These leaderboards are bad..

in PvP

Posted by: Nunganok.4590

Nunganok.4590

78 Rurik.3197 Rurik Adelbern W21 L12 63.64% Anvil Rock

This guy has 21 wins and 12 losses, hes in the top 100 players on the leaderboards. Yeah. Leader..boards…

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

If they had told us that it was going to look this way when they “switched it on,” we could have told them to save it.

These leaderboards are a glorified k/d ratio table.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

maybe you should read more carefully. 2 patches ago they resetted win/loss and their ratio, but they kept ratings from march till now.

A guy with 12 wins simply has not played much from last 2 patches but played a lot from march till now, and had a high ranking to begin with.

OMG stop the hate, those leaderboards are a very good start, the only flaw is the inabiity to see your rating and not having a solo/premade rating split.

The end.

/closethread.

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

The leaderboards are terrible, and in no way reflect the top players of the game. If there are so many other factors contributing to the rank, why even show win/loss at all? All the community is going to do is pick apart why someone with 700+ wins and <100 losses is lower than someone with <100 wins.

/closethread.

Strange, it didn’t seem to work.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

big issue is they didn’t reset rating when they reset win/loss tracking.
this means what you see in a persons win /loss is really the tip of the iceberg of how they are doing.
To compensate for this they need to raise the minimum game threshold, because that few wins would never allow one to earn even close to that rating.

I think 50 game minimum , heck even 30 game minimum. How about the 7 wins, 6 losses guy.

in PvP

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

I just wish they would show what class the top 100 play so we can see a bunch of Elementalists/Mesmers/Guardians/Rangers up on the board. Maybe then they would be forced to equalize the balance, but I dream big …..

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

It tells you their name. Go look them up and find out.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

The leaderboards need a lot of work…not to get into a essay, but for one – no leaderboard should fluctuate like this…you can literally be rank 50 and be rank 5 within half a day, simply due to having a win streak against decent people.

It’s silly…leaderboards in any game I’ve played have always been much more “solid” in that sense. It seems their current formula really sucks.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

I couldn’t care less about these leader-boards.

What we really need are custom arenas with lots of different server settings available so that we can create our own game modes by changing respawn timers / amount of respawns / points to victory / team size / which nodes are turned on or off, NPCs etc.

Make the game fun again by ourselves, as apparently the devs are incapable of doing so, at least within the next year. It seems to take months to make even the smallest changes, only to see it abandoned a few months later.

SOTG is a joke – just here’s a basic description of the professions and we know Ele has too much healing so we’ll fix that by nerfing quickness and therefore burst damage.

in PvP

Nunganok.4590

maybe you should read more carefully. 2 patches ago they resetted win/loss and their ratio, but they kept ratings from march till now.

A guy with 12 wins simply has not played much from last 2 patches but played a lot from march till now, and had a high ranking to begin with.

OMG stop the hate, those leaderboards are a very good start, the only flaw is the inabiity to see your rating and not having a solo/premade rating split.

The end.

/closethread.

Maybe you should read the thread before posting.

A guy with 12 wins simply shouldnt be on the leaderboards. Someone who hasnt played a lot from march until now and had a high ranking when it didnt matter shouldnt be on the leaderboards when it does matter.

(edited by Nunganok.4590)

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

That makes no sense.
If they Reset K/D today, but don’t reset ratings. You will see the exact same thing.
Those with high rating will be up there but with low crap like 12 wins.
Just how it goes if you reset a statistic and leave the others the same.
I guess you could say the rating should’ve decayed more to prevent that.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

Cheaterboards….. It all depends on who does and who does not alt+f4 before a loss.

in PvP

Nunganok.4590

What we really need are custom arenas with lots of different server settings available so that we can create our own game modes by changing respawn timers / amount of respawns / points to victory / team size / which nodes are turned on or off, NPCs etc.

Make the game fun again by ourselves, as apparently the devs are incapable of doing so, at least within the next year. It seems to take months to make even the smallest changes, only to see it abandoned a few months later.

SOTG is a joke – just here’s a basic description of the professions and we know Ele has too much healing so we’ll fix that by nerfing quickness and therefore burst damage.

Totally agree. I wish people would stop demanding superficial crap that makes them feel cooler for having a rank next to their name. We need content.

That makes no sense.
If they Reset K/D today, but don’t reset ratings. You will see the exact same thing.

I dont think you get it…Thats the problem…and your last sentence there is a good idea which is what this thread is about. In the same paragraph you said you didnt understand what the problem was, stated the problem and then stated something they couldve done to make it better/prevent the garbage.

Cheaterboards….. It all depends on who does and who does not alt+f4 before a loss.

Does that actually work? And if so…Wtf?

(edited by Nunganok.4590)

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

Totally agree. I wish people would stop demanding superficial crap that makes them feel cooler for having a rank next to their name. We need content.

That makes no sense.

I dont think you get it…Thats the problem…and your last sentence there is a good idea which is what this thread is about. In the same paragraph you said you didnt understand what the problem was, stated the problem and then stated something they couldve done to make it better/prevent the garbage.

Does that actually work? And if so…Wtf?

Yes it works. Try it. Go into a tPvP match and write down your tourney games played and games won. Just before the match is over alt+f4 it and close out the client. Wait a minute or two until you’re certain the match has ended. Log back into the game. Review your stats screen again. Your matches played will remain unchanged. The win loss stats are updated at the end of a round and only at the end of the round.

It’s really sad because there are some decent players that deserve to be on the boards and many players that I recognize on the leaderboards that certainly do not belong there.

(edited by Theplayboy.6417)

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

That makes no sense.

I get it what I’m saying is that the actual visual representation of 12 doesn’t actually mean people are playing 16 games and becoming the top players so it’s not the leaderboards being faulty in ranking. obv I then proposed how you’d keep it more in line.

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: Zodian.6597

Zodian.6597

Guys, give them some time to stabilize and to draw back a few players. Enough people will complain and Anet will eventually show the rating numbers. In the future we’ll probably get solo/team segregated boards too, but until then, just form a team or pug competitively! -if all you do is casual solo queue, don’t expect to be one of the top players in North America (in any game). Tough love guys.

Neglekt

(edited by Zodian.6597)

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

The end.

/closethread.

Pretty much this. Split them between team and solo and add the MMR value to the web page and to display at the end of a game instead of the rank value.

in PvP

ensoriki.5789

Guys, give them some time to stabilize and to draw back a few players. Enough people will complain and Anet will eventually show the rating numbers. In the future we’ll probably get solo/team segregated boards too, but until then, just form a team or pug competitively! -if all you do is casual solo queue, don’t expect to be one of the top players in North America (in any game). Tough love guys.

Didn’t they want to consider changing the rating formula?
Which would be a valid reason not to show it if they’re just going to change it next week as a result of feedback (optimism).

The great forum duppy.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I looooove the Ladder, but not because it’s perfect, cuz it’s not, but because yesterday, there was actually stuff going on in competetive play!

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

WOAH that’s my teammate you talking about. He deserves that spot.

in PvP

Nunganok.4590

The end.

/closethread.

Pretty much this. Split them between team and solo and add the MMR value to the web page and to display at the end of a game instead of the rank value.

Valkz, It’s Cromlech/Slubs from WMD

I agree with what you say, but I dont agree with the person you are quoting. I wasnt trying to ultimately put down ANet, which is the reaction I seem to be getting from people.

I was putting down the steps ANet took to introduce the leaderboards and their initial representation of the community.

<3 u still though

P.S. Ive been hopping in your TS but you arent there?! Brooooo we need to get some more tournies in.

in PvP

Posted by: mursie.3681

mursie.3681

These leaderboards, in my opinion, are actually very very credible. At first I was somewhat skeptical that they were garbage. But today I can definitely feel confident about my assessment in their validity.

Case in point – Ostrich Eggs is rank 40 currently. Great engineer, somewhat of a sellout, but good player none the less. At rank 51, just 11 spots behind, is the completely daft ranger talent of Bonesx. Literally the best ranger you have never heard of. That this leaderboard was able to capture their talent and evaluate how close these two players are in actual skill was amazing to me. Seeing this made me know that yes – these leaderboards are legit.

in PvP

Posted by: HARRELSONNN.4872

HARRELSONNN.4872

Its not clear how exactly leaderboards are rated right now. They said they will expose this with time. It does have something to do with wins Im sure, but lets keep in mind they rate other things too.

Self honesty leads to wisdom.

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

Those rankings are totally comprimised by people dropping out of matches. Im not even saying its a lot but it doesn’t need to be a ton when you only show 100 players. People aren’t coming back to this game and there are like 10 competitve groups. Fix the cheating and lets show the rating. Thats all people are asking for.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Leaving should count as a loss. Can’t be hard to implement I think.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As there is already a thread about this topic here : Leaderboards… for real this time, this one is now closed to avoid duplicates.

Thank you.