To everyone on this forum

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Have you ever took a look at all those topics in spvp forum? Because all i see are 90% questions, discussions and proposals blatantly ignored by pvp developers…no answers, nothing. We’re actually talking about spvp reward system, people talked about gold and gems, skins and legendary weapons and noone can give an answer…all you can say it’s we’re looking into it, it’s in our “to do list” and kitten like that, nothing else. Truth is that you seriously don’t give a kitten about pvp at all, i don’t care if you’re looking into something…when ppl ask questions you MUST (Yes must because at the end of the day we paid for the game AND its support) give clear answers: what are you gonna do or not and within a date, because as we all know “looking into it” means from1 to 6 months and it’s not the answer we want. Second thing stop saying that you have “more important things to do” because i saw you working on and implementing that kittening skyhammer map while there were WAY BIGGER problems like no tpvp rewards, no gems to buy PVP arenas, worthless glory and so on…if your priority with all those things still there was freakin skyhammer i really don’t think you have more important things to do than keeping attention on ppl questions and discussions. You should change your behaviour with ppl you’re working for and you should do it quickly…many already left and many are going to leave soon. Most have no faith in you (With good reasons) and those who are still trying to hope this will get better (Like me) are mostly from gw1 and since we’re still in love with it we simply refuse to believe you totally ruined the game we used to play for many years and maybe still playing. Look at your community anet, give us exaustive anwers, follow and partecipate to discussions and suggestions because doing it on your own already turned out to be an epic fail…let US set priorities…ask US bout what you should dedicate to, i bet noone would have voted for skyhammer map instead of reward system fix. Start working for your community FOR REAL or delete pvp from gw2 already, you got your money and those stupid nostalgics could move on to another game without sticking around hoping for some fresh air while you keep screwing it up. Make you choice anet…once and for all, time is running out and it’s almost over. No need an answer..i’ll get mine looking at the next few patches and discussions, after that…in or out. And you ppl from the mists give your opinion bout this situation, here is mine….

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Have you ever took a look at all those topics in spvp forum?

Have you ever looked at the profession subforums? Nearly every one is convinced that the devs specifically target their profession for nerfs every patch in a grand conspiracy to bring them down. They believe their profession is the hardest to master and yet the weakest even when played at skill cap.

The WvW forum is literally filled with people spewing hatred at devs because they believe that PvP is getting all the resources. Seriously, I would be surprised if I heard there weren’t regular death threats.

Even the general forum has conspiracy theorists and people making weird single-paragraph text walls because they feel somehow the devs are being unfair to them. (You’re farming champions in a giant autoattacking zerg for crying out loud…how are the devs being unfair to you?) That’s the one that gets me.

There’s nothing special going on here—it’s called human nature. It’s what makes us feel offended even when there’s no reason to be, or become angry over trivial things like video games. Plus, the devs post here practically every day, so…

in PvP

Posted by: swordbreaker.5189

swordbreaker.5189

The Devs are not the problem. When you look how many ppl play PvP and how many PvE and you would be the one who make the money and spent the money. Where will get more resources?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i think spvp rewards is being worked on at the moment.

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

i think spvp rewards is being worked on at the moment.

I said that same thing when the game first launched.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Problem is that at game lauch they said glory was going to be pvp currency like gold for pve (Aka trading for gems), they said there were good tpvp rewards incoming (Do you remember qpnts? I do..)….and nothing happened, problem is that they keep promising nice things but at the end of the day they don’t give a single kitten to real pvp problems. As i said implementing sh (Stupid as map itself + started glory farm servers too) instead of fixing real problems that are here since start demostrates they don’t even look at spvp forum and discussions at all…..hundreds of topics bout crap rewards and ppl leaving cuz nothing to get in pvp and what they do? Let’s put in a crappy lame map instead…i’m seriously asking myself if devs actually play their game…for real..and if you don’t play this game, dear god, listen to those who play it from start already

in PvP

Archaon.6245

The Devs are not the problem. When you look how many ppl play PvP and how many PvE and you would be the one who make the money and spent the money. Where will get more resources?

Resources are a problem for sure…but real problem is that they focus on worthless or even harmful changes instead of focusing on problems ppl are explaining since start..and when you see devs (Who are supposed to listen to their players acting accordingly to what they ask) messing stuff up even more instead what do you do then? You leave pvp…quitting or going pve/wvsw….it’s a circle and it’s totally their fault, and now it’s time to fix this behaviour already…it’s not too late..or at least i hope so..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Archaon.6245

Have you ever took a look at all those topics in spvp forum?

Have you ever looked at the profession subforums? Nearly every one is convinced that the devs specifically target their profession for nerfs every patch in a grand conspiracy to bring them down. They believe their profession is the hardest to master and yet the weakest even when played at skill cap.

The WvW forum is literally filled with people spewing hatred at devs because they believe that PvP is getting all the resources. Seriously, I would be surprised if I heard there weren’t regular death threats.

Even the general forum has conspiracy theorists and people making weird single-paragraph text walls because they feel somehow the devs are being unfair to them. (You’re farming champions in a giant autoattacking zerg for crying out loud…how are the devs being unfair to you?) That’s the one that gets me.

There’s nothing special going on here—it’s called human nature. It’s what makes us feel offended even when there’s no reason to be, or become angry over trivial things like video games. Plus, the devs post here practically every day, so…

Look at pvp population, events and content updates…then look at wvsw and pve, you can clearly see who gets more. Read any patch note till now…and spot out differences in content upgrades there, you’ll find your answer…no conspiracy theories here, just facts..

