The Match making

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

I thought it deserves a new topic.
And pls, some Dev tell me what is going on?

New match making is a fail. It much worse than it was before. I played MUCH yesterday to see how it works. In the morning I had good, balanced matches. Than I played much more more in the evening and I lost 90% of games.

I ASK, WHY I AM MATCHED WITH PPL WHO ARE RANK 1 OR 7 OR FULL TEAM OF UNDER R20 THAN DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TOURNAMENT PLAY WHILE MYSELF BEING R50+ WITH 3.5K TOURNAMENTS AND 2.2K HOURS OF PVP PLAYED?

Matchmaking based on leadder rank is FAIL. I play pvp since year, and I get bad teams or leavers, so I fall down, so I’m stuck with ppl rank10 y? VERY CLEVER.
it’s ridiculous. rlly. I played much yesterday to see if its only a bad luck, but its impossible to have bad luck for 6h playtime. lowranked ppl duno what to do + more: they dont even wana listen what they shall do. I don’t have to pay attention in 1v1 at all, I win 2v1’s, both team zerg. How I can improve at this when I meet on my way a r10 guy and just go kill him with eyes closed and hands tight? I’d love to fight a r50 gr8 opponent and loose than win 10 times vs a r10.

Srsly do something about it. If no, I’ll just quit like many others before me…
Rlly game is fun but match making makes it frustrating and rlly bad experience. After yesterday I didnt want to play at all. But I tryed it again today and guess what? 1st game, rank1 in my team ofc. Ofc lost. Its even worse than 4v5 coz such ppl r free walking 5points.
I should be matched vs ppl at least ranked 40-45, better if 50+. I’d rather have a skyhammer farmer r50 than full team of under r20.
Rlly Anet, u force me to quit. I dont wana, coz game is gr8 but why I shall play and only get angry? Even upcomming reward change won’t solve anything if match making will be the same.

If u want me to stop playing, gj u doing it gr8, keep on it, don’t fix it. Nothing will bring me back, new rewards, gr8 balance, if I’m matched in such matches. This is not and never will be fun/enjoyable.

And pls, don’t even bother to “rank means nothing”. If that so, I’ll give u 4ppl on average r10 and I’ll take average r50. Should be balanced.
Rank means MUCH. Lowranked ppl are clueless, they r blind, like ppl in the dark. Sure, there are ppl with even r40 or r50 liek this, but it’s minority, while on lower ranks its 90% of ppl. I would take a r55 skyhammer farmer above r5 new guy to my team andy day.

Screens from 2day: they r just examples. u call this balance ANET? u call this fun? THIS IS BROKEN. When things go wrong ppl just leave.

Any good response from Devs maybe?

Attachments:

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

(edited by Michael.7382)

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Relentless.7023

Relentless.7023

I didn’t think the “top players” would actually QQ on the forums about having to play with the people their stacked teams were ezmode farming, but there you go.

The Match making

in PvP

Michael.7382

Im not even ranked at soloQ LB atm. And I dont give a kitten about lb. And all I want is just ballanced match, not ppl that duno what to do each game. Its some kind of sick lottery, if my opponents team is worse than mine.
It should be sorted based on rank AND tournaments played/won.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

maby thats what you deserve? rank means nothing

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Im not even ranked at soloQ LB atm. And I dont give a kitten about lb. And all I want is just ballanced match, not ppl that duno what to do each game. Its some kind of sick lottery, if my opponents team is worse than mine.
It should be sorted based on rank AND tournaments played/won.

u know u get matched by mmr and not rank. so if u are not on lb.. so what mmr u expect u have?

The Match making

in PvP

Relentless.7023

There’s higher potential for balanced matches now than there was before. There’s so much information out there that people can look at to learn how to play better, they just don’t look at it or learn from it.

There’s only so much Anet can do about that.

The Match making

in PvP

Michael.7382

Thats why it’s stupid as it is. I felt from top15 to % by playing and seems not having enough luck to get better teams so now i goota be stuck here forever?
rank means nothing, so fail and untrue statment. I’ll repeat u get party conisted of ppl rank 1-10, me of 40-50. Blanced game U may win.

What im supposed to look at to play better? I know good al lclasses, rotatnions on builds, tactics etc but it won’t help me coz I can’t carry the team. I try each game tell the mwhat to do, when to kill boss or not, when go back home, when not go far and when decap it but it doesn’t help. They don’t listen and do what they want = loose.

I’m more a type of lone wolf but playing pvp here since 2012 but it’s not fun anymroe to be matched vs and with ppl that are clueless.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

The Match making

in PvP

Relentless.7023

Player education ought to be promoted in game more, like a mail from anet linking sensotix’s videos, intothemists.com, guildwars2pvptv, etc.

Most people are not going to read the forums, so it would be prudent on Anet’s part to send a mail to people introducing them to the pvp knowledge base when they first log into the mists.

The Match making

in PvP

Michael.7382

This is gr8 idea – to have ingame tutorials, basic builds, rotations, tactic for each map, spectatin tournaments. But thers noone, so I try to lead the party. But 95% time they just don’t want to listen.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

This is gr8 idea – to have ingame tutorials, basic builds, rotations, tactic for each map, spectatin tournaments. But thers noone, so I try to lead the party. But 95% time they just don’t want to listen.

i know that pain. do u play peek or off peek time?

The Match making

in PvP

Michael.7382

Yesterday morning it was 8-11 EU London time. Matches were good mostly 500-4xx loose/win. It wasn’t bad to loose coz hte game it self was good, fun, balanced. Somehow with ppl ranked higher. In the evening – 6-11pm it was pathetic, 90% loose time and ranks 1-20. I’m playing atm and its still like this, when they listen, follow map pings – win, when they dont – loose. The point is, exp ppl don’t need commands, its just communication, not perma telling what to do, res, stomp, dont res, cap eetc..

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

I ASK, WHY I AM MATCHED WITH PPL WHO ARE RANK 1 OR 7 OR FULL TEAM OF UNDER R20 THAN DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT TOURNAMENT PLAY WHILE MYSELF BEING R50+ WITH 3.5K TOURNAMENTS AND 2.2K HOURS OF PVP PLAYED?

Your MMR is on the low end, which may be an accurate representation of your skill or you were hit by a bug that destroyed your MMR.

If it’s the latter, you should see an improvement after the MMR is reset on the 29th.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

(edited by Justin ODell.9517)

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Forz.1725

Forz.1725

You’re MMR is on the low end, which may be an accurate representation of your skill…

1v1 owned by Anet.

Elementalist – Pancake Tragedy

(edited by Forz.1725)

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

You’re MMR is on the low end, which may be an accurate representation of your skill or you were hit by a bug that destroyed your MMR.

If it’s the latter, you should see an improvement after the MMR is reset on the 29th.

GG

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

You’re MMR is on the low end, which may be an accurate representation of your skill or you were hit by a bug that destroyed your MMR.

lol

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

You’re MMR is on the low end, which may be an accurate representation of your skill…

1v1 owned by Anet.

The Match making

in PvP

Michael.7382

Dear Justin, the part with “accurate skill” is not fun at all. If u want to loose next player, sure it may be funny for You.
Since when a leadder position is accurate measurment of skill? A TOP1 is unbeatable godlike and top700 can’t beat a top5 coz they are far away fro meach other?
I’m not some kind of pve player that farmed skyhammer to r50, I played tournaments much to lvl up to 50 (took me half of year to make 40-50).
Funny thing, I try to help “fresh” guys when they ask for build or some kind of help, I belive in pvp in this game, I’m still here while many ppl alrdy left frustrated and You come to me with such response? Nice to know how much respect You have to Your players.
I jsut wanted to talk about it, maybe to improve it to make the game more fun but I see You don;t care about it?

