The next 24-48 hours

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

I’m just curious if what happens over the next 24-48 hours (speaking directly about the patch) will hinder your play time even a little bit. If some changes are made that you are hoping for, will you play more? If changes are overlooked that you are hoping for, will that cause your play time to drop?

Just trying to gauge the community here.

Cheers!

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: StevoSupremo.4037

StevoSupremo.4037

Depends on if they are significant enough for me to convince my friends to return from WoW after being disapointed. If not, sadly, I will be returning to that pit of sorrow as well… =(

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: Psikerlord.2569

Psikerlord.2569

i play a lot already so i wont play more. But i will certainly be playing less if patch goes in the wrong direction (primarily want fix to burst and bunker issues!)

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

StevoSupremo.4037

^Agreed. PvP just needs more selection in general though. New gametypes alone would open up tons of build options.

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Depends on if they are significant enough for me to convince my friends to return from WoW after being disapointed. If not, sadly, I will be returning to that pit of sorrow as well… =(

I share your current experience. I, like many other people I’ve heard about, am the only one left of all my friends. I came in with most of my department from work and a few friends I’ve made in other gaming communities. I am all that is left.

The main problem with the friends returning hope is that, gamers are fickle. Most of my friends won’t be returning regardless of changes. When they move on, the don’t look back. I am the same way, I just tend to hang on a lot longer.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: Suzu.4193

Suzu.4193

20/325 spvp servers active

wait times for even free tourny

hour wait times for paid…….

if anet does nothing pvp part of gws 2 will be lost to WoW/halo4/CoD

hell most everyone already left

gg

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

StevoSupremo.4037

I share your current experience. I, like many other people I’ve heard about, am the only one left of all my friends. I came in with most of my department from work and a few friends I’ve made in other gaming communities. I am all that is left.

The main problem with the friends returning hope is that, gamers are fickle. Most of my friends won’t be returning regardless of changes. When they move on, the don’t look back. I am the same way, I just tend to hang on a lot longer.

Indeed. What works in the favor of GW is the free-to-play angle. No need to reactivate accounts and such because you can just start right back up. However, that doesn’t mean all my wishful thinking will ever amount to a resurgence of my friends to the game. It really is a shame… this game is so beautiful and great in so many ways, has so much potential, but falls short in some fundamental ways that make a big difference. God kitten I am not looking at going back to those 2004 graphics and crazily inflated numbers… kitten that game.

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

To be honest, I don’t think the upcoming patch is gonna bring anything groundbreaking, or at least anything exciting enough to lure people back in.

Personally, my interest is at the lowest point right now. I’m tired of the same maps, same gamemode, the headaches when trying to kill a bunker guardian, the rage when I’m busy holding against 2 people as my Engi and suddenly Mr. 2-2-2-2 comes out of nowhere.

The structure of the current game mode and the meta group dynamics really leave little room for creativity, and that really spoils my fun. It’s either use that build that everyone knows is effective or go home, very disappointing because I like trying out new stuff.

So yeah, if this patch doesn’t bring anything good, I guess I’ll move onto another game until this one does something to catch my interest again.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

The game pvp system and balance is too fundamentally broken to ever really be fixed. That’s my honest opinion, and I’m very sad they made me feel this way. There will always be classes that will be favoured over other classes.

Getting rid of “the trinity” was the biggest mistake they could make. Now every class can do (or was supposed to) do everything. Kill, survive, defend, whatever… And of course there will always be some classes that just do some stuff better than others and thus they will be more desired. And if you look at class balance right now, it would be laughable at, if only I didn’t feel so strong for the game, that it actually makes me cry…

As I said, it’s fundamentally completely broken.

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

There’s quite a few bugged Engineer traits I have been waiting for fixes forever. They have been broken forever, if not since beta. If they aren’t fixed in this upcoming patch, I’ll probably stop playing until they are fixed. They aren’t game breaking, but they certainly prevent me from trying new and interesting builds, many of which I think may play better than the builds I’m currently using.

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: Kouryuu.4213

Kouryuu.4213

I’m not going anywhere any time soon ^^. Game is way too fun!

Forever unranked.

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

This patch wont change anything for PvP’ers, it may spike a bit of interest in 8vs8 for a day or 2 with the new map, but that’s it.

Imo, PvP’ers (unless casual) should just take a break for a few months. There’s a lot of potential in gw2, but that wont be reached for a long time yet.

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: Weapon X.5163

Weapon X.5163

20/325 spvp servers active

wait times for even free tourny

hour wait times for paid…….

if anet does nothing pvp part of gws 2 will be lost to WoW/halo4/CoD

hell most everyone already left

gg

You can thank COD:BO2 and Halo 4 for that. People that want to PVP are going find a way to kill people online…..with or without ANET’s help.

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

This patch wont change anything for PvP’ers, it may spike a bit of interest in 8vs8 for a day or 2 with the new map, but that’s it.

