The devs do a good job

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Believe it or not every time we QQ it proves the devs made a game that we care about.

So the devs do a good job. They know their stuff, they seem to have good chemistry and they do support the game – we cant say they don’t.

But for the love of tyria please hotfix warrior and elite ranger spirit to what you suggested. Next patch just stick these in. We really cannot wait for the warrior 8% HS reduction. Please listen to us and put this change in before the big balance patch. I guarentee you it wont screw the meta up. There is NO CHANCE warrior wont be still the best after this 8% nerf. Same with the ranger elite spirit.

Thanks,

Henry

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

As current rank 3 on the solo q leaderboard, I agree with this post

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Superhoops.8956

Superhoops.8956

Great post Henry, what a genius you are putting these ideas forward.

From current rank 1 solo q leaderboard

p.s. can I have your autograph?

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

They’re slow with changes that should take a minute to change numbers on whatever numbers editor they use for values.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

They’re slow with changes that should take a minute to change numbers on whatever numbers editor they use for values.

Its not quite that simple and I see why they dont make quick changes. But an 8% healing signet change will likely have no effect on the meta. But at least by getting it in now things can improve slightly. Any fears they have are unfounded.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

As someone with a decent brain, I can sum up balancing since release by using one word:

incompetence

It’s funny that you give it the big man by saying you have a brain and then fail utterly by using incompetence when in this context you should of said incompetent.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

As someone with a decent brain, I can sum up balancing since release by using one word:

incompetence

It’s funny that you give it the big man by saying you have a brain and then fail utterly by using incompetence when in this context you should of said incompetent.

Thanks for correcting that, English is not my native language.

Well your comment adding nothing so whatever. It didn’t discuss the thread at all

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidia.5127

Obsidia.5127

ArenaNet – Why would you wait so long to nerf something like this? Just add it into the next patch! It’s not even a big nerf but it’ll be enough to keep people going till the actual balance patch in a couple of months.

I just can’t think of a reason for you not to do this.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

ArenaNet – Why would you wait so long to nerf something like this? Just add it into the next patch! It’s not even a big nerf but it’ll be enough to keep people going till the actual balance patch in a couple of months.

I just can’t think of a reason for you not to do this.

Me niether :S

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

The ranger Elite Spirit is not bugged. The tooltip is bugged.

It’s been healing for 480 for at least 5 months now as seen here:

http://youtu.be/AY1ZFP_GC9U?t=6m19s

I’d assume that it has always healed for that much and they are just calling it a bug now to excuse it for being OP.

Ranger//Necro

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

The devs really don’t do a good job. They stumbled upon an excellent combat system, but everything else they’ve done is kitten. Balance is terrible and slow, most of the new maps are bad, there are no new game modes or any other content, they ignore most of what the playerbase tells them and then later have to slowly fix it, their communication is almost nonexistent and what they say is meaningless, they haven’t made a PTR, and the list goes on and on. People like the game because the core combat mechanics are really good, but the devs are not doing anything beyond that to improve the game.

Anet reminds me of Mythic and DAoC. They released a fantastic game with mechanics that were hugely loved, but had no idea what to do with it. The first expansion was basically just improving the current game, and things went great, but then they had a massive brain diarrhea and figured hey, let’s release Trials of Atlantis! And then they lost a huge chunk of the playerbase, and most of the subsequent expansions were either disliked or largely ignored beyond necessity to such a degree that some of the most popular servers were the Classic servers which got rid of much of the expansion content. Sadly anet is much the same.

They have a great base, but no kittening clue what to do with it. The only difference between DAoC and GW2 in that regard is that Mythic actually released new content whereas Anet avoids making mistakes by simply not doing anything.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

incompetence

Thanks for correcting that, English is not my native language.

Well your comment adding nothing so whatever. It didn’t discuss the thread at all

Guess I have to explain my statement a little more then:

The changes you mentioned won’t change anything which you basically said yourself (“There is NO CHANCE warrior wont be still the best after this 8% nerf. Same with the ranger elite spirit.”). It’s funny how it takes months until they release those balance patches and it’s just as bad afterwards. That’s the reason why incompetent (got it this time) is the perfect word to discribe them. I hope that’s enough explanation.

ok, I am sorry for being a kitten to you in the thread then. Thanks for the comment

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

The reason the signet change is not going in is because it isn’t bugged and more than likely the improvements for the active have not been finalized yet.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

incompetence

The concept of incompetence? he didn’t say the balancing was incompetent. Plus, you don’t qualify balancing as incompetent anyway; you qualify the devs themselves, so you’re wrong as well.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Dev: “We thought long and hard about this change. Longbow produced too much adrenaline….”:

Warrior community: “Um?..longbow produces no adrenaline unless you use a master master tier trait in furious which is not found in the longbow tree”

Dev: “….silence….”

Dev: “…more silence….”

Warrior community: “This feels more like a political change to appease the constant QQ longbow is currently getting on Hambow and not a well thought out change at all.”

A-net: “Gone on holiday. Back soon.”

This is an example. Just one example of many. You can forgive people if they do not share your view. For their part [development team] it is beyond doubt a lot of technical skill is present. This holds true for a lot guild wars 2. For the gamer’s part many of us/them invest into hardware to get the most from the experience and login hundreds of hours to build rank, fractal level, achievement in order to get the highest end game content. When all this investment is debased by changes that don’t live up to the justification for the reasons given this undermines confidence. Whether it be flame kissed armor that is removed and not replaced, skills changed entirely or nerfed for seemingly unknown reasons etc etc..well, you’re only as good as your last (insert x.) This is why on every profession forum currently there is a lot people expressing concerns about how damage down grading is about to be implemented. For many it is going to undermine the role/build they play in their team pvp, or the investment they have made in gear so they can remain effective and not a revive dump in higher end game contend. To take one example of typical QQ about healing signet. At level 80 with some investment in healing it ticks for 410 (500 with adrenal healing) This is chicken feed at fractal lvl 40. In any other aspect from Ascalon Catacombs where it ticks for 72 per second..or even entry level Queensdale where it ticks for 10 health the change has reduced it to be inadequate at entry level and high level as well, but left it suitable for mid level content dungeons. The major drive for this change is PvP, which currently is still the lowest population sector. Again, another nerf for political reasons where in high end content receiving 5K damage over 11 seconds is common in engagements and it was dodging/blocks that was preventing you from being overwhelmed, not the signet passive itself. This is not to mention reducing physical damage to make other professions seem as viable. This is the same as just cutting the wealthy’s paycheck by 10% and some how hoping that will benefit the poor somehow.
I agree the development team do exceptionally with what they have to work with, but it is clear that some choices made have reduced a lot of confidence by players to want to invest any more time, gems etc etc into a game that is slowly nerfing what they have built and worked up for.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

4 months to push out a balance patch while the Living World team delivers contents each two weeks is kinda sad imho.

I mean, do they have only 4 people working on the PvP team?

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

As someone who is currently outside the top 1000 on the leaderboards I agree that the devs are doing a good job. Its also important for keen players to voice their concerns about aspects of the game in a reasonable fashion.

Some say that the devs don’t listen to the player base, but the player base in itself is composed of various opinions; basically whatever they do or don’t do someone is going to criticize them.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

As someone who is currently outside the top 1000 on the leaderboards I agree that the devs are doing a good job. Its also important for keen players to voice their concerns about aspects of the game in a reasonable fashion.

Some say that the devs don’t listen to the player base, but the player base in itself is composed of various opinions; basically whatever they do or don’t do someone is going to criticize them.

like fixing profession mechanics bugs known to them for over half a year or longer..
yeah.. leave the dev’s alone.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

like fixing profession mechanics bugs known to them for over half a year or longer..

Are there really any gamebreaking profession bugs?

When I play, everything goes fairly smoothly, sometimes things don’t work exactly right, like a signet passive might not work for a while, or a skill won’t trigger for some reason, or there is some lag; but overall the game is extremely polished and over the course of a session I never feel like there was some profession bug which stopped me from becoming a pvp god.