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Destiny.6738

Destiny.6738

It’s because of the devs – for sure. Even they have little ressources, they just use them completely wrong. They wasted a lot of time for creating skyhammer, just to give an example. Dev’s are not even playing their game, so how should they know what’s wrong in PvP? (they could know, by listening to the community, but…they just don’t) So please, don’t expect any big changes for the next patch.

GW2 will never be a PvP game (even though they said so), not to mention e-sport. Anet just made a very big mistake by implementing a new system for GW2, instead of taking over the existing one from GW1 – and they know this for sure.

(edited by Destiny.6738)

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

It’s because of the devs – for sure. Even they have little ressources, they just use them completely wrong. They wasted a lot of time for creating skyhammer, just to give an example. Dev’s are not even playing their game, so how should they know what’s wrong in PvP? (they could know, by listening to the community, but…they just don’t) So please, don’t expect any big changes for the next patch.

Yeah Skyhammer is a big “kitten” for sPVP and an obvious sign that ANet doesn’t understand their own game and community.

Either that or they purposefully ignore them like they did with the Bloodlust stat-buffs.

sPvPer in general prefer maps without too many gimmicks. But Skyhammer is nothing but a giant gimmick littered with pathing issues and terrible design decisions.

I mean it’s ironic considering how much ANet seems to love the concept of “verticality” but how few of the actual abilities work with it.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Look at pvp population, events and content updates…then look at wvsw and pve, you can clearly see who gets more. Read any patch note till now…and spot out differences in content upgrades there, you’ll find your answer…no conspiracy theories here, just facts..

Yup, just like the engineer forum only states the “fact” that engineers are the worst profession, and the ranger forum states the same fact about rangers.

The devs post in the PvP forum regularly, at least as often as in WvW, and there are more people who play WvW. Just about every other patch has had balance or content for PvP. Sure, the game released a bit early for PvP so there was a long way to go…but that’s a far cry from “blatantly ignored,” etc, etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

I think you guys are overreacting. I know its a bit frustrating right now but i think things will be fine eventually.

in PvP

Posted by: ThatShortGuy.4672

ThatShortGuy.4672

I think you guys are overreacting. I know its a bit frustrating right now but i think things will be fine eventually.

Yeah exactly. It sucks waiting and I do agree that there is a communication breakdown between us and the devs but I don’t think ArenaNet is ignoring us.

That Cloaked One / That Phantom Memser / That Dark One
ThatShortGuy.com

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

Yeah exactly. It sucks waiting and I do agree that there is a communication breakdown between us and the devs but I don’t think ArenaNet is ignoring us.

as time passed i more and more get the feeling of the devs wanting to help us and doing everything quick, but there is some bigwig sitting in headquarters telling them not to do this and that. and devs are whining and moaning and asking why and when but the only answer they get is: “when I say it’s ready”

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

There’s a difference between incapable and ‘not caring’.
The devs care about GW2.
The devs are incapable of fixing GW2.

They want to, it’s their job, i don’t really doubt that part…
But “care” doesn’t mean you “can”.
And the devs by no means have the mindsets for making MMOs.
Tragically.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Your block of text is too hard to read. Maybe pictures will help like this thread =]

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

There’s a difference between incapable and ‘not caring’.
The devs are incapable of fixing this game.

They want to, it’s their job, i don’t really doubt that part…
But “want” doesn’t mean you “have the mind for it”.
Tragically

QFT
The devs actually really care alot about spvp balance, the problem is that they can’t be more open to the community behind the process. Unfortunately taking so much time off from a serious balance patch (3 months?) has killed the pvp community more than they thought, even the “official gw2 pvp twitch” which is supposed to be 24/7 pvp has severely dropped from what it used to and you can see it by the amount of people even streaming. Viewership has dropped, but some can remain hopeful that if “real” balance happens the old players come back, but right now things look too grim. They want to push out quality of life patches but it might be too late.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

The devs actually really care alot about spvp balance…

They do, but openness won’t change much.
Tossing patch notes around the forums… in the best of situations it’d end with a mildly more balanced/entertaining game, at the same slow pace, that’s if random people on the forums actually think through what they are saying, actually think on the ‘objective highly understanding’ level necessary to truly help a game.

But that’s the forums issue as much as the devs… people seem to be tunnel visioned on balance.

Other MMOs have gotten by with worse… with far worse… balance than GW2.
Why?

Because the gameplay was entertaining.
It was engaging, it was teamwork related, it gave people a purpose in a group and gave a better style than this conquest.

Being a scattered skirmish game puts an extreme focus on your spec and its capabilities, making imbalances seem more obvious, its an interesting take, one I like, IF the devs are EXTREMELY intelligent.
But GW2’s aren’t and with conquest they will never have a remotely popular game.

At least imo.
They should just abandon ship on it, make the game into a generally team v team fight style and rebalance and reshape classes around it.
Having a game based on teamfights gives so much more leeway, positioning matters, how you move around the group and can read enemies is taken up a dozen notches in importance…
Most importantly… your playing an MMO as a team… not with other people with the same color… as a team.
You actually work with people instead of next to them… that’s one of the massive draws of MMOs and something Anet tossed for literally nothing.

Anyways, fixing that, it’s really in the devs hands and theirs alone… they didn’t think through next to anything in GW2 and only they can try to salvage from it.

(edited by garethh.3518)