ToG: EU meta vs NA meta

in PvP

Posted by: Sizer.2654

Sizer.2654

I accept any bets vs any team in the WTS, up to maximum 3186gold. If your interested in betting against TCG and losing your money, please contact me ! We would have to organize a middle man that we trust such as jebro or blu and give them small cut from the earnings ofc.

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

NA always 1-2 patches behind eu, nothing to add to that, I doubt they can beat tcg at WTS and I think thats the opinion of most eu/na top players.

Ummm… EU meta has never changed.

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Gold? Bring out the real currency man

in PvP

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

I think while it is fine that fans of respective meta/comps argue about who will win, there is a major difference in how the teams actually portray their opinions in public (as seen from their popular streamers).

Abjured;
OE: “I just wanna have a blast who cares”
Phantaram: “I am confident in my team and think we can win, but TCG has exceptionally skilled players so who knows what might happen”
Caed: “TCG is very good, maybe we win, maybe we don’t. We’ll see”

TCG;
Sizer “Lol NA is trash just look at their keybinds Caed spread shift 1 cancer Ostrich Eggs uses F keys rofl no way they are gonna beat us. I got a strat that will 100% beat them roflol OMG MID DODGEROLL”
Helseth “NA is so bad, they wouldn’t be able to beat a single EU comp without a guardian (Ignores that Cheese Mode won ToL without a guard)”

The difference in public attitudes is astounding, and its no wonder the games pvp community is as toxic as it is with their most dominant role models constantly trashtalking everyone publically.

Final thing that’s left to say, since both teams put in extreme amounts of practice, why not just wait and see what happens? It’s gonna be really entertaining anyways, no matter who you root for.

Also, this one guy saying NA needs to l2p without Celestial cheese comps when Abjured uses one more Cele amulet than every other (EU) team (two elementalists compared to clerics guardian and elementalist combo). Funny.

Got a source/link for the TCG quotes?

Just watch Sizer or Helseth’s stream and subtly throw in any NA player name, or the Abjured. The Helseth quote was directly taken from Sizer’s stream just a bit earlier, but you need to be a sub to watch his VoDs.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

NA always 1-2 patches behind eu, nothing to add to that, I doubt they can beat tcg at WTS and I think thats the opinion of most eu/na top players.

That’s like your own opinion because if you ask to every top team in na they’ll say abjured will win.

And the “meta” each region has its own and now we’ll see which one is better

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

That’s like your own opinion because if you ask to every top team in na they’ll say abjured will win.

Yeah thats the thing, I think if I ask every eu team they will say TCG will win and if I ask every NA Team only half will say Abjured will win. Obviously its impossible to say for sure, since the region barrier didn’t let those 2 teams meet, but in the past I had the feeling that many top NA players felt that EU is stronger, while almost no EU players felt that way about NA, maybe its different now with Abjured being at the top (since they dominated the other NA Teams so hard, it might have cause others to think they are better than TCG).

Fixi

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Last time I watched, EU was considered as more skilled environment, but with uninteresting, copy-paste builds. NA was the other way around.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

I accept any bets vs any team in the WTS, up to maximum 3186gold. If your interested in betting against TCG and losing your money, please contact me ! We would have to organize a middle man that we trust such as jebro or blu and give them small cut from the earnings ofc.

500 gold abjured wins vs TCG IF thats the WTS matchup. id like to be one of the first who can get in on this awesome opportunity.

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I know Blacklisted isn’t anywhere near TCG in terms of running their comp but…

…for some perspective. When we play shatter mesmer, d/p thief, DPS guard, power ranger, and bunker war. We lose to Abjured with a score of about 300-500.

When we play shatter mesmer, d/p thief, bunker guard, hambow war, condi ranger. We lose to Abjured with a score of about 0 – 500.

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Yeah thats the thing, I think if I ask every eu team they will say TCG will win and if I ask every NA Team only half will say Abjured will win. Obviously its impossible to say for sure, since the region barrier didn’t let those 2 teams meet, but in the past I had the feeling that many top NA players felt that EU is stronger, while almost no EU players felt that way about NA, maybe its different now with Abjured being at the top (since they dominated the other NA Teams so hard, it might have cause others to think they are better than TCG).

actually nearly no top NA players think TCG will win. furthermore, the vast majority of top NA players think it will be a rofl stomp (we’re talking 500-200 3x in a row)

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: azerte.4365

azerte.4365

Either way, I would like to get something started but it’ll probably end up being after WTS quals since we’re trying to get toker up to snuff to replace nos :P

Nos still too young for esports!?

