in the top 5 (it happened to me several times). Basically just wait until a few hours before reset and jump in.

Perfect answer. That is exactly what will happen. You are a wise person with deep thinking.

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

10/20 soloq leaders dont even have 100 wins. some have less than 10. “skill players in some regard” lol

This is clearly false. Anyone can look at the leaderboards and see that no one in the top 25 on either NA or EU has less than 10 wins.

Although…I am wondering why someone with 13 wins and 15 losses is #15 in EU….

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

This is clearly false. Anyone can look at the leaderboards and see that no one in the top 25 on either NA or EU has less than 10 wins.

Although…I am wondering why someone with 13 wins and 15 losses is #15 in EU….

I’ve seen that happen, though. And currently there are a lot of people with few games in the top 20, even if it isn’t less than 10.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

This leaderboard is an old system, the new leaderboard will work in a very different way, it won’t be easy to climb because you will need to play a lot to accumulate enough points to be in the top tier, winning few matches and be at the top it will be impossible with new leaderboards.

Consider this a little gift for 20 players with the actual system, it’s not a real measure if they are good players or not, everyone knows the actual leaderboard is pretty bad.

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Better wait for the update before complaining. Many players who didnt played for some time will relog shortly before update, play 1 match to regain their rating that dropped by decay, so the leaderboards will look completly different anyway…

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

@Josh Davis.6015

let’s guess Wakkey is not playing in the next days because he prepares himself for China and drop out of top 100 because of that. Is it fair not to give him the reward? He played over 3700 games. Won 80% .

Many players have not the time to play on weekend and on Dec 1 and they will drop out of top 100.

This is not fair if someone played for years and only because he has no time playing for 3 days he will get nothing.

in PvP

Harbinger.8637

This is how it’s going to look come Tuesday.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage