Split Solo Q and premade ..yeah wright

in PvP

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

Solo que revisions are on the horizon guys, hang tight. I can’t give an exact date (that gets me in trouble), but it’s is on its way.

Last time they said soon … ( around 5-6 montsh ago , that was also last time i played a tournie)

1 – Seeing you cant reach a horizon , does that mean its never gone happen ? …

2 – Should all the casual players quit the game so devs could see the importants of a split before its to late ?

3 – and finally WHY isnt it done yet ? could be done in a hotfix if they wanted to ….

I would realy like devs to respond why its taking more then half a year…. and i’m probebly not the only 1 that wants a answer to this.

and not a soon / maybe / horizon / non of those crap endless answers will work .

cheerz Tripp

Ps if you support a soloQ / premade group split , i suggest you make your own topic , so devs cant just ignore it.

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

The reason why they haven’t split it is fairly obvious. The queue times are already substantial, imagine how long the queue times for premades would be if they split he queues. They need a healthier PvP tournament population before this is likely to happen.

Casuals can do hotjoins anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

The reason why they haven’t split it is fairly obvious. The queue times are already substantial, imagine how long the queue times for premades would be if they split he queues. They need a healthier PvP tournament population before this is likely to happen.

I’d like to think A-net is smarter than that. The single largest reason why the tPvP population is consistently shrinking is the lack of legitimate solo-que. If they want a healthy population, then having solo-que is a requirement, not something that you throw in later, because the population will not suddenly reverse its course without it. Would pre-made que times increase upon implementation? Yep, sure would. The reality is that in order to create a healthy enough level of population for team ques to work a legitimate solo-que must first exist. Without it full pre-made teams are just bashing newcomers on the head until they quit tPvP further exacerbating the low population problem and que time durations.

Hot Joins are not the answer. They are a contributor to the problem. Hot Join rewards bad play instead of teaching sound tactics. The correct answer is to introduce legitimate solo-que and eliminate Hot Join at the same time. It would consolidate the sPvP population resulting in a much higher level of activity in tourney play solo-que. Eventually the higher level of activity in solo-que play would naturally generate more teams in que and alleviate the issue of long que times for teams.

I won’t speculate on why it has taken so long to put in a legit solo-que, but I am willing to state flatly that it should not have taken this long, and that it is more likely a resource allocation issue than a hidden motive as you suggest.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I’m hoping that the fact it takes so long is because they want to launch it together with the reward overhaul and such.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Void.4239

Void.4239

I’d like to think A-net is smarter than that. The single largest reason why the tPvP population is consistently shrinking is the lack of legitimate solo-que. If they want a healthy population, then having solo-que is a requirement, not something that you throw in later, because the population will not suddenly reverse its course without it. Would pre-made que times increase upon implementation? Yep, sure would. The reality is that in order to create a healthy enough level of population for team ques to work a legitimate solo-que must first exist. Without it full pre-made teams are just bashing newcomers on the head until they quit tPvP further exacerbating the low population problem and que time durations.

Hot Joins are not the answer. They are a contributor to the problem. Hot Join rewards bad play instead of teaching sound tactics. The correct answer is to introduce legitimate solo-que and eliminate Hot Join at the same time. It would consolidate the sPvP population resulting in a much higher level of activity in tourney play solo-que. Eventually the higher level of activity in solo-que play would naturally generate more teams in que and alleviate the issue of long que times for teams.

I won’t speculate on why it has taken so long to put in a legit solo-que, but I am willing to state flatly that it should not have taken this long, and that it is more likely a resource allocation issue than a hidden motive as you suggest.

couldn’t have said it any better.
i just hope it doesn’t take another 6 months

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

I’m hoping that the fact it takes so long is because they want to launch it together with the reward overhaul and such.

By the time they’ll introduce the reward system..there will be no player left to enjoy it

in PvP

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

People will continue to play rated premade tournaments if real rewards are added.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Solo queue is definitely on the horizon. What everyone has been playing now will become ‘Team Arena’ (group queue), and we will additionally add a ‘Solo Arena’ (solo queue). The ratings will be split, and each will have their own leaderboard. We’re also planning on shipping a couple other long-standing requests with Solo Arena that many have been waiting for. A blog post will go into details about everything.