Schäde – Lolzie
Trillmatic |tM| / Angelic Synergy |Holy|

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Yeah but don’t get me wrong I’m not saying NA is better than EU, I actually think EU is much better than NA in many aspects but I also think Abjured will win vs TCG.

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

I’d love to personally organize and shout cast such an event…. However I feel it should be two best of threes one on NA one on EU … To eliminate excuses…

I will contact both of these teams and try and set something up…

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

in PvP

Posted by: Erwin.5603

Erwin.5603

actually nearly no top NA players think TCG will win. furthermore, the vast majority of top NA players think it will be a rofl stomp (we’re talking 500-200 3x in a row)

I highly doubt thats true, even abjured players don’t think they will win 100% and they wouldn’t dare to state its gonna be a roflstomp, they will probably say “it can go either way”. If you attribute that statement to just being nice, or if that’s their actual perspective is another question. While TCG players will say “no way we lose, we gonna roflstomp them”, again you can attribute that to overconfidence/being rude or to their actual perspective.

Fixi

in PvP

Posted by: shimmerlessEU.6841

shimmerlessEU.6841

The reason EU runs thief/mesmer/guard comps is because they have the ability to properly rotate the guardian to teamfights and have the thief mesmer combo be able to coordinate bursts. NA runs cheesy cele comps because they lack basic abilities such as bursting down targets and winning teamfights, so they just force 2v2s and 3v3s that last forever. EU also tends to have better players individually as well. Basically its a skill issue.

All opinions I have shared in this post are merely observations, I am not biased towards any side. I am on NA as well, so no inherent bias towards EU.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef

Strong agree with all the above. I have accounts on both servers and my main is on NA to head that off at the gate.

It would be nice to see NA catch up to EU but there’s a broad lack of game knowledge and a tendency towards destructive egoism that’s holding them back.

in PvP

azerte.4365

I’d love to personally organize and shout cast such an event…. However I feel it should be two best of threes one on NA one on EU … To eliminate excuses…

Don’t do it Backpack, leave the hype train for WTS! :p (If both teams are in it)

Schäde – Lolzie

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

500 gold abjured wins vs TCG IF thats the WTS matchup. id like to be one of the first who can get in on this awesome opportunity.

I would put down 50 gold on Abjured if bets are being taken/are allowed (I’m poor).

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

LOL at backpack saying Caed can beat Sizer 1v1. Not trying to insult Caed but Sizer is much better at 1v1s and S/D vs D/P is equal. Obviously Backpack wouldn’t know that because he’s not actually best multiclass NA and is average at everything except engi. In teamfights Im going to assume TCG keeps tabs on all members of the opposing team, so no mega ganks from Caed. Also Tage can hold 1v2 vs double cele ele for a long time, and can hold any 1v1. Helseth can 1v1 Oeggs both eles and maybe Nos depending on how well he kites. I dont understand why you people assume TCG will simply take 2v2s that abj. gives them when they can easily rotate mesmer/thief in extremely fast while ele/guard or ranger/guard hold 2v3 for at least a minute unless Nos is there, but Nos is usually in the 2v2. None of you people arguing for abj. are taking into account portal allowing for instant rotations for TCG, and high mobility forcing either freecaps all day or someone camping home and being ignored all game. EU rotations are far superior to NA as well.
Sorry if some of this post doesnt make sense, I wont bother rereading it because I dont feel like it.

