Turret Engis

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

I think we need nerf to this turret push it is really too op it is impossible to hold point

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

1. Place request
  2. Wait 6 months for promise of 8% nerf
  3. Wait 3 months for actual nerf to take place
  4. Find next thing to kitten about

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

5. L2P, just kill the engi.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Far from op l2p.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Having problem being to efficient in killing turrets? Condition damage says “hi”.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

That’s a stupid suggestion.

What’s to say you can actually GET to the Engineer? I’m close … nvm snare spam from net turret … wait I’m close … nvm repeatedly thrown back by knockbacks … wait I’m close … nvm he’s invulnerable now … I’m close again … nvm he’ leaped away and now I’m slowed …. I’m close … nvm snared again …. repeat the cycle over until your HP is gone from the rifle/rocket turrets.

Turret Engis

in PvP

kirito.4138

That’s a stupid suggestion.

What’s to say you can actually GET to the Engineer? I’m close … nvm snare spam from net turret … wait I’m close … nvm repeatedly thrown back by knockbacks … wait I’m close … nvm he’s invulnerable now … I’m close again … nvm he’ leaped away and now I’m slowed …. I’m close … nvm snared again …. repeat the cycle over until your HP is gone from the rifle/rocket turrets.

Sounds like L2P story to me. Maybe read Frenk.5917 post above.

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

…. repeat the cycle over until your HP is gone from the rifle/rocket turrets.

you want to make a point of killing the Rocket and Rifle turrets early in the fight if you’re going to take on a settled in turret Engi. their sustained dps drops considerably without them.

more often than not though your best bet is to just avoid them and focus on the other two points where your team can enjoy a 5v4 numbers advantage. Turret Engi is weak until they’re settled into an objective. Once settled, it’s usually not worth the time/energy to push them off unless you’re a Hambow Warrior. If you’re team can win elsewhere on the map though, the Engi will have no choice but to abandon the point and move elsewhere which puts him in a weak position until he resettles and opens his point for decap.

you don’t have to kill everything in pvp. outmaneuvering is equally effective.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Slininstien.7546

Slininstien.7546

I get what Kirito is saying, and Riggamaroll explains it well. I fought a 1v1 against a turret engi and needless to say I lost but i was on a shatter mesmer, quite hard for us to fight. Rigga makes a good point, kill their DPS first, whatever is doing the most damage to you, so it’s either the Rocket/Rifle turret, or the Rocket/Flame turret, and I had to kill the thumper, just too much CC. As a shatter mesmer that’s 3 shatters to do, and also, keep in mind these engi’s are ZERKER, so…. 1 efficient shatter or burst will do over 50% of their health so, you should be okay… that’s a class you pase yourself on.

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: pdemo.8013

pdemo.8013

Guys there op and theres op. What he means is it is so easy to play. If I were Anet I would get rid of all skilless builds such as turret engi, mm necro, to many to list

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

In my experience turret engi’s counter berserker builds really hard, except zerker warriors.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

these engi’s are ZERKER, so…. 1 efficient shatter or burst will do over 50% of their health so, you should be okay… that’s a class you pase yourself on.

ZERKER turret masters o_O. Something new.

Staff ele will clear turret forest in 5 sec.

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

sorry but defending something like this is jsut silly

turret engi is same horrible thing as monionmaster just spawn all the crap and run around like an idiot

seriously

i gave up now on this game

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: MrDark.8632

MrDark.8632

On a related note:

I was invited to a team sPvP earlier and we faced a 4 turret engi + necro on the enemy team. As expected when put up a fight but eventually lost. See attachment for more info.

So here I’ll ask a “l2p” question:

How can one beat that comp? Or was the match already lost?

Attachments:

~ Blue Darkpurr

Turret Engis

in PvP

kirito.4138

On a related note:

I was invited to a team sPvP earlier and we faced a 4 turret engi + necro on the enemy team. As expected when put up a fight but eventually lost. See attachment for more info.

condi

Turret Engis

in PvP

MrDark.8632

On a related note:

condi

You underestimate the condi cleansing power of 2-3 healing turrets which basically forced us to retreat if more than one engi was on point.

~ Blue Darkpurr

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

On a related note:

with 2 rangers is lost anyway

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Pollution.8703

Pollution.8703

On a related note:

4 hambow 1 ele

(edited by Pollution.8703)

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: jebro.6370

jebro.6370

The reason people have so much trouble is because they haven’t yet had to deal with turrets much since launch.

Turrets just got viable guys, learn to play against them or rotate around. If they have 0 turrets they can be killed. If they have domes then they have traited for those turrets and can be killed easily without them.

Its tough to play against something new, but can we not learn to adapt rather than whine about something which is really far from OP and more like a lack of understanding from the player fighting that build?

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

On a related note:

Was one of the engineers a celestial nade named Raine Avina? Cuz that’s probably us.

The people on my team generally like to run very tanky teams (I wish they loved burst like I do =/). The strength of it is that we hold REALLY well. If someone is going to go down, I simply say “Nope, everyone heal” and a bunch of water fields and blast finishers go off, healing that person to full.

The weakness of the comp is that we basically have 0 ability to stomp people. Like literally 0. The turret engis have 1 second of stability each and no one else on the team even has a second. This means if you are good with reses, all I can really do is cleave them down.

We’re also really weak to elementalists, specifically staff. Really any power AoE damage is strong against us, but meteor shower in particular because it blows them ALL up from a range and is NOT a projectile so it won’t get reflected. If you are on khylo, GET THE TREB FIRING! It is our ultimate weakness. Put a condi necro on there and we’ll lose. Seriously. We once faced a team with one good condi necro and there wasn’t an engi on our team that could take him. I tried going only for the treb. Died. Tried going for the necro. Died. Tried going for both. Died. Tried two people…Got it but it was 3 people on points.

Turret engineers usually only have 0-1 kits. This means if you take out our turrets, we’re worthless. We have no defense whatsoever besides other teammates peeling for us. Kill the turrets before you even go into melee range and then jump in. You’ll have a good 30s+ before we can even begin to stop you.

Generally turret teams like ourselves will play three points. We either go 1-3-1 or 1-2-2. This is because we have stupidly low mobility so it’s better to rotate the damage between all three points or a turret engi when they are off cooldowns than it is to try to player 1-4, possibly get crushed by AoE at mid and lose. If you have good burst and mobility, it simply becomes a fight between me (the damage) and you (the damage). We can’t stomp or res, so if you can get me down, chances are you win if you have stability stomps. If I get you down, be on your reses and I can’t pressure you our. Engineers HATE guardian reses because of that ungodly bubble. Take it! I’m seriously cringing as I say that, but it really works.

Also remember the weaknesses of our team. Engineers are weak to conditions. As a 4 man team, we’re good against them. We have multiple elixir guns AND healing turrets going off constantly. Now if you split us up and play 3 points AND you have good condis, we’ll probably die. You really just gatta base it on your comp. High damage? Play 1-4. High condition damage? Play 1-2-2. High bunk? Play 1-2-2.

Overall, I’d say our team build has a low skill floor and a decent skill ceiling. If you really work together with blast finishers, you can pull off some crazy saves. A lot of times tho, it just isn’t enough to beat high ranking teams, so if I see good players, we’ll probably swap out one or two of the turret engis for a guardian and a warrior just to balance it out and give us good stability access. Still one turret engi left.

Also, don’t run power necro vs this comp. It’s so funny reflecting them xD

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

(edited by The Gates Assassin.9827)

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Rallad.3802

Rallad.3802

If you play a class which can dish out AoE, you can scoff ‘L2P’, but classes which are more singled target oriented have it different.

I mean you need to consider LoS’ing, planning your burst…whatever, and mr engie just drop his turrets and spams his skills while probably in defensive gear. OP or not OP, fighting AI should be left in pve.

Turret Engis

in PvP

MrDark.8632

Thanks a lot for your input, The Gates Assassin.9827.

~ Blue Darkpurr

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

here is my turret engi

most of l2p advice here would so wasted.
aoe – no way, they are all 900 unit apart in a big triangle, not even bounce would work.
take them down? id love that, you’ll be half way through second turret when you go down.
your only chance is to eat my dps and burst me, for which you have under 10 sec of time to live. and then stomp me fast, for if you go down, most likely ill rally.

Turret Engis

in PvP

kirito.4138

On a related note:

condi

You underestimate the condi cleansing power of 2-3 healing turrets which basically forced us to retreat if more than one engi was on point.

if you have multiple engi, then you need multiple sustained condi/cc applications and users.

Turret Engis

in PvP

kirito.4138

Actually wells power necro work great on point with DS4 cleaves. Just gotta time DS1 and or Lich1 plus have brain to cancel or not fire off while shields are up. Turret engis are weak against CC, so a good Dagger3 immob is also deadly with the right burst ready.

Turret Engis

in PvP

kirito.4138

here is my turret engi

aoe – no way, they are all 900 unit apart in a big triangle, not even bounce would work.
take them down? id love that, you’ll be half way through second turret when you go down.
your only chance is to eat my dps and burst me, for which you have under 10 sec of time to live. and then stomp me fast, for if you go down, most likely ill rally.

Against this build in team fight, just CC/condi/focus/burst. No stab or barely any condi clear. Prob eziest target to go after in team.

In 1v1 situation, just leave come back later to decap. If he leaves he has no turret, if he camps then team fights will be 4v5. But if you must head one 1v1 don’t bother killing turrets. Burst/CC/condi, and line of sight, can’t hide from all of them, but you still minimize. Or fight fire with fire by using turret engi.

Turret Engis

in PvP

gesho.9468

Against this build in team fight, just CC/condi/focus/burst. No stab or barely any condi clear. Prob eziest target to go after in team.

In 1v1 situation, just leave come back later to decap. If he leaves he has no turret, if he camps then team fights will be 4v5. But if you must head one 1v1 don’t bother killing turrets. Burst/CC/condi, and line of sight, can’t hide from all of them, but you still minimize. Or fight fire with fire by using turret engi.

lol, not so fast, you can throw this cc/condi/focus/burst catchphrase on anything, but it doesn’t always stick,

• first, there is an offhand shield.
  • then there is turret knockback, and yes, i like to stand by my rocket turret. i never overcharge it but for knockback.
  • then, most likely i am not even on the node, for i dont have to be. why would i risk my kitten, my turrets with 1.2k dps can take down anyone, what do i have to add, pistol #2 and #3?

after you are through all these hurdles yes, you may get to me, but most likely my turrets with 1500 range 1.2k dps sustain got to you before.

i am not saying it’s unkillable, but its very good for doing nothing. yesterday i queued with s/d thief on soloQ. there were all light armor and thief there already, so i switched to this guy. we won and i ended on the top of the roster, just for hiding behind the pillars most of the time. all my turrets in foefire mid bushes, only once thief tried to go after rocket turret, i just changed my target (still behind the pillars). he got one turret down and went down with it.

you can’t bring this guy down by “going after turrets”. probably you are speaking based on your encounters with thumper turrets x3 rifle engi, but that is a different story.

Turret Engis

in PvP

kirito.4138

lol, not so fast, you can throw this cc/condi/focus/burst catchphrase on anything, but it doesn’t always stick,

• first, there is an offhand shield.
  • then there is turret knockback, and yes, i like to stand by my rocket turret. i never overcharge it but for knockback.
  • then, most likely i am not even on the node, for i dont have to be. why would i risk my kitten, my turrets with 1.2k dps can take down anyone, what do i have to add, pistol #2 and #3?

after you are through all these hurdles yes, you may get to me, but most likely my turrets with 1500 range 1.2k dps sustain got to you before.

i am not saying it’s unkillable, but its very good for doing nothing. yesterday i queued with s/d thief on soloQ. there were all light armor and thief there already, so i switched to this guy. we won and i ended on the top of the roster, just for hiding behind the pillars most of the time. all my turrets in foefire mid bushes, only once thief tried to go after rocket turret, i just changed my target (still behind the pillars). he got one turret down and went down with it.

you can’t bring this guy down by “going after turrets”. probably you are speaking based on your encounters with thumper turrets x3 rifle engi, but that is a different story.

cc/condi/focus/burst catchphrase works very well against turret engi. Why? because they don’t have stun breaks or little condi clear. You can still block/knock but not forever a well time cc is all it takes. Plus if you aren’t on the node at back/far point then it is ez decap. In team fight, if you get focused you are toast. Turret doesn’t fire at everyone.