Imo, PvP’ers (unless casual) should just take a break for a few months. There’s a lot of potential in gw2, but that wont be reached for a long time yet.

Yeah. Game is out for close to 3 months now? And look how every meager attempt has done nothing to keep people playing, are weeks behind the meta, and only scratches the surface of whats wrong with pvp. It’s going to take more than a single patch from this point forward, since not much has been done in these 3 months its easy to say that it will take more than a few months before this actually becomes a popular e-sport.

Question is do i keep playing this so im R50 by then, grinding something i dont fully enjoy for looking slightly better at a game that nobody could end up playing, or do i play a different game with better and more accessible pvp where the devs actually focus hard on making their pvp great and arent afraid to do so, instead of just saying it in huge empty blogs? Probably the latter.

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: Realest.3954

Realest.3954

I’ll probably be killing zombies in warz while waiting for some fun changes

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: admiralnlson.2380

admiralnlson.2380

If the next update to sPvP after the upcoming is a cheap one (as was everything done with sPvP so far) or if they don’t start talking about something at least promising (GvG/HA port or equivalent “big” thing), I’m afraid I will simply kiss GW2 goodbye for good.
sPvP is just too kittening boring overall. One or two additional maps won’t cut it, especially with the crappy structure they built around it.

(edited by admiralnlson.2380)

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

I’ll be playing the same amount (too much). One of the best pvp games I’ve ever played.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: Rhydian.5412

Rhydian.5412

If the next update to sPvP after the upcoming is a cheap one (as was everything done with sPvP so far) or if they don’t start talking about something at least promising (GvG/HA port or equivalent “big” thing), I’m afraid I will simply kiss GW2 goodbye for good.
sPvP is just too kittening boring overall. One or two additional maps won’t cut it, especially with the crappy structure they built around it.

It has nothing to do with how they balanced classes or lack of a holy trinity. The PVP and combat system is just to boring. and every class is dealing the same kind of attacks. Just how many ways can you make conditions which are just crappy dots stacked a lot of times and spiked Crits interesting. Not to mention lack of any world pvp, there is no fun factor at all to pvp. Everything is built to fit in an AOE template and you can tell. You cannot build a totally STERILE environment and expect people to stay exited about it, removing fun things to do is why I started getting bored with WOW in the first place. Sure enslaving and elite demon and dropping it on goldshire was not exactly, balanced, but it was sure as hell fun. Also there are not fun pvp abilities, mind control, CC is too weak in all areas to be any fun, also too few weapon options and not enough skill choices. Specs are too easy to read.

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

I have this scenario in my mind and to be honest its not that positive

1) after patch lot of free trials will join us
2) servers will probably be much more unstable then we are used. I also expect some crashes
3) As a result, people who still regulary play PvP will become more disapointed
4) Newcommers will probably be happy first few hours and enjoy the PVE part of the game. While trial PVPers will suffer sooooo much as they will probably get just stomped every single try or they will be forced to play hot-join and we all know.. hot-join is not representative part of PvP.
5) Players somehow do expect big changes. But to be honest, nothing was forecasted except new beta map (therefore hot-join) and some proffesion changes and bug fixes. Apart from this two points.. i do not expect anything new or changed.
Therefore => the ones that are waiting for this “big patch” will be probably disapointed even more..

did i forget anything?

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I’m hoping to see a movement away from simply burst and bunker that leads to more variety. As a warrior I feel limited to around 3 builds: burst glass cannon (most are smart enough to avoid now), Healshouts (OK but honestly it’s bunker dmg w/o bunker survivability), and a number of roamer builds that tend to be similar with Axe/Mace and other combos.

I’d like to see banners made viable, maybe a way to carry 3 banners (one on back, one in each hand?) but I don’t see that happening this patch obviously. I suppose I could be happy with the patch if they just fix the trait bugs. I would like to see the big 3 widely considered OP classes brought down to Warriors level as while I may love to complain about the class, it’s probably the most balanced class in the game.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

The next 24-48 hours

in PvP

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

I’m hoping to see a movement away from simply burst and bunker that leads to more variety. As a warrior I feel limited to around 3 builds: burst glass cannon (most are smart enough to avoid now), Healshouts (OK but honestly it’s bunker dmg w/o bunker survivability), and a number of roamer builds that tend to be similar with Axe/Mace and other combos.

I’d like to see banners made viable, maybe a way to carry 3 banners (one on back, one in each hand?) but I don’t see that happening this patch obviously. I suppose I could be happy with the patch if they just fix the trait bugs. I would like to see the big 3 widely considered OP classes brought down to Warriors level as while I may love to complain about the class, it’s probably the most balanced class in the game.

So you think the most balanced class is one with roaming capabilities but easily avoidable damage and a low survivability bunker build? That doesn’t sound so balanced to me….Unless of course you want every class to be crap.