Thieves/Warriors shutting down tPvP diversity

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Why?

To kill a warrior you need sustained damage and poison. To kill a thief you need sustain. Warriors can kill all burst builds by outsustaining them. Thief can kill all burst builds by bursting them faster than they can burst back due to shadowsteps/evades with damage. Combine Warrior and Thief and you force all other classes to go either Bunker/Condi Tank specs.

Look at viable amulets for the other classes:

Ranger: Carrion/Rabid/Settler’s
Necromancer: Rabid/ Carrion
Engineer: Rabid
Guardian: Clerics

Mesmer is unviable except for Portal. Yes, really.
Elementalist also unviable

What Thieves shut down:

-Mesmer (Can evade all shatters)
-Elementalist (Can evade all burst)

-Basically any Glass Cannon spec other than Guardian:

-Power Necromancer (Trains out of fight)
-Berserker Warrior (Trains out of fight)
- Power Ranger (Trains out of fight)

What Warriors shut down:

-Mesmer (No poison, not enough DPS)
-Elementalist (No poison, not enough sustain)
-Power specs without poisons will all lose to warrior (AKA Thief is only viable power spec)

In addition, warriors have crazy node presence, meaning that in tournament pvp if a warrior hops on your node you HAVE to get off the node and give up the point unless you are a bunker spec.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Welcome to GW2, where balance is made up, and everything except for warrior doesn’t matter.

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Pretty standard.

Warrior, Thief, and at some point mesmer all shut down all the other power builds because warriors, thieves, and mesmers have the most frequent spike opportunities paired with the most immunity/control skills.

If you can spike and defend against the opponent’s spike better than they can against yours, you take them out of the equation.

People whine about condi meta, but most classes go condi because if they went power they’d be eaten alive by thieves and warriors and mesmers.

Take the scepter ele for example. In order to make it work, you need to use arcane utilities, and spec for some crit chance while having 13-14k HP.

The scepter ele can do high burst combos, but only every 20+ seconds, and fire grab is on a 36+ sec cd, as are most of his CC skills.

Ele defensive skills are on 60+ sec cd’s. With 14k HP, it means a mesmer or warrior or thief with a backstab or eviscerate/whirlwind or shatter will take out half your health with a single skill.

Warrior/thief/mesmer burst is more spammable than ele burst, and on top of that scepter ele sustained damage is really bad. It’s why scepter eles can’t take on condi bunkers but thieves and warriors can, because thieves and warriors not only have spike, but much better autoattack damage to keep sustained pressure.

Mesmer only achieves good sustain with phantasms up, and phantasm specs are garbage in team fights due to how easy phantasms die to splash damage.

Ranger and necro power specs are utter garbage. Both have terrible survival, poor access to condi cleansing and ill designed weapon and trait support. The ranger and necro power specs also put out pitifully low burst and are susceptible to being CC’d to death.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Power Creep Wars 2

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Thoth Divine.8642

Thoth Divine.8642

Although I certainly agree with this post to a degree, I think it’s definitely blown out of proportion. All classes, except Eles, are extremely useful in different situations and definitely have their own niches. Necromancers also counter warriors pretty kitten good if specced properly (condi). Engineers are unrivaled at keeping players off points (and generally annoyed), Guardians are the uncontested support ally (while still being able to do either DPS or Bunker depending on spec), Mesmers have portals and from my experience are masters at creating chaos on the battlefield (and are kitten difficult to beat in 1v1 I find) and Rangers are extremely potent as well, I find they are very similar to Warriors in many ways, but are more oriented towards range which gives them a great advantage.

However, it’s certain that Thieves are unrivaled at burst and sneaky dps (though they are BY FAR the worst point defenders) and Warriors are just all-around godkitten good.

Honestly, I think the meta isn’t as unbalanced as some people make it out to be. In any usual game, out of 10 players, there will be 5-6 classes total, sometimes even more – rarely less.

Blessed Curse – Symbolic DH
Thoth Divine – Power Necro
I Hope You Die – Burst Berserker

in PvP

Posted by: Discordia.7293

Discordia.7293

NO!
Mesmer GS/S/P PU zerk kill all.

Thief rank 80 – I hate overpower condition duration in wvw.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

When I agree that Power Rangers may not even exist and nobody uld see a change, Power Necromancers, when played right aren’t that bad.
Sure, they have hard time with Thieves and Hambows, but victory can be achieved. I play one. Is it vunerable to conditions? No, not at all. It counters any condi spec, maybe apart from PU mesmer.

That’s said, I can’t doubt Warrior/Thief dominance in Power specs, across WvW roaming and tpvp. They’re, hands down, easiest and most effective power options to pick up.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: DuranArgith.1354

DuranArgith.1354

You have never played a power necro in lich form.
But if youre just talking about class diversity onl;y and not build diversity,
I would say that its just eles that arent viable and to a lesser degree rangers.

(edited by DuranArgith.1354)

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I know it is only your opinion, but I think you have greatly underestimated necromancer in PvP.

1) Ranger is in a solid place. It just really needs pets, the placement of many traits and a handful of its under loved skills to be reworked to finally be in a place where it can actually threaten now.

2) Ele was in a great place, then it got nerfed. Even A-net has said they may have over done it. Change nothing on them, just return some of what they had.

These are 2 examples of where it is not the warrior or the thieve’s fault. Ohters have been diminished, or made awkward to play and as a result the less awkward professions now have the upper hand. However before all the ranger pet, shortbow nerfs and the destruction of ele, both warrior/thief didn’t feel overly strong against them. In fact for the longest time of all professions warrior was considered the sickly child. Nerfing warrior/thief isn’t the fix. The problem was others got nerfed too hard and warrior buffed too much. However warrior has been brought down multiple scales over the last updates, however they still feel strong purely at this point because of how heavily others were nerfed right before they received their first buffs. It only highlights how nevere some professions got nerfed and how some got overly buffed.

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

I know it is only your opinion, but I think you have greatly underestimated necromancer in PvP.

1) Ranger is in a solid place. It just really needs pets, the placement of many traits and a handful of its under loved skills to be reworked to finally be in a place where it can actually threaten now.

2) Ele was in a great place, then it got nerfed. Even A-net has said they may have over done it. Change nothing on them, just return some of what they had.

These are 2 examples of where it is not the warrior or the thieve’s fault. Ohters have been diminished, or made awkward to play and as a result the less awkward professions now have the upper hand. However before all the ranger pet, shortbow nerfs and the destruction of ele, both warrior/thief didn’t feel overly strong against them. In fact for the longest time of all professions warrior was considered the sickly child. Nerfing warrior/thief isn’t the fix. The problem was others got nerfed too hard and warrior buffed too much. However warrior has been brought down multiple scales over the last updates, however they still feel strong purely at this point because of how heavily others were nerfed right before they received their first buffs. It only highlights how nevere some professions got nerfed and how some got overly buffed.

In high level team queue, if you are gonna play necro you are FAR better off running a condition necromancer. Power necro isn’t nearly as good, sorry.

1. Condition ranger is in a good place, power ranger is not.

2. Eles received some minor nerfs and now can no longer kill warriors or thieves because they were both buffed. Warrior has far too much sustain, and giving the strongest passive heal in the game to a class with great condition removal as well as invulnerabilities to both direct damage/condi damage is bad design.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

[Quote]2. Eles received some minor nerfs and now can no longer kill warriors or thieves because they were both buffed.[/quote]

Please don’t say minor.

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

[Quote]2. Eles received some minor nerfs and now can no longer kill warriors or thieves because they were both buffed.

Please don’t say minor. [/quote]

Well I can’t pretend to know much about ele, but what I do know is that Eles aren’t that bad against engis, rangers, necros but that warriors/thieves eat them for breakfast.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

1. Condition ranger is in a good place, power ranger is not.

Power ranger was never in a good spot in this game – ever. Primarily because of the atrocious AI system.

2. Eles received some minor nerfs and now can no longer kill warriors or thieves because they were both buffed. Warrior has far too much sustain, and giving the strongest passive heal in the game to a class with great condition removal as well as invulnerabilities to both direct damage/condi damage is bad design.

Going from a 15 second ride the lighting to a 40 second ride the lighting isn’t a minor nerf. Not being able to use any utility skills while using mistform (which justified its long cooldown) was also pretty big hit. The removal of stunbreak from lightingflash (arguably the best utility of the ele) was also a huge hit.

And primarily, this is the big one, S/D and S/P perma evade thieves utterly destroy eles and even mesmer. Not to mention anyone with condi nukes – oh the condi nukes.

Coupled with it, as you’ve said, they don’t really have any targets that they can comfortably say, “okay, i can deal with this.”

This video highlights a mesmer having to deal with a kittenstorm of an opposing team comp.

Wereas warriors can just faceroll stuff. And thieves don’t faceroll, but have the tools to deal with this meta.

(edited by Chicago Jack.5647)

in PvP

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

[Quote]2. Eles received some minor nerfs and now can no longer kill warriors or thieves because they were both buffed.

Please don’t say minor.

Well I can’t pretend to know much about ele, but what I do know is that Eles aren’t that bad against engis, rangers, necros but that warriors/thieves eat them for breakfast.[/quote]

Have a look at this post.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/How-would-you-balance-eles/first#post3632228

in PvP

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

I think people just aren’t switching the meta. Its been bunker meta for a long time. Yes its hard for say a bunker guardian doing 300-400 dmg per attack to kill a warrior using healing singet and adrenal heal getting 500ish hp per second. A mesmer or thief built for burst can down a warrior pretty quickly though. Also mesmer is like the strongest 1v1 class and good for way more than just portal. You just dont see many people play burst class/builds anymore besides thieves. Probably cus people dont like to die. When I play a burst shatter mesmer I can do an insane amount of dmg and kill some people in one combo but I die semi often though to cus I am glass.

(edited by Chuck Zitto.2367)

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

Thieves are ok, just some limitation on d/p permanent stealth.

Wars are not ok. Healing sig is gross op. 2k hammer auto is op. Prof with 5k hp and toughness built in premium, has top healing, significant condi immunity, chain hammer cc. I don’t get how has this fallen through ante cracks and how can this go w’out fix for so long.

in PvP

Chicago Jack.5647

Perma stealth isn’t a thing in spvp. Perma evade, however, is a thing.

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

Wars are not ok. Healing sig is gross op. 2k hammer auto is op. Prof with 5k hp and toughness built in premium, has top healing, significant condi immunity, chain hammer cc. I don’t get how has this fallen through ante cracks and how can this go w’out fix for so long.

One of the biggest problems I have with thieves right now is that their mobility, both ground speed and combat mobility is just absolutely unparalleled. I would be ok with it if thieves had to give up something to get so insanely mobile, but it’s built into their best weapon sets / utilities.

YES, I realize this is intended to be a part of the class, but for one, it pigeonholes both thieves and other classes because it makes thief by far the best option to decap far point with which in turn means that you shouldn’t really ever bother running something else for far point other than thief.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

no, you know what is shutting down diversity? kitteng spammable aoe crap flying everywhere…why the hell should i go glass when every single cirlce is covered in mirriads of aoe appling kitten load of conditions by kitteng tanks that take no dmg and have immunities or too much ai

• gw2 is only game where a tank can do kitten load of dmg -> 0 risk, high reward
  • gw2 is only game where aoe does more dmg than single target spells and the same costs -> why should i even bother with positioning and CD mangament when i can just run in circles and spam aoe

^^this 2 things are biggest flaws in this game and for some reason devs refuse to aknowledge it or do anything about it

instead we get kitten like cleansing ire and HS putting some classes above other

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

Finally, someone who gets it. It’s so awful being pigeon-holed into using tanky gear just to address the current meta. All classes should be capable of running power builds with the same potency as condi builds, end of. It’s so boring running the same regen-condi crap all the time, so cheese.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Indicted:

• Trait System
  • Predefined status combos.
  • AI.