Rewards are high on our list. We’ve been coordinating with other teams, as it has a game-wide impact. They will certainly take some time to complete and you should expect to see Solo Arena much sooner.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

butch.8136

What are the other long-standing requests that aren’t reward overhaul and not balancing?

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

What are the other long-standing requests that aren’t reward overhaul and not balancing?

HA and GvG.

Just kiddin’.

E-sports

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

Solo queue is definitely on the horizon. What everyone has been playing now will become ‘Team Arena’ (group queue), and we will additionally add a ‘Solo Arena’ (solo queue). The ratings will be split, and each will have their own leaderboard. We’re also planning on shipping a couple other long-standing requests with Solo Arena that many have been waiting for. A blog post will go into details about everything.

Rewards are high on our list. We’ve been coordinating with other teams, as it has a game-wide impact. They will certainly take some time to complete and you should expect to see Solo Arena much sooner.

I don’t need anymore convincing other than that. Nice to see that there will be a separate leaderboard for the two different queues. Now I wonder what these other “long-standing” requests are.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

butch.8136

Reward overhaul has a game-wide impact. So this means we will get stuff that are valuable to the game overall? Because atm everything is really hard split except for maybe the occasional dye. So we can expect rewards usable/sellable outside pvp?

Other long-standing requests: MaT’s? (but that’s not really a popular requested feature), other game modes? (not gonna happen, I think), balancing/map changes? (Balancing isn’t worth mentioning as a long-standing request as it is always requested, so maybe a few map changes?), in-game commands that were talked about?,…. I really don’t know? :/

Anyone has any ideas?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Ooh, the mystery. :P

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

HA and GvG.

Just kiddin’.

E-sports

This post is cruel.
You ruined my day :’(

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Get ready for solo arena syncers…and people unwilling to play when vs their friends or with a team composition they dislike.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

some days ago was a blog whats coming in second half 2013

and from pvp was:
- SoloQ
- Rewards
- more mapTYPES (noone know for new maps or modes)

and some other things….

in other postings they said they work on:
- Templates (pvp only)
- maby talk bout the lfg system they bring for pve in 2013 for pvp too

when i forgot something …. just post

BUT i hope it will be latest next month and not in next 6 months … atleast for SoloQ

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Global Mists? Or as Evan asked some days ago, maybe districts for the Mists? :P

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I’m all total kitten PvE carebear and stuff, and even I’d love to know why this is taking such an unglodly amount of time to happen? At this rate Halflife3 will beat it. And it’s not like PvP is completely ignored obviously… there’s more skill balance changes (and always has been for 6 out of the 8 years this franchise was running) than ANY of us in PvE were wanting to see every month or every couple of months.

And those changes aren’t all just XLS document revisions… no, some of those involve writing completely new code. Or atleast linking with a mess of other complex code. Yet something like Skill-Splits that SHOULD only require changing a 0 to a 1 and adding another field below it…. we never see any of those, unless it was for the warrior maybe and even then it wasn’t NEARLY enough of them to balance them between PvP & PvE obviously…

And then add to that… the FACT, yes this is still a FACT, Anet has some of the best Coders and Netcoders especially in the industry. This isn’t lip service b/c I’m obviously ripping on them pretty hard for everything else they’re NOT DOING but should be. No look at SoE for example… Sooooo much money still, so much hype, yet their new propriety Game Engine (that’s supposed to be a rip off of Cry-Engine but for 250+ players in a single area) Is a complete joke with Culling Problems compared to what Habib accomplished with this engine in WvW. And what does Sony do in response to their conglomorate-wide crap coding standards?? They put out a new Console instead that’s literally just a top-end PC disguised as a Console. And strike more marketing deals with PC hardware makers to keep pushing their playerbase into just buying more and more “latest hardware” that still gags on their awful coding.