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

The Match making

in PvP

Relentless.7023

Backpack got to top 100 LBs. I mean, BACKPACK

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

gg no re

1 – anet

Ranger | Elementalist

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Forz.1725

Forz.1725

Dear Justin, the part with “accurate skill” is not fun at all. If u want to loose next player, sure it may be funny for You.
Since when a leadder position is accurate measurment of skill? A TOP1 is unbeatable godlike and top700 can’t beat a top5 coz they are far away fro meach other?
I’m not some kind of pve player that farmed skyhammer to r50, I played tournaments much to lvl up to 50 (took me half of year to make 40-50).
Funny thing, I try to help “fresh” guys when they ask for build or some kind of help, I belive in pvp in this game, I’m still here while many ppl alrdy left frustrated and You come to me with such response? Nice to know how much respect You have to Your players.
I jsut wanted to talk about it, maybe to improve it to make the game more fun but I see You don;t care about it?

Justin was just mentioning that you either A ) have a low MMR or B ) you have been hit with a bug that means your MMR is lower than it should be. You are right, ladder position doesn’t have anything to do with skill level, and the system doesn’t match you based on that. Having a low MMR doesn’t even mean that you are a bad player, but that is the numerical value that is placed by the system based on the way you play.

MMR =/= Leaderboard position (as outlined by another previous post recently).

The rest of us are poking fun at you because it appears that you are raging on the forums and appear to believe that you are a top tier player. You helping other players or being a “model GW2 Citizen” doesn’t have anything to do with your skill level, it’s just that sometimes the truth hurts.

You got your answer on why you are getting grouped with other low rated players, why continue complaining?

Elementalist – Pancake Tragedy

(edited by Forz.1725)

The Match making

in PvP

Romek.4201

@Michael
you just dont understand how it works

PVP RANK means nothing for Tournaments – SoloQ and TeamQ

there are only 2 things
MMR – not visible is a number to find players on your skill- level to make matches fair
leaderboard ranking – visible and everyone should know what it is

justin talks here about YOUR MMR and when you dont understand what MMR (MatchMakingRating) is or dont even trie to understand what people trie to say than noone can help you anymore

stop looking on pvp rnaks they only show how long someone played not HOW GOOD

The Match making

in PvP

Michael.7382

Where I said I am TOP? I’m just good enough. And can’t be considered as TOP coz not playin in well-known team. And whats bad in helping ppl? I like to help if ppl want to improve by build, rotation etc.
Rank IS some measurment of skill, experience – unless its farmed in hotjoins/skyhammer.
And yes, I rage, coz I’m gettin partyed up with ppl that don’t know what to do. Somehow they r lowrank. Alwayse. So they r newb = new to game, not noob, while I play this since over 1yr.
U think it’s fun for them (new ppl, or casuals much) when I stomp them while they can’t do nothing about it in 90% of cases or fun for me when I kill them, even in 2v1?

And why I posted this is be4 I had better team ups and more balanced matches. But since patch, I keep gettin lowranked ppl all the time. And it wasn’t like this be4.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

(edited by Michael.7382)

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Hawky.9306

Hawky.9306

Where I said I am TOP? I’m just good enough. And can’t be considered as TOP coz not playin in well-known team. And whats bad in helping ppl? I like to help if ppl want to improve by build, rotation etc.
Rank IS some measurment of skill, experience – unless its farmed in hotjoins/skyhammer.
And yes, I rage, coz I’m gettin partyed up with ppl that don’t know what to do. Somehow they r lowrank. Alwayse. So they r newb = new to game, not noob, while I play this since over 1yr.
U think it’s fun for them (new ppl, or casuals much) when I stomp them while they can’t do nothing about it in 90% of cases or fun for me when I kill them, even in 2v1?

And why I posted this is be4 I had better team ups and more balanced matches. But since patch, I keep gettin lowranked ppl all the time. And it wasn’t like this be4.

I’m rank 12. I’m getting paired with people who are rank 50. Why? MMR. Rank means nothing. A good majority of the time I’m the highest Scorer, I only cap or defend points too!

