The "Are you kidding me??" specs

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Killing a treb with a 3 minute CD elite is fine.
As for one-shotting players…sorry what? If you’re referring to Rush + Lightning Flash trick, the AoE is absolutely tiny. If the target even moves a few inches they will be out of it, moving targets are out of the question (and everyone is always moving). Whoever dies to FGS should feel bad.

You are missing a few key facts about GW2 PvP.

#1.

Downed Bodies don’t move that much. Neither do the people reviving them until it’s too late. When someone dunks a downed body with the PISTOL WHIP, there are going to be tons of frustrated players. This is a fact. Thank god there are so many THIEVES that are coordinated (lol) enough to do this, it is quite common. It pretty much took THIEVES becoming a FOTM profession where there are 2 per team in order to recognize that this is a VERY dangerous mechanic and should be tweaked.

am i doing it right?

Did you seriously compare pistol whip damage to a blinked fiery rush?

FGS should be fixed before they fix elementalist as a whole. The class is currently in a bad state but if it ever became stronger in TPVP you’d see more FGS abuse on downed bodies and that one particular skill could turn out to be as much cancer as any of the other terribads things about this game PVP.

The FGS is used as part of Dungeon speed runs and destroying objects quickly in WvW and sPvP. They are significant parts of the game, and would have been dealt with if it were a bug. While you claim it’s a bug, other people claim it’s a feature.

FGS is the single most overpowered skill in PVE. If you’re going to mention PVE there’s even more reason there to nerf it than in PVP. Literally the corner stone of any speedrun is stacking ele with FGS and pressing 4 in corners. So great, much gameplay, wow. This isn’t to say I never used FGS in PVE, I did, but it’s not my job to balance the game, it’s anet’s. I’ll play whatever is most efficient, it’s not the player’s job to kitten himself with subpar specs or group compositions, it’s anet’s job to do something about overpowered skills. FGS deals absolutely abnormal damage and you’d have to be seriously blind to think fiery rush has any place in a balanced game. This game PVE is a serious joke when literally any dungeon boss (fractals not included) melts in under 3 seconds from a party’s worth of FGS spam.

Speed runs will happen with or without FGS. FGS shaves some time off of speed runs, but isn’t the cornerstone of making them viable.

As far as PvP goes it’s a 1-2 time small area spike over the course of able to be done on 3 minute intervals. It’s not a staple throughout combat. The most viable use of the combo is vs someone who is downed, which isn’t even always possible because LF isn’t always off CD.

Regardless of how abnormal it’s damage, that combo isn’t pulled off very often in PvP. When it is pulled off, it can be a big momentum swing like a safety or blocked kick returned for a touchdown in american football or a grand slam in baseball or a hole in one in golf. Those events are abnormal in their respective sports, yet they’re exciting to watch. From an esports perspective something like the FGS and LF combo as it currently behaves is important.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

(edited by Shockwave.1230)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

As for one-shotting players…sorry what? If you’re referring to Rush + Lightning Flash trick, the AoE is absolutely tiny. If the target even moves a few inches they will be out of it, moving targets are out of the question (and everyone is always moving). Whoever dies to FGS should feel bad.

#1.

Downed Bodies don’t move that much. Neither do the people reviving them until it’s too late. When someone dunks a downed body with the PISTOL WHIP, there are going to be tons of frustrated players. This is a fact. Thank god there are so many THIEVES that are coordinated (lol) enough to do this, it is quite common. It pretty much took THIEVES becoming a FOTM profession where there are 2 per team in order to recognize that this is a VERY dangerous mechanic and should be tweaked.

am i doing it right?

FGS should be fixed before they fix elementalist as a whole. The class is currently in a bad state but if it ever became stronger in TPVP you’d see more FGS abuse on downed bodies and that one particular skill could turn out to be as much cancer as any of the other terribads things about this game PVP.

The FGS is used as part of Dungeon speed runs and destroying objects quickly in WvW and sPvP. They are significant parts of the game, and would have been dealt with if it were a bug. While you claim it’s a bug, other people claim it’s a feature.

FGS is the single most overpowered skill in PVE. If you’re going to mention PVE there’s even more reason there to nerf it than in PVP. Literally the corner stone of any speedrun is stacking ele with FGS and pressing 4 in corners. So great, much gameplay, wow. This isn’t to say I never used FGS in PVE, I did, but it’s not my job to balance the game, it’s anet’s. I’ll play whatever is most efficient, it’s not the player’s job to kitten himself with subpar specs or group compositions, it’s anet’s job to do something about overpowered skills. FGS deals absolutely abnormal damage and you’d have to be seriously blind to think fiery rush has any place in a balanced game. This game PVE is a serious joke when literally any dungeon boss (fractals not included) melts in under 3 seconds from a party’s worth of FGS spam.

