Three semifinal teams use two warriors

in PvP

Posted by: Oshawa.7935

Oshawa.7935

early game one the weakest classes not continuously nerfd still one the strongest, you ever play an mmo before?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

2 hambow with AoE cc really help in team fight. Even with just spam cc (you don’t need to chain it correctly), you forced the other team to stay in defensive mode. It’s very effective.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

No engis in the US and EU finals. This is conclusive proof that engis need massive buffs!

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Warriors are the best class in PvE as well. Maybe shaving isn’t the best option anymore. How long does the class have to dominate for something to happen?

Warriors have continuously been nerfed. Hammer. Longbow. Healing signet. All have been nerfed. There’s still some tuning to be done but they can’t do it all in one huge chunk. It takes time.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Warriors are the best class in PvE as well. Maybe shaving isn’t the best option anymore. How long does the class have to dominate for something to happen?

Warriors have continuously been nerfed. Hammer. Longbow. Healing signet. All have been nerfed. There’s still some tuning to be done but they can’t do it all in one huge chunk. It takes time.

Don’t ignore the HUGE buff from 4x sigils that people aren’t really talking about. It has given more soft CC to these monsters , more damage , more sustain , etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

They already buffed the power up.

Maybe nerf healing power ….

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Anet said hambow needed a slight nerf, that’s why they nerfed one trait and one longbow attack, as well as healing signet. But, they buffed them a lot more with strength rune and extra sigils. So, it doesn’t make sense. Before they wanted to nerfed them but they are accidentally buffed now, why are they not taking any action into nerfing them again?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

warriors are fine and balanced, does not need additional nerfs.

also, 3 teams in the semifinals having 2 warriors in their team does not mean warriors are overpowered.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The last time teams were running double anything with frequency was back when D/D eles were insanely broken. There is a reason double warriors were so prevalent, and its not because warrior is balanced. They don’t need to nerf it with an orbital bombardment, but it still needs tuning.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

BlackBeard.2873

Anet said hambow needed a slight nerf, that’s why they nerfed one trait and one longbow attack, as well as healing signet. But, they buffed them a lot more with strength rune and extra sigils. So, it doesn’t make sense. Before they wanted to nerfed them but they are accidentally buffed now, why are they not taking any action into nerfing them again?

Its still too early post-patch to declare them broken and needing nerfs. I DO think you can play around them and beat them, people need some time still to try out the new toys they have been given and maybe not explored yet.

However, if it does prove to be an issue, maybe they could nerf them by 8%?

in PvP

Posted by: chibbi.3706

chibbi.3706

What about the EU ToL tournament final where there was only 1 warrior per team (which wasn’t even an hambow for the winners), shouldn’t we talk about it ?

What about last ESL cup final where 55 hp monks ran 2 or 3 eles ?

(edited by chibbi.3706)

in PvP

BlackBeard.2873

What about last ESL cup final where 55 hp monks ran 2 or 3 eles ?

55 HP Monks was trolling, and it was 4 eles. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like 4-ele is the new meta QQ.

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

Says the necromancer main, warriors are designed to counter your kitten

Ah yes, must have forgotten we were playing rock paper scissors.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

War vs necro is actually pretty even, if the necro is not terrible they can avoid all of the key warrior skills: pindown, evic, shieldbash, earthshaker, backbreaker. Then the necro just needs to maintain weakness or cripple to kite or ignore the rest of the warriors damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

War vs necro is actually pretty even, if the necro is not terrible they can avoid all of the key warrior skills: pindown, evic, shieldbash, earthshaker, backbreaker. Then the necro just needs to maintain weakness or cripple to kite or ignore the rest of the warriors damage.

unfortunately, it seems there are still many players cannot do all if not most of the above mentioned in bold hence there are still a lot of warrior haters qq in the forums.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I play warrior greatsword and to be honest, I am tired of always facing duel sword/hambow/shout builds. I see players with the least amount of skill running these builds and feeling they’re apex. The sad part is that even though I can down them it requires 100% full concentration and a bit of luck to do with great sword. Players have asked for these builds to be addressed and still they run rampant, and with every shave tey get marginally weaker, yet my greatsword build gets not tweaks of assistance to make it attractive to use, yet I suffer all the same nerfs to burst mastery etc.

It has entirely evident from the stat duel swords and hammer need complete skill rewriting, yet instead whacking the mole has failed to produce anything. It is because of this with 4 vs 5 etc I don’t tournament at all anymore, and I can only stomach hotjoin to kill time until my guild is ready for guild events. The epic amount of builds that have just poisoned the PvP scene, and still continue to today has made the PvP experience unrewarding. The sheer time invested is just not worth it when you could pick up any of these 2 builds and be instantly effectively and out performing people who for over a year have honed great sword down, and still have to deal with rush/bull’s rush, whirlwind issues.

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

Oh no problem. Let me just fear the warrior… oh wait stability. No problem though, I have corrupt boon, right? Oh, hey, look, its skill stance. No worries though, I can just wait it out with a few defensive CDs, you know pop a block here, an invuln there, maybe kite him with some conditions… oh wait.

