Tome of wrath vs Lich form (1vs1 dueling)

in PvP

Posted by: Kitt.2567

Kitt.2567

just wonder. currently necro’s elite skill lich form can kill every1 at dueling if no one run away as you know (well i did warrior’s rampage vs necro’s lich form but lol, necro’s lich form pwned warrior’s rampage form ) but what about guardian’s tome of wrath vs necro’s lich form if they 1vs1 duel and transform duration is unlimited? (both cele amulet)

Visit “http://www.twitch.tv/the_korean_gamer/profile” for best warrior builds!

(edited by Kitt.2567)

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Comparing ToC to LF makes little sense, the only thing they have in common is that they are elite skills, other then that they fulfil different roles. ToC one on of the best support elites in the game, I’d even go as far to say Light of Deliverance is the best skill in the game. LF on the other hand is all about dps.

Now if you were comparing Tome of Wrath to Lich Form, that would make more sense.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Kitt.2567

sorry not courage but wrath

in PvP

Harbinger.8637

I do agree that ToW is pretty underwhelming, which is why you rarely see it used. It could use some slight tweaks here and there.

Conflagrate- Don’t really have a problem with this skill. It’s extremely spammable with 1200 range AoE damage and burning.

Affliction – Pretty meh, slight increase to the cripple and weakness would be nice.

Smiter’s Boon- Again not bad, but not really good. I’d like to see an increase from 5 stacks of might to 10, might be a bit op, but this is an elite skill after all.

Zealot’s Fervor- Ever since quickness was nerfed it’s not as useful. Maybe a slight increase to the quickness duration.

Judgment- The “best” skill for ToW, and it’s really not that great. Either up the damage on it or increase the radius.

As for ToW vs LF in a duel. I have yet to see this, but my money would go to LF. LF skills hit much harder than ToW. Also LF has a higher health pool, since they are necros. However there is a but to it! If the guard traits Searing Flames, which would remove the LF’s stab and then hit them with a Judgment. So the knockdown would probably let you out burst them.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

you can beat litch form 1v1 but depending on your build you may have to heavily LoS and out play it.

places like the top of skyhammer is a good time to run unless you can strip stabillity and knock em out, cuz there’s not much room to dance around them to win with DPS.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Kitt.2567

you can beat litch form 1v1 but depending on your build you may have to heavily LoS and out play it.

places like the top of skyhammer is a good time to run unless you can strip stabillity and knock em out, cuz there’s not much room to dance around them to win with DPS.

What if both use cele amulet and duel using in those forms? who win? (lets say transform time is unlimited)

in PvP

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

However there is a but to it! If the guard traits Searing Flames, which would remove the LF’s stab and then hit them with a Judgment. So the knockdown would probably let you out burst them.

Well, Lich Form has a total boon strip and condition cleanse built in as well as its own hard CC. A lot of people forget about those skills, but they are very powerful in their own right.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

shatter mes can beat lich form, shatter his stability and cc him to death.

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

in PvP

Harbinger.8637

However there is a but to it! If the guard traits Searing Flames, which would remove the LF’s stab and then hit them with a Judgment. So the knockdown would probably let you out burst them.

Well, Lich Form has a total boon strip and condition cleanse built in as well as its own hard CC. A lot of people forget about those skills, but they are very powerful in their own right.

So it probably would come down to who could strip the others stab first. Searing Flames lets a guard boon strip every 10 seconds, so they could just keep spamming Conflagrate. Lich Form boon strip (Grim Specter) is on a 30 second cd though, so they would pretty much have to hit it. Another thing about Guard’s stab for tombs is it’s in 10 second durations for 30 seconds, unlike a Necro which is just 20s right off the bat.

Still it’s all speculation because I have yet to see this fight ever happen, and I’m kind of interested now.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage