Today, Tomorrow & Down the Road

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

EDIT: some of you may find this familiar…

Today
Random Arenas:
1. Solo queue only: if you’re in a team when you talk to the RA NPC, it warns you that you’ll be kicked from party before going in where you are teamed up with 4 other solo queuers to fight against 5 other solo queuers…

2. Win and stay in: if your team wins, you’re not sent back to the mists but into a new map (each round of RA has a randomly assigned map) with your existing team, win a second time and get a 10% glory/rank bonus. You can win up to 5 times as a team this way and on the fifth win you get a a 50% glory/rank bonus as well as a gladiator’s chest with a guaranteed 2x dyes OR 2x Salvage OR 2x glory boosts and 4x random weapon/armor skins with a much higher chance at the rarer types. After 5 wins, you go back to the mists to re-queue should you so choose but you are partied up with your 4 RA winners (time for TA?).

3. Lose and you’re out: lose at any time, and you’re kicked back out to solo queue again.

Team Arenas
1. Works like the RA, but you have to be in a 5-man team to queue, consecutive wins increase glory reward, 5 wins in a row nets you a Cohort’s chest with similar rewards to the gladiator’s chest.

2. Lose at anytime and you’re out.

Dishonor
1. DQ (leave a match) without rejoining and you get a straight 30 minute dishonor condition that does not allow you to PvP for 30 minutes.

2. Get reported by 4 unique players over the course of an hour and get 2 hours of dishonor

3. Dishonor is in-game time and would work like a glory booster with an icon showing you’re dishonored and a count down (punishment times would need to be fleshed out a bit).
————————————————————————————————————

Tomorrow
Qualification & Hero’s Ascent:
1. At the beginning of each month, you and four other players have 48hrs to register with the HA NPC as a team for that month’s tourney.

2. Team Arena wins now net you qualification points over the next 21 days of the month, these points and the points of your fellow, registered team members are added together and ranked on an HA rank board by team name. edit: qualification points reset to 0 at the end of each final’s match.

3. At the end of the 21 day Qualification period, the top 8 teams for NA and top 8 teams for EU servers face each other in a round-robin tourney (1x match, winner takes all) with a NA and EU winner. The NA and EU winner then play each other in a 3-round matchup.

4. In addition to a lot more glory and rare skins rewarded for wins and the final wins, the winner of the NA and EU tourney each receive: A Silver medal graphic next to their guild tag and their guild tag font is now bold and the same color as ascended gear. The winner of the EU/NA final match gets a gold medal graphic and legendary tag font. They keep these until a new HA winner the following month. At some point, entirely unique skins should be added to the reward chests for the NA, EU and NA/EU finals.

Down the road
Guild v Guild:
1. Guild Halls and guild v. guild match ups with both an 8 v 8 and 12 v 12 option. Wins for GvG similar to TA and RA rewards but wins in GvG contribute to guild ranking.

2. Unlike the other PvP modes, G v. G has its own unique maps (guild halls) and wins here contribute to a new guild ranking (do not effect the current spvp ranking) and a new GvG title track set.

*Solo Arena:" Mano a mano, 1v1, no-holds barred solo fights. Enough said.

Those are my thoughts, would definitely need to be fleshed out and tweaked, but I think that would satisfy just about everybody…

Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Pixels.6532)

in PvP

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

If they could pull this off, it sounds awesome! Nice suggestion!

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I don’t understand the advantage of gating pvp content based on guilds. Why artificially restrict players from playing some pvp modes because of guilds? I hated that in gw1, personally.

Just create a mode where 8v8 or 12v12 can work, and separate the solo queue from team queue. There you have it: a gvg with the advantage of NOT being only gvg.

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

They did pull this off… its called GW1…

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in PvP

Pixels.6532

They did pull this off… its called GW1…

shhhh, we don’t want to get sued by that other game which has no apparent affiliation with this one! :o)

Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Brinson.7289

Brinson.7289

Sounds more rewarding than tourneys are right now but if they made a separate system; what would they do with tournaments moving forward?
They have a hard enough time making tournaments into something substantial as it is.