Solution:

1 – Divide trait system in two, the first is status and the second is the traits, them as they level up, the player can spend status points and trait points independently, creating a build at self choice.

2 – Divide status combos into major and minor single status, them all players can buff status at self choice.

3 – AI need less status/damage/sustain and more active skill. The player need control the main damage source of his AI to prevent necros, engineers and rangers to only stay in center of the node spaming auto attack and aoe.

Obs: for obvious reasons some traits and skills could need be balanced or reworked to not become OP or UP

(edited by JETWING.2759)

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

no, you know what is shutting down diversity? kitteng spammable aoe crap flying everywhere…why the hell should i go glass when every single cirlce is covered in mirriads of aoe appling kitten load of conditions by kitteng tanks that take no dmg and have immunities or too much ai

Yknow it’s actually quit easy to avoid AoE compared to attacks like pindown or thief sword 2.

As explained in my original post which you didn’t read, the reason everyone is running condi tanks is because thieves/warriors will kitten on those classes power variants.

One of the reasons mesmer/ele are no longer meta is because they don’t have condi specs that can deal with warriors/thieves.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Yknow it’s actually quit easy to avoid AoE compared to attacks like pindown or thief sword 2.

As explained in my original post which you didn’t read, the reason everyone is running condi tanks is because thieves/warriors will kitten on those classes power variants.

One of the reasons mesmer/ele are no longer meta is because they don’t have condi specs that can deal with warriors/thieves.

Have you done pvp lately? I did and all i see is army of engis/wars/necros dropping aoe all over the point. Avoid it? How? It covers entire area and stays there for quite some time.

Warriors are just kitteng broken because they have no trade off nor weakness.

As far as thieves shutting down power builds is horse kitten. You can go ahead and play a thief i promise you ppl like Caed with wash the floor with your thief on their ele/mesmer etc. In fact, mesmers are best 1v1 class atm.

All is Vain~

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

Have you done pvp lately? I did and all i see is army of engis/wars/necros dropping aoe all over the point. Avoid it? How? It covers entire area and stays there for quite some time.

Warriors are just kitteng broken because they have no trade off nor weakness.

As far as thieves shutting down power builds is horse kitten. You can go ahead and play a thief i promise you ppl like Caed with wash the floor with your thief on their ele/mesmer etc. In fact, mesmers are best 1v1 class atm.

Yeah, I’ve done tpvp lately, probably on a higher level than you.

Who said thieves need to 1v1 other power builds? All thieves need to do is wait until someone uses a few skills in a fight and then rush in and burst them down. AKA training them out of the fight/ turning them into a liability

Saying mesmer is a good 1v1 class is absolutely meaningless in tournament pvp. Mesmer has no point presence and has kitten mobility. If you don’t understand this, that’s too bad.

Also, maybe you need standard comps explained:

1. Bunker Guardian
2. Thief
3. Spirit Ranger
4. Warrior
5. OPTIONAL: Warrior, Engineer, Necromancer

This is the current meta, where thief is a necessity, double warrior is just fine, but it’s completely optional to take an engineer/necromancer.

Ranger//Necro

(edited by infantrydiv.1620)

in PvP

Chicago Jack.5647

Quite frankly infantry div, I don’t want my Mesmer to play like a thief. I’d rather my Mesmer play like a Mesmer and have a stronger comparative advantage in one area over the thief because of an inherent class mechanic. A long time ago, ages past (lol balance @ balance team), Mesmers were more favored in large-scale teamfights (3v3’s and 4v4’s) than thieves by far. Moreover, their ability to portal people across the map meant that they had the ability to out-rotate enemies.