Obviously exaggerated, and Necros have had their fare share of being stupid to fight against. But it doesn’t make the warrior any more balanced, or some of their skills any less toxic.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Unlike the EU teams it seems that the NA teams dont wasted time to practise other team composition to play this tournment.

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

What makes Hambow good in sPvP is the regular condition cleanse thanks to Cleansing Ire and the pressure applied via Combustion Shot during node-fights.

That’s what makes them so good. Their mechanics just work well for Conquest.

That said, Healing Signet is still overpowered and needs some proper conditionals.

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

That’s what happens when people extrapolate stuff they know nothing about. Warrior is the best for PvE? Haha!

You wanna know the meta-speedrun comp at the moment? Hint: it includes 2-3 Eles.

Yes, elementalists. Now cut the crap and learn to separate PvE from PvP,

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

That’s what happens when people extrapolate stuff they know nothing about. Warrior is the best for PvE? Haha!

You wanna know the meta-speedrun comp at the moment? Hint: it includes 2-3 Eles.

Everyone alert the authorities. After a complete domination of PvE for 20 consecutive months, warriors are not the go to choice for speed runs.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Everyone alert the authorities. After a complete domination of PvE for 20 consecutive months, warriors are not the go to choice for speed runs.

What an utterly random backhanded insult for no good reason.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

how much time do you think it takes?
hambow has been in the meta for over half a year now…
how long do you think this ridiculously slow “tickle” method will take to balance?
another half a year? a year? two years?
it clearly isn’t working.

in PvP

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

I don’t think warriors need any more nerfs, just because 2 warriors are used on one team doesn’t mean they need nerfs. Every 5v5 game should want and need a tank or two on their team! Why shouldn’t tanks play a vital role in this game?

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Warriors are not OP, they are just cheap.
Apparently, NA likes it cheap.

The last time teams were running double anything with frequency was back when D/D eles were insanely broken. There is a reason double warriors were so prevalent, and its not because warrior is balanced. They don’t need to nerf it with an orbital bombardment, but it still needs tuning.

SYNC ran double spirit ranger back then, they still lost to CC horribly.
Profession stacking is just a cheesy way for people not willing to theorycraft a proper team comp.

in PvP

Posted by: Inscrutable.8347

Inscrutable.8347

Ya I don’t take NA team comps seriously anymore since I watched the EU ToL and listened to the TCG guys talk about the game.

(edited by Inscrutable.8347)

in PvP

Posted by: Arcades.4689

Arcades.4689

In EUToL there was an average of more than one guardian for team.
Should guardians be nerfed?

(edited by Arcades.4689)

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

In EUToL there was an average of more than one guardian for team.
Should guardians be nerfed?

Abso-kittening-lutely.

They should have been nerfed years ago. That class alone probably defines the bunker-meta more than any other and imo is by far the biggest reason why everyone goes so defensive.

Let alone the fact that they make up up to 50% of guild WvW zergs.

Take all that support Guardians provide and share it among the less fortunate classes and see how things go from there.

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

I’d love to see bunkering spread out among the different classes. There should be valid reasons to bring a Warrior bunker, Necro bunker, Ranger bunker, Engi bunker, or Ele bunker, instead of it just being a known thing that a Guardian bunker is needed (since Mesmers don’t seem to have the mechanics for it, and Thieves simply will never bunker).

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Inscrutable.8347

I find it impossible to believe that a Necro can’t land Corrupt Boon on a Staff Ele or use Well of Corruption on a team fight to deny a boon-heavy team that advantage

in PvP

Posted by: Remko.9801

Remko.9801

Necros cannot strip boons often enough to counter boon heavy teams. It would really have to be a team effort. You are looking at a 60 second cd or a 48sec cooldown to reliably pressure all of the boons. The fact is they are just generated much much faster than you can remove them.

In theory the necromancer could counter that team, but that theory has to include the necro being alive, which isn’t going to be the case because they can’t sustain.

WellWhaleWell-Necro

in PvP

Inscrutable.8347

Well then bring a Mesmer with Null Field too.

Before people freak out and say LOL Necro / Mesmer can’t hold up to Warriors, consider what would happen if they had peels from a tanky Warrior / Engi combo or a double Warrior Hambow combo.

Classic front, mid, and back line.

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well then bring a Mesmer with Null Field too.

Before people freak out and say LOL Necro / Mesmer can’t hold up to Warriors, consider what would happen if they had peels from a tanky Warrior / Engi combo or a double Warrior Hambow combo.

Classic front, mid, and back line.

Which would work, if you didn’t need two other people for objectives (typically a home point bunker and special objective control, Apex proved how necessary the latter is in the final match) That team comp requires six people to function properly, and you only get five.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Inscrutable.8347

Most Engi and Warrior builds move around really fast b/c of Speedy Kits and any number of choices for the Warrior.

I think a big difference too is how bulky you saw the two “DPS” guys they had were. 30 points in a toughness line with Soldiers / Celestial, for example, is a ton of armor. Engis can trait just like Warriors into full toughness and healing power to become a lot tankier so they can handle more abuse, instead of going for max dmg with Explosives.