(edited by Hawky.9306)

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Scarlett.1549

Scarlett.1549

I feel really sorry for you Michael I don’t understand why everyone is hating on you. I see this all the time, and feel the exact same. I too don’t care about LB, I was rank 350, now I’m ranked 750+, I’ve also put a ridiculous amount of time into PvP. I too think that the matchmaking is still flawed, better.. but still flawed. Nothing is perfect though, and I believe it is simply the game type which is messing things up. If things were on a smaller scale, such as 3v3 or 2v2 with no capture objectives, you’d see a huge shift in fun because you won;t be so dependent on the people you’re teamed with.

As it is atm with the current competitive YOLO queue is even if you’re god walking among men, if you get a team of really low skilled players there is nothing you can do but try to talk into deaf ears, watching them feed 5 points per spawn.

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

It sounds like Michael might be in what other games call “elo hell”. There isn’t much I can do to help, but he has a chance to escape once everyone’s MMR is reset.

We’re talking about ways to better introduce players into solo and team arena, and how to better place them on the curve. Yes, this includes possibly blocking entry until X number of games have been played. Yes, this includes making hot-join better resemble competitive play. No, none of this is set in stone so please do continue giving us your ideas and opinions.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Scarlett.1549

Scarlett.1549

Best idea imo is to offer different competitive modes, the only reason people are playing it is because it’s the ONLY option..

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Kavia.8249

Kavia.8249

You already have a great way to determine the starting location of players on the curve – that is rank.

Instead of barring low ranks from queuing, just start them lower on the MMR curve.

Of course this would only determine where people start, not how they move up or down.

I do not think preventing people from playing tournaments is the right approach. If enough new people are in the queue – you can have them all play against each other on the lower part of the MMR scheme. tPvP is the optimal learning environment – there will always be issues with hotjoin.

Kavia Kael
Champion Illusionist
Stormbluff Isle

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

I feel for you Michael, and what you say about rank is very true.

It is kind of “cool” these days to say “rank means nothing”, but your take on it is 100% correct. Nearly everyone that has played to rank 40+ is decent at least, they have played 100s of hours of spvp and probably across many classes.

Meanwhile, there are some very talented players under rank 20, but most are still just learning the ropes (unless they played a lot of WvW in which case they could be good at their class).

Its probably more accurate to say that “solo leaderboard rank means nothing” than “rank means nothing” at the moment at least. So I understand the frustration you are feeling having to play with low ranked players- these days normal 5vs5 hotjoin feels a lot more skill based than solo queue if you get a run on a good server.

The Match making

in PvP

Michael.7382

Y, I agree with this cool “rank is nothing”.
Somehow “rank means nothing” ppl with 40+ or 50+ know what to do, know rotations, targetting (this is nightmare, no1 follows the target at lower lvls). The point is if they didnt hot join MUCH or farmed it on skyhammer, they played in tournament enviroment hundreads of games, even thousands to be 50 or + which gave them HUGE experience. Sure I admitt there r ppl highy ranked that play simply bad and lack basic knowledge or sense when to rez, when to dps downed, when to stomp etc. And yesterday I had gr8 party of under 20. They juut played to win and listend my tips and we won easily 500-2xx. So sure I met even many times ppl who played gr8 and were not high ranked, but they are rather minority, let’s say 20%. While on above lvls the minority of ppl duno what to do, and I generall ppl r aware of what is going on, check minimap etc.
It is just not fun to play when I try to carry the game as much as I can, but i still loose coz my team don’t know what to do + don’t listen what they shall do. And I watch what they do, how they play and it’s CLEAR that they are new or played not much or got bad habbits from hot joins. And I can’t do nothing about it if they don’t want to co-operate. And in most cases they don’t.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Mladi Bojevnik.2517

Mladi Bojevnik.2517

Well playing with new members in party can be depressing yes and in a 5 man match you can not do miracles. But by reading your posts I think problem is in your as well. By statements I tell them what to do, ping on map, I carry them, when they listen to me we win easily.

it reminds me on games when I have such players in team and mini map is just spammed and spammed and people drawing stuff only god knows what it means. A lot of times it confuses me so much I just do not know what to do anymore and for new players it has to be even more cofusing.

Ussualy such players also like to blame the team instead of doing their best and try to make a comeback.

Maybe my opinion is wrong but if you are such a player try to leave other people to do what they want and focus on your game. It is good to give some guidelines during game or tell that buffs will happend but too much information does more harm than good.

And yes ranks are pointless if people got them in hot join 8vs8 or skyfarm. There are also some people with multiple accounts and people playing only spvp who have low ranks but high skill.

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Ixl Super Ixl.7258

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

LOOOOOOOOL, that post by Justin just made my day. Also Michael.7382, I have to agree with Justin here, The fact is that you are over rank 50 and yet you are not even on the leaderboard. This suggest that your skill level is equal or close to these of rank 10-20 players. You never know these days specially with all the skyhammer farming that was done. But again I might be wrong, but the fact remains, you are not on the leaderboard so you get matched with players who are not on the leaderboard. Nothing wrong with that.

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

It sounds like Michael might be in what other games call “elo hell”. There isn’t much I can do to help, but he has a chance to escape once everyone’s MMR is reset.

I guess it can be compared to that MOBA term… but you HAVE to note that all the downsides of it (yes MOBAs do have the downsides I list) are a few if not dozen times worse in GW2.

They have shenanigans modes, soloQ modes and THEN it has ranked Q.
Solo and ranked aren’t both mashed into one.

Seperate, that gives people a place to play the same game mode (SPvP tends to be shenanigans) and try out different specs or play around with friends against somewhat evenly skilled players.
Without that, with those people are playing ‘tournaments’…
Literally anyone is able to sign up for ‘tournaments’…

MOBAs allow you to pick from different toons to fit different roles so every player is given an overt option to pick to help the team comp.
GW2 has a half-baked version of that through toon swapping before a match starts.

The ELO hell in GW2 is much more massive for the small population since it’s overloaded with casuals.
The ELO hell in GW2 is much more spastic, since casuals tend to play however they want.
The ELO hell in GW2 puts no focus at all on comp, so people tend to end up playing whatever they want.
The ELO hell in GW2 isn’t even like playing ranked play at all since half the people are only just learning to play the game…

You guys are, laughably, trying to make a competitive PvP system that can’t work, work and claiming you’ve got it under control…
Yet a jokingly easy real fix is only a few weeks worth of coding away.

If you introduced SoloQ (tournies not tied to rank) and made tournies for rank 20~ or higher, the game would have been fine.
You could have had ‘working matchmaking’ most of a year ago.

Then you could have built towards allowing people to make a ‘pool’ of off specs they could switch between before a match starts, in general make the whole ‘before the match starts’ more geared towards working out a comp, not just afk’ing or buny hopping.

Sorry for the rage it’s just annoying to see devs gloss over issues, issues that are mostly negating their ‘fixes’, while acting like a ‘reset’ and few tweaks to matchmaking will make a broken system all well and good…

(edited by garethh.3518)

The Match making

in PvP

Romek.4201

matchmaking is MUCH better now than before – i played now since patch maby 20 games and most of them was close matches

matchmaking is fine

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Silentshoes.1805

Silentshoes.1805

Michael,

You said you are more of a lone wolf type…and I think that explains a lot. You do your own thing in a match, and you tell the other players what they need to do to follow your strategy for the match. I am guessing you play a burst roamer, not a support class. Is that right?

But I think you probably need to change how you play to actually support team fights more. Leaderboad rank today is ONLY about how effectively your playstyle helps a weak team cap, hold, and win. Seriously

Your MMR fell as soon as you were no longer teamed with high MMR players. My guess is that your type of play, probably roaming and 1v1s, does not contribute enough to weaker teams and so you started losing, and your MMR fell further, and then you got into REALLY new players at low levels and you are stuck.

If you were fortunate when SoloQ came out and won early games, you were given a high MMR. That high MMR put you with top teams that kept your MMR high. With teams like that you can roam and if your playstyle doesn’t contribute much to the win, it does not matter much since the team is so strong and they all know what to do without you.

I am only guessing here. Do you play a lone-wolf roamer burst build? What class and build is your favorite?