Now, with the presence of warriors, spirit rangers, necromancers, S/D or S/P thieves (virtually direct counters to Mesmer), Mesmers just don’t have the comparative tools necessary to compete beyond superior boon removal (though boon spam exists via lyssa now).

in PvP

Posted by: Gmtsai.6349

Gmtsai.6349

I think thief are the main problem atm.
Thief can literally spam their skills now due to the initiative regan buff.
In other perspective, thief has all the aspect meta thing to spam
Ex: poison(aoe), Stealth, bursty(single target and also aoe), mobility, sustain(dodge spam), and easiness control(once you used to it)

The reason why I say thief is a problem is because thief’s build diversity is literally 1 build exist and all you need to do is switch 1 trait and 1 weapon (dagger or sword mainhand)

Warrior is a problem too but it only appears on bunker warrior/longbow hammer warrior. It’s easier to get fixed by removing Cleansing Ire trait instead of nerfing Healing Signet.

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

So did Elementalists and Mesmers a year ago. Do I see a pattern?

Yeah I know, the game was more fun a year ago even though Elementalist and Mesmer were both cancer classes. But that isn’t the point, my point is ANET’s balancing is stagnant and borderline not innovative.

in PvP

Posted by: Norvos.9304

Norvos.9304

You have that completely backwards. Thieves need all those escapes and evades and godforsaken blinds fixed. They can come out of nowhere and kill a 3400 Armor Warrior or Guardian in 3 hits. THAT is not ok. If a Warrior doesnt use hammer, he’s almost guaranteed toast against a good Thief. Honestly if you are a Thief and cannot beat a hammer war at least 75% of the time, you aren’t as good as you think. That’s why they haven’t nerfed wars like the carebears want, actual skilled longtime pvp’ers can beat them. There are plenty of great Thieves I know that are just joining the bandwagon and calling for nerfs because of course they want to make killing someone easier!

in PvP

Chicago Jack.5647

The WvW forum is this way.

in PvP

Norvos.9304

The WvW forum is this way.

That’s cool, i’ll be here discussing Tpvp.

Have fun though!

in PvP

Chicago Jack.5647

That’s cool, i’ll be here discussing Tpvp.

Have fun though!

“They can come out of nowhere and kill a 3400 Armor Warrior or Guardian in 3 hits.”

You’re ether in the wrong forums, or very good at cherry picking.

In no case will a thief will 100-0 a Warrior or Guardian in 3 hits.

in PvP

gesho.9468

“They can come out of nowhere and kill a 3400 Armor Warrior or Guardian in 3 hits.”

You’re ether in the wrong forums, or very good at cherry picking.

In no case will a thief will 100-0 a Warrior or Guardian in 3 hits.

dunno where he’s getting this 3 hit war kill experience. against heavy armor even backstab with crit is around 3.6k and zerker war has around 23k hp. so…

now for warrior it will take about 8sec of hammer auto attack to kill thief.

war on autoattack will prevail over thief backstabing. how is fair game coming now?

in PvP

Norvos.9304

The Guardian may take a bit longer. And of course I exaggerated the 3 hits. But it definitely happens to Warriors as it’s happened to mine. I’d say about 4 or 5 very quick ones. I’ve done it on my Thief and it’s very easy. When Wars roll hammer, you just have to stay out of range better, time your hits, and most of all, blind if u can. Those of you flabbergasted by the true concept are probably one of Thieves I spoke of in my first post. Almost everyone dislikes Thieves for a reason. You can tell who plays one when they quickly come to their defense. Just admit it.

Gesho – It’s not all backstab.

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

It is not just thieves and warriors. Its almost every class in the game demands a very strict setup for builds. The ability to fully negate damage a lot (blinds, evades, aegis, blocks, etc) and do lots of damage. Each class honestly has issues with it that cause this game’s pvp to basically be in a very poor position.

