Tournament match without warriors?

in PvP

Posted by: byku.3452

byku.3452

Hey,
we all know there is a problem with warriors. Since they got massively buffed, there is no tournament match without them. With their stances, condi removal and eternal stability, they became a core of each team.
In solo que, it’s normal thing to have 3 or 4 warriors on each team. Great results with hardly any efford.
On the other hand, warriors aren’t that difficult to duel, if you know how to do it properly.
The problem is when it comes to teamfight against, let’s say, bunker guardian and 2 hambows and you bring no stability. Of course it’s a l2p issue, but there is no way to avoid huge cc and aoe dmg mixed with lots of invulerabilities. This is not fun any more. Playing warrior is very easy. But talking about balance you can find in other threads.
Let’s get back to main problem.
Comparing the usefulness (for example) of elementalist and warrior in tournaments, everyone knows, that even experienced ele players has to work alot (find out combos, think of working builds) to equal warriors. But warriors will anyway be above. For example – invulnerability skill – ele: mist form – 3 seconds, locks skills. warrior: endure pain – 5 seconds, no skill lock. Why? I just don’t know. Sometimes it is a l2p problem, but we all would prefer to have 3 warriors in team over 3 elementalists. Better HP, dmg, cc, movement, armor. Just meh.
As I said before, playing warrior is very easy. Too easy. They are carrying the team and facerolling everyone. That’s not Guild Wars I used to know. It’s not funny trying to desperately avoid CC chain while they stand in the middle of capture point and smile. I remember teams with almost all classes on, and thinking of the tactics to win the match. Now it’s somewhere lost. Warriors for a long time were weak, but that what anet did is a joke.
I don’t even try to convince anyone to change the balance, because it just won’t happen. Anet is hurting itself. Playing warrior is boring. Sooner or later, warrior players will get bored and will swap to othher calsses. And when they discover that they are not as effective as warriors, they will quit the game. That’s all.
I am playing all classes. No, I didn’t master them all, but I am quite good. But as I read somewhere in the forums: Warrior state now is just disgusting and I refuse to play it. Simple.

NOTE: I am not talking about fighting warriors, because every class can beat every other. I am talking about skill input and effort to achieve success.

NOTE #2 : Sorry for language mistakes

ALL IS VAIN

Rucolan | Gimme Your Cookies

(edited by byku.3452)

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Yes warriors are a God of all trades class atm. My advice is to get cosy, the next balance patch isn’t due til 2015

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Hi. At least you admit some l2p issues to some topics. When you talk about mist form you should know that mist form grants you invulnerability to all things and endure pain dont do that. A bigger ofender in that case its the mesmer bluried frenzy with much lower cooldown and evades all atacks. You should not compare traits/utilites from diferent classes because each one of them is unique in his gameplay. And we all know that elementalist, unless well played, its a burden to the team.
I’m going to do a litle search on the forum because there was a tread about a tournment and the teams who arrived at the finals only have one warrior on their team, and those teams beat teams with 2 warriors. As soon i find that tread i link that to you.

in PvP

Posted by: Stievie.6128

Stievie.6128

Too bad invuls still dont stop conditions from ticking on you, it just stops new ones from beeing applied. Same with blurred frenzy and funny that you mentioned it because warriors/necros are kinda the reason why you dont take 1h swords anymore on mesmers in tpvp, as soon as your blurred frenzy ends you just eat damage that instantly gibs you on small point teamfights , for example CT in khylo.

The problem isnt that warriors are unbeatable , the problem is that they are far more forgiving than other zerker professions and yes you can compare classes, even though they are unique you can still compare their worth by their effectiveness. As it stands warriors are flat out the best power/zerker profession you can bring for teamfights because of their inherent tankyness. I wont point my finger at single skills here , because quiet frankly no single skill/trait is a problem , its more that warrior traits, utilities and weaponskills complement each other without alot of work. From a design standpoint, skillsets complementing each other is a good thing , just not when they outshine skill interactions or achieve the same results of classes that put in twice the work.

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

Yes, invul works the same way on warriors and still you have to build for that. Mesmers dont need to. Correct me if i am wrong but blurried frenzy evade last longer than the skill itself. I agree with you when you talk about what warriors bring to a match, but there are other professions that should be also toned down if they nerf warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Yup im sure most warriors got the call and will come in mass to defend their op ness. Pretty much every match I have solo queued in since dec 10 patch and even before that has been atleast 2 warriors or mm necros per team. I have a war mes thief and engi and when I play my non warrior classes awhile and come back to my war I just laugh at how easy it is.