The Alien (condi necro),That Wreckin Crew (Mesmer)
Silentshoes (Thief), Wind of the Woods (condi ranger)

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

uh still no improvement after reset…. rank 3 vs rank 56…..yeaaaa

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

The Match making

in PvP

Romek.4201

maby this 56 is a skyhammer farmer and mmr same as the 3?

The Match making

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Can you give us any another figure than “pvp level” to glare at ingame?

…The other games that have “elo hell” has visible rating (not rank) right there on your ingame name to prevent any confusion, and to let the player track his/her progress.

Thanks for reading.

If we DO get to see our MMR, remember that it is not an indicator of how well you win fights, it is PRIMARILY a measure of how well you help a weak team perform well enough to win a match. And that is mostly communication, overall strategy, map awareness, and good decisions in a short time frame based on the map.

The Match making

in PvP

Cynz.9437

maby this 56 is a skyhammer farmer and mmr same as the 3?

he is not..i faced him like 5 matches in a row…hes been farming the crap out of everyone
that guy knew how to abuse portals, clones etc. definitely not lv 3 noob that farmed skyhammer

All is Vain~

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

Why can’t u just admit the system is broken and try to fix it ? Instead of saying that “rank doesn’t matter” … If it doesn’t matter make it random, reset everything, what is the difference ?

Not everybody used exploit to climb the leaderboards, some people really play SOLO, and this guys, no matter how good they are, they are going to fall their MMR to the ground because each loss is a better chance to be matched with worse and worse players, afk players and against a higher rank team… Just because they are not abusing the system….

What about the top players that played for 15 matches and stopped ??? This is the number of matches you guys want us to have ? Play 15 tourneys and leave ?? This is the same number I can make in some hours… This is unbelievable….

For the system to be less unfair, The MMR should match the enemy not your teammates.

Anyway…

Why not make it a period of time and reset ? Good players are always gonna make their way to the top . And the competition will be nice every month, new players will try harder to have a good leaderboard cause at least they know every month they have another chance.

With the current system not even Chuck Norris would be able to climb his way to the top once his MMR is down… Just admit it and make it fair please…

The Match making

in PvP

Romek.4201

i rly cant understand why so many people have a problem to understand that rank has nothing to do with tournament, mmr and leaderboard-ranking

arenanet should hide it – to hard for people

(edited by Romek.4201)

The Match making

in PvP

Cynz.9437

i rly cant understand why so many people have a problem to understand that rank has nothing to do with tournament, mmr and leaderboard-ranking

ppl understand that but you still have to realize that lv 50 person will farm lv 1 and keep getting points; it is neither fair to that lv 1 nor people who happend to be teamed with him as he is just feeding

they should have done it same way as it is in LoL:
when you started to do ranked, your mmr is calculated based on normal games(non ranked) and 10 qualification games (that don’t award any points but serve to measure your skill so to say); after you done 10 qualifications games you get placed in legaue that corresponds to your performance which is really good system imo, as you don#t face people who played game for years nor you faceroll noobs

the problem with match making system here is that lv 1 gets to face lv 50; lv 50 knowing that lv 1 most likely doesn’t know anything will just farm the crap out of lv 1

All is Vain~

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Yuki.1765

Yuki.1765

Right now pvp level is just how much time you’ve farmed sPvP, rather than an actual skill indication.

Of course it is!

The question is, what is a good player ?
- A killer ? Kills lots of people and get lots of points.
- A bunker ? Defends your positions for your team, but he won’t get a lot of points.
- A support ? Helps his allies, heal and debuff them.
- A PGM ? Perfect builds, fully optimized.

Or, a mix ?

Now, how can you measure those parameters?
- kills, captures, top stats, it’s very easy to get them.
- But how can you measure if THIS guy is pro with his class ? How can you determine if the used skills were the most appropriate in the situation? I think it’s very hard to measure this!

That’s why glory points doesn’t mean anything, they’re based on kills and captures only.

That’s why, maybe this “rank 5 guy” is better than you, who knows ?!

Now about the ladderboard well …. Supposing rank doesn’t mean anything, being in a r50 team doesn’t mean you’ll win !!!

