Thanks for breaking PvP even more

in PvP

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Thank you Arena Net.

I played against an Arena Net team yesterday, just FYI you guys need practice.

I suggest that Arena Net should hire a professional tPvP team such as Fifty Five Hp Monks or Cheese Mode to play test updates like these before they launch.

I’m sure they are all very smart and intellectual people, but I’m sorry to say I think they are not skilled at the game which they designed.

Please use skilled players to play test patches like these, because I am very disappointed as an avid PvPer; this game has never been more unbalanced than ever before.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

There is a flaw with letting “pros” balance the game. You could forget about build diversity. In the eyes of the pros what works already is all that exists. We saw that a bit with Grouch (no offense). Balance this patch (so far) doesn’t seem that bad, with the exception of maybe Condi Necros. Nothing else has stood out as entirely game breaking… Unless your OP build got nerfed and thus you need to adapt. If that’s the case, that’s in you. Don’t yell at Anet for that.

Thief/warrior changes were great. The sigil changes were nice, runes too. (Lyssa) everyone got some nerfs on their op stuff. MM got a little 1v1 trim, good stuff there. Ele aren’t chew toys now, so that’s fun. AR isn’t the most awful thing in an MMO anymore. That’s a plus.

What are your BIG huge issues? Yes condies could use some trim. That’s nothing new to this patch. Balance wise, overall, I prefer this patch to the last. Maybe next patch will combat condi necro and (engineer? I heard they can be problematic but haven’t had any issues yet) a bit more.

Sky isn’t falling and no, this isn’t as bad as June 2013.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

(edited by ronpierce.2760)

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

There is a flaw with letting “pros” balance the game, We saw that a bit with Grouch .

pfff When did Grouch get good ?

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Eve.1580

Eve.1580

There is a flaw with letting “pros” balance the game. You could forget about build diversity. In the eyes of the pros what works already is all that exists. We saw that a bit with Grouch (no offense). Balance this patch (so far) doesn’t seem that bad, with the exception of maybe Condi Necros. Nothing else has stood out as entirely game breaking… Unless your OP build got nerfed and thus you need to adapt. If that’s the case, that’s in you. Don’t yell at Anet for that.

Thief/warrior changes were great. The sigil changes were nice, runes too. (Lyssa) everyone got some nerfs on their op stuff. MM got a little 1v1 trim, good stuff there. Ele aren’t chew toys now, so that’s fun. AR isn’t the most awful thing in an MMO anymore. That’s a plus.

What are your BIG huge issues? Yes do dies could use some trim. That’s nothing new to this patch. Balance wise, overall, I prefer this patch to the last. Maybe next patch will combat condi necro and (engineer? I heard they can be problematic but haven’t had any issues yet) a bit more.

Sky isn’t falling and no, this isn’t as bad as June 2013.

I think necros got too much of a buff, personally, but I don’t see anything game breaking.

I would say that if you have pro players play test, and when they find the best meta.. That’s when you nerf.. If it’s meta, its typically unbalanced. There’s loads of other balancing you still need to do.. but this is a strategy I think they should explore.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Thank you Arena Net.

I played against an Arena Net team yesterday, just FYI you guys need practice.

I suggest that Arena Net should hire a professional tPvP team such as Fifty Five Hp Monks or Cheese Mode to play test updates like these before they launch.

I’m sure they are all very smart and intellectual people, but I’m sorry to say I think they are not skilled at the game which they designed.

Please use skilled players to play test patches like these, because I am very disappointed as an avid PvPer; this game has never been more unbalanced than ever before.

I know one thing I wouldnt want you balance testing anything.

in PvP

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

I haven’t noticed any improvements on the thieves/warriors yet. And Necro’s got too much of a buff? Which ones lol.

in PvP

Eve.1580

I haven’t noticed any improvements on the thieves/warriors yet. And Necro’s got too much of a buff? Which ones lol.

Warriors and thieves have always had an advantage in sPvP. But have you played the new map? Necros ALL DAY. Wells are wiping entire teams without skill necessary. They just need to be balanced on this new map. That and their new heal ability, buddy told me he’s nearly invincible in groups now. Then again, that was WvW

in PvP

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Warriors and thieves have always had an advantage in sPvP. But have you played the new map? Necros ALL DAY. Wells are wiping entire teams without skill necessary. They just need to be balanced on this new map. That and their new heal ability, buddy told me he’s nearly invincible in groups now. Then again, that was WvW

May I suggest that you communicate to your team that it could, possibly, sorta, be a bad idea for all of you to stand in the wells at the same time?

in PvP

Eve.1580

May I suggest that you communicate to your team that it could, possibly, sorta, be a bad idea for all of you to stand in the wells at the same time?

Choke points, most players don’t know how to react and considering how it is an extremely small map, its very common to get into a terrible situation. Plus first tick.. Several people with several wells. You can argue it is not currently an issue, but you can’t argue it cannot be an issue, simply because you can move out of it.

in PvP

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Losing to wells in a team death match setting is probably a l2p issue.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

Speaking as a well necro, this is true; Considering that you don’t need to stay in a conveniently drawn circle for well placement. Regardless I had fun reaping the spoils on —- less experienced players.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in PvP

Eve.1580

Speaking as a well necro, this is true; Considering that you don’t need to stay in a conveniently drawn circle for well placement. Regardless I had fun reaping the spoils on —- less experienced players.

Wells in conjunction to everything else.. I feel like you guys are painting a picture of a 1v1 fight, where a warrior is standing still for 10 mins in a well. No. When a teammate goes down, drop all your wells and marks on whoever starts to res, someone pushes a choke, drop all your wells and marks in the middle to prevent escape, someone stuck in animation drop all your wells and marks.

Wells and marks have initial condition ticks right? All it takes is dropping it on them initially, then wait 2 seconds and wait for them to fall over from condi damage.

I’m ignorant to necros, I’ve just noticed a HUGE increase in necros playing and a huge increase to their damage on teams, and teams wiping the second the wells start popping on them.