Stop making MAPS and give us MODES

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

Lol some people think GvG has more esport potential than conquest kk

Lol conquest has been here for over a year and what does it have to show for it…… a petting zoo hahaha

Gvg is popular and is building up fast. anet should capitalize on it instead of being stubborn and sticking with what they think works.

GvG doesnt have anything to show for it, except for GvG’ers saying GvG is awesome and growing without any sort of proof. GvG (20v20 like you play it) will have the same problems of spvp plus even MORE clutter! But whatever, keep thinking GvG has any sort of potential…

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

what if GvG is 8 vs 8 like how guild wars 1 is, and has actual guild halls with multiple paths to victory?

in PvP

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Lol “what if” clearly that’s the only real direction to go. It just makes sense when you think it through. 20 v 20, I’m sure, will have a place as there is popular demand. But that’s not G v G per se, it’s more like Train v Train. I think train v train guilds would be great, for example, at capping points in wvw until those special snowflakes get their own sandbox to play in.

Still, conquest is just, it’s best most balanced gameplay you’re going to get. It isn’t just esports, its a good game. More people should play it because it’s fun.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in PvP

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

I’m not sure what agenda people have in being so obstinate against other game modes. Having several options is a good thing. If you are fine with only playing conquest then so be it, but for the most part the community would like other game modes too.

And let’s be clear, this is all for fun. Deathmode or any other mode likely won’t be integrated in Tpvp. Conquest works fine atm for Tpvp and until there’s data about the other game modes, then there may be things added to Tpvp.

You won’t know unless you give it a chance.

in PvP

Chopps.5047

I don’t think anyone is against options, are they? So long as they’re reasonable and fulfill goals.

in PvP

Expansive.3716

I don’t think anyone is against options, are they? So long as they’re reasonable and fulfill goals.

Don’t be naive Chopps. You see the posts and there’s been some threads about people against the idea of adding modes as well.

But i’m not here to argue, as i’m simply saying that when Anet adds the game modes then it draws in more people. The more people, the better. And if one wants to only play conquest, they can do that, but if another person only likes to play another game mode then they can do that too.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

up the rewards and we’ll see more ppl coming in

in PvP

Chopps.5047

Ok if you say so expansive. I always thought the so called gvgers took flak for camping queue in wvw and not actually playing for tick during that timeslot they have to play, instead doing an egotistical, self serving, never ending league that only certain people have the privelge to particpate in. And the fact that it has no objectives, it’s just…you don’t even stop to stomp, you burst a player to 0 life. So you know my bias. But I’m not against a game mode that people want to play. I bet the snowflakes get their precious sandbox where we can lock them up in “train v train” land. Hehe

in PvP

Expansive.3716

I see what you’re saying and understand. But I think that it’s time that there’s other types of modes that people can play. But from what the devs have said, it sounds like they are going to prevent some of the things you mentioned.

I just want to see the game grow. I to would like to see more rewards too. Especially if we could get rewards that transfer from pvp to pve.

in PvP

Chopps.5047

I think the train v train box should have a collapsing wall, shrinking the dimensions of the court over time. No one has time for a boring 20 min 20 v 20 circle shark patterns. Lets have some traps and triggers! Crazy stuff! Lol, make it interesting. Or have a flat plane with no terrain if thats what you chumps want to play.

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I think the train v train box should have a collapsing wall, shrinking the dimensions of the court over time. No one has time for a boring 20 min 20 v 20 circle shark patterns. Lets have some traps and triggers! Crazy stuff! Lol, make it interesting. Or have a flat plane with no terrain if thats what you chumps want to play.

20vs20 is far too many darn people. If it’s going to be zerg vs zerg, keep it for WvW. However, I’m all for 10vs10 ( at max ) with objectives ( not capturing nodes please ).

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

10 vs 10 assault and defend mode

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

All we really need is a team deathmatch. It works well for the types of classes in this game.

