Team Arena problem on the rise

in PvP

Posted by: candlecan.9827

candlecan.9827

People are starting enter team arena matchmaking solo in groves because the rewards are superior to solo arena. I duo q (so obviously I am not the healthiest to to the team arena sceen) and since the patch, team arena has basically been solo q. I suggest one of two solutions to the issue:

1) Do not allow parties of 1 or 4 to enter into team arena

2) Do not allow parties of 1 to enter team arena. If a team of 4 enters matchmaking, ask a player from solo arena if they want to sub in a team arena for bonus rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

or just do it like in LoL:
- you can join soloq alone or with 1 friend
- to do tpvp you need 5 man group, no less

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I don’t see the issue… they’re going to lose vs a coordinated stack any day.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

or just remove leaderboard from teamQ and make it the unranked tournament it should be cause ranking in teamQ is inflated and respresnt in noway how good some palyer is

teams farm randoms and get for this free rank/glory/gold and a win/lose ratio even blizzard would laugh about

just look on the “top” (lol) 1000 games or something and 80+% won – seriously

this Q is total broken

in PvP

Posted by: Eurion Crows Eye.6107

Eurion Crows Eye.6107

Team and solo q suck, the matches are terrible, the matches should at least be a mix of classes, not all mesmers or all warriors. Its kinda a ridiculous, and make some incentive for people to use the LFG tool in PVP, I think that would help a little maybe.

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

it’s not about the better rewards. it’s about no skyhammer, that alone is a better reward

in PvP

Romek.4201

i dont care for skyhammer – i play it for the 1k rank pointz – wanna be this year rank 50

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

My opinion is that we should make the current TeamQ a guildQ.
Like u can only join with 3/4 of ur guild and 1/2 not from ur guild. Like in GW1, it was a huge succes, seeing your Guildname in HoH for example..
Let Soloq be what it is, remove ladder, because its absolute luck.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

My opinion is that we should make the current TeamQ a guildQ.
Like u can only join with 3/4 of ur guild and 1/2 not from ur guild. Like in GW1, it was a huge succes, seeing your Guildname in HoH for example..
Let Soloq be what it is, remove ladder, because its absolute luck.

The vast majority of people I queue with are not in my guild.

it’s not about the better rewards. it’s about no skyhammer, that alone is a better reward

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ this right here

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Romek.4201

@Quincy

what you talking about? soloQ is the only Q in this game right now what is somehow fair and theres nothing bout luck.

sure when you do only 10-30 games or something than it can feel like it but play 250+ games and its only you

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

People are starting enter team arena matchmaking solo in groves because the rewards are superior to solo arena. I duo q (so obviously I am not the healthiest to to the team arena sceen) and since the patch, team arena has basically been solo q. I suggest one of two solutions to the issue:

1) Do not allow parties of 1 or 4 to enter into team arena

2) Do not allow parties of 1 to enter team arena. If a team of 4 enters matchmaking, ask a player from solo arena if they want to sub in a team arena for bonus rewards.

I have a few questions; when they join Team Arena, do they instantly win? I mean are they win trading? Do they affect gameplay in any way? Are they not just like you?

Frankly I think this is a very selfish topic. Might as well read like this “There’s too many people trying to win! Let’s remove the ability to win because there’s too many people that could possibly win.”

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

@Quincy

what you talking about? soloQ is the only Q in this game right now what is somehow fair and theres nothing bout luck.

sure when you do only 10-30 games or something than it can feel like it but play 250+ games and its only you

If u don’t get any matches with 4v5 you’re allright. Same when you are nearly never getting r1s.
The case is that alot people have unlucky matches.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

If u don’t get any matches with 4v5 you’re allright. Same when you are nearly never getting r1s.
The case is that alot people have unlucky matches.

Getting r1s is a matter of position on the ladder. So is getting 4v5 matches. On top of that, if you never leave during the match chances of getting 5v4 are better then getting 4v5 since there are less variables in your team.
Play enough games to escape MMR pit and you’ll see a drastic improvement in the quality of matches. Of course, if after 100-200 matches played you don’t see an improvement in your rank I’m afraid to say that the problem is not in the system.