I’m willing to bet 75g that TCG will win, PM me in game tomorrow 3-5:00 CDT if you wanna bet against me.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef #2/#3 SD thief NA

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

(edited by Elitist.8701)

in PvP

Posted by: Mike.4830

Mike.4830

Don’t do it Backpack, leave the hype train for WTS! :p (If both teams are in it)

Noscoc isnt playing in WTS, and no one can play necro at his lvl on NA, so the Abjured at WTS wont be the most optimal roster, if it was, both Nos and I would be on it

Backpack God
The Absurd [RIP] ESL Go4 Weekly Winners
Outplayed By Children [GG] ToL 2 Winners

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Noscoc isnt playing in WTS, and no one can play necro at his lvl on NA, so the Abjured at WTS wont be the most optimal roster, if it was, both Nos and I would be on it

I think caed and I could play double thief and still not lose a game.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Double thief, so bad. Lol man that would be an insane feat.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Curunen.8729

LOL at backpack saying Caed can beat Sizer 1v1. Not trying to insult Caed but Sizer is much better at 1v1s and S/D vs D/P is equal. Obviously Backpack wouldn’t know that because he’s not actually best multiclass NA and is average at everything except engi. In teamfights Im going to assume TCG keeps tabs on all members of the opposing team, so no mega ganks from Caed. Also Tage can hold 1v2 vs double cele ele for a long time, and can hold any 1v1. Helseth can 1v1 Oeggs both eles and maybe Nos depending on how well he kites. I dont understand why you people assume TCG will simply take 2v2s that abj. gives them when they can easily rotate mesmer/thief in extremely fast while ele/guard or ranger/guard hold 2v3 for at least a minute unless Nos is there, but Nos is usually in the 2v2. None of you people arguing for abj. are taking into account portal allowing for instant rotations for TCG, and high mobility forcing either freecaps all day or someone camping home and being ignored all game. EU rotations are far superior to NA as well.
Sorry if some of this post doesnt make sense, I wont bother rereading it because I dont feel like it.

I’m willing to bet 75g that TCG will win, PM me in game tomorrow 3-5:00 CDT if you wanna bet against me.

That makes sense, but as someone said earlier it boils down to who executes their strategy best. TCG have much less margin for error – any mistake could be costly.

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Double thief, so bad. Lol man that would be an insane feat.

Haha I know Chaith, well we did win a mistpedia 5v5 with dbl thief. But yeah, prob way too far off from meta.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

LOL at backpack saying Caed can beat Sizer 1v1. Not trying to insult Caed but Sizer is much better at 1v1s and S/D vs D/P is equal.

I welcome the challenge, and I think Sizer does as well. ^^

(edited by Narcarsis.5739)

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

That makes sense, but as someone said earlier it boils down to who executes their strategy best. TCG have much less margin for error – any mistake could be costly.

I think you mean that any mistake can be costly for the abjured. Our comp is punishing to the other team when we win and costly when we lose. Czech was accurate in his diagnoses of our comp’s flaws. Our non-tanky members are seriously non-tanky.

Also, I love the euros who have been just losing their mind ever since this weekend. I thought NA was supposed to be the kittentalkers, but all I heard during the TOG was how much EU would stomp on us while we’re just 500-0’ing everyone.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Curunen.8729

I think you mean that any mistake can be costly for the abjured. Our comp is punishing to the other team when we win and costly when we lose. Czech was accurate in his diagnoses of our comp’s flaws. Our non-tanky members are seriously non-tanky.

Also, I love the euros who have been just losing their mind ever since this weekend. I thought NA was supposed to be the kittentalkers, but all I heard during the TOG was how much EU would stomp on us while we’re just 500-0’ing everyone.

Hmm, from my solo player layman’s point of view I would not have expected that – instead thinking that especially mesmer will have to play exceptionally well with good rotation and use of portal.

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

Hmm, from my solo player layman’s point of view I would not have expected that – instead thinking that especially mesmer will have to play exceptionally well with good rotation and use of portal.

the squishier comp is the riskier comp. I don’t think anyone can argue our comp isn’t squishier….

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching

in PvP

Curunen.8729

No arguments there!

in PvP

Posted by: Arachnid.4062

Arachnid.4062

Abjured vs TCG will end 1 of 2 ways, either:

1. TCG severely outrotates Abjured with Mesmer/Thief and Ostrich Eggs/Nosoc get put in downstate frequently due to their relative squishiness in team fights.

2. The extra conditions and damage that Abjured brings due to the lack of a Guardian and addition of Necro overwhelms TCG in multiple fights, resulting in a win regardless of the Mesmer/Thief rotational advantage.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

I agree with NA is inferior to EU in almost all aspect of this game BUT I also agree that TCG will get rekt by abjured.

