SoloQ is so stressful!!!

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Playing three matches SoloQ tonight after being introduced. It is so horrible. People still run in Zerg, team has no idea to rez down members, people run into zerg, paired with some rabbit rank, and a lot of other things,etc…. How is this different that hotjoin? And now we have all the SoloQ leaderboard and stuff? In my experience so far, Hotjoin right now, rather than more enjoyable than SoloQ in Tournament, at least we don’t have to worry about our Ranks and don’t feel bad for losing.

Sorry for the rant!!!

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

10 queues to get rating (dunno if this applies to soloq too) and the matchmaking needs rating. So, no1 has rating atm. Give the system a bit time.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: ThatShortGuy.4672

ThatShortGuy.4672

Yeah it’s going to suck for awhile but I’d like to think people will learn SoloQ is not Hot Join and start acting like a team.

That Cloaked One / That Phantom Memser / That Dark One
ThatShortGuy.com

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Hard to do so unless they were at least in a team once before.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

still at work…. are there some commands implemented?

does anyone know where to find the solo leaderboards?
is it confirmed that you need 10 matches to get rating?

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

I would say you should be at least rank 25-30 before you can join Solo Arena.. I mean that’s being lenient considering LoL requires you to be level 30 before you can do Solo Arena.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

You are going to lose as much as you win in SoloQ…that’s pretty much by design.

And until most people play and get a SoloQ rating, it’s going to swing wildly.

Plus, it will take a few days for all the hotjoiners to try it, and for all the people who think they can win a match by zerging in a clump to find out they cannot, and drop out back to hotjoin.

Don’t worry yet about the leaderboards. They won’t really mean anything for a few weeks. It will take time to show your ability to help a random team.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Solo queue was always going to be like this. Its five totally random people thrown together and Im sure more people are coming back to tpvp for this so even more newbies. Only you can control the level of frustration you feel. All you can do is play your best. How is it different from hotjoin? Its guaranteed to be 5v5, there will be rating to put you with similar skill level players, and there will be a leaderboad. All the people that acted like there would be tons of strategy discussion in the 2 minute wait time and people switching to needed builds etc that was always mostly a pipe dream this is a free for all lol. Try to play the right way and hope you have a couple of people on your side who will do the same and you’ll probably win. There will be plenty of horrible matches for everyone.

(edited by Kwll.1468)

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

Understand that if you’re good then you will get to that rating that you deserve so long as you have a 51% win ratio. But a rank requirement is necessary, there should be no argument on this part so that Solo Que can potentially become less frustrating if they implement something like this RIGHT AFTER they bring infrastructure on what it takes to win games.

They might have to get rid of hot-joins and make custom arenas free before they can make Solo Que a little less frustrating though.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

I knew posts like this would pop up as soon as SoloQ was released. What did you guys expect from soloq? Perfect teams with perfect compositions with perfect players that know exactly what they’re supposed to be doing?

Hey by all means, if you have an idea of how to achieve that for solo que I’m sure we would all like to hear it, including A-net. Adjust your expectations to reality and stop crying or just stop playing. Solo que is always like this, always has been and always will be. Worrying about dropping your rank also – your problem. I don’t care about my rank. All I care about is that I know, when I join a solo que that I won’t play against premades. That’s what soloque offers, that’s what it’s supposed to offer, and I’m satisfied with it.

Also an answer to “Give us Real PvP” guy above.
- get a team.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

this is why the top 1 of the Solo Q leaderboards will be meaningful because that means she/he endured/surpassed all these kittens.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Stealth.9324

We don’t expect a perfect players or a perfect Compositions. We know the risks of being soloQ before and I myself was soloQ before could put together a perfect team. However, we expect Decent Players with us, know what they are doing, can pull their whole weights in 1v1 situation, know when and where to go, rez people,know to guard point. Not Rabbit Rank to against another team, not a stupid one stand there and see your mates get stomped while doing auto attack, not follow us around in zerg. I would rather do Hotjoin than doing SoloQ with all Hotjoin faulty.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

MMR is good but i’m thinking that SoloQ is like the Random Arenas of GW1. you get paired with anyone.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Psychogene.6780

Psychogene.6780

Just tried soloQ myself. Got grouped with a ‘first game ever’ pvper in skyhammer (is this suppose to be in tournament rotation?) – we lost 480/500 which wasn’t so bad. Maybe could have won if people actually knew what the skyhammer was …. the new player didn’t even know what score wins the game lol ….