Warriors- Tons of AoE CC. Would be fine on one on one since their animation tells are kind of obvious, most of the time though our attention cant be fully on the warrior and if we miss one of his attacks it is very very punishing to us.

Mesmer- Tons of clones. This not only crowds up the UI and makes for a terriable viewing experience, but it also demands that builds have lots of aoe to take out the clones. Again like the warrior, getting hit by a shatter is a huge punishment.

Engineer- Jesus too much AoEs. Crowds up the UI even more, makes for a horrible viewing experience.

Thief- The most punishing class in terms of gameplay. With the large asortment of teleports, leaps, blinds, evades, and attacks that can do 5k+ damage within seconds; it is a very punishing class. This is made worse by stealth which has no counter. I want to try out a build that may be more supportish? Well that thief just used his shortbow and dagger to gap close and also go in stealth with d/p, then did 9k+ damage to me within a second after he reappared on top of me. If I"m still alive he ran away or blind spammed me till his rotation was up again.

Guardian- Gets a ton of boons and support spam no matter the build he chooses because of his class mechanics. This means you either need high dps or boon stipping capabilities to really get through to him.

Ranger- Basically autoattacks and is able to do its damage. Very boring to watch and to fight.

Ele- like engineer has a ton of AoEs. This class isn’t nearly as bad as the others, but still crowds up the UI a lot.

Necromancer- Tons of AoE conditions. Only interesting thing about this class is how he uses his DS and corrupt boon. Aside from that it is an AoE condition spam like engineer.

Every class spams something. It all boils down to too much AoE/Passives in this game and a huge lack of skill punishment. Necro, engineers spam AoE conditions. Mesmers spam clones. Guardians Spam boons/support. Thieves spam blinds/evades/huge damage attacks. Rangers just spam bow skills. Warrior spams AoE CC and physical damage.

in PvP

Chicago Jack.5647

I’d say about 4 or 5 very quick ones.

If any guardian or warrior dies to a thief in four to five hits, they are REALLY bad warriors and guardians.

Here is a video of an actual good warrior not even using hambow, instead favoring greatsword/longbow – on top of it, the warrior is using zerkers ammy no 3.5k armor here. Quite frankly, he’s running the glassiest thing a warrior can operate. No Berserkers stance, he has fury stance. He doesn’t die in four to five hits.

The people you kill in four to five hits need to play better.

Edit: Notice how the warrior always uses ranged aoe or skills which overload blind whenever he sees the thief pop blackpowder. Moreover, he knows when to dodge – completely screwing up the thief’s steal skill. This is critical for the thief to land in order to get an advantage.

in PvP

Norvos.9304

That was a terrible Thief. That was one of those Thieves who think they don’t have enough tools, dps, escapes, stealth, to be effective. He could have used those blinds to enable him to not be touched while damaging the Warrior. He could have done a million other things. I’m sorry but that was not a good example. Contrary to what you say, even really good Warriors get killed very easy. I’m not just pulling this out of my rear here. They are called Glass cannon Thieves, and if they know how to play and avoid correctly, they will win extremely fast. It’s happened to me, and it’s happened to my victims. This is why we bring one or two thieves in our tournaments. They can move all over the map and disable anyone except Ranger’s with the petting Zoo, or Necro Minion Mancer’s very quickly. They should have more penalties if they go full glass, as in less time in stealth, or diminishing returns on damage the more times they stealth during combat.

Since this debate could go on forever, lets just agree to disagree shall we?

in PvP

gesho.9468

That was a terrible Thief.

sigh….

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

Eles are OP what are you talking about Kappa

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Can you stop trolling norvoz? No offense but youre a guy in the percentages with 48 rated games played. And youre calling out a guy who has been top 10 since the leaderboards got introduced.

On top of that he is duelling a warrior who has way more experience than you do. So yes if you duelled Caed you would be right…it would be a cakewalk for him. But thats purely since you have less experience than he does.

in PvP

Chicago Jack.5647

When you cannot engage in a polite and constructive debate.

I called you out on your outrageous comment. In response, you said, “okay I exaggerated, it’s more like 4 to 5.” I say, that’s still outrageous and here is a video of two of the best players – the warrior was the guy who actually created hambow – of their class to show why that is an outrageous statement. Then you proceed with this:

You’re no better than the village idiot.
That Thief sucks.
Or that video of him sucked.
How much you want to perform fellatio on him, that performance was terrible.
Nice try though Thief fan boy.
Crying to nerf everything else to match your skill level. (Of which, I said absolutely zero, nothing, nada of the sort)
You just fail.

So I ask you…

U mad bro?

in PvP

gesho.9468

calling Caed a terrible thief is like calling Jesus a terrible Christian.

in PvP

Posted by: DuranArgith.1354

DuranArgith.1354

Thieves are only carried by lyssa runes atm. Nerf or remove them and thieves will be way easier to deal with.

in PvP

Norvos.9304

Wow…its surprising to me how many of you kitten baddies whom are replying to me, are on the nuts of that guy. All of you Thieves i’m sure. I’m just shaking my head at you bandwagoner’s. You are all just silly.

Jack….I love how you used my exact comment on me. How original! The tears in your eyes as you wrote that will tuck me into bed tonight.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

That was a terrible Thief…

i saw everything now

If Caed is not good enough for you, who is lol? No, honestly. Name me best d/p thief, i wanna see that OP gameplay.

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

You’re kittening stupid if you call caed a terrible thief lol. This is coming from an ele if you must know.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Norvos.9304

Still more loons coming out of the wood works. Thieves aren’t hard to play people, so the fact that all of you are on his sack speaks volumes about your own skills.

I’ve seen you on your Thief Bsg, dont lie. Get on the bandwagon with the rest of the clowns you dummy.

Move along now.

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

I’ve seen you on your Thief Bsg, dont lie. Get on the bandwagon with the rest of the clowns you dummy.
Move along now.

Attachments:

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

(edited by Bsgapollo.5364)

in PvP

Chicago Jack.5647

Don’t even bother apollo. The kid obviously has no interest in listening to anyone but himself.

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

I couldn’t give a flying kitten who plays what class, or who is good at what class.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the fact that all other classes are forced into either condi tank or bunker builds because warrior/thief are the absolute dominate power builds.

And no, a Thief is not going to 3 hit a warrior bunker in tpvp. How is this even relevant anyway?

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Slim.3024

Slim.3024

I’d say about 4 or 5 very quick ones.

If any guardian or warrior dies to a thief in four to five hits, they are REALLY bad warriors and guardians.

Here is a video of an actual good warrior not even using hambow, instead favoring greatsword/longbow – on top of it, the warrior is using zerkers ammy no 3.5k armor here. Quite frankly, he’s running the glassiest thing a warrior can operate. No Berserkers stance, he has fury stance. He doesn’t die in four to five hits.

The people you kill in four to five hits need to play better.

Edit: Notice how the warrior always uses ranged aoe or skills which overload blind whenever he sees the thief pop blackpowder. Moreover, he knows when to dodge – completely screwing up the thief’s steal skill. This is critical for the thief to land in order to get an advantage.

I really don’t want to argue who is good or bad, what’s op and what isn’t, but for the love of god, you can not possibly try to sell the fact that he dodged 4 steals in that fight as knowing when to dodge.

That was pure luck and he basically hit whirlwind and/or dodge at the same time as Caed used steal. If anyone is going to argue the contrary, then please explain how the same warrior is getting hit by 4 consecutive steals in one of the other 1v1s.

Trickery thieves are 80% steal and 20% the rest. If you miss 1, it’s bad, if you miss 4, you are absolutely done.