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

A hundred percent this.
I despise that map and i solo team q on a regular basis just to avoid it.

edit:

3/4 of ur guild and 1/2 not

kitten 3/4 + 1/2 does not equal 1 whole

(edited by Lachanche.6859)

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Play enough games to escape MMR pit and you’ll see a drastic improvement in the quality of matches. Of course, if after 100-200 matches played you don’t see an improvement in your rank I’m afraid to say that the problem is not in the system.

In my experience, it is more like the opposite.
I m far away of being pro, however, I was somewhere in the 300s of the Solo Q leaderboard.

Then, within 1 day, I completly fell out of the leaderboards du to the fact that AT LEAST every 2nd game was 4 vs. 5 and the majority of the remaining 50% was terrible Matchmaking (fighting A team with 2-3 bunkers without having 1 in my own team, A lot of Skyhammer, etc.)

(edited by EverythingEnds.4261)

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

I tend to play with 2 others and we do ok. It has got harder last week kitten many people joining for rewards and do not play hard to win. However before then played a lot with other solos and it was mostly very good and I’m sure will improve soon.

Certainly no way should change to full 5 only. If you’re that keen on playing full 5, make your own team and win your way up the leaderboard.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

or just remove leaderboard from teamQ and make it the unranked tournament it should be cause ranking in teamQ is inflated and respresnt in noway how good some palyer is

teams farm randoms and get for this free rank/glory/gold and a win/lose ratio even blizzard would laugh about

just look on the “top” (lol) 1000 games or something and 80+% won – seriously

this Q is total broken

Actually, wins against PUGs should not matter at all, considering they are much lower in the leaderboard.

By this reasoning, no Queue represents nothing.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

In my experience, it is more like the opposite.
I m far away of being pro, however, I was somewhere in the 300s of the Solo Q leaderboard.

Then, within 1 day, I completly fell out of the leaderboards du to the fact that AT LEAST every 2nd game was 4 vs. 5 and the majority of the remaining 50% was terrible Matchmaking (fighting A team with 2-3 bunkers without having 1 in my own team, A lot of Skyhammer, etc.)

Hmmm, strange.. In my case, I’m playing on average ~13 soloq games per day, and in last week or so I had less then one 4v5 game per day, and even then most of 4v5s are justifiable (DC’s and such).
I did notice that when I’m not playing in high concurrency times (~14-00h CET) the match quality is drastically lower. However, when concurrency is good enough I’m getting teams in which players have deviancy of at most 10% from my position (top1 to high 80% atm).

(edited by Freeelancer.2860)

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

And the devs are all scratching their heads because now the community doesn’t use the very thing they were begging for (soloQ).

If we have bigger population, we don’t even need separate Q anymore anyway, just a rating system that accounts for people that play together

in PvP

Romek.4201

than i would stop spvp complete when only teamQ

in PvP

Posted by: Doppey Woogy.6590

Doppey Woogy.6590

This is how tpvp was at start of the game…

in PvP

Romek.4201

ye and playerbase was like this

http://www.bullchart.de/ta/arten/renko.gif

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Hmmm, strange.. In my case, I’m playing on average ~13 soloq games per day, and in last week or so I had less then one 4v5 game per day, and even then most of 4v5s are justifiable (DC’s and such).
I did notice that when I’m not playing in high concurrency times (~14-00h CET) the match quality is drastically lower. However, when concurrency is good enough I’m getting teams in which players have deviancy of at most 10% from my position (top1 to high 80% atm).

Up to that one day of missfortune, I almost NEVER had a 4 vs 5 or some of the issues people were complaining.
I kept telling myself “stop palying, there’s something dark going on today”. But I kept playing and it was 4 vs 5 again and again T_T.

Its like I was playing in an shiney great (at least for GW2 standards) pvp world and than one lost game droped me down into “bad-pvp-hell”.

in PvP

Posted by: alvarez.3159

alvarez.3159

Just started doing it too after 2 Spirit Watches and 4 Skyhammers in a row. Best Decision ever. Especially now that I’m finally getting reward chests again.

in PvP

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Made a team for this reason, became mlg for this reason, beat esports for this reason, realized anet doesnt care, team disbanded due to something stupid called life, alone, on forums, qq about everything…….. GW2