Turret Engis

in PvP

The Gates Assassin.9827

Actually wells power necro work great on point with DS4 cleaves. Just gotta time DS1 and or Lich1 plus have brain to cancel or not fire off while shields are up. Turret engis are weak against CC, so a good Dagger3 immob is also deadly with the right burst ready.

Oh definitely, but you’d be surprised how many idiots go into lich form and try to take us out.

Turret Engis

in PvP

The Gates Assassin.9827

here is my turret engi

That’s probably the easiest target for me. I’ll nade you from 1,500 range until all the turrets are dead then come in for the kill. That build has basically no defense. Once you have no turrets, you’re dead. Anyone dumb enough to get into turret range and stay in turret range deserves to be killed by you.

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

u shouldn’t take this kirito guy srly lol

He played decap engi all the time in pre patch and he turns himself into decap + turret in this one after that old decap got a little nerf.

Turret Engis

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Funny thing is looking at people suggesting to fight turret engis staying out of point, because you know this is not a conquest game so it’s totally legit to leave your point freecap as soon as you see and engi coming at you…if you leave your point in order to fight him he already won. Anyway if you wanna wreck them just roll mace-axe/sword – lb celestial or carrion condition warrior with missile deflection, keep burning up 24/7, wait fot them to use healing turret then fill them up with condis and watch them melt…if they’re dumb enough to put turrets on point 1 stack adrenaline’s combustive shot is enough if not you just need 3 stacks gigantic aoe…reflect the rest, keep condis up on them with some eviscerates here and there. hf

Proudly killing engis coming at close since decap meta, and god i love it.

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Yujin.1785

Yujin.1785

People complaining about engineers again? Hundred nades, HGH, AR, and now this just after turrets got viable?

In any case, just which turret build are people complaining about anyway? The one with Fortified Turrets or the one with Rifled Turret Barrels?

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: ThunderCat.8395

ThunderCat.8395

Turret Engis

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

You definately need a staff ele here…and some nerfs, like the second turrent of the same type you put in let’s say 800 range is gonna replace the other one that just explodes…so multiple turretidiots can’t stack their crap all over the place (Happens constantly at sh if they have 2 engis one is just gonna leave his kitten there and goes for another point while the others camps hammer adding his stacking his crap too…2 nets and 2 thumpers at cannon…lol seriusly?). Fixed the 10 turrets on same point problem..something like aoe target cap (Still not enough but that’s another problem)

Turret Engis

in PvP

hackks.3687

You definately need a staff ele here…and some nerfs, like the second turrent of the same type you put in let’s say 800 range is gonna replace the other one that just explodes…so multiple turretidiots can’t stack their crap all over the place. Fixed the 10 turrets on same point problem..

if you just walk away from that point, those Engis have basically kitten themselves and their team for the next 45-60 sec. Even if those Engi’s pursued they’d have left all their dps and utility behind. They basically gave you a 5v3 everywhere else on the map. Don’t ever stay to fight 2 turret engi’s (or 2 full AI builds of any type) on a single point. At least not until ANet wakes up and removes the AOE 5 target limit and reimplements the Tab Targeting QoL change they took back so quickly.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll

Turret Engis

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

You definately need a staff ele here…and some nerfs, like the second turrent of the same type you put in let’s say 800 range is gonna replace the other one that just explodes…so multiple turretidiots can’t stack their crap all over the place. Fixed the 10 turrets on same point problem..

if you just walk away from that point, those Engis have basically kitten themselves and their team for the next 45-60 sec. Even if those Engi’s pursued they’d have left all their dps and utility behind. They basically gave you a 5v3. Don’t ever stay to fight 2 turret engi’s (or 2 full AI builds of any type) on a single point. At least not until ANet wakes up and removes the AOE 5 target limit and reimplements the Tab Targeting QoL change they took back so quickly.