So retain your orgasms EU lovers, you will see your “best universe team” getting rekt in china.

There’s nothing that can rek TCG atm…cause they can adapt in order to win every single matchup they get, they run a really flexible comp that can fill many ways to go not just the usuals condispam comps we see all around

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

I agree with NA is inferior to EU in almost all aspect of this game BUT I also agree that TCG will get rekt by abjured.

So retain your orgasms EU lovers, you will see your “best universe team” getting rekt in china.

There’s nothing that can rek TCG atm…cause they can adapt in order to win every single matchup they get, they run a really flexible comp that can fill many ways to go not just the usuals condispam comps we see all around

If anything can rek tcg it’s the team that hasn’t lost a game unless their engi is pass-out drunk. That’s no joke either.

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I like how this thread started as a discussion of the two different metas in general, and the 2nd page has turned into a smack-talking sesh between TCG and Abj! :p

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

I like how this thread started as a discussion of the two different metas in general, and the 2nd page has turned into a smack-talking sesh between TCG and Abj! :p

If you only saw the chat in the NA finals of TOG. It was all euros talking mad crap about NA. NA thinks it will beat EU and vice versa. I find it hard to believe no respect is given across the atlantic when we haven’t lost a game. That’s not only insane, but it’s askin for an kitten whoopin’ IMO.

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

If you only saw the chat in the NA finals of TOG. It was all euros talking mad crap about NA. NA thinks it will beat EU and vice versa. I find it hard to believe no respect is given across the atlantic when we haven’t lost a game. That’s not only insane, but it’s askin for an kitten whoopin’ IMO.

OE, be objective. I saw NA people talking “mad crap” about EU on Helseth and Sizer stream, not to talk about the ToG EU.

Of course there people like this on both EU and NA, the key here is to just ignore them. You are considered a top player, don’t behave yourself like that, please.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

OE, be objective. I saw NA people talking “mad crap” about EU on Helseth and Sizer stream, not to talk about the ToG EU.

Of course there people like this on both EU and NA, the key here is to just ignore them. You are considered a top player, don’t behave yourself like that, please.

There have been too many sporadic shots fired across the atlantic over the years to not have joined the rivalry, but it’s all in good fun.

I really would like to fight them sometime. There are frequent times on NA when we get on to practice and see no competition at this point. Of course we’re going to think about fighting the best team on EU and vice versa…

in PvP

Posted by: King Dom.3948

King Dom.3948

Let me just preface this with saying that I’m liking the discussion/rivalry in this thread.

Even though I have trash-talked NA from time to time, from a shoutcasters perspective I would love to see the NA team beat the “kitten” out of the EU team, simply because it would surprise me.

I don’t want to throw a wrench into the Abjured vs TCG discussion, but…
On NA The Abjured might be the sure winners of the WTS qualifiers, on EU however there is still MiM.
If they manage to get some proper practice and not let their nerves get to them when it gets serious, I still think they have a pretty good chance of beating TCG.

ChroNickGamer, ASP Shoutcaster
Twitch.tv/ChroNickGamer | Youtube.com/ChroNickGamer | Twitter: @ChroNickGamer

in PvP

Frenk.5917

I really would like to fight them sometime. There are frequent times on NA when we get on to practice and see no competition at this point. Of course we’re going to think about fighting the best team on EU and vice versa…

That’s the spirit! I’d love to see more NA vs EU actual matches simly because, as chronick said, whichever the result, it would surprise me.

I though TCG were far above Abjured, before ToG, but after seeing TCG struggle against MiM (and even BooN, to a certain degree) and after Abjured steamrolled everything on their path I’m not that sure about it anymore.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

tinfoil hat on

TCG were incredibly secretive pre ToG about their discussions and they didn’t want anyone outside the team learning anything. They then proceeded to play ToG with the same comp and style we’ve seen them play countless times before (it’s not a secret ROM has been playing ranger for a while now).

They were also a lot slower looking in ToG than I’ve ever seen them be before, and their matches were a lot closer (mostly) than I think anyone was really expecting.

I’m not 100% convinced they were putting in their top effort at the ToG. I think they may be cooking up something super secret to utilise in more important situations.

takes tinfoil hat off

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in PvP

Posted by: Maylo.5892

Maylo.5892

Seeing how the both metas look like i see no skill no love, just a bunch of unkillable overpowered builds with players trying to hit the keys on their keyboard faster with more luck than the other one..

Mr Maylo
Rank #1 Life

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

I want to point out OE that tcg hasn’t lost a game in a single tournament either. We all hope it’ll be an interesting game and I will be watching obviously but If I actually had money I would bet everything on Tcg. In fact if anyone is actually taking bets mail me the details Ill put all I got in this.

Jin

Eu > Na every time. (play in eu you’ll see the difference :P)

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

azerte.4365

I want to point out OE that tcg hasn’t lost a game in a single tournament either.

TCG lost a game against Boon in the finals of ToG. As for EU>NA, most top players like Nos and OE play on EU from time to time.

Schäde – Lolzie

in PvP

Frenk.5917

I want to point out OE that tcg hasn’t lost a game in a single tournament either.

Didn’t TCG win the ToG 3-1 against BooN? They actually lost 1 game.

Seeing how the both metas look like i see no skill no love, just a bunch of unkillable overpowered builds with players trying to hit the keys on their keyboard faster with more luck than the other one..

Well, are you saying that Glass Cannon Mesmer and Zerk Thief are “unkillable overpowered builds”? Because that’s the high-end meta, on EU.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

(edited by Frenk.5917)

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Just watched tcg play abjured….

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Hello friends,
After seeing the Abjured face TCG today, I must say that I’ve ben wrong all this time. Although TCG did win one match, it was very close, and it has really shown me that NA does stand a chance against EU. I apologize to all members of the Abjured that I have BMed several times. From his point on I will also attempt to be less of a contributor to the toxicity of pvp, both in game and on the forum. I am still rooting for TCG, because I learned how to play the game by watching Sizer, but I understand now that other teams stand a chance, and wish all teams luck.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

(edited by Elitist.8701)

in PvP

Posted by: Minkey.1296

Minkey.1296

Hello friends,
After seeing the Abjured face TCG today, I must say that I’ve ben wrong all this time. Although TCG did win one match, it was very close, and it has really shown me that NA does stand a chance against EU. I apologize to all members of the Abjured that I have BMed several times. From his point on I will also attempt to be less of a contributor to the toxicity of pvp, both in game and on the forum. I am still rooting for TCG, because I learned how to play the game by watching Sizer, but I understand now that other teams stand a chance, and wish all teams luck.

-Teef Teef Teef Teef worst thief NA ;(

It was 2/5 abjured, just a pug basically ;o

in PvP

Posted by: balmung.6217

balmung.6217

Hello friends,

-Teef Teef Teef Teef worst thief NA ;(

Hold on now don’t be so hasty to count TCG out i heard they were all experimenting with different keybinds today and sizer suffers from a irl disease called mihddojrull so he cant hit dodges on thief properly sometimes.If they were playing normally they would end all matches in 4 min this is fact.

in PvP

Posted by: Forgetful Phil.6370

Forgetful Phil.6370

There is only one explanation: TCG is trolling us to get make Sizer rich through bets

in PvP

Posted by: theoutsider.7849

theoutsider.7849

Now the question is, does TCG have the guts to back up the big talk, return the gesture and fight on NA servers. My guess is no.
Hearing Sizer rage about NA delay and more dodgeroll misses would be a treat.

(edited by theoutsider.7849)

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

Now the question is, does TCG have the guts to back up the big talk, return the gesture and fight on NA servers. My guess is no.
Hearing Sizer rage about NA delay and more dodgeroll misses would be a treat.

I wouldn’t go so far. The delay across servers is real. I got absolutely schrekt when I fought vs them because rom kitten d me and I was pretty much forced into melee to land nades ;\

in PvP

Posted by: Billionaire.5607

Billionaire.5607

Although TCG did win one match…

Im confused, I watched matches from Nos and Phant streams ( that was recorded few hours ago ) and TCG won all of them. Was I watching the wrong matches? Tried to search for more….I really enjoyed watching the matches!

twitch: www.twitch.tv/gamblerbihz
5k Hours Played over last 1.1k days – “I love this game”

(edited by Billionaire.5607)