Those patch notes are incomplete, right?

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

It’s the only thing I could possibly think of – 2 months of players complaining about how unfun the current condition meta is and Necromancer was basically untouched. I’m just going to give Anet the benefit of the doubt and assume the notes are incomplete.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Posted by: Kensei.1495

Kensei.1495

The big patch is coming in 2 weeks.

Happy anyway for the small spirits nerf. Hopefully more will come

hue

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

I was thinking the same…looking for a second part somewhere, then i realized that was all -_-

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

Oh well. You would think I would learn to not get my hopes up, but alas, I am a fool.

in PvP

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

Happy to see that they are at least addressing one of the biggest issues first though. Time will tell when it comes to the “big” balance change. I REALLY wish we could get a public test server.

in PvP

Posted by: speedii.1095

speedii.1095

lol its not nerf… it should be not 25 but 40 sec, and chance to proc buffs from spirits nerfed from 70 to 50%, base stil 30% as for me….. amazing patch…. BEST META EVER!

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

yup one skill for the nec and the thief wasn’t even touch

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

What are you all on about. They have been working very hard to balance for the last two months.

You guys dont understand how much effort it takes to make grasping dead give 2 bleeds and not 3. This is 2 months work on its own. Be grateful for what you get.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Niebelheim.6041

Niebelheim.6041

So that was all? really? i know i wasn’t supposed to expect much from this patch but come on…

in PvP

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

What are you all on about. They have been working very hard to balance for the last two months.

You guys dont understand how much effort it takes to make grasping dead give 2 bleeds and not 3. This is 2 months work on its own. Be grateful for what you get.

You have inside info? Then what’s next? Making traps blockable?

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in PvP

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

Reduce instant trap damage.

in PvP

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

Give them time!

‘’Every man deserves 3 months vacation’’
-Mr. Dumbfire

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Next balance patch should be in december. They are working hard with it at the moment and hoping everything can come together. They hit the necro and ranger this patch so it is sword thief next patch. They are considering reducing the sword auto attack damage by 0.005%, but only on tuesdays between 4-5pm. It is taking alot of work though. You wouldnt understand.

They are hoping that by the year 2043 they might have bought this build into line.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

(edited by Lordrosicky.5813)

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

The big patch is coming in 2 weeks.

sounds familiar
sounds like a dev comment about a year ago, and another one 9 months ago.
and another one….

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Anet makes too many stealth nerfs/changes…
There may be changes that are not documented…
(for reasons which may not even be the fault of the guy who posts the patch notes)

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

Next balance patch should be in december. They are working hard with it at the moment and hoping everything can come together. They hit the necro and ranger this patch so it is sword thief next patch. They are considering reducing the sword auto attack damage by 0.005%, but only on tuesdays between 4-5pm. It is taking alot of work though. You wouldnt understand.

They are hoping that by the year 2043 they might have bought this build into line.

thank you so much! i love you

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Lol nice, ok I’m leaving spvp forums. Thanks for the laugh, later on dude

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Lol nice, ok I’m leaving spvp forums. Thanks for the laugh, later on dude

Thank you Don’t come back.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

This feels adequate for now, Spirit Rangers needed to be hit first and foremost without any buffs getting thrown around willy-nilly.

We now need to see where a few overshadowed classes will fall into place as the Spirit Ranger is certainly, now, counter-able in more ways than one. The ability to crowd control the spirits makes them highly susceptible to just being bursted down by warriors and guardians, or interrupted by eles and mesmers.

I don’t even think it will be viable to run this triple utility anymore because the moment they get controlled and focus-fired (the staggered animation is long) they will be dead, and the ranger will have 0 utility available for 25 seconds (ie. no blind/protection/fire spam) and their elite now is… not nearly godlike like it used to be.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

(edited by Vena.8436)

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

It was mentioned that this patch wouldn’t include big balance changes. One of the devs actually said that on gw2pvptv on twitch. The bigger patch is supposedly coming in 2 weeks as far as I know…

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

It was mentioned that this patch wouldn’t include big balance changes. One of the devs actually said that on gw2pvptv on twitch. The bigger patch is supposedly coming in 2 weeks as far as I know…

I missed that information apparently. It’s not the biggest deal, just a bit disappointing.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

This feels adequate for now, Spirit Rangers needed to be hit first and foremost without any buffs getting thrown around willy-nilly.

We now need to see where a few overshadowed classes will fall into place as the Spirit Ranger is certainly, now, counter-able in more ways than one. The ability to crowd control the spirits makes them highly susceptible to just being bursted down by warriors and guardians, or interrupted by eles and mesmers.

I don’t even think it will be viable to run this triple utility anymore because the moment they get controlled and focus-fired (the staggered animation is long) they will be dead, and the ranger will have 0 utility available for 25 seconds (ie. no blind/protection/fire spam) and their elite now is… not nearly godlike like it used to be.

“Easily burst down by guardians.” On my guardian, I couldn’t even match movement speed with the spirits. The usual feedback would be hit-miss-miss-miss-hit-miss-miss-miss- However on warrior with longbow, they perished fairly quickly.

The spirits were more easily destroyed by anyone that had ground targeted AoE. Any player using single target direct damage just got owned from all the evades, protection , blind and healing regen.

I agree, the spirits needed toning down.

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

I agree, the spirits needed toning down.

I am speaking in terms of now, not before. Since now you can actually pull and control those kitten spirits with a guardian → Greatsword and Ring/Line of Protection. The ranger might be able to “fall over the line” but the pets will be corralled.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate