The answer is easy

The answer is easy

in PvP

Posted by: Thangorodrim.2748

Thangorodrim.2748

Many of you have always wondered why this unbalanced changes in pvp classes . Well , the answer is clear , they dont care a kitten for pvp , all changes are made matched in relation to pve . Pvp is a minigame here .

The answer is easy

in PvP

Posted by: Apokriphos.7042

Apokriphos.7042

If that was the case Necromancer would have received changes that gave them group utility.

They received NERFS to the miniscule amount of group utility they had (Well of Blood).

The answer is easy

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Sadly most of the balance changes are for PvP. The vast majority.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

The answer is easy

in PvP

Thangorodrim.2748

If that’s not the case , how do you explain the lack of new game modes or maps all people have been asking for and the high focus on the living story and similar things?

The answer is easy

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

He said “Balance” Changes…

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

The answer is easy

in PvP

Thangorodrim.2748

I know , it was just another evidence of what i said .

The answer is easy

in PvP

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

They could just balance things out by adding changes PVP-only i doubt that’s too hard to do

The answer is easy

in PvP

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

If that’s not the case , how do you explain the lack of new game modes or maps all people have been asking for and the high focus on the living story and similar things?

The answer is indeed simple. Too much problem, too few money. They can make a lot more on minis, gemstore skins, kites, etc. PvE being so simple (Take WoW for example: top PvE content caused headaches for months or weeks even for professional guilds – who played 6-10 hours every day of the week. Now compare that with Lupi solos, lvl 50 fractal solos, etc…) does not attract players who seek challage. (Except for those solo/speedrun maniacs.) Therefore all the hard brainwork of top players goes to PvP. Requiring a much more sophisticated environment to take place in. Much finer and detailed balancing. Even for the current gamemodes. Now add new game modes to that… Now they only have to balance around node fighting and some mobility issues. Imagine if flag carrying/death matches/etc. were added on top. People would come up with cheesy builds for flag carrying, or some ‘rez-spamming’ in death-matches and whatnot… Just more headaches for the dev team – not bringing a single penny.

So be ready for nice sounding promises. (They cant tell you right in the face to ‘GTFO pvp scrub’.) But dont expect anything that actually involves serious reworking of the current mechanics and balance things at the same time around pvp. They are more worried about AC P1 exploiters…

So my attitude is playing as many classes as I can/like and if a patch screws me up on one class, I go and enjoy an other that’s just been buffed to oblivion. Until the next balance patch…

Money talks!

enthusiastic noob

The answer is easy

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The game will never be balanced as long as the balance team keeps the same methodology. They wait 5-6 months and then release a ton of changes. All that does it change one OP spec to another.

If they want to do it right, they need to act more like an esport. Release balance updates more frequently, and tweak the broken specs. Broken is defined by being OP, or by being used by virtually no one.