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

SWTOR sucked….but Huttball anyone?

in PvP

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

huttball = esports

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

are people seriously asking for 10v10 and 15v15? Lol? Less is more, the less people playing vs eachother the more enjoyable the combat (down to a number of 3)

if you want the current gw2 GvG crowd to come in and save whatever esport hope this game has yes make it at least 15v15

Luckily we dont want them lol. Dont need people that are so disillusioned they believe a 15v15 will be more enjoyable to watch, and easier to follow than this already messy 5v5. Soccer, yes im EU, is 11v11 and all the viewer has to track is a white ball. Which already pushes the limits of the target audience.

Jon its great to have a little heads up. I hope development goes well and that during testing you keep in mind some problems can be fixed with a little balance changes that could just as well positively affect conquest, and that new game modes should bring in a lot of people that have gotten bored of the game while you ‘split the playerbase’. Its also not like most people will play just 1 mode exclusively either.

Better easier rank ups wont hurt either but that does nothing if i dont feel like showing it off because im bored/ balance sucks.

in PvP

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

As we’ve said before, we also want to be sure we don’t put out too many, and split up the players too much, while putting out enough so that you guys have variety.

Well, i think players are splitted already at PvP/PvE and WvW so there shouldnt be concerns about spliting players at PvP, if i want play DM i play DM, if i want to play Conquest i play that, right now, pvp has really small freedom,if u get that freedom to players, they will be doing what they want, where they have fun playing. In PvE, there are Jumping Puzzles,Dungeons,Living Story,Minigames,Crafting,World bosses,Fractals,explore, so this “spliting pvp players” shouldnt be problem, like in pve, everyone is doing what they have feelings to do

- What kind of new modes ? only something like DM ? or Capture the Flag, Some castle attacking/defending mode ?

- Dueling ?

- Bigger maps, HELL YES!!!! these maps we have now are small for full server, if u should make 2x, or even 3x bigger maps, these maps will be more tactic and position dependent than just runing around and capturing, i wanna to see 3x bigger map 10v10 it would be awesome, just like AB in wow.

Thanks fory reply Jonathan, i really apprecaite it

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Still, conquest is just, it’s best most balanced gameplay you’re going to get. It isn’t just esports, its a good game. More people should play it because it’s fun.

Hopefully that was sarcasm or parody about anet’s style of posting.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in PvP

Posted by: Chromosome.7498

Chromosome.7498

And why don’t make your news modes in open beta test ?
I think with all people who ask new mode, you will have some feedbacks and your new mode will be fixe faster than a closed beta test.
You know, if the community is angry, it’s because they like GW2, and they just want see grow up this game. And maybe if community contribute to the creation and the improvement to a new mode, the mentality can change. And the angry players can be change to player who invests.
Anet, you are on a good way, but we don’t want to wait too much !

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

Your are over-estimating team death match, anything with more than 2 vs 2 in this game is not watchable.

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

BTW, I’ve said this before but I would suggest checking out smites game modes.

They all would be really amazing in this game so your own version would be awesome and maybe convince many of my friends who quit nearly a year ago to reconsider if they were done well.

Also to your not wanting to split the player base. I don’t think that’s really a concern.

Theres two more realistic things to consider.

1. Players who prefer a game mode stick to that game mode, if that game mode is not present they do not play game, because they don’t like to play game modes they don’t like (aka, why tons of your players quit…adding a game mode they would have liked would increase population…people who still like 3 point cap maps would continue to play them).

2. If the new game mode is all around funner…EVERYONE will just switch to it minus a small minority.

So …really there is not a lose scenario. Either tons of people come to play the new mode and the people playing the old mode stick to it cause they like it more. Almost everyone switches to the new mode, and tons of players come back to play it and they all abandon the old mode. Which only means…you need to develop your E-sport over the more popular mode and finally quit wasting tons of your and OUR money and time on game modes no one really cares for.

Hope you understand i’m trying to be a positive critic while also not sugar coating things. Hope this helps.

in PvP

Posted by: kristof.7182

kristof.7182

As we’ve said before, we also want to be sure we don’t put out too many, and split up the players too much, while putting out enough so that you guys have variety.

I’m sure it’s an allusion to Guild Wars 1.
- Codex Arena died because it was kittenty and because you removed TA which was great for players without GvG-guilds.
- AB died because it was less-rewarded than JQ.
- RA died because: no monk = no win. Monk in op team = rez/quit/rage.
- You removed HB because it has no balance.