\-\ Poquito (Engineer) /-/ Tarnished Coast
Not Sure If Serious [BZNZ] ||| Cynical [CYN]

in PvP

Posted by: Humposaurus.5764

Humposaurus.5764

It could be integrated into the current system, you sign up with your team each month and when you play with that team, your matches will count towards the monthly event. It would also give casters something to cast each month.

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

It could be integrated into the current system, you sign up with your team each month and when you play with that team, your matches will count towards the monthly event. It would also give casters something to cast each month.

Casters are already going to be able to cast the various leagues and tournaments which have been announced with the release of arenas.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in PvP

Posted by: Nettle.9025

Nettle.9025

FYP…

Today
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Random_Arenas
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Team_Arena

Tomorrow
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hero%27s_Ascent

Down the road
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_vs_guild

Those are my thoughts, would definitely need to be fleshed out and tweaked, but I think that would satisfy just about everybody…

Badding up tourneys since 2012
NA tPvP – Elementalist – Thief

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Still so many issues.
Arenanet doesn’t really seem to know what they are doing very much when it comes to balancing classes, like no quality at all, and they did conditions/boons terribly…

By clumping all conditions together into one cleansable unit by pretty much every cleanse, the necessary cleansing to deal with immobs/bleeds/burns/confuse just ransack the kitten out of anyone that at all relies on crip/vuln/weakness and turn them into at best cover conditions when it comes to usefulness…

Boons are just nigh uncounterable, which is fine… a few minor buffs you can get and throw out to allies is cool… until you take into account stability… constant retaliation (I consistently take 15-18~K dmg from a retal guardian from retaliation alone if I want to kill him with my ranger since I’m not beastmaster setup)… vigor being +100% endurance regen… a few longer duration protection buffs…
The massive power in those boons just requires your spec not to be a certain way (not rely on CC/interupts, or deal condition dmg, or not rely on multihit attacks) or have a way to quickly strip boons (not in the slightest common and makes might stacking, swiftness, regen, exc. much, much worse….)

Stability should have never been a boon with CC and rezzing what it is.
CC should have just been mainly interrupt based with the occasional 1~s hard CC, to compensate.
The downed state should have been completely reworked, more crawling around/suiciding/self rezzing based. Rezzing teammates is a bit out of hand, I’m fine with somewhat long CD skills being capable of it (probly should make the person have an anti-quickness or some other drawback for a time, like 40~% slower actions,) but rezzing to be a common deal with no drawbacks to being rezzed, happening multiple times in every group fight… that’s just stupid.
Conditions should have been split; necessary to cleanse in a timely manner conditions (bleed/burn/imob), moderately so conditions (chill/poison/confuse) and not at all necessary to cleanse conditions (weakness/vuln/crip).

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Pixels.6532

FYP…

Today
snip…

ty, edited the op to reflect all egregiously plagiarized material…

Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

I disagree with the 4 unique player thing, trolls would have a field day.

I’d have the first d/q 30 min, the 2nd 45 mins, the 3rd 60 mins, on any given day.
Basically a small penalty that gets more steep if you do it more often.
I also would hope that a solo Q would encourage people to stay, not pull out the we vs a premade im outta here excuse. But a quitter penaltly is , imo, needed. its frustrating to watch someone quit your match, basically ending it and knowing that they don’t pay any penalty for it .

(edited by daydream.2938)

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

the down the road thingies i doubt that they going to happen, the devs said " we dont see this game as a guild we see it more as a team " and " if you want gvgs go back to gw1" i know you played gw1 but sorry you are not getting any of these unless new devs come and these people get fired.

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

I never got the guild vs guild thing. 5vs5 it makes no difference in terms of play experience or content if they are all in the same guild or not.

A guild is just a bunch of players, so is a team.

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Holy crap….your today and tomorrow suggestions are amazing….like others I’m not quiet sure about gvg…I kinda dont get it….but by the sounds it would be right up wvw guilds alley….if they implement it ultimately means more players happy and doesnt effect me in anyway so why the hell not!

I sincerely hope an ANET dev reads this….who knows maybe they already have ideas like this planned but you sir….deserve a beer….