Furthermore, the biggest problem in SoloQ is the communication. Even if your team is supposed to be pro, if no ones communicate, you’ll loose. In the contrary, a noob team with a good communication may win.

And then, don’t forget the “off-peak” hours. Most of the times it is pretty hard to get player that match your level in off-peak.

So, YES the system need to be improved. How? I Don’t know, it’s very complicated. Shame on those sky hammer r50 farmers…. Now being in a r50 team is ridiculous…

Why not, at least people won’t focus on those stupid numbers, that doesn’t reflect your real level

lv 50 knowing that lv 1 most likely doesn’t know anything

Just a question: You’re a very good GvGer in WvW. You want to start sPvP and soloQ. Of course that guy needs to learn the map strats. BUT, do you think this guy could be worse than a nooby skyhammer r50 ? Honnestly

Yuni Yuki n’ Co PvP r39 – WvW r962 – Necromant and Guardian !
Vizunah Spirit [VSS], Vizunah Square [FR] We’ll never surrender!

(edited by Yuki.1765)

The Match making

in PvP

Michael.7382

Super – I was on tpvp leadder, I didn’t lately team arena so felt out of 1000 as ratio is close to 50% with 1k win/1k loose. And not being on leadder makes me bad? How stupid is this.
Also yes, it is wrong, matching like this. You belive I’m bad coz I’m not on leadderboards and I’m not a part of known team. = bad? I can’t be good just by improving myself? Ofc I played also ~3k team arena matches (kind of 1k before leadder) with friends/pugs. I played RA in GW1 this way, wasn’t part of golden cape guild, but ppl knew me I’m good mesmer so I was 1st target. And no1 was giving a crap like: ur not golden cape guild whoru noob etc, while i hear it now? Silly.
Silentshoes – lately I play thief. When I asked team about shadow refuge opener on mid on foefire what I heared from team: how u do it? …. I try to support team fight by refuge rezes, posion on guards, aoe wekaness combo field and pressin soft targets.
I don’t like playing bunker builds. It’s boring for me to stand on a point whole match/support mid get back close. I played close bunker for few weeks, sure it helped having close almost every time on our favor but it’s just boring. And I hold close, but my team fails on mid, or go far, what can I do about it ?
And as I said: I see ppl in my team are inexperienced. And I play for win so try to lead party to wining. When I ping on map and say on chat “dont kill svanir, thief in stealth want to steal” no1 listening. I look around much and pay attetnion much what is going on around me so in most cases I see sum1 coming from behind etc etc while my team doesn’t. I don’t see a reason to bring portal + iol on mes, coz I’m the only one who uses it in some effective way. I rezed 4 (!) ppl with IoL at down buff on temple, and although I targeted them a necro to finish they all just died trying to kill every1 else xept target. I was like: is it really happening? SO following Ur way of thinking I shall play class and build that I don’t ejoy eg bunker guardian or hambow warrior point assassulter just to be team valuable by being tanky? I’m team valuable by playing roamer/burst, and this is my play style since over year. And I want to keept it thats why I ask ppl what to do, where to hold, when disengage etc.
Yuki – I’m not saying r50’s in a team guarantee win, but at least they mostly know what to do. We loose coz we get outplayed/better builds on opposing team, not coz of lack of basic knowledge.
Mladi – I don’t ping map like mad. I do 1-2 pings + a comment on team chat. It’s not like i do 10 pings and say nothing. Let every1 what they want to do? In 90% cases they do it anyway. So I shall let 2 ppl cap point with me and say nothing? I shall let my gr8 team zerg move to far after wining mid, dying there and loosing mid after? Coz they think it’s right while clearly it’s not? They would know if they played much. I alwayse try to do my best, I encourage ppl even when it’s 4v5 from the begining or we fall behind 200 points. Coz I belive in win and want to win. Also I’m not talking about skilled ppl with 2nd accounts. U can see this after watching such person for few moments. I had such guy today, starter armor etc, but he played in a great way.