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Honestly, at current state of game I would prefer to see ANY other class in my team instead of ele, if we are talking about equal skill.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Stievie.6128

Yes, invul works the same way on warriors and still you have to build for that. Mesmers dont need to. Correct me if i am wrong but blurried frenzy evade last longer than the skill itself. I agree with you when you talk about what warriors bring to a match, but there are other professions that should be also toned down if they nerf warriors.

happy to correct you , actually you get locked in place after the animation ends for 0.2 sec in wich you cant dodge and the evade isnt up. and saying you have to build for it is a moot point, as a mesmer you have to take a weapon for it, also to compensate mesmers have less HP and less base armor and nowhere near the sustain of a warrior. Complainin about blurred frenzy further gets devalued by the point that as a mesmer at the moment going into straight melee combat is a horrible choice and as a defensive weaponset the staff is far better. there is a reason you see so many high skill mesmers like helseth, sensotix ect running gs/staff vs competent opponents going melee for blurred frenzy usually results in more damage taken that it avoids.

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Warriors are silly I agree, I’ve been playing a rampager warrior with mace and still wrecking face.

So ez it rhymes

All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

I’d rather face 2 Warriors then 1 disgusting s/d thief.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

happy to correct you , actually you get locked in place after the animation ends for 0.2 sec in wich you cant dodge and the evade isnt up. and saying you have to build for it is a moot point, as a mesmer you have to take a weapon for it, also to compensate mesmers have less HP and less base armor and nowhere near the sustain of a warrior. Complainin about blurred frenzy further gets devalued by the point that as a mesmer at the moment going into straight melee combat is a horrible choice and as a defensive weaponset the staff is far better. there is a reason you see so many high skill mesmers like helseth, sensotix ect running gs/staff vs competent opponents going melee for blurred frenzy usually results in more damage taken that it avoids.

So i was right about the evade last longer than the skill.
And no, you can dodge even with the evade animation after the skill ended. You lose the evade animation at the middle of the dodge. (just tested it, you can also do it).
Ok. lets put stances on warrior weapons/or give them f2/f3/f4 skills to be easier to get those defenses.
Mesmer have ports/clones/stealth, protection, so they should have less HP and less armour.
Comparing endure pain with mist form is not the best thing to do also (not you, but OP) and thats why i told him that blurried frenzy was a bigger ofender than endure pain. .

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in PvP

Bsgapollo.5364

You can’t possible compare invul to endure pain, invul negates all incoming damage, (direct/condi) and it can be used to secure a stomp/ress. Let’s not please go that way.

in PvP

Stievie.6128

And no, you can dodge even with the evade animation after the skill ended. You lose the evade animation at the middle of the dodge. (just tested it, you can also do it).
Ok. lets put stances on warrior weapons/or give them f2/f3/f4 skills to be easier to get those defenses.
Mesmer have ports/clones/stealth, protection, so they should have less HP and less armour.
Comparing endure pain with mist form is not the best thing to do also (not you, but OP) and thats why i told him that blurried frenzy was a bigger ofender than endure pain. .

you are still completely missing the point that NO MESMER that runs a competive tpvp build runs around with 1h sword, so how is blurred frenzy an offender? if we talk about short duration evades then s/d and PW are the real offenders but you see thiefs sprouting out of nowhere in tpvp? going melee as a mesmer in teamfights is simpy put suicide or tradign damage in an unfavourable mannor. as i said before it isnt a problem of single skills but the interactions among those.

warrios still do the same or similar damage than mesmers/thiefs while beeing more forgiving to play. the point pressure they put out is ridiculous compared to other professions coupled with their tankyness and CC+passive regen. warrios are simply put too forgiving in the bigger picture. i dont have a problem loosing to good warriors, you actually notice the difference there, but its ridiculous that even bad or mediocore warriors still put up a fight simply because of their class.

also a big difference here are tradeoffs, is mesmer 4 sec diversion strong? hell yes , but we sacrifice 3 clones for it and no spamming evades to get more clones up afterwards doesnt get you anywhere since you essentially just burned all your defense and thats the big thing, a warrior using zerker stance or endure pain (endure pain is the least offender imo) doesnt give up any of his offensive potential. and just in case i´ll say it again here, invulnurbility doesnt stop conditions from damaging you, just stops new one beeing applied.