So I feel that this smooth, enjoyable experience, which I’ve spent 100s of hours wasting my life- er -enjoying myself with, is thanks to the hard work of the amazing dev team.

Sometimes I or others say “hey don’t you think warrior is OP because of such and such”, or “isn’t braindead condition spam a bit over the top?” etc, because we notice things that seem off and want to give that feedback; but just saying “the devs suck” really doesn’t help in any way, and makes me think you haven’t played many mmos before because most that I have played are worse in every way in terms of balance, dev feedback, bugs etc.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

When I play, everything goes fairly smoothly, sometimes things don’t work exactly right, like a signet passive might not work for a while, or a skill won’t trigger for some reason, or there is some lag; but overall the game is extremely polished and over the course of a session I never feel like there was some profession bug which stopped me from becoming a pvp god.

So I feel that this smooth, enjoyable experience, which I’ve spent 100s of hours wasting my life- er -enjoying myself with, is thanks to the hard work of the amazing dev team.

Sometimes I or others say “hey don’t you think warrior is OP because of such and such”, or “isn’t braindead condition spam a bit over the top?” etc, because we notice things that seem off and want to give that feedback; but just saying “the devs suck” really doesn’t help in any way, and makes me think you haven’t played many mmos before because most that I have played are worse in every way in terms of balance, dev feedback, bugs etc.

Check profession sub forums, bug forums, there has been a buglist presented to the dev’s months ago (6-8 posts long list) so hardly any bug has been fixed.
adhominim stuff is irrelevant.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Check profession sub forums, bug forums, there has been a buglist presented to the dev’s months ago (6-8 posts long list) so hardly any bug has been fixed.
adhominim stuff is irrelevant.

There are no game breaking profession bugs. There are a few sucky ones though like warrior block bug and necro life force bug on khylo. But not really totally game breaking

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Clostridius.2415

Clostridius.2415

YES WE CAN: THEY DON’T!!!!!!!

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Lets see…
Leaderboards———fail

Custom Arenas——-medium

Soloq———ahahahahahaha, totally failure, since its been introduced we are filling the forums with bugs and things that we hate about soloq.Pictures of rank1 guys matched up with rank 50 are all over the forums.Y great job

Rewards——-good

Balance-Meta——————here is another fail, many spvpers have stated that this meta is boring, bad and it doesnt promote competitive play but just a spammfest..

So they are doing a good job just cause we are “begging” em not to destroy that really good combat system that its been given to them…?
They are doing good job into destroying it for sure..

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Quincy.2198

Quincy.2198

Serious. What a joke.

Ninov Is Strng
Ninov Ftw

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

I have to disagree with the main sentiment of this post. The Devs for PVE, Living world and dungeons have done a good job. Far better then 98% of the games out there currently. They are very creative and not afraid to try new things. Who ever is in charge of the PVP side of the game is failing. This will only become more visible as we get closer to some game releases in 2014. Many of which are promising PVP content and talking about creative new ideas for it. It sickens me that as stated in other post back in October, we as a community where told big things where coming and then again in November and then again in December. Followed with the news that there is nothing of significant value coming out till after living world (3 months from now). I want to share just a few points below as to what I think is wrong with the game and how I think they can fix it as it relates to PVP.

1. No test servers. This is the first game I have played with such large scale PVP without a test server. Create a test server!

2. Balances among all classes- again a test server would help this. Players could spend a few hours a month testing upcoming changes and provide feedback. There is no reason that with a dedicated PVP team there can’t be changes to balance each month. Sure there will be some lag at first but once you have a test server and start collecting data you should be able to pump out changes on a regular basis.

3. different game modes- Even if there is only Three people on this PVP team, one person working 40 hours a week should be able to add something new and exciting every quarter. A new arena or game mode 4 times a year. I know that the guys that work on GW2 PVP have creative ideas its time you guys start working on them.

You know this game is still my favorite game and I don’t wine or cry often on the forums. However lately I have found myself doing just a little more each month. I feel like there has been many examples this year of misguided promises about PVP from the Devs involved. I have played this game almost everyday after work since release, I spend at least $50 each month on gems to support not only my habits but this game. PVP a year later is still just an after thought. When I first started I hoped it would become a huge part of this game, a huge success. I still hold out hope and I sure hope the Devs do read the 100s of post the last two days. If I ran my business like this I would be preparing to explain the 40% decrease in business this year.

Its time guys to leap the the next level and soon. You need an outlined game plan and you need to do something creative soon otherwise you will be on the inside looking out saying " what next" When ncsoft cuts funding or jobs. You guys cannot afford to lose the percentage of people who play this game just to pvp. Sure they don’t pay the bills but they do keep the extra member on staff and those extra lights on in the office. My purpose is not to belittle or to draw any negative to the devs personally because well lets face it we don’t know what the directive is behind your doors. This player base has been scream and pleading with you for a year now to help them keep their needs alive here in GW2.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Nacht Fuchs.3762

Nacht Fuchs.3762

Rickster best narcissist on the forum!

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

[troll]
Yeah, anet has definitely done a great job. The 4v5s and 3v5s and the skyhammer in solo queue are a clear indication of that!
[/troll]
Even though I am really frustrated with the above, GW2’s pvp is undoubtedly the best MMO PvP I’ve ever played, and I think it will remain so for me for a very long time.

As for what you mentioned, Anet has said it several times, that they won’t nerf the Healing Signet’s passive before they come up with a good idea about the active. So there won’t be a hot fix for that.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Believe it or not every time we QQ it proves the devs made a game that we care about.

So the devs do a good job. They know their stuff, they seem to have good chemistry and they do support the game – we cant say they don’t.

But for the love of tyria please hotfix warrior and elite ranger spirit to what you suggested. Next patch just stick these in. We really cannot wait for the warrior 8% HS reduction. Please listen to us and put this change in before the big balance patch. I guarentee you it wont screw the meta up. There is NO CHANCE warrior wont be still the best after this 8% nerf. Same with the ranger elite spirit.

Thanks,

Henry

I think their concern here is that takes away 2 bullet points from their 15 bullet point “LARGE” pvp patch.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Why is your rank on the leaderboard germane here at all? People need to get over the idea that being good at this game somehow equals sound judgement on its merits or some kind of intelligence above the average player. This could be the worst game in the world and there would still be players very good at it. These types of threads are useless really one way or another. These guys are professionals that get paid to do there jobs. Not sure why you, the paying customer, feels the need to tell them how great they did as some counter point to criticism they get. I will never understand it really although I have the sneaky suspicion the idea here is for people to pat themselves on the back and say really I am quite a good sensible fellow look at me throwing boquets the devs way I am so understanding! If I was a dev what would make me happy is making a game with very popular pvp and turning that into more money/ a better job/ sense of satisfaction. Not this boot licking nonsense.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Why is your rank on the leaderboard germane here at all? People need to get over the idea that being good at this game somehow equals sound judgement on its merits or some kind of intelligence above the average player. This could be the worst game in the world and there would still be players very good at it. These types of threads are useless really one way or another. These guys are professionals that get paid to do there jobs. Not sure why you, the paying customer, feels the need to tell them how great they did as some counter point to criticism they get. I will never understand it really although I have the sneaky suspicion the idea here is for people to pat themselves on the back and say really I am quite a good sensible fellow look at me throwing boquets the devs way I am so understanding! If I was a dev what would make me happy is making a game with very popular pvp and turning that into more money/ a better job/ sense of satisfaction. Not this boot licking nonsense.

Not really. I give loads of feedback, often negative. Hardly boot licking. Get a grip dude.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

i agree on both counts.

overall, devs are making best of what limited resources available.

and yes, some imba’s need hotfixes, cant wait till patch. eg -8% healing sig asap

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Main problem with balance? They don’t talk well enough with the community… how else things like dhumfire nerf or Diamond-Skin find its way into this game? All these changes that noone ever mentioned find their way into the game while all the actual suggestions we made, are being ignored (atleast most of them)

Read It Backwards [BooN]

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i miss the old GW1 healing sig, VERY short CD, VERY risky with more damage recieved while casting for 2 seconds, large heal if you get it off

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

No. The designers made a game we care about. The developers haven’t done much in the last 2 years besides showing that they have absolutely no idea of class balance or bug fixing priorities.

I command you to be AWESOME.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

No. The designers made a game we care about. The developers haven’t done much in the last 2 years besides showing that they have absolutely no idea of class balance or bug fixing priorities.

Is there a big difference?

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Is there a big difference?

Developers develop.
Designers design.

:P

Developing is much more about number crunching, bug fixing, coding, implementing, etc. It’s “down and dirty”. Designing is much more high level, usually done by non-programmers and doesn’t linger on little details. Design is much more about the bigger picture, broad strokes if you will. Development is about the nitty gritty little details that make up that bigger picture.

Also design is usually finished (or close to being finished) when development starts.

I command you to be AWESOME.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

warriors waited more than 6 months before healing signet received it well deserved fix since launch.

i am sure them all warrior haters can wait another month until march.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Sari.9836

Sari.9836

I would personally welcome these changes, but I feel there is need to open up the build and role diversity more which will include making drastic changes.
With previous metas there used to be more distinguished roles, not builds who can sustain themselves, deal damage and support others while having some control over the fight too.

(edited by Sari.9836)

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

@OP – play some games as D/D ele and post in this thread again please ..

I don’t understand why small changes , like some numbers cooldowns, dmg-numbers on skills are not patched faster .
It would / could change so much .

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

@OP – play some games as D/D ele and post in this thread again please ..

I don’t understand why small changes , like some numbers cooldowns, dmg-numbers on skills are not patched faster .
It would / could change so much .

Just because your favorite build is underpowered doesn’t mean everything for the game…

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

Underpowered for month now – but thats not my point.
The point is, why does it take for ages until something is changed ?

Yeah, changes like altering all Sigils / Runes – or the reward system , they need time and thats okay.

But balance changes ( i dont mean changes that destroy or make some profession OP ) , i mean just some numbers to make certain unused traits / utils / Builds viable again.
Why does it take so long ?

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

Yeah, changes like altering all Sigils / Runes – or the reward system , they need time and thats okay.

But balance changes ( i dont mean changes that destroy or make some profession OP ) , i mean just some numbers to make certain unused traits / utils / Builds viable again.

All Iv seen for months now when a question like this is asked are excuses as to how passionate they are about this game and pvp and how BIG CHANGES are coming. Face it We won’t see anything till April after the living world is done. Till then the pvp team is on vacation.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Overcast.5612

Overcast.5612

Anet is short staffed currently, no one bothers to check ncsofts career opportunities.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

All Iv seen for months now when a question like this is asked are excuses as to how passionate they are about this game and pvp and how BIG CHANGES are coming. Face it We won’t see anything till April after the living world is done. Till then the pvp team is on vacation.

I am sure they do care bout the game tbh

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

4 months to push out a balance patch while the Living World team delivers contents each two weeks is kinda sad imho.

You do know that there are 4 Living Story teams, they each have three to four months to plan and develop the content for one month of Living Story release, and they each share the help from a pool of content makers (artists, writers, dungeon designers, sound engineers, etc.) around the building, right?

Call me Smith.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

You do know that there are 4 Living Story teams, they each have three to four months to plan and develop the content for one month of Living Story release, and they each share the help from a pool of content makers (artists, writers, dungeon designers, sound engineers, etc.) around the building, right?

You do know when you word things like this you come across as a massive kitten right? Jesus.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Proven.2854

You do know when you word things like this you come across as a massive kitten right? Jesus.

I do. If I’m going to respond to what’s essentially a troll post I might as well not be respectful.

Call me Smith.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

I’m jumping here to say HALLELUJAH for a non-hating and rational post that I completely agree with. Good job OP.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Sure, now tell me how many PvP teams are there to balance the game and release PvP contents, then tell me everything is fine.

The devs do a good job

in PvP

Proven.2854

Sure, now tell me how many PvP teams are there to balance the game and release PvP contents, then tell me everything is fine.

Alright, then say that instead of the ignorant sounding post you made before. And then tell me how practical it is to have more than one balance team in a single game.

Call me Smith.