Yeah sure i can just walk away from skyhammer and getting oneshotted along with my team because you can’t even dodge that kitten, you can easily turn a 1v3 on your favor just focusing point with sh…cannon it’s not just another point you can leave going for other 2, if someone manages to hold cannon the whole match you are gonna lose…because crap map is crap, but it’s still there so they should remove it OR tone those lame things down, but it’s just frustrating atm if you don’t mind running cheap cheese or if they just have more cheese than you. I’m not going afk on sh (Still) but i kinda understand those who do.

Endless strawpools, endless topics about it, noone likes it at least way more than 50% (Last pool was like 88% or something for it being totally removed) and it’s still there….and then those kittening ready up ending with nothing or just dumbing down pvp even more (Like 15th april patch). There are two choices here…real balance or dead game (Well more dead since it was pretty dead since 1 year ago)

Turret Engis

in PvP

gesho.9468

if any of these are not from carret, positioning is terrible, and yes, single meteor shower would wipe this out.

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Yeah L2P they’re not op.. Only..

When you play tpvp there are only 3 prof to choose from
1. Engineer (cuz they’re always broke as hell. They have everything.
2. Warrior (dev’s also like warriors now. So they are ez win.)
3. Thief (dev’s always liked thieves. They hate to nerf them. Invis has no limit)

Then when you feel a bit like mixing it up and taking a chance
Guard (yeah.. they can do work. Far better siphons than necromancers, far better sustain and far better everything else)
Ele (yeah they’re buffed a bit now so they can be fun to play

DO NOT> I REPEAT.. DO NOT PLAY A NECROMANCER
unless you play a MM and pretty much barely keep up

Anyways about engineers.. They are the Dev class. They will never be nerfed or lack anything.

ANSWER THIS!! I’ve asked this question about 40 times on these forums yet people seem to dodge the question as best they can..
——What do engineers LACK? What do that HAVE?

After you’ve answered that question.. I’ll get back to you.

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

DO NOT> I REPEAT.. DO NOT PLAY A NECROMANCER
unless you play a MM and pretty much barely keep up

ahaha, lich form deal 5k damage with autoattack

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

so according to gate assassin, any single target classes with low range should just uninstall and don’t pvp…. great idea

and this is massive issue with pvp in this game – it has only one game mode which heavily favors bunkers mindlessly spamming aoe on point

either aoe and ai needs massive nerfs or pvp in this game needs different game mode where it is not just engis and bunkers guards everywhere

oh, what i find even more funny is how engis tell you to destroy turrets, oh yeah GL with that with all the reflects and CC they throw at you while you are at it

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Turret Engis

in PvP

The Gates Assassin.9827

so according to gate assassin, any single target classes with low range should just uninstall and don’t pvp…. great idea

and this is massive issue with pvp in this game – it has only one game mode which heavily favors bunkers mindlessly spamming aoe on point

either aoe and ai needs massive nerfs or pvp in this game needs different game mode where it is not just engis and bunkers guards everywhere

oh, what i find even more funny is how engis tell you to destroy turrets, oh yeah GL with that with all the reflects and CC they throw at you while you are at it

Not at all! In fact, only two people on our comp are turret engis. Generally the other three are me (celestial nades), a burster and a condi. It just so happens that condi fits really well with engis so we get another healing turret. I am NOT going to be standing on point, nor is any of the other damage if we know what’s good for us. That is what single target melee ranged people can do. Murder the damage. Turret engis don’t actually do that much damage, regardless of what people say. Rocket turret, the strongest turret damage wise in the game, only hits for like 2.2k at the very maximum. It doesn’t have very much health either.

Really the turrets are a form of pressure, not high impossible to deal with damage. It’s like when warriors put down a black hole sized fire field with longbow. Or when a support staff ele uses meteor shower.

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Kody.3289

Kody.3289

Not at all! In fact, only two people on our comp are turret engis. Generally the other three are me (celestial nades), a burster and a condi. It just so happens that condi fits really well with engis so we get another healing turret. I am NOT going to be standing on point, nor is any of the other damage if we know what’s good for us. That is what single target melee ranged people can do. Murder the damage. Turret engis don’t actually do that much damage, regardless of what people say. Rocket turret, the strongest turret damage wise in the game, only hits for like 2.2k at the very maximum. It doesn’t have very much health either.