So yeah, this is a total mystery. …. why these really simple little missing pieces of code persist …when stuff like complete overhauls of the U.I., Databases, & game-engine themselves have been arriving on a regular basis all year long.

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

Yeah giving PVPers some rewards will have a huge impact…..My god you stole rewards from players 6-7 month ago. There is real no incentive despite the combat system to play this game…a better rewards system should have been introduced yesterday…But yeah Achievement point rewards were much more necessary. Hail to the PVE.

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Easily the longest requested feature next to solo queues is dueling. People have been asking for dueling since BWE #1.

Get ready for solo arena syncers…and people unwilling to play when vs their friends or with a team composition they dislike.

Queue syncing is incredibly easy to curb. All you have to do alternate player/team.

Player 1 queues -> Team 1
Player 2 queues -> Team 2
Player 3 queues -> Team 1

Etc.

If your group of 5 friends queue at the same time, there is a strong chance your group will be split and you’ll be playing against your friends.

Another solution is to just take the first 10 players then randomize what teams they’re put on.

in PvP

butch.8136

I’d say we have solo queue by the Pax tournament. You do not want to do an ‘in-house’ live tournament which is advertising itself without combining it with more marketing stuff and implementing this key feature ingame.

Anyway, as for the other long-standing requests…. What more have we asked for? Particle-slider?, more clear animations to allow more ‘skill’,…

in PvP

butch.8136

Dueling is another ‘mode’ and is pretty much ‘hotfixed’ with the arrival of CA. Imo, it’s the least important feature atm.

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Dueling is another ‘mode’ and is pretty much ‘hotfixed’ with the arrival of CA. Imo, it’s the least important feature atm.

I disagree, but I’m not in the eSports camp. Dueling is probably the most important thing to this game to get people interested in sPvP (especially PvErs). Most people do not care about all this eSport shenanigans. You need only have played WoW to understand how dueling fosters a community and gets people involved in PvP.

Edit:
By getting more people interested in PvP by dueling, more people may be interested in the eSports aspect.

(edited by Gilgamesh.2561)

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

You might want to hurry up and get that feature ready, unless you want a soloQ with no people left to queue in XD

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

Easily the longest requested feature next to solo queues is dueling. People have been asking for dueling since BWE #1.

Queue syncing is incredibly easy to curb. All you have to do alternate player/team.

Player 1 queues -> Team 1
Player 2 queues -> Team 2
Player 3 queues -> Team 1

Etc.

If your group of 5 friends queue at the same time, there is a strong chance your group will be split and you’ll be playing against your friends.

Another solution is to just take the first 10 players then randomize what teams they’re put on.

Even this system can be gamed by players wishing to violate the intent of a single queue system: A group of three players wishing to end up on the same team has a 12.5% chance of landing on the same side if they target a single match. If they immediately quit a game where they don’t end up on the same side, they can retry with a new match. On average, once every eight times they should hit a combo they like. I would hope that people who were so inclined could stick to something like hot join, but it is human nature to look for ways of gaining an advantage.

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

That’s why this game flopped.
It takes A YEAR to say ‘on the horizon’ for things that are not only terribly easy to implement, but more importantly base line features that are always thrown in BEFORE LAUNCH….

:’(

I’m sure you guys are working your hardest with the resources at hand, the tragic part is just that it is waaaay too little/inefficient.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

You know this is only making it worse?

Why keep saying “high on our list” when the fact sheet doesn’t even show?
Why keep making “will do”, “will certainly take some time” and “already in the plans since” last year while not doing much about it?

and Solo Q is nothing new. It has been requested since game launch and you missed the best possible time to implement. It’s like you’re not going to do it anyway…

please…just stop pretending that we players are some impatient whiners.
Just because there are no games like GW2 out there at the moment doesn’t mean you can “take your time”

You want us players to learn to have “patience” like you…..PAX is well on the near horizon and honestly, it’s quite impressive that you continue the “chilling around” attitude like this……

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

(edited by Ferik.3127)

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

And what about cases when 4 ppl premade joins queue? They will get +1 solo player? Or team arena means that only 5 ppl premade can join?