Speed runs will happen with or without FGS. FGS shaves some time off of speed runs, but isn’t the cornerstone of making them viable.

As far as PvP goes it’s a 1-2 time small area spike over the course of able to be done on 3 minute intervals. It’s not a staple throughout combat. The most viable use of the combo is vs someone who is downed, which isn’t even always possible because LF isn’t always off CD.

Regardless of how abnormal it’s damage, that combo isn’t pulled off very often in PvP. When it is pulled off, it can be a big momentum swing like a safety or blocked kick returned for a touchdown in american football or a grand slam in baseball or a hole in one in golf. Those events are abnormal in their respective sports, yet they’re exciting to watch. From an esports perspective something like the FGS and LF combo as it currently behaves is important.

kk, let’s give every class every 3 min chance to hit 1-2 times for unstoppable 20k+ dmg… justified by CD yo

as far as treb goes, once again it does matter if one team can treb at begin of the match and other can’t… even if i see FGS comming i can’t stop ele from insta destroying treb

eles indeed could use help but it shouldn’t justify such bs

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Shockwave.1230

#1.

am i doing it right?

kk, let’s give every class every 3 min chance to hit 1-2 times for unstoppable 20k+ dmg… justified by CD yo

as far as treb goes, once again it does matter if one team can treb at begin of the match and other can’t… even if i see FGS comming i can’t stop ele from insta destroying treb

eles indeed could use help but it shouldn’t justify such bs

Other classes already can do the spike. It’s called FGS + Blink/Shadowstep/Judges Intervention. They just need an ele to conjure the sword. Other classes could have other powerful effects instead of what the ele does. The necro for example has Lich Form where they can spam one for 30 seconds and do loads of damage. It’s pretty incredible point denial.

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I’ve never been killed by FGS 4 and the only players I see using it are usually pretty skilled to begin with. It has a chance to become a real problem, but for right now it isn’t a big deal.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Shockwave.1230

Treb on Kyhlo is a decent point, though a portal mesmer can have it immediately back up on half the recharge of FGS.

Gates on Foefire aren’t that big a deal, when a team does a lord rush a gate goes down incredibly fast anyways.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Other classes already can do the spike. It’s called FGS + Blink/Shadowstep/Judges Intervention. They just need an ele to conjure the sword. Other classes could have other powerful effects instead of what the ele does. The necro for example has Lich Form where they can spam one for 30 seconds and do loads of damage. It’s pretty incredible point denial.

if FGS trick was fixed, those classes couldn’t use it either…. so what is your point?

lich form AA does indeed stupid high dmg but not 20k+ instantly and it can be easily avoided by strafing + necro can still be blinded/killed in it while ele FGS+ port is instant and it is dodge at the same time so you can’t even CC ele executing it

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Sars.8792

Sars.8792

if FGS trick was fixed, those classes couldn’t use it either…. so what is your point?

lich form AA does indeed stupid high dmg but not 20k+ instantly and it can be easily avoided by strafing + necro can still be blinded/killed in it while ele FGS+ port is instant and it is dodge at the same time so you can’t even CC ele executing it

You can stop it……..with any cc, its far from instant fairly long cast(2s???) even with a obvious sound and then the damage is delayed lol ( wont help treb but a person can move) . the one that evades is the whirl.

You play a thief, silvari? ….. don’t wait till the ele is all the way up to treb before you get off it , you can force arcane shield/immunity before they even get there then just head shot when you hear/see it.. tons of ways to stop this tbh.

It should probably be nerfed for pve (who cares) . Only OP part about the rush is killing the lord in foefire (pve).

in PvP

Cynz.9437

You can stop it……..with any cc, its far from instant fairly long cast(2s???) even with a obvious sound and then the damage is delayed lol ( wont help treb but a person can move) . the one that evades is the whirl.

You play a thief, silvari? ….. don’t wait till the ele is all the way up to treb before you get off it , you can force arcane shield/immunity before they even get there then just head shot when you hear/see it.. tons of ways to stop this tbh.

It should probably be nerfed for pve (who cares) . Only OP part about the rush is killing the lord in foefire (pve).

you think i didn’t? it happend on few ocasions where i saw it comming and tried to kill ele before he does it, they just suicide it

and no, i also play human warrior and norn necro, idk how it matters :P

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

Oh man don’t take my FGS away from me. Bassi venom + rush + steal = sex. Don’t take sex away from me plz anet. I might actually break out an old 25/30/0/0/15 spec just so I can get improvisation for the deeeps

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

I agree with all of these, please Anet, make this happen, remove these diarrhea stains from your game.

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!