Really the turrets are a form of pressure, not high impossible to deal with damage. It’s like when warriors put down a black hole sized fire field with longbow. Or when a support staff ele uses meteor shower.

that is so not true. 2 turret engis make it nearly impossible for me to stand on point as an AH guardian.

Darek.1836
Lazer Moobs
Sharks With Lazers

Turret Engis

in PvP

The Gates Assassin.9827

that is so not true. 2 turret engis make it nearly impossible for me to stand on point as an AH guardian.

Sounds like someone needs AoE on their team. This is why teams need to balance themselves out. If you don’t have the ability to AoE a point, then your team build is lacking. If you know you’re going to face a turret engi, you can take things like Hallowed Ground for more stability. Before a match starts, you can change your stuff to match the enemy comp. That’s why it’s there. TCG even mentioned this in their talk. They constantly change their sigils, runes and traits right before a match starts to better fight their enemies.

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Kody.3289

Kody.3289

Sounds like someone needs AoE on their team. This is why teams need to balance themselves out. If you don’t have the ability to AoE a point, then your team build is lacking. If you know you’re going to face a turret engi, you can take things like Hallowed Ground for more stability. Before a match starts, you can change your stuff to match the enemy comp. That’s why it’s there. TCG even mentioned this in their talk. They constantly change their sigils, runes and traits right before a match starts to better fight their enemies.

lol the problem is not stability. we’ve even run zerker staff eles to go against this kittenty comp and still haven’t been successful all the time. hambows just about the only thing you can do atm.

Darek.1836
Lazer Moobs
Sharks With Lazers

Turret Engis

in PvP

hackks.3687

AOE doesn’t work because as far as the game is concerned there’s essentially 2+ teams worth of players standing on that point and all but 2 of them are immune to conditions, and no matter how much aoe you have you can only hit 5 at a time with each attack, and you don’t get decide which.

That’s why I say it’s not worth it to ever fight 2 turret Engi’s on the same point. The turrets can’t leave, and it’s not worth the time it takes to remove them.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll

Turret Engis

in PvP

The Gates Assassin.9827

lol the problem is not stability. we’ve even run zerker staff eles to go against this kittenty comp and still haven’t been successful all the time. hambows just about the only thing you can do atm.

We have pretty much always dominated warriors because they’re SO much easier for us to get down. Eles on the other hand, we have to watch like they’re our kids playing the street. Turn a way for a second and we’re done. The thing about Hambow is that you only have so much stability and sustain and we have SO many turrets. You need strong ranged non-reflectable AoE, and Ele is the king of it. Every time we see someone swap from something to warrior when they see us, I just laugh. We know we can beat it.

Also remember that the turret engi itself is a terrible target to go for in a team fight. You target should be ME, the damage. Not the bunkery guys who stand in a mess of turrets. Get down Thumper, Net and Rocket with AoE, then move on to killing the damage.

Turret Engis

in PvP

gesho.9468

AOE doesn’t work because as far as the game is concerned there’s essentially 2+ teams worth of players standing on that point and all but 2 of them are immune to conditions, and no matter how much aoe you have you can only hit 5 at a time with each attack, and you don’t get decide which.

That’s why I say it’s not worth it to ever fight 2 turret Engi’s on the same point. The turrets can’t leave, and it’s not worth the time it takes to remove them.

turrets are not that glued to the spot. rifle and flame will be nearly off cd as you move from node to node.

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Argamir.3651

Argamir.3651

i generally ignore turret engis since they can only camp on one point. Most of them dont bother moving and i always tell people to ignore the engi and just focus on the 2 remaining points since fighting a full-tank-knockback tower engi is a waste of time imo. You would at least need 2 people which would put you at a disadvantage already. Just really annoying and also only effective in sPvP

Turret Engis

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Play things with less projectile utility? They are really pushovers especially if you know how to pressure them

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash