The Wardrobe and PvP

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Can we get some clarification on how the new wardrobe will affect PvP?

• Will our PvP skins be unlocked in the wardrobe for PvE?
  • Will we be able to use all wardrobe skins in PvP?
  • Will we need to use transmutation charges to adjust our PvP look?
“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: overlow.2980

overlow.2980

What will happen to the pvp skins allready equiped by characters, if they remove the differentiation with pvp and pve skins?

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

Will we need to buy transmutation charges to apply the skins to keep our pvp characters looking they way the do already?

If I have a legendary weapon, will I be able to have the legendary skin on more than one character simultaneously?

How many gems will a transmutation charge cost?

(edited by the sober ninja.6539)

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

This will probably be answered this friday.

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

I’ve got a bad feeling we’re going to need to spend transmute charges to change our look in PvP. Granted, if that means we can take Legendaries/Ascended looks into PvP it’s not all that bad, but if also applies to stuff we currently have…

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Worst case scenario is that our pvp wardrobe gets deleted, and we lose all of the skins in there, other than as unlocks.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

the sober ninja.6539

We won’t lose what’s already in our PvP locker. Devs have pretty much already said this, without actually saying it.

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

Hey guys! We’ll be talking more about this stuff in the weeks to come in our April 2014 Feature Pack info roll-out! Tune in to Ready Up! and watch the GW2 main site for more details. We have info coming that will address a lot of these questions.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Hey guys! We’ll be talking more about this stuff in the weeks to come in our April 2014 Feature Pack info roll-out! Tune in to Ready Up! and watch the GW2 main site for more details. We have info coming that will address a lot of these questions.

When’s the next one?

Nalhadia – Kaineng

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

AKA, “We need more time to come up with a goofy and funny way to tell you that after all that time of begging for rewards, you’ll get to now, buy them! -chuckle chuckle-” :P

Just kidding, I’m not that cynical. xD

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

When’s the next one?

Friday, they are weekly for the next 2 weeks I think.

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Yep, next RU will be this week on Friday!

Sorry I didn’t call that out explicitly. My bad.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Sarrs.4831

Okay, cool! I thought there was gonna be one today for some reason but I suppose not.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Recalibar.6482

Recalibar.6482

I’d love to see the pvp locker merged with the pve locker. But I can also see a lot of pve players screaming about how it isn’t fair, for whatever reason. I just don’t want to see all my work in pvp be revoked, and i think a lot of other pvp players feel the same way.

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I hope our gear pieces will be actual gear, and we sont have to buy transmutations every time we want to swap… Because right now, its completely free to change looks :/.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Char.4209

Char.4209

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

I made the wings of dwayna skin in PvE and I’d be happy….

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Recalibar.6482

Recalibar.6482

If you’re telling me you don’t want the pvp locker to be usable with pve just because you have the same skin for both pvp and pve, then that’s a net no-win situation for everyone.

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

What about my PvP skins?
PvP skins and PvE skins will no longer be mutually exclusive. This means that any skin that you unlocked for PvP will be available in your Wardrobe after the character wearing gear with equipped PvP skins visits the Heart of the Mists. In addition, any skins that were in your PvP Locker will be unlocked upon arriving at the Heart of the Mists.”

Source: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/46419166-Wardrobe

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Lotus.1682

Lotus.1682

Except for now, they are gonna force you to use transmutation charges to switch looks in PvP instead of it being free like before. I hope they reward some of these charges through PvP rewards because otherwise I for one am not gonna spend the already kittenty amount of gold I make through PvP on gems just to switch to an armor set that I have already unlocked..

Twistedlotus <Thief> xD
Isle of Janthir

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

The more that I think about this, the more questions come up.

Will I be in my PvE or PvP gear when I enter the mists? Will the PvP locker remain? If not, will I have to lug around every single PvP weapon that I use in my inventory? Will I have to transmute skins to the free PvP base weapons?

The way that I HOPE this works is your PvP locker is still there. But if you wanted to use a skin that’s only obtainable in PvE, you’ll have to transmute it onto your PvP gear.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Sarrs.4831

Except for now, they are gonna force you to use transmutation charges to switch looks in PvP instead of it being free like before. I hope they reward some of these charges through PvP rewards because otherwise I for one am not gonna spend the already kittenty amount of gold I make through PvP on gems just to switch to an armor set that I have already unlocked..

Have they explicitly confirmed this? I figured that it would only be necessary to spend Transmutation Charges to apply a skin to a set of gear with actual stats.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

We get to keep all our skins according to the quote below according to the support page.

What about my PvP skins?
PvP skins and PvE skins will no longer be mutually exclusive. This means that any skin that you unlocked for PvP will be available in your Wardrobe after the character wearing gear with equipped PvP skins visits the Heart of the Mists. In addition, any skins that were in your PvP Locker will be unlocked upon arriving at the Heart of the Mists.

source [url] https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/46419166-Wardrobe [/url]

Have they explicitly confirmed this? I figured that it would only be necessary to spend Transmutation Charges to apply a skin to a set of gear with actual stats.

Since PvP and PvE are skins are being combine you are going to have to drop some cash or use gold or do world completion for some free transumation stones, in any case. You are going to have to pay.

I doubt a lot of PvPers are going to be happy about it, but I suspect Anet is doing it for the majority of the players that already spend money on the game than the small PvP population.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

So whole left side of the mists and hotjoin will be filled with legendary particles…..

Dont get me wrong, the described wardrobe seems a better system than current transmutations, but thats only pve. Even if you finaly allow pvp poeple to earn legys and other goos looks, what will be the point of going for them, if every low casual played has them already ?

I simply want a sunrise, that has “PVP” writen on the blade, even of its size 12 TimesNewRoman made in Paint.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

I think the old skin locker will still be there for PvP. After all, it’s just a bank. There are actual physical items in the PvP locker, and I doubt they’re going to just delete them. However, if we want to use our skins elsewhere, or maybe use a skin twice that we don’t have two of, we’ll have to use the wardrobe.

It’s similar to how they’ll treat PvE items, I think. There’s no way they’d just remove all items from the bank there, so I doubt they’ll do that here. Anet isn’t forcing anyone to use the wardrobe. However, they are letting me use my Runic Blade in WvW without having to spend 1000+G, so that’s nice.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Thank-you for clarifying this. Can notes be posted for those who are unable to watch RU so we’re clear about how this is all going to work in the future.

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Mythoryk.7984

Mythoryk.7984

Thank-you for clarifying this. Can notes be posted for those who are unable to watch RU so we’re clear about how this is all going to work in the future.

Dulfy does weekly notes of the RUs.

Mythoryk: (Sorrow’s Furnace)
Guild: [CoSA]

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Raiga.4508

Raiga.4508

I want to add another question, will Gemstore-Skins that we bought but applied in PvP instead of PvE be available in the Wardrobe-Locker?
If this is one of the things being answered in the upcoming RUs, then sorry wasting your precious time. I’m really hyped about this.

Ultimate power corrupts ultimately.

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I will laugh really hard if the PvE’ers rage that we have access to Flame Axe, Wings Bows and Fiery Gladius in PvE when they get access to Legendaries in PvP that we PvP’ers have never been given access to —no means to acquire them solely by playing PvP--.

It will happen though and it will be hilarious.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Made this topic ages ago when we heard about this gear merge and everybody ignored it.

The real kicker for us pvp’ers is that we will not be able to equip the vast majority of our good looking gear because our characters are not all level 80 in pve.

I suppose with the separate “pvp” section in the hero tab they might work around this, but that creates its own problems

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

I will laugh really hard if the PvE’ers rage that we have access to Flame Axe, Wings Bows and Fiery Gladius in PvE when they get access to Legendaries in PvP that we PvP’ers have never been given access to —no means to acquire them solely by playing PvP--.

It will happen though and it will be hilarious.

I don’t have flame axe or fiery gladius

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Levis.6137

Levis.6137

Can a dev confirm, that the wardrobe change includes unique PvE skins for pvp aswell?!
(Legendarys, Mjölnir, Vulcanos, Bonnetti’s Rapier, Whisperblade, Foefire’s Essence,…,….)

General Kayun
Riverside [DE]

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

As far as I know your pvp skins will be available but to actually use them you will need “charges” which initially can be acquired by any of the 1-79 transmutation stones or bought from the trading post. Also, if you unlock one piece on a character you now have access to it from all your toons. I think what’s his face is wrong saying " we won’t be able to use them cause we are not level 80" because you have already acquired the skin…you aren’t transferring the stats of the item you are trading appearances. Maybe I am wrong about that but appearance should have nothing to do with the stat bonuses. It will be a bit of a gold sink to get the “charges” because I am sure they will remove them from daily rewards.

B O I N K

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

I hope transmutations are part of the new reward system, so we can actually use our pvp skins in pve… Or even reward them as daily, it would actually give a point to doing dailies.

Transmutations are way too expensive to buy with just the gold you make from playing…

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Mythoryk.7984

Mythoryk.7984

Can a dev confirm, that the wardrobe change includes unique PvE skins for pvp aswell?!
(Legendarys, Mjölnir, Vulcanos, Bonnetti’s Rapier, Whisperblade, Foefire’s Essence,…,….)

Every skin in the game will be available in both PvE and PvP formats. Legendaries included. It’s one of the primary reasons for the wardrobe system.

Mythoryk: (Sorrow’s Furnace)
Guild: [CoSA]

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

the sober ninja.6539

Every skin in the game will be available in both PvE and PvP formats. Legendaries included. It’s one of the primary reasons for the wardrobe system.

Not gonna lie, my PvE armor looks aweful scrubby. Can’t wait till the 15th.

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

in this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/No-Rewards-For-PvP
they’ve said “We removed glory and match reward chests early to prevent a flood of PvE players from coming into PvP just to fill their wardrobe.”

so yup, sounds like all of our swag pvp sets will be going in to the wardrobe too,
highfive for a full set of arah gear
this is actually a pretty great reward for us pvpers,
i just wish i’d bought more cultural sets

for pvp i’d expect that it will have a similar transmute system but without the need for charges.

The Wardrobe and PvP

in PvP

the sober ninja.6539

in this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/No-Rewards-For-PvP
they’ve said “We removed glory and match reward chests early to prevent a flood of PvE players from coming into PvP just to fill their wardrobe.”

so yup, sounds like all of our swag pvp sets will be going in to the wardrobe too,
highfive for a full set of arah gear
this is actually a pretty great reward for us pvpers,
i just wish i’d bought more cultural sets

for pvp i’d expect that it will have a similar transmute system but without the need for charges.

Yeah, older PvPers are getting much more rewarded than people starting out. Also, don’t expect the transmutation system to be split between PvP and other game modes. I’m willing to bet it will be consistant across the entire game (ie. we as PvPers will be using transmutation charges to change our looks). This doesn’t bother me though, since being able to take my look to other areas of the game is worth paying to use the charges. Even if it means that I can’t change how I look in PvP 100 times a day (but who did that anyway?).