The reason that pve players don't pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

In a discussion with some WvW guys, we came up with a conclusion as to why people do not come over to spvp. It is not cosmetics of armor or weapons.
The answer is much simpler.
———-They cannot run the same build that they usually run in their respective game format.

What does this mean?
———-They cannot achieve the same stat spread across attack, defense, crit chance, and crit damage.

The end result?
————-The build does not play nearly the same. So effectively it is a different build or a different game altogether.

So why leave my comfortable game mode with the build I know how to play with the stats tailored to what I want?
———-There is no good reason.
And that is why people do not cross game modes.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: DevO.9854

DevO.9854

they would do it if they got worth while rewards.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

that’s interesting
that also reminds me just how pve this game was designed to be, from bottom to top.
in gw1 they had these same types of problems, even if it was just limited to which builds were more effective in which format. fortunately gw1 was designed properly in a pvp way, so pve skills could still function similarly (even if more powerful).
in order to give a good pvp experience they will have to split many skills again here in gw2, which means this problem will become even worse, and even fewer pvers will ever come join spvp. so a possible conclusion we can draw from this is that maybe gw2 pvp should just completely break off from rest of game. however, this is probably a solution that management won’t tolerate, and so in my eyes this confirms that gw2 pvp will remain second fiddle to the rest of the game, and in fact it may even become seen by pvers as a kind of “cancer” that is affecting their balancing.

i strongly suggest to the dev team to find some way to give pvers a casual pvp experience that is minimally different from their regular pve/wvw builds, and to make a separate game (or in-game minigame (i really liked sab) ) that is more of a proper hardcore team-based pvp experience similar to gw1. these should be 2 separate products ideally, so to have a clean base to work with to make a good pvp.

could you imagine telling your old gw1 friends? “hey guys they made a separate game/minigame that is based on gw1 pvp using gw2 graphics! they have same gvg maps that we used to play!” anet would have instant respect from all of us disillusioned veterans.

(edited by milo.6942)

in PvP

Posted by: Bullk.5836

Bullk.5836

I really dislike that about spvp, i mean is great that no one has gear advantage, but then again I have to rework my entire play style and build to suite spvp because I simply cannot get the same stat alocation, and so I just won’t spvp and instead roam in wvw

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

I really don’t see the problem with “changing stat allocation and playstyle”, omg, as if people in mmorpgs have never rerolled alt characters.

My ele in pve is d/d with completely different stat (and traits ofc) allocation compared to my s/d build that I use in pvp, and I have no problem. If else, it adds variety.

But everyone has its tastes, which is ok.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

could you imagine telling your old gw1 friends? “hey guys they made a separate game/minigame that is based on gw1 pvp using gw2 graphics! they have same gvg maps that we used to play!” anet would have instant respect from all of us disillusioned veterans.

It would be the biggest tease ever if announced as part of an expansion.

-KNT- BG

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

There’s two things that can be taken away from the conclusion though, not just that people don’t like having to change their builds and not being able to build exactly the same.

But the other conclusion is that PvP offers no incentive to stop playing other game modes. There are no gold/exp rewards, no ability to show off any rank or accomplishment outside of the PvP environment, and no way to work towards endgame content.
If there is a purely cosmetic reward system that takes forever to grind out and doesn’t feel valuable (woohoo, another armor skin to wear into tournies/hotjoins after 15 hours of pvp grinding), people aren’t going to play it because the progress doesn’t feel worth their time.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I don’t play because the conquest mode is boring as kitten. And also because there is no rewards or anything fun in winning or playing… You get pvp skins and thats it. In gw1 you could at least use faction to buy zkeys and sell them for semi good profits.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

woohoo, another armor skin to wear into tournies/hotjoins after 15 hours of pvp grinding

I wish this way true, 15 hours would be new armor every couple days I am afraid months go by before new armor is unlocked, like seriously 3 months. And now I have to go from 50-60, for my play duration that will probably take 6-9 months.

in PvP

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Definitely the rewards. As someone who mostly pve but is rank 30 in pvp, the rewards are kitten. The emote is nice but you can’t even use it in wvw, only to troll people who die in dungeons lol.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

A major reason most pve and wvw players dont get into pvp is because the tournament community is so small that when they play they get matched up vs experienced pvpers.

So it ends up being demoralizing for them and they quit.

Solution = bigger player base so matchmaking can match people of closer rankings.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

This topic shows exactly why sPvP sux in pretty much ALL MMORPGs still out there. (Except Guild Wars 1)

First off all start with rewards in GW1 GvG. They are roughly the same as in GW2. Armor skins. What you can also get is bronze, silver and gold trims for your guild cape. And improving the guild rank could also be considered as reward I guess.

So I guess you’d say “Not much.”

Yet still me and my guild (and many many others) have played GW1 GvG for 5+ years. Day after day, sometimes even 15 matches per day.

“Oh but why?!” you ask yourself, if there’s no reward to it… Because it was kittening awesome to play!

WHAT?! Gameplay CAN be fun without shiny rewards?! NOWAY!
How on earth did I manage to play Quake series online for 10 years without a single bit of reward… :S Oh… right… it was just fun to do. Strange.
And PvE people can’t use their superawesome builds that they use to lay waste to hundreds of mindless hordes of monsters?! Outrageous!!

And as long as game designers and developers listen to such whine, pvp will not be elite good gameplay. And GW2 pvp turned it’s boats and tried to listen to whine like this. That’s why we have an overload of AoEs and cheap tricks like stealths, teleports, shadowsteps, 1 button wins, AI controled whatevers kludging up the battlefield etc. etc.

And by the way, Guild Wars 1 still has 40 guilds gathering Q.points for monthly tournament. Today… 9 Years after the release. One year after the release of it’s highly anticipated successor…

Does GW2 have 40 serious competitive guilds in pvp? Sadly, I doubt that. So making pvp for pve people didn’t work. It didn’t work for pve people and you’ve lost most of pvp people because they just consider it lame… You can never have it all you know.

in PvP

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I played sPvP/tPvP a lot when the game first came out, but quickly found that the game mode is boring to play, boring to watch, and as a result gets stale very quick. Coming from GW1 where I could play GvG, HA, RA, TA, FA, JQ, AB, HB and probably some other modes I’m forgetting about it felt like GW2 PvP was in beta. I initially thought that they had rushed the release and would come out with additional PvP modes, but it’s approaching a year after release and nothing is in the works so I gave up on it. WvW on the other hand has a much more diverse PvP setting. You have more stat customization because all your equipment stats aren’t lumped onto one piece of gear, there’s stat combinations/runes that aren’t available in sPvP, and food buffs allow you to further customize your build. Want to run a terror necro with 2s fears without having to trait into soul reaping? You can use a food buff to get 40% condition duration instead opening up a whole new set of viable terror necro builds. There is also much more diversity in play style as you can solo roam and find 1v1s, you can run around in a huge zerg and have 50v50, plus everything inbetween. Most importantly, the maps for WvW provide several settings that result in interesting play styles that simply aren’t possible with the sPvP maps.There’s even a site set up so that guilds can set up their own GvG matches in WvW and track their rating at gw2gvg.com. I agree that WvW builds not transferring over to sPvP is one reason why people choose not to switch over, but that only scratches the surface of the problems with sPvP that cause people to not play it.

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

I am pretty sure this is not true for everyone that does PvE/WvW, but definitely some. I don’t know if this is a problem that can actually be fixed. More aesthetic rewards and such might bring more WvW/PvE players to want to play. Especially if they can work towards their legendary.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

(edited by EoNxBoNx.9213)

in PvP

Posted by: PwnsFroggles.7561

PwnsFroggles.7561

I loved doing battlegrounds in world of warcraft. It didn’t give any xp back then but it was insanely fun to do. You kept all your skills and talents the same along with your gear. They need add something like battlegrounds from wow. That’s where a lot of my playing hours went even before xp.

in PvP

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

too bad there is no way to make legendary weapons in pvp or take legendary into pvp, honestly I feel if you make a legendary you should get a free pvp version of it, and as such you should be able to gain materials from pvp to craft legendary weapons gaining both pvp and pve skins, should take the same amount of time doing pvp as it should in pve but still would intrest more people in the pvp style gameplay

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in PvP

Posted by: Bullk.5836

Bullk.5836

I really don’t see the problem with “changing stat allocation and playstyle”, omg, as if people in mmorpgs have never rerolled alt characters.

My ele in pve is d/d with completely different stat (and traits ofc) allocation compared to my s/d build that I use in pvp, and I have no problem. If else, it adds variety.

But everyone has its tastes, which is ok.

You don’t see a problem?!
I have this Build in order to be effective I have to make up xnumber of toughness x of crit x of power x of vita etc but because in spvp all my stats are linked to on piece of gear I cannot make up for these stats thus the build I have in mind is no longer efective
The Trait lines I had in mind are no longer possible!

So instead I have to use a cookie cutter build just like all the other, and that particular spvp build might not be what i’m looking for when playing my toon, now if only I could miss match gear like wvw and pve…

in PvP

Posted by: Archer Henchman.2534

Archer Henchman.2534

Ding ding ding.

The game actively penalizes you for staying in spvp if you have goals outside of spvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

Every MMO that i’ve ever played has required different traits, different stats, and different play styles for PvE and PvP. That is an absurd reason not to PvP. I consider WvW in between PvE and PvP. Most classes require that you change at least a few traits and utilities to be successful in WvW compared to say running dungeons. I’ve only been doing PvP the last few months, and the only problem for me is that I don’t get to make any gold, and the rewards in PvP are poop. I started PvP because I liked the titles.

About the stat Allocation. I used to play Disc Priest in WoW. Dungeons, Raids, Battlegrounds, and Arena ALL required me to have different talents. This reasoning is absurd. They obviously do not know what they want.

(edited by Copenhagen.7015)

in PvP

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I don’t think build is a problem. PvE players are usually the players that play for rewards ant stuff to show off to others – like legendaries. There are no such rewards besides a useless glory rank that only means playing a lot and the leaderboard nobody cares about(not even shown ingame).

Build would be more a problem with WvW since you have to change it manually every time… sPvP it is nice that you can have your own build set and different armor and stuff. That’s already a good thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Kaputsid.5169

Kaputsid.5169

“Why people do not come over to spvp?”

I was a pvper in gw but not in gw2 cause fighting the invisible man is fun as cleaning a cat litter and camera need a serious rework.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

In a discussion with some WvW guys, we came up with a conclusion as to why people do not come over to spvp. It is not cosmetics of armor or weapons.
———-They cannot run the same build that they usually run in their respective game format.

What does this mean?
———-They cannot achieve the same stat spread across attack, defense, crit chance, and crit damage.

The end result?
————-The build does not play nearly the same. So effectively it is a different build or a different game altogether.

So why leave my comfortable game mode with the build I know how to play with the stats tailored to what I want?

TLDR: PVE Players don’t want to learn new things or improve their game.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

What does this mean?

The end result?

and really, why should they bother?

in PvP

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

What does this mean?

The end result?

and really, why should they bother?

Because of the adrenaline rush of beating actual human beings instead of simply doing A then B then C against a predetermined computer opponent?

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

What does this mean?

The end result?

Never sad that. Never said anyone needed improvement or anyone was worse or better.

K Pop

in PvP

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Most PVE players don’t do sPvP because they’re scared of dying and getting stomped. They don’t have the zerg to back them up as in WvW and they’re not fighting trash mobs as in PVE.

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

1. They don’t like that “viable builds” are not viable in tpvp. In other words they have a playstyle and tpvp balance has caused a significant disjoin.
eg. Daze build S/D thief in WvW/PvE but does not really exist in PvP due to Dec nerf + 4s reveal. So splits removing build diversity instead of managing it.

2. Lack of reward/incentive. Lots of PvE guys or hybrid guys do like the carrot on the stick at the end of the day. Something shiny to feel like their “work” pays off, or a sense of individual progression and PvP doesn’t do this very well. Leaderboards aren’t a reality for the majority of players so then what do they get for themselves? Very little in a long period of time.

