The Age of the Condition Engineer Is Over!

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

Now is the time to repent!

Embrace me as your savior!

Introducing: Acandis’s Absorption Build! (AAB Guard)
http://tinyurl.com/aabguard

in PvP

Acandis.3250

Quick write-up on how this build should be played:

The shield can be taken down very fast by melee or AoE attacks so you don’t want to use it at the beginning of a fight or if there’s a lot of AoE around. You want to use this when a teamfight is hectic and it will typically be ignored.

Some pointers:

1. Great for 1v1 against engies or other classes that rely on projectile damage.
  2. Great for teamfights against engies that are free-casting on your allies, rangers, or any other sort of projectile spammers.

As to why this is a great skill despite it’s obvious weaknesses, I’ll leave it up to you guys to come to the same conclusion I did, on your own time.

Enjoy the build, and say no to grenades!

in PvP

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

As an engineer I can tell you this build sucks, not worth using… like ever.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in PvP

Posted by: Fubar.4389

Fubar.4389

As an engineer who uses power and crit bonus I just lol’d

Marmite – Engineer – Desolation – EU

in PvP

Kimbald.2697

I use the tool kit most

Well, I do use conditions, but it’s not the pure essence of my build.

Not that I’ve seen other engineers using conditions mostly… not recently…
So this build has no future, best close the thread before it gets imbarrassing.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Grenades goes through your bubbles, flamethrower goes through your bubbles, Fumigate goes through your bubbles… yea…

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Grenades goes through your bubbles, flamethrower goes through your bubbles, Fumigate goes through your bubbles… yea…

Grenades don’t go through SoA/Sanct, etc. They can land before the bubble and their AoE will hit the players inside, but if they hit the bubble themselves they are absorbed. The rest you are correct about.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

This is not gonna work imo..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

The shield can be taken down very fast by melee or AoE attacks so you don’t want to use it at the beginning of a fight or if there’s a lot of AoE around. You want to use this when a teamfight is hectic and it will typically be ignored.

Some pointers:

1. Great for 1v1 against engies or other classes that rely on projectile damage.
  2. Great for teamfights against engies that are free-casting on your allies, rangers, or any other sort of projectile spammers.

As to why this is a great skill despite it’s obvious weaknesses, I’ll leave it up to you guys to come to the same conclusion I did, on your own time.

Wouldn’t WoR work better? Shorter recharge and longer duration.

in PvP

Posted by: Noctis Assassin.4035

Noctis Assassin.4035

I tried using the spirit shield once and thought “if spirit weapons didn’t get nerfed, this would be the greatest skill a guardian could have.” The shield makes an absorption bubble every 5 seconds and I’m not sure on how long it lasts but i think its 4 secs.
edit: actually I’m fairly sure that the bubble lasts 4 secs so you get 24 seconds of absorption over a 30 sec period if you have the trait that makes spirit weapons last longer

(edited by Noctis Assassin.4035)

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Yea spirit weapons are pretty much not viable anymore. They seem really good 1v1 until somebody throws down 1 aoe condition attack and completely wipes them out.

There are no easy ways to fight condi engi. Grenades are easy to combat, just pressure the engi with melee and he will stop tossing nades; wall of reflection buys time if you like that sort of thing. Conditions themselves are more difficult.

Generally it will require using 2 defensive shells to survive at all as a guard vs this build. This means using the absolute resolution + renewed focus plus either the meditations(plus purity) or pure of voice shell.

If your goal is to kill take them down efficiently, you better be full glass cannon with one of the above condition frameworks (meditations has the most synergy from toughness/crit dmg). If they choose to fight you, you can probably win; but usually they will retreat and drop bombs that pulse (making blind/block and condition removal less useful) on top of dealing very high damage making it impossible to pressure them. Usually you want to switch to a ranged set to try and force them back to pistols.

Its really the bombs that make them so strong since they let them play defensive AND deal heavy damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

I use the tool kit most

Yeah, almost as “Imbarassing” as your spelling.

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Death to the infidels

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Kimbald.2697

I use the tool kit most

Yeah, almost as “Imbarassing” as your spelling.

Yup, spelled that one wrong.
Is that your standard of embarrassing spelling? One mistake on a word that isn’t even all that common to spell? To be honest: I make a lot more mistakes than that.
English happens to be my third language, so I figure I’m doing ok with it.
How many languages do you speak? Must be 5 or 6 to have such high standards.

On the content of the post you replied on: it was a joke, but I think your spelling is better than your insight.
I applaud the OP for finding a way against HGH condi burst. Not sure if this is the best way, but I figured I give him free publicity by trolling him too obvious, being an engineer myself and all (not an HGH one but still).

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It’s bad, I swear

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Kimbald.2697

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It’s bad, I swear

what is a good counter anyway?
Another high condition burst? They would have to run through 6 removals or so first…

High power burst that can self-cleanse good?

Guardians using spirity thingies? oh, no. Can’t be that. Forget I asked.

in PvP

Kimbald.2697

watched the esports video now, it pretty much answered all my questions.

in PvP

Acandis.3250

Some pointers:

I played with WoR for a while, but it’s very easy for a good player to ignore it. You can throw grenades right in front of it and the explosion will still hit anyone right behind it, or if you’re in a good position you can even throw grenades right above it to hit people behind it.