PvP in GW1 died because of balance with class and with rewards, not because there was too many modes.

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

We don’t want to just release a ton of new game modes, so the reason we don’t talk about all of them is we’re basically testing a lot of them, and then we’ll see which ones work the best together.

Why not make them available for players to test, make suggestions & judge their worth? Devs/QA are never going to do as good of a job as a mass of players. You could turn off rewards and make it a custom arena option.

downed state is bad for PVP

in PvP

Safire.9143

- Codex Arena died because it was kittenty and because you removed TA which was great for players without GvG-guilds.

PvP in GW1 died because of balance with class and with rewards, not because there was too many modes.

Very good point there, they shouldnt be worried about spliting comunity if they add popular modes like capture the flag, deathmatch, everybody loves these modes. i liked Gw1 pvp more than gw2, its funny they have “experience” from gw1 and theyre concerned about adding new things to gw2…. Well, theyr “experience from gw1” is little bit old, games are in different states as they was 10 years ago, ppls and players changed too, why i should play pvp game with 1 option when thers another game with 10 options (modes), all i can say, conquest mode is starting to be booring so time to wake up and do something.

- So we need :

- Completly new mode

- Bigger maps for better strategies, tactics, 3x bigger map = more tense game than just running around and capturing points, less space for brainless peoples, and more cooperative teamplay, more communication. (wow AB is awesome conquest mode, i dont like this in gw2 as i like AB and one reason is because of these small maps.)

- Dueling should be there too, no comment for that, im very surprised this isnt there 1year after release.

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

I don’t know why you keep saying “died” because they were all reasonably vigorous (save for Codex) for a game that didn’t receive much PvP development in it’s latter years.

Speaking of which, Jonathan, I understand your concerns about splitting the playerbase (even though personally I think it’s greatly exaggerated). Because of this, why not consider emulating Hero’s Ascent? Basically everything you currently have in GW2 and are considering was there. Conquest, team deathmatch, KOTH, CTF, all in one framework. I think it would be beneficial in multiple ways: to bundle the population in one queue, to make more casual tournament play more popular, to counteract “game mode fatigue” (one type over an over again becomes boring), and to really test player skill across all gamemodes. It would also lead to a more diverse meta, because you couldn’t just spec for bunkering in at cap nodes for example, you need to be balanced too for running flags or killing things during TDM matches.
The strictly “mono-mode” queues could be reserved for hotjoin.

in PvP

Posted by: Kinyoshi.5408

Kinyoshi.5408

Bring back random arena. Anyone remember how popular that was? I loved it, aside from people sync entering. Those were the days. A straight up deathmatch with random teams. The only bad thing was monks in RA, but now we don’t have a healer so problem solved. I would love the old stages of the arena brought back, that would be nostalgia +.
Actually, bring back more things from Guild Wars 1. Like missions, unmarked maps, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

more hopes upon hopes.. we were all excited for leader boards and look how they turned out Johnathan.

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

we’ve been testing everything else, just release the maps and well test them for free!!

in PvP

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

sorry modes not maps:P

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

@ Rewards: We want to make it more fun to rank up and we want to provide more incentive to rank up. We also want to have more fun progression as you’re ranking up with cool rewards as you’re ranking.

We also don’t like how long it takes to rank up for some players after they hit a certain rank, so we’ll be addressing that as well.

This part actually worries me, i see some people with Ranks 60+ and you can just imagine the time it took to get there, the thing is about the finishers, its not about how pretty they are, its about how long it takes to get them, which makes us getting them feel proud. I plan to eventually reach there (am currently rank 43 atm (legit, no glory farm)) and look forward to eventually hitting rank 50 or 60.

Could we get a tiny bit more detail about this?
Is it going to look more like WvW with ranks? Are the finishers still going to be as hard to get? Or are you just toning down the requirements (I pray its not this)?