What about premades of 2 people? I often play with my friend, but i really really don’t want to play against premades of 4. In my opinion 4 ppl premade + 1 random is much stronger that 2+3 premades.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

And what about cases when 4 ppl premade joins queue? They will get +1 solo player? Or team arena means that only 5 ppl premade can join?

What about premades of 2 people? I often play with my friend, but i really really don’t want to play against premades of 4. In my opinion 4 ppl premade + 1 random is much stronger that 2+3 premades.

They didn’t say that solo players will be forced to play in the soloQ. They might well be allowed to participate in the team arena and get matched in a 4-1 or 2-2-1 or 3-1-1 team for example.

Also, you are 4 already, just shout a little in the mists to get your 5th! Shouldn’t be too hard and you get more chances to pick a class you like.

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Ooh, the mystery. :P

Não é misterio nenhum xD
Eles falaram em opções para as custom arenas, por ex para se porem admins etc

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

^Pensei que fossem funcionalidades relacionadas com o solo queue.

Solo queue is definitely on the horizon. What everyone has been playing now will become ‘Team Arena’ (group queue), and we will additionally add a ‘Solo Arena’ (solo queue).

Ever considered calling the solo queue ‘Random Arena’, as it was in GW1? :P

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Just fuse NA and EU already for s-tpvp so you can split solo and premades making, maybe, a decent world ladder also…can join with 5 ppl full premade or SOLO only, no 3+2pug and stuff…premades or solo, 2 world ladders and gg….easy? Yes. kittens given to this and pvp in general? 0

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

Another patch comes, another month without solo que has passed.

Just fuse NA and EU already for s-tpvp so you can split solo and premades making, maybe, a decent world ladder also…can join with 5 ppl full premade or SOLO only, no 3+2pug and stuff…premades or solo, 2 world ladders and gg….easy? Yes. kittens given to this and pvp in general? 0

Lag issues disagree with you

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Especially lag is really bad for any fast-paced game. However they finally could merge Heart of the Mists together in a Region-wide server, instead of 30 different servers, without even providing a proper-lfg tool. So many possible pug-grps can’t form due to that split.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Just because there are no games like GW2 out there at the moment doesn’t mean you can “take your time”

It would seem someone doesn’t understand how the real world works, actually there’s a few of you in here who seem to be doctorate wielding game programmers with nothing better to do than tell us all about how easy something is to do.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Especially lag is really bad for any fast-paced game. However they finally could merge Heart of the Mists together in a Region-wide server, instead of 30 different servers, without even providing a proper-lfg tool. So many possible pug-grps can’t form due to that split.

I read somewhere it is a possibility but atm its being turned back by technical difficulties

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Sadly its almost too late for solo queue. I can’t wait to see the f’d up queue times once it’s in its going to be wretched.

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

The single largest reason why the tPvP population is consistently shrinking is the lack of legitimate solo-que.

Bingo

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: Godofallu.2935

Godofallu.2935

Another response without a timeline. Oh goodie.

Proud GW2 Esports Guild Admin and Coach. Whisper me for duels, help, or guild invites.

in PvP

Gandarel.5091

Sadly its almost too late for solo queue. I can’t wait to see the f’d up queue times once it’s in its going to be wretched.

If there would be rewards for teamque and soloque ratings ppl would play.

Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Even this system can be gamed by players wishing to violate the intent of a single queue system: A group of three players wishing to end up on the same team has a 12.5% chance of landing on the same side if they target a single match. If they immediately quit a game where they don’t end up on the same side, they can retry with a new match. On average, once every eight times they should hit a combo they like. I would hope that people who were so inclined could stick to something like hot join, but it is human nature to look for ways of gaining an advantage.

The thing is, that will cut out the vast, vast, vast majority of people who are willing to sync ques.
Most people aren’t willing to jump around instances for 10 minutes just to get around the group que kitten.