For all you ignorant kittens: because SotA creates a shield of absorption, which is a pretty large sphere, which absorbs ALL projectiles, this is the much safer way to go. I simply said condis in the title because condi engineers hurt more than power engis in most teamfights. However, all your grenades and the like will also get absorbed.

Now you can keep typing all your stupid comments, but I’ve tested this in multiple scenarios, I assure you, you are the only ones that are embarrassing yourselves.

Edit: The shield will be out for 30s, with an uptime of up to 24s. This is long enough for any teamfight. After that it will go in a 48s recharge. Which is enough to wait for the next teamfight, generally.

(edited by Acandis.3250)

in PvP

Posted by: SwickHobo.5096

SwickHobo.5096

try a focus ele. They GG engies all day. And pretty much everything that isnt a bunker tbh.

in PvP

Posted by: Ultima.8673

Ultima.8673

i can counter engineer op build as well :P

in PvP

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

I feel people are jumping into conclusions here a bit fast. I can see this working decently; though since spirit weapons are no longer immortal, that also turns me off it a bit. You wouldn’t want to use it in a hectic aoe fest team fight as it’ll basically disintegrate. But you also want to disrupt and avoid as much damage possible with it as that is its given purpose. So that just seems a bit of a conundrum for me.

What I would do is still run Sanctuary with two shouts. Yes the CD is long but it also frees up the 10 pts in Zeal for Purity in Valor. With the spread in Virtues, it’ll also have a 96s CD. Is also very useful for ressing and general trollage or contesting.

If SoA had the same active skill like Engineer shield (daze on throw), that might change my opinion. But at this moment, I’d still go with the consc. This would be funny though with asuran racial d-series golem, too bad that isn’t available in tpvp.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

Other than hgh conditions, the only other build ive seen is hgh power.

30,0,0,30,10 with rifle instead. Im not sure of any other way id want to play an engy.
I mean everything else seems subpar however, ive seen some really good 1on1 builds of late, that can beat a hgh in 1on1. But seem to suck balls outside of that context.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

If you won’t face more than one projectile based class (engineer, ranger), this is not gonna pay out.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Fubar.4389

Fubar.4389

I play 0, 10, 0, 30, 30 with Rifle + Tool Kit + HGH. It’s very good.

Marmite – Engineer – Desolation – EU

in PvP

Dirame.8521

Grenades don’t go through SoA/Sanct, etc. They can land before the bubble and their AoE will hit the players inside, but if they hit the bubble themselves they are absorbed. The rest you are correct about.

I see, I always get hit by them is why I thought they go through bubbles.

in PvP

Acandis.3250

I’m seeing a lot of hate here so I’ll clarify.

This is not a build that I run often, or plan on running often.

This is a build that I’ve been using recently in response the comps with a lot of projectile damage such as ranger/engie/thief. I won’t explain how to play this as it is a very hard build to play correctly.

in PvP

Dirame.8521

Some pointers:

I played with WoR for a while, but it’s very easy for a good player to ignore it. You can throw grenades right in front of it and the explosion will still hit anyone right behind it, or if you’re in a good position you can even throw grenades right above it to hit people behind it.

For all you ignorant kittens: because SotA creates a shield of absorption, which is a pretty large sphere, which absorbs ALL projectiles, this is the much safer way to go. I simply said condis in the title because condi engineers hurt more than power engis in most teamfights. However, all your grenades and the like will also get absorbed.

Now you can keep typing all your stupid comments, but I’ve tested this in multiple scenarios, I assure you, you are the only ones that are embarrassing yourselves.

Edit: The shield will be out for 30s, with an uptime of up to 24s. This is long enough for any teamfight. After that it will go in a 48s recharge. Which is enough to wait for the next teamfight, generally.

The thing is, if I was fighting you with my Engie, your shield would die within the first few seconds because everything I use, goes through bubbles. But most engies don’t play like me so, I guess it works.

in PvP

Acandis.3250

The thing is, if I was fighting you with my Engie, your shield would die within the first few seconds because everything I use, goes through bubbles. But most engies don’t play like me so, I guess it works.

Like I said, it’s a situational build. I would only bring it to counter someone that I knew it would be effective against.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

So I fought a condition HGH engy today, and my build is immune to conditions under 25%, 3 people couldn’t down me for 3 mins cuz im bunker as well, well my team finally comes and helps out and we win the fight and I’m still standing and then the other team gives up and all I hear is “HGH OP kitten that 25% immune to conditions is OP”.

But thing is, you trying to kill me with conditions that’s your issue, all you gotta do is immobilize and normal dps me down with thief or warrior, if you aint got any that’s just too bad!

People just don’t realize that’s all it takes is 1 thing to completely destroy someone, like 100b warrior u immobilize them and they cant do jack, you immobilize 25% immune to conditions before they are immune or do knockdowns on them so they cant dodge or anything and all you have left is to wack them till they dead. And obviously against HGH all you do is eat there conditions and turn them into boons.

I love it when people put there hearts and souls in condition damage and nothng else and wonder why they barely hurt me, and funny thing is since I’m the lowest hp guy they will all target me too, which is good when your bunker!

A lot of people like to go all or nothing, and when your in a bad matchup like those guys, people are gonna cry nerf. I rarely see any balanced builds, its all glass cannon or bunker.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)