3. Conquest focus on nodes, alienates some of the drive of what some players want in PvP. John brought up CTF where you Push instead of return like in games like S4 league which would probably have more “mainstream appeal”. At the end of the day Conquest has its depth, but it’s rather arguable if it has enough inherit appeal to draw people in. I think there is less “incentive” in the Call of duty, tekkens, street fighters and other e-games of the world relative to gw2 that demonstrate sometimes all you need is an appealing mode for people to play.

4. Class balance.
~ If you get a good vibe in WvW/PvE and not in PvP then you’re less likely to play it.
eg. Warriors.

5. PvP is something they just don’t do. Theres plenty of PvE players who just don’t engage in pvp games period. WvW maybe they stretch that far due to the PvE mix.

6. 5v5 makes you stand out more then being 1 in many. Especially when you often have to disband from that group of 5 to do individual tasks.

7. Solo que sucks.

The great forum duppy.

(edited by ensoriki.5789)

in PvP

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Wow.. some of the people in this thread… so wrong. The OP has it right on. People spend a lot of time and gold to get their characters to play the way they like, and have a hard time translating it over to sPvP.

It has nothing to do with “being afraid of getting stomped”. And I’m sure that there are many WvW’ers who would stomp your face in a 1v1. Some of the WvW’ers play WvW over sPvP not because they like running with zergs, but because they can tailor their characters builds to play how they like.

And while I hate sounding like a broken record, not all WvW is zerging. Get over it.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in PvP

Posted by: Gmtsai.6349

Gmtsai.6349

In my opinion, WvW is easy mode, sPVP is hard mode. Those elites in WvW came over to sPVP and has been rip off, they go back to easy mode again.

in PvP

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

In my opinion, WvW is easy mode, sPVP is hard mode. Those elites in WvW came over to sPVP and has been rip off, they go back to easy mode again.

If that’s what helps you sleep at night, the I’m happy you are deluded!

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

PVE is easy mode, pvp you actually need to be smart with your build and use some of the traits that you would never use in pve

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

PVE Player or WwWers dont go sPVP cause they get NOTHING for what they play for

no armors or weapons for outside mists – they dont care how they look in mists cause its just a cheap teleportroom from pve → lionsarch

they dont get gold or t6 mats or orichalcum or all the other things they get while playing pve or wvw and what they need to farm/grind when wanna have a legendary or some other cool looking pve weapons

for pve players the sPvp just interupts their playroutines – spvp is a game in the game and a frustrating/anoying one

AND
arenanet dumped down the game a lot in pve and wvw – its casual mode all the way – you cant even die from mobs in starterzones or you dont need to care for build in higher zones – just click somwhere and spam your buttons and you can play the game – alot pveguys love this (i think^^) and its a shock when the mob dont die just from spam button #1 + everything not on cooldown

but in shortversion – spvp is just a waste of time for pve playerz

thats all^^

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

Most importantly, the maps for WvW provide several settings that result in interesting play styles that simply aren’t possible with the sPvP maps.There’s even a site set up so that guilds can set up their own GvG matches in WvW and track their rating at gw2gvg.com.

this is by far not even close to gvg.
this is zerg vs zerg not more
srsly its nothing more than a joke
i lol’d when i saw the zerg-ladder

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: DanPowers.1096

DanPowers.1096

I would love to play a top WvW person in a 1v1. Whenever I see a commander on my team in tPvP after I solo queue, I pretty much just assume I’m going to lose. Although conquest is a simple mode, a lot of people fail to grasp the concepts of defending points and preventing the other team from neutralizing. 5v5 hotjoin is good practice as people rarely zerg and rather play like they’re actually trying to win. PvP just needs some love from anet (despite the fact PvPers probably spend the least real money on the game). Change up your build and playstyle; learning something new about your class won’t hurt you.

Champs: Grim Icekiller-Legionnaire;
Coelia Sunspear-Genius; Caudecus Manor-Phantom;
We Are My Eyes-Hunter; I Am Unicron-Paragon.

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I’ll tell you why…Because playing SPvP in this game is like playing Civil War Map in SWTOR..

In otherwords..I’d rather put my balls in a Vice..

How anyone can think this game will ever be taken seriously as an Esport when a game like SWTOR has Huttball…which is a 1000 times more interesting and fun than any map in this game is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

What does this mean?

The end result?

I agree with OP here … the stat allocation in PvE across items grants a much greater diversity in distinguishing “my” character as Arenanet so proudly blabbed their meatflaps about before they launched … this … game. Which I can tell you, trying to have “your” specialized character in SPvP feels like it’s a philosophy asking to kitten yourself by utilizing it.

But in SPvP, only having stat allocation come from an amulet & jewel, and then minor bonuses on runeset … that feels extremely lacking and quite boring by comparison. I felt this immediately upon playing SPvP and what I had learned about PvE as I was learning the game and people were reaching 80, not to mention what I heard from stress tests I missed out on where SPvP -had- rings / amulets / etc.

At least now there are build / stat calculators out there that will show you exactly how much higher the “roof” for stats are. The health pools / toughness definitely vary in an interesting ways and I can see glass cannons overdoing it and gimping themselves … but on that same token you can come up with much more interesting builds / powerful playstyles, even running defensive traits, while in PvE and WvW.

I don’t think at this point if SPvP had the same thing as PvE, it would somehow make SPvP any worse than it already is. If anything, at least it would give people something to do what with tinkering around with their stats and parameters rather than one major source, and one almost negligible source of stats. This would be a great thing to test out … if there were something such as a PTR.

There could also be a benefit on Arenanet’s behalf through this, too. Balancing WvW damage issues would be the SAME exact thing for SPvP, and by that logic SHOULD make things “easier” for them. Rather than having two different spectrums of damage ranges to look at and then see what ill / positive effects there are for BOTH ‘worlds’.

And if PvE’ers complain, well, with the current system in place it’s not like SPvP benefits PvE, gives you any experience, any gold, or anything truly beneficial other than bag space from ranking up, and some dyes unless you’re incredibly lucky and get a rare dye worth some gold. So SPvP’ers aren’t going to have any kind of substantial benefit over PvE’ers.

Except maybe having the understanding of exactly what items they would want to purchase in PvE with their hard earned karma / dumbgeon rewards should they choose to level a character to 80 and farm dumbgeons for a while thanks to the experience and knowledge of useful stats for their build that SPvP -could- have.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

So they can’t play their zerg friendly build in a non zerg friendly game type .. . (types slower as the sentence goes on).

Edit: Spelling is shocking today.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

(edited by TGSlasher.1458)

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

So they can’t play their zerg friendly build in a non zerg friendly game type .. . (types slower as the sentence goes on).

Edit: Spelling is shocking today.

Pretty much this.

I have yet to fight someone in WvW outside a zerg who isn’t a backpedaling tool.
Just bad excuses for people who can’t put effort into learning the pvp in this game and just want to spam 1 on gates and 1 with arrows carts.

in PvP

Interpret Interrupt.3824

sPvP players have so much disdain against WvW players. It is not like we are better players because we have a smaller game mode. It is just a delusional mindset that causes people to stratify and not work together across the game.
The whole I am better than you mentality is stupid.

K Pop

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

sPvP players have so much disdain against WvW players. It is not like we are better players because we have a smaller game mode. It is just a delusional mindset that causes people to stratify and not work together across the game.

WvW and sPvP are just diffrent modes and thats all.
One is more about tactic and team play other is more about … well i never playd WvW so much so I could understand it – it looked like it is all about trebushets and other weapons + zerg, if you are running solo you cant do much there + you need to grind pve first to play effectivly wvw.
And yes, i lol for an hour when i saw builds from WvW, because they didnt make any sence for me (as PvP player).

But at the end its for every player something diffrent and some like one thing , while other like other.

