"True Balance"?

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Each major balance update has shifted the classes for sure, but so far I’ve only seen class A become the best and Class B becoming the worst. Are we anywhere closer to true balance than we were at launch, aside from obvious exploits being fixed? As a thief I’ve seen our class go through the motions, and now we’re in almost a bad a state as warriors were before their emergence into viability. It might just be the constant QQ of the thief forums about how the class is nerfed constantly, but I’m failing to understand the direction the thief and other classes are headed with only limited to no niches in current top PvP teams.

Are we any closer to getting all classes on par with each other than we were 9 months ago?

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

eles say no

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: Malik.6781

Malik.6781

They don’t have a balance team at all.

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

i think it depends on more or less what the devs are playing. for example most of them are on the gaurdian and engineer buzz right now and dont play thief or ele therefore they balance that way.

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: SuperHaze.4210

SuperHaze.4210

There will never be complete balance in any mmo because there exists different classes. The only way I see balance is if every classes has the exact same abilities but animated differently. Of course no game will ever do that, but this is where Anet is trying to go with every class having some access to similar abilities and builds (i.e every class can go power or condi). Since there are no specializations in each class because of the removal of the trinity balance seems a lot harder to achieve while trying to maintain some level of uniqueness to each class.

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Balance is already better than it was at launch. Also, every single profession forum has constant qq about all their undeserved nerfs, not just the thief forum.

If you made a thread in each profession forum to rate the 8 professions from best to worst, every single profession would rate themselves on average between 5th and 7th.

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

in according to the possibilities with all classes my suggestion to all balance QQers is learn to play and adapt to the meta

die Gedanken sind frei

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Balance is already better than it was at launch. Also, every single profession forum has constant qq about all their undeserved nerfs, not just the thief forum.

If you made a thread in each profession forum to rate the 8 professions from best to worst, every single profession would rate themselves on average between 5th and 7th.

Right now the warriors can all concur that they’re on top with necros. So…

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

And most other classes concur that the 8th spot is reserved for eles.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

And most other classes concur that the 8th spot is reserved for eles.

I think other classes concur that there only 7 profession in the game. Ele is like a kitteny verion of missingno.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Hey remember when the forums talked about how bad warriors were for like 4 months incessantly and wouldn’t talk about anything else and we kept pushing and reminding and scolding Anet every time there was a patch with no warrior buffs?

And then Anet started buffing them but we still thought they were weak so we told them to buff warriors more?

And then a team took warriors to a major tournament and matched them up in 1v1s vs. spirit rangers on sidepoints?

And suddenly we realized warriors weren’t weak any more.

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Are we anywhere closer to true balance

Flipping a coin is the most balanced thing in the world but it is boring as kitten.
True balance means jack kitten.

LoL is the biggest Esport out there.
Like 60% of the toons never see play in tournies.

All that matters and has ever mattered is engaging gameplay…
Anet has no idea what that is and is manhandling this game so hard…
so GW2 is boned.

Like inescapably and utterly.

(edited by garethh.3518)

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

There is no such thing as “true balance.” Every time the devs balance something, the millions of players find a new thing to exploit. Unless the game was reduced to 1 class with 1 skill, true balance is not possible. That being said, what’s important is that the game is fun — “cheesy” builds that remove the fun need to be fixed.

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

They don’t try to balance anything. They just add buffs and nerfs so you have new builds to play with.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

"True Balance"?

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

As long as they continue with the hard counter methodology, there will never be balance in this game.