Spvp balancing suggestion: Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

Quickness/Haste/Frenzy I believe is the main issue most players have with certain classes. One of the largest complaints I see on forums is X class burst me down in Y seconds, and usually its due to a burst build using a speed steroid such as warriors with frenzy+ 100b or the general burst of a thief with quickness.

I believe with the removal of these skills some classes that actually could use buffs in their burst capability could receive them, and Thieves could receive less hate, and nerfs. (Though even with this removal back stab will still be a huge controversial subject of hate)

This is just my opinion and a suggestion, feel free to post thoughts on the subject.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rythgar.2896

Rythgar.2896

This has been requested by the community since the first beta weekend but it seems like Anet loves their game breaking mechanics too much

In my opinion the quickness abilities bring nothing but hate and unbalance. Any idiot can pop quickness before doing their 2 button mash of a burst. But what the quickness does on the whole “counter it” side of the matter is that it complicates it a hundred times over. Quickness ruins builds that is just fine in theory/on paper. Why add steroids to a adrenaline fight?

Remove quickness and I dare say that the complaints about burst would drop by 90%. Burst would still be a high amount of damage under a short amount of time and longer frequency, but would actually be manageable. Not the case now. And near every imbalance thread is about how a thief or warrior can dish out 1-3 times your HP in 1 quickness, these would vanish the same moment quickness did.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mufa.1326

Mufa.1326

Disagree strongly….
There are two cases:
1. Haste + CC (where by CC i mean stun/knockdown or Immobilize)
and
2. Haste only and you are not CC-ed

For case 2: Haste animation is clear…dodge away or pop invul (skill or util), ‘blink’ away. All those should be on lower cooldown than thief or warrior hastes (which are about 60sec cooldowns and carry significant defensive penalities). Hastes last 3-4 sec, it is a long long time, you can react easily within first 0.5sec.

For case 1: If you are CC-ed you need to have CC breaker (stun/immobilize breakers). If you did not bring them into fight then better dodge CC or avoid it in some other manner. If you get hit with it and did not bring CC breaker, you deserve to die. It is cheaper to bring CC breaker (1 utility) than to attempt CC+haste combos (2 utilities). So by bringing CC breaking utility into the fight and using it appropriately, you actually win over those who waste 2 utilities for the chance to 1-shot bad players every 60 seconds. It is easy to react to stun within fraction of a second you just need to have tools.
People simply do not bring necessary tools to the fight, want to maximize the dmg, and then complain about other glass cannon killing them in 2sec.

Soko D Medo

in Suggestions

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Remove Quickness = 5 bunker teams a-go-go.

Remove Quickness = Extravagantly buff up Warriors to compensate = more QQing = Nothing solved.

Has anyone ever died to a Warrior without Quickness before? It’s impossible. It’s like fighting an opponent without arms and legs. They can’t get anything done without Quickness.

(edited by zone.1073)

in Suggestions

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

Although I have posted a similar thread to this wanting them to remove quickness from the game I have come to the conclusion (based on the feedback I got and experience) that it is important for some professions like the warrior (warriors are basically useless without it) so I would suggest an improvement to the downside of using it:

-When using quickness, you get all 3 consequences (no health or endurance regen, take 50% more damage and the 3rd one i forgot what it was) so people will think twice before popping it and use it more carefully.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

Remove Quickness = Extravagantly buff up Warriors to compensate = more QQing = Nothing solved.

Has anyone ever died to a Warrior without Quickness before? It’s impossible. It’s like fighting an opponent without arms and legs. They can’t get anything done without Quickness.

Which is an extremely stupid way to balance classes.

The problem with quickness is what you identified – either classes have to be balanced TO quickness, in which case they suck the other 95% of the time, or they have to be balanced WITHOUT quickness, in which case they are OP during that 5% window.

The solution is to remove quickness and rebalance accordingly, not keep a broken mechanic that results in bad gameplay.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

I laughed when I read about a warrior not getting anything done without quickness, cause that isn’t true at all.

Quickness needs to go, it just makes skills that are otherwise not an issue a problem. Re-balancing without it around would be simpler and allow for some more interesting and useful skills.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

I laughed when I read about a warrior not getting anything done without quickness, cause that isn’t true at all.

Quickness needs to go, it just makes skills that are otherwise not an issue a problem. Re-balancing without it around would be simpler and allow for some more interesting and useful skills.

Lol let’s be realistic here, warriors suck.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nimraphel.7819

Nimraphel.7819

Wait, so quickness is broken but invulnerability-on-demand at shorter CD’s are fine? Wow.

L2p issue here. Quickness is easily countered. Hell, against warriors, already one of the weakest competitive pvp classes, quickness is more often than not their own death sentence.

in Suggestions

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Agree, this ruins the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

or just rescale toughness which can save a lot of damage reduction problems.

Pineapples

in Suggestions

Posted by: QtHman.9510

QtHman.9510

Why would you remove it? quickness is what this game is all about we dont want no slow motion stuff here…..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Why would you remove it? quickness is what this game is all about we dont want no slow motion stuff here…..

Because without quickness skills can be raised in both damage, activation/ channel speed/ and function without resulting in game breaking combos. Stuff like pistolwhip and 100 blades can be gasp non gimmicky skills.

Don’t look at it in a vacuum, look at the bigger picture here, removing quickness allows for other things to be boosted to compensate.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Quickness actually improves things, as it should be used tactically. I hope they’ll never remove it

in Suggestions

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

I think the main problem with frenzy occurs when you’re fighting somebody and then a third person comes in, activates frenzy, and proceeds to destroy you in 3 seconds or less. Because you don’t have that third person targeted, you can’t see his frenzy buff.

Yes it’s easier to tell when it’s a giant norn with a huge great sword, but when it’s a tiny asura with little daggers and it’s a bit tricky. Perhaps frenzy should give off some type of visual cue like a lightning flash.

All this is exacerbated by the many spell effects that are already happening because you are in the middle of a fight. O and of course there are the myriad of NPC pets cluttering the screen

(edited by gwawer.9805)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

That’s why toughness should be rescale for those who spec for high defense should not worry about this. Only glass cannon players have to worry because they have low defense.

Pineapples

in Suggestions

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

This. Warrior is bad even WITH Quickness if it’s a team fight. They just explode as soon as they hit Frenzy, unless they pop EP first.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Prelude.3817

Prelude.3817

What I don’t get in the concept is why every class doesn’t have equal amount of access to it.
It’s giving only certain classes access to an easy <2 sec TTK.
Talk about balance…

in Suggestions

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Feel free to remove quickness from other classes, just leave it for rangers. We can’t burst anyone down in 2-3 seconds anyway, even with quickness.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user