Also it’s not Dota. Sometimes, while my party fed enemy I farmed good and was able make gr8, very strong items and actually win the 1v3/4 teamfights by myself and win us a game. Not much, but it happend. But here it’s simply immpossible. I can play godlike in any way but it won;t save the game if team don’t wana cooperate/communicate.
Also : I hope they will rollback every point farmed in skyhammer for everyone.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

(edited by Michael.7382)

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

Your MMR is on the low end, which may be an accurate representation of your skill or you were hit by a bug that destroyed your MMR.

That is so not professional why would a dev tell somebody else they suck at the game and they should leave.

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

The Match making

in PvP

Romek.4201

@CachoDM

you should read the worth OR and the complete text not only the part you wanna read

Justin tells the 2 possible options to answer the OP Question and he dont say anything about the OP

The Match making

in PvP

Silentshoes.1805

Hi Michael…

I too, use to play a thief. I, too, liked to roam or I get bored. So I understand very well. But what you want is probably not possible right now.

I found out that a thief really does not help a weak team enough to win.

I had to switch to tankier class that can hold a point or very strongly support weak teams. Maybe after the reset I will get a higher MMR and better teams, and I can roam again, and not babysit so much.

(edited by Silentshoes.1805)

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

just got farmed in team queue with 2 friends we are all above rank 50….we had 2 rank 3 other team had 50+ NICE MM ANET!!!

The Match making

in PvP

Michael.7382

Btw, mes is my main Oh Silent, it is possible… When there is a teamwork it works more than good. Coz with thief I can be alomst everywhere fast, if they call for help etc, the problem is, new ppl just don’t say anything. There is 0 communication. They seem to run somwhere not sure exactly why they do it and it’s a problem. Also, new ppl, after hotjoins like to think assasulting far with 4ppl is good idea etc… I can help them, stealth stomp etc but I can’t do all alone, so I just ask my team for support and some coordination. And when there is no coordination it just makes me sick -.-

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

The Match making

in PvP

Michael.7382

Btw, played ~30 games today, won ~20 of them. Altho ppl were low ranked, not skilled much (clear mistakes like attacking after being in refuge sicne 2sec, rezing vs 2 enemy and being dpsed to death etc) we won 4xx-500 coz they actually wanted to win. When I asked to come to help close, they came, when I asked not to go far, they didn’t, when I pinged a target they tryed to follow. It’s not easy, coz I also waste precious time typing this all on team chat, but it let us win. But i’m gettin furious when i type it, trying to win and ppl just ignore it, and we get kicked 2xx-500….

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

The Match making

in PvP

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

I dont even know wht mmr is so ill not go into that but as OP said i have been playin for last 2 says and have same impression.
Right after the patch i had some really good matches with teams spread equally really close wins/loss.
Just few minutes ago i had a match with rank 1-7 and that was disastrous .
They dont know what is far,close mdi and not to say about how to play at all.
My problem how ever is that for past 7H i rarly had a bunker in a team while match making.
They said they will make it harder to have 2 wr 2 guard composition but,that is not obviously it.
I dont understand why ppl call this condition meta?
Its bunker meta ,more bunker in your team more time works for you,

It is hard to kill wr-guard-engi holding a point if they change it as they say they will after dec10 it will be impossible to kill this composition.
Add there MM necro and spirit ranger on close and far and u dont even have to run out to play if u dont have same team composition,time will beat u simple as that.
We clothees are just a rarity.

SO back to my topic after 7+ hours of playing i had a pleasure of being in just 3 matches where teams where equally drafted.
rest of the time i played with 4 cloth+1 guard against teams 2heavyarmor 2 leather and occasionally 1 clothe if ever.

I said this before ppl dont wont to change classes while spvp,
I dont want to change class,and i consider my self hybrid freak in a sense that i like to play all classes ,i have about 500 games with each class ,but i dont want to change cause i set my self other goals and dont like to be dictated how and with wht to play.

Bunker meta needs to stop they should award one time point bonus for capturing points, not points over time for holding it/
So this new match making system will solve nothing ,and as far as i can see it didnt change nothing ,so GG ANET