It does feel at this very moment a glorified more organised hotjoin but I guess after the feature does not become new anymore we will see those that are actually there to pvp seperate from those just trying it out to see what it is like.

(edited by Psychogene.6780)

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Pvp just became available anywhere in the world + no1 has a rating as of yet. This results in a very yolo queue atm. Give it time to settle.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

It’s been eye opening that’s for sure. I thought it was bad when I tanked down to the 80% bracket.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Glass cannons rely on a strong team to let them free cast DPS for huge kill pts.

When the team is average or weak, they cannot do it and they tend to rage, I have noticed.

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

It’s like no one on this forum ever played a game with solo queue before lol.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

It’s like no one on this forum ever played a game with solo queue before lol.

Why deal with stuff when you can go on the forum and complain about it? And they say give the people what they want.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: yolosmurf.8052

yolosmurf.8052

I think right now because of the number of people starting to play you just get matched with a lotta noobs.

Wait with playing until soloq matchmaking has settled -then carry your team until you get to good opponents

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Minze.7065

Minze.7065

I feel like old tournament queue but not facing premades..So its all fine yet, let it grow..escpecially balancing leaderboards to come..

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Remember: matchmaking is a bit messy because the solo leaderboards are new. Once player rating settles in a few days, teams should get more balanced.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

is no one happy new players are trying pvp, surely it’s good for the game

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Most of you guys have this dead on. It will take some time for ratings to settle and MMR to improve.

Many players from our community asked us to create SoloQ to give players from hot join a next step up into how competitive PvP plays. For many people who only know the less structured mode of hot join this will be a training ground to develop them into competitive team players.

The best thing that you guys can do as our more advanced players is to help coach and guide these raw recruits with some strategy tips in team chat. Have patience with them. I’ve been playing this morning and have seen some amazing players really step up and do this. Our community never ceases to impress me with how awesome you all can be.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Schlieffen.2054

Schlieffen.2054

I knew posts like this would pop up as soon as SoloQ was released. What did you guys expect from soloq? Perfect teams with perfect compositions with perfect players that know exactly what they’re supposed to be doing?

Hey by all means, if you have an idea of how to achieve that for solo que I’m sure we would all like to hear it, including A-net. Adjust your expectations to reality and stop crying or just stop playing. Solo que is always like this, always has been and always will be. Worrying about dropping your rank also – your problem. I don’t care about my rank. All I care about is that I know, when I join a solo que that I won’t play against premades. That’s what soloque offers, that’s what it’s supposed to offer, and I’m satisfied with it.

Also an answer to “Give us Real PvP” guy above.
- get a team.

Agree with this. Solo Q rank might mean something after hundreds of matches, when the randomness of player skill begins to normalize for all the players who have played hundreds of matches. Until then, enjoy it for what it is: a chance for 5v5 without premades.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Now if you could just make it so I don’t get 4 matches in a row with only 4 on my team.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

Now if you could just make it so I don’t get 4 matches in a row with only 4 on my team.

Give it a few days and the quitters will begin to be weeded out. The dishonor system is a nice touch, and should help some.

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Won some, lost some. Love the map rotations. Love the random aspect. Had great experiences overall with it. Fantastic matches. I think the people who dislike it had unrealistic expectations. People will dc. You will face stacked teams. You will lose.

It’s everything I expected. Extremely fun. Sometimes challenging. Couldn’t thank the devs more. Lets see who the solo q heroes will be!

[SoF]

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Mikey.8129

Mikey.8129

I don’t see why you would be frustrated by your teammates in solo queue not doing exactly what you want them to do. What do you expect? It’s like Random Arena in Guild Wars 1 which was awesome for chilling out and practicing your class.

However, one way to stop the “zerg” mentality could be to make the glory point bonus for winning far greater than from simply “glory point farming” in a zerg (rushing points and killing 5v1) throughout the match. Therefore players will be more inclined to defend or hold points and try to work together to win the game? Just an idea.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

I think this new addition is great for PvP, but I also think in time this will have a very bad impact on the whole concept of teamwork. Why gather a team of 5 friends, and wait for minutes on queue for some other team of 5 friends, when you can simply join solo and get the same PvP reward faster with SoloQ?
I expected something more interesting, something that stimulates the idea of teamwork with combos, not something that encourages solo-play.
In my opinion the old PvP system was better, because it encouraged players to make teams in order to have a much better chance of winning. Now the PvP game is just easier and faster to consume.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Edo Tensei.8254

Edo Tensei.8254

Most of you guys have this dead on. It will take some time for ratings to settle and MMR to improve.

Many players from our community asked us to create SoloQ to give players from hot join a next step up into how competitive PvP plays. For many people who only know the less structured mode of hot join this will be a training ground to develop them into competitive team players.

The best thing that you guys can do as our more advanced players is to help coach and guide these raw recruits with some strategy tips in team chat. Have patience with them. I’ve been playing this morning and have seen some amazing players really step up and do this. Our community never ceases to impress me with how awesome you all can be.

sorry but i have one question , will the team arena leaderboards get resetet since there is now team arena and solo arena leaderboards? it would makes sense , because before the premades could farm the randoms.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I played my first solo que.

My team had 3 players. There’s had the full 5.
I was the highest ranked player on team being rank 29. Their teams lowest ranked player was 36.
We Had an additional player join us bringing our number to 4. They left instantly.
The downstate took 15 seconds to respawn with a 20 second load screen.

My first match was my last. Why would I wanna play this?, in hopes that next time it maybe better? These problems have been known about for ages from Tpvp. It looks like their going to continue giving me fair reason to just not want to play.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

They should add a regular ol’ Team Deathmatch stomp fest for solo Q.

Having the ENTIRE MATCH decided for you because a moron is petting his kitten for a second or two is beyond aggravating.

Give us Real PvP.

Because a moron petting his kitten wouldn’t lose you the Team DM.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

The problem is: We have no rating yet cause ArenaNet made the mistake and copied the old leaderboards and tatings to the new TeamArena leaderboard but forgot to copy it to the SoloArena leadearboard. So everyone starts new and unrated.

Don’t know why they made that huge mistake. Since most of the players at old system solo queued(and only a small percentage of selected professionals formed premade teams) they should have done it the other way round… or at least copy the leaderboards(and rating) to both).

Or at least the rating only(if this is possible).

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I played my first solo que.

My team had 3 players. There’s had the full 5.
I was the highest ranked player on team being rank 29. Their teams lowest ranked player was 36.
We Had an additional player join us bringing our number to 4. They left instantly.
The downstate took 15 seconds to respawn with a 20 second load screen.

My first match was my last. Why would I wanna play this?, in hopes that next time it maybe better? These problems have been known about for ages from Tpvp. It looks like their going to continue giving me fair reason to just not want to play.

None of you in the match probably had any solo queue rating yet, because you need to play matches to be ranked. The Rank 36 could be a zerg chaser, and your Rank 15 could be someone who actually cares about winning the objective-based game.

I bet you don’t stay in many games long if getting 1 mismatch out of the gate makes you quit.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

solo q is alright,

i’ve played about 9 matches so far, and about half of them have have been pretty evenly matched and close fights… and then i’ve had matches like the last one i was in where the other team had 3 spirit rangers

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

solo q is alright,

i’ve played about 9 matches so far, and about half of them have have been pretty evenly matched and close fights… and then i’ve had matches like the last one i was in where the other team had 3 spirit rangers

1 type of class for each party , would cancel out the 3 of a kind in a party.
and after that the only thing left to do is make sure premade groups cant swindel there way into solo arena. then it would be just perfect

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

solo q is alright,

Yup I was in same game, you lost to them didn’t you?
Spirit rangers sooooo OP.
Our ranger wasn’t even spirit ranger lol, he a newb instead.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Give it a few days and the quitters will begin to be weeded out. The dishonor system is a nice touch, and should help some.

Only one quitter, and we won that one. One noshow, the game just started as 4v5. That one was rough because we went 490-500. One guy who didn’t know where he was or how he got there and sat in the spawn all game while we tried to explain. One disconnect from a winning game, could have quit but I doubt it.

Some drama between two guys on our team in the fourth one leading one of them to quit, but they only had 4 too, so we won.

Pretty kitten frustrating nonetheless, especially with glicko.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Oh man, so much stress… Imagine all the hemorrhoids that will be flaring.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.6145

Authority.6145

Soloque is one kitten big hotjoin family.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

galandor.1059

Yeah… after a few hours of play, I gotta admit, already tired of this soloQ system. It’s just bad the way it is atm, maybe in a week, or two, it will fix itself with the rankings, but then what happens to the good players who had bad luck, and are delegated to the bottom of the rankings, how can they ever make it back up? Idk, just had 3 matches in a row that I have been paired with teams of rank 5’s who honestly have no idea what their doing, and shouldn’t be in a tourny setting. Just a frustrating system so far, no consistency among quality of play, one game I will have a team who destroys the enemy, the next I have a team of rank 5’s who don’t even know why people are taking the points to begin with.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: sid.9870

sid.9870

Help and coach you say, John.
Don’t forget, that more advanced players, and their advices are considered a bad mannered and are either responded with trash talk or simply ignored.

This… doesn’t… work, and saying “you’re all awesome and such, just have some patience and bear with the ungrateful newbs, quitters, flamers and stubborn/tacticaly mindless people” is just like slap in the face.

Hi Im Sid,
Absolute Nonsense [prrr]

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Stealth.9324

Maybe this won’t happen if there is such a system in play where as you have to go through a tutorial, HAVE TO, explaining what is Conquest Modes, what you need to do, tips and insights, etc, simply put overall tutorial if you are first timer tourney. Each account only have to do it ONCE, applies for all toons.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

galandor.1059

Help and coach you say, John.
Don’t forget, that more advanced players, and their advices are considered a bad mannered and are either responded with trash talk or simply ignored.

This… doesn’t… work, and saying “you’re all awesome and such, just have some patience and bear with the ungrateful newbs, quitters, flamers and stubborn/tacticaly mindless people” is just like slap in the face.

I was fighting a rank 13 Ranger today in the soloQ whom told me I was a no good, no skilled trash warrior because I skull cracked and 100 blades hit him into the ground. I simply suggested that he try out spirit Ranger, as they are extremely viable, he told me I didn’t know anything about the game and to kitten. I laughed, then proceeded as the game was out of hand, and my team down by 200 points, full of rank 5’s, to antagonize him the entire match, and ended up killing him around 6 times in the same manor of skull crack + 100 blades until he raged out of the game.

As for the learning grounds comments by the Dev, and be patient and teach them, I didn’t Q up to teach them how to play, that is what tutorials, hotjoins, and PvE are for, we go to the tourny’s for competitive competition, not to teach people. IDK if that went into the thought processing of the aNet devs, but if it did, you should sit down and reevaluate your thought processing on the soloQ and fix this hot garbage, because instead of enticing the solo community to play, your either making us turn off our computers and hit up real life, que up for the team matches, or go straight for PvE.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

He’s not saying you have to teach them. You’re making it sound like that’s what he implied. He said to offer adbice, strategy and/or insight and if they listen then great and if not its just a random solo q so don’t take it too seriously.

The people I hear complaining seem to just be venting their frustrations with the occasional mismatched game or people not playing or doing exactly what they hope they want them to do.

[SoF]

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

galandor.1059

Maybe my luck just sucks, 6 matches, 2 4v5’s, 3 teams of rank 10 and below, 300+ point blow outs, and 1 win.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

I do not know: is MMR stored per character or per account?

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Socram.6587

Socram.6587

Per Account. The leaderboard shows the character that was last logged in.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

solo q? haha. now I can’t play with friend, coz we wait 15-20 min for 1 team arena game. lot’s of people just think hotjoin=solo q. they can dance/afk/go smoke…etc. they can leave, because solo q don’t punish leavers. they think solo q is the same as hotjoin with better reward. well.

rank? ~20 rank vs ~40 rank players. great
sync game when people just join at command and play together as premade in SOLO q. premades in solo. big deal, hah

solo q – one of the biggest faild at pvp right now.