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

sooo when u guys think that we gona get a new mode? mid 2014?

in PvP

Safire.9143

IDK how theyre testing new modes, but look at Custom arenas, sooo long in beta, now, LFG will be in beta too… i thing Q4 2014, and it will be in beta for 2 months too.. not big hopes for that with my experiences with anet and this game, and im not expecting DM,CTF mode, we will have some conquest mode with another mechanic… i told, theyre too focused for living story, but why they didnt make some pvp living story ? No, PvP comunity is abbadoned (well, atleast we have that awesome balance patches)

I will buy kittening expansion if they bring Deathmatch,Capture the flag,dueling,housing, maybe i just need to wait 2 years more, when noone will be interestig, if they want to bring content into game they should add lot of content, Pernament content, because gw2 will lose players in next years if they want to contuining with their “updates”

Why i should play game with 3 options, when theres another game with 10 options ?

(edited by Safire.9143)

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

sooo when u guys think that we gona get a new mode? mid 2014?

That is awfully optimistic.

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

We are working on new game modes. As we get closer to being ready to talk about them more, we’ll give you guys more details!

The question is, will conquest be overtaken by the new game modes. Or will conquest just be the main mode for every spvp game type while the other modes are simply an option in a custom game, therefore being excluded from solo que or tourney.

in PvP

Safire.9143

We are working on new game modes. As we get closer to being ready to talk about them more, we’ll give you guys more details!

The question is, will conquest be overtaken by the new game modes. Or will conquest just be the main mode for every spvp game type while the other modes are simply an option in a custom game, therefore being excluded from solo que or tourney.

Thats why its bad that theyre testing it without big feedbact, to see palyers opinions, they shouldnt release mode THEY like, they must release modes which PLAYERS like

in PvP

Posted by: Julius.1094

Julius.1094

So much stuff in the works that sounds great, just like the ladders sounded great! But then months go by before it’s ready and when it is, well, look at how great the ladders are now. GG.

Vidallis – 50 Shades of Pink – Engi/Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

We have different game types brewing at different levels of completion.

Some of them break away entirely from capture points and put the scoring emphasis on objectives/kills.

Some, as you guys know, are just different ways of looking at death match.

We don’t want to just release a ton of new game modes, so the reason we don’t talk about all of them is we’re basically testing a lot of them, and then we’ll see which ones work the best together.

This is great to hear, I’m confident that you guys can deliver some more magic. Take your time and make it awesome.

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Thats why its bad that theyre testing it without big feedbact, to see palyers opinions, they shouldnt release mode THEY like, they must release modes which PLAYERS like

It’s all about profit not about what we want. Then again if they actually did bother to allow a more improved form of testing (involving the community in it) or find out what we as the community are after ( adhering to those that take a serious steps while disregarding blatant trolling), that would be a different story.

Anet will start to run out of time once the next year comes into swing. If they continue to follow the current path and dance us around. I need not say more.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

If they come out with team deathmatch before any other mode i quit this game..

Oh wait….

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

I’m pretty sure deathmatch won’t be a soloqueue or team queue option, neither control the flag or king of the hill. They will be a option for custom arenas or hot join.

Those gamemodes will also have worse balance than conquest (since classes and traits are balanced for that, it’s no secret that balance is 90% towards spvp conquest, the rest is for wvw and pve).

That doesn’t mean that more game modes will be bad, they will be good, it will harm the chance that conquest spvp becomes esport, but since that chance is close to the same that i have in winning the lottery without buying any ticket, it’s ok.
Maybe more people will play those modes, and maybe we reach something amazing, like i don’t know, 20% of gw2 playerbase interested in spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

cant wait to see it all live) reward system, new game modes, bigger maps… awesome!

in PvP

Posted by: breaker.4215

breaker.4215

Well huge maps would be fun also imagine 20vs20 ‘GvG’ in map that contain at least 6-7 points of capture Or just simple attack defends mode which attackers got 50 life’s and have break into big castle and destroy their lord.

in PvP

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Well huge maps would be fun also imagine 20vs20 ‘GvG’ in map that contain at least 6-7 points of capture Or just simple attack defends mode which attackers got 50 life’s and have break into big castle and destroy their lord.

Wrong forum section. WvW is one down from sPvP. Keep zergs there.