Back to the topic “why pve players dont like pvp”
I can roll this question 180 – why pvp players dont like pve?
Personally i dont like grinding, I dont meet any challenge ine pve (i dont want to talk about fractals, because you need to grind for many hours to meet smth there – at least thats what i heard) and I really dislike partys I find there for dungeons.
So in the end it is for me a time waste with non fun factor.
I think the same thing is why pve dont like pvp – its not fun for them.

in PvP

TGSlasher.1458

I didn’t once say I was better, nor did I imply so. WvW is a zerg feast and so people are built to work in groups / zergs. SPvP is not supposed to be a zerg feast, but I do admit that 8v8 tend to go that way and sometimes 5v5. However, on those games where it is not zerg v zerg, the game is more oriented to smaller fights. 1 v x (where x is 1 or 2) or 2v2s making team oriented builds worthless (less useful) unless adding to the ZvZ matches

inb4 WvW is not zerg. I know there are some people that don’t play that way, but a majority of WvW is zergs.

in PvP

emon.1863

I didn’t once say I was better, nor did I imply so. WvW is a zerg feast and so people are built to work in groups / zergs. SPvP is not supposed to be a zerg feast, but I do admit that 8v8 tend to go that way and sometimes 5v5. However, on those games where it is not zerg v zerg, the game is more oriented to smaller fights. 1 v x (where x is 1 or 2) or 2v2s making team oriented builds worthless (less useful) unless adding to the ZvZ matches

inb4 WvW is not zerg. I know there are some people that don’t play that way, but a majority of WvW is zergs.

Very nice joke =)

in PvP

TGSlasher.1458

Very nice joke =)

Joke?

Edit: re-read that:
“Making team oriented builds worthless”, Whoopsie, meant, making zerg oriented builds worthless. As in, team builds when you are with the other team members 24/7, party builds?

As to a team build for pvp, very required, just each members controls different parts of the map, not everyone at the same place.

If that made better sense

(edited by TGSlasher.1458)

in PvP

Posted by: Valash.8142

Valash.8142

pve players might not like spvp because of the change it brings. It’s pretty much a whole new game though if a pve player sticks with spvp and comes back to pve they will notice that they improved quite a bit in pve at least that’s how some of the people i talked to feels. It’s like they can dodge better, kill faster and handle mobs better, at least that’s how me and my friends think.

in PvP

TGSlasher.1458

pve players might not like spvp because of the change it brings. It’s pretty much a whole new game though if a pve player sticks with spvp and comes back to pve they will notice that they improved quite a bit in pve at least that’s how some of the people i talked to feels. It’s like they can dodge better, kill faster and handle mobs better, at least that’s how me and my friends think.

This^

I’ve play pvp since release, I play as an ele and have never had troubles with pve content. Yet there are so many people coming to the forums asking for help with the ele. Most of the advice I give is from experience with the class in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

It wouldn’t hurt to have more options and combinations in terms of amulets, as it currently limits you to more or less extreme variants.

in PvP

emon.1863

It wouldn’t hurt to have more options and combinations in terms of amulets, as it currently limits you to more or less extreme variants.

Ye, and even with this small amount of amulets we are in very bad balance state – adding more options will do game no good atm.

in PvP

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Most importantly, the maps for WvW provide several settings that result in interesting play styles that simply aren’t possible with the sPvP maps.There’s even a site set up so that guilds can set up their own GvG matches in WvW and track their rating at gw2gvg.com.

this is by far not even close to gvg.
this is zerg vs zerg not more
srsly its nothing more than a joke
i lol’d when i saw the zerg-ladder

10v10 is zerg vs zerg? GW1 GvG was 8v8. You can agree on whatever size you want when you contact the guilds you want a GvG with. But you’re right, guardians and elementalists running around in a tiny circle spamming heals is much closer to GvG.

in PvP

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

I don’t like spvp for it being completely disconnected from the rest of the game, yet still affecting other 2/3 of game. Why should we care about spvp meta, one which was never applied to pve and www? But we have to build around it, because 99% of balance changes come from this gamemode and most of them doesn’t make any sense at all.
Do you really think that this situation is fair, guys?