im not advocating for a “make warriors trash again” nerf, I´d rather see a balance shift into the direction that forces warriors to make more choices that actually allow counterplay. Make HS trigger on attacks, Make zerker stance reduce condition dmg to 0 but dont prevent conditions to get applied. those are all good suggestions that could actually shift warriors back to a more active class again and have been mentioned multiple times on these forums, while i dont completely agree with those , they are better than what we have now.

and we are talking about tpvp builds here , so please refrain from bringing PU mesmers into this, its a despiceable build but atleast its near useless in tpvp atm.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

There is no match without a guardian either. Let’s nerf them too?

in PvP

Bsgapollo.5364

There is no match without a guardian either. Let’s nerf them too?

The difference between guardians and spirit rangers is guardians only bring 1 food to the table, and that is being fully support by giving boons and holding points for a long time. Rangers on the other hand give ridiculous offensive spells and instant resses that have low cast times.
But hey, I’d rather see s/d thief get nerfed more then ranger, atleast when I’m fighting a ranger I can say to myself what mistakes i’ve made if I happen to die.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

… Warrior state now is just disgusting […] talking about skill input and effort to achieve success.

quoted for the fact

just knowing that i worked my kitten off by fighting one compared to the warrior sitting chilled and leaned back playing one handed and just won a 1v3 ending at 3/4 health which again ticks constantly up without doing anything makes me puke over and over again.

PS: fighting a ranger nowadays feels almost the same, except the cc is less

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

silentnight warrior.2714

you are still completely missing the point that NO MESMER that runs a competive tpvp build runs around with 1h sword, so how is blurred frenzy an offender? if we talk about short duration evades then s/d and PW are the real offenders but you see thiefs sprouting out of nowhere in tpvp? going melee as a mesmer in teamfights is simpy put suicide or tradign damage in an unfavourable mannor. as i said before it isnt a problem of single skills but the interactions among those.

warrios still do the same or similar damage than mesmers/thiefs while beeing more forgiving to play. the point pressure they put out is ridiculous compared to other professions coupled with their tankyness and CC+passive regen. warrios are simply put too forgiving in the bigger picture. i dont have a problem loosing to good warriors, you actually notice the difference there, but its ridiculous that even bad or mediocore warriors still put up a fight simply because of their class.

also a big difference here are tradeoffs, is mesmer 4 sec diversion strong? hell yes , but we sacrifice 3 clones for it and no spamming evades to get more clones up afterwards doesnt get you anywhere since you essentially just burned all your defense and thats the big thing, a warrior using zerker stance or endure pain (endure pain is the least offender imo) doesnt give up any of his offensive potential. and just in case i´ll say it again here, invulnurbility doesnt stop conditions from damaging you, just stops new one beeing applied.

im not advocating for a “make warriors trash again” nerf, I´d rather see a balance shift into the direction that forces warriors to make more choices that actually allow counterplay. Make HS trigger on attacks, Make zerker stance reduce condition dmg to 0 but dont prevent conditions to get applied. those are all good suggestions that could actually shift warriors back to a more active class again and have been mentioned multiple times on these forums, while i dont completely agree with those , they are better than what we have now.

and we are talking about tpvp builds here , so please refrain from bringing PU mesmers into this, its a despiceable build but atleast its near useless in tpvp atm.

Remove the protection from the list and you have ports/stealth/clones and that still justify the low HP and armour. (Not PU builds)

I agree with you when you said that thiefs are even worst than mesmer in that department and i’m glad you notice that too. The blurried frenzy was a exemple for the OP.

edit: Warrior sacrífices his utilitys slots for the stances. so they are not free.

Best regards

in PvP

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Just a funny fact (i’m not a S/D thief myself, but just noticed it)
This forum consensus: S/D thief needs to be nerfed more!
Thief forum consensus: No one plays S/D thief anymore cause it’s no longer viable

Something is not right here :P

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

This forum consensus: S/D thief needs to be nerfed more!
Thief forum consensus: No one plays S/D thief anymore cause it’s no longer viable

Something is not right here :P

S/D thieves troll their own forum almost as much as they troll sPvP.