Two whole years...

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: shimmerlessEU.6841

shimmerlessEU.6841

and Spirit Watch still hasn’t been removed. The most broken thing by far to affect competitive gameplay by far and the devs haven’t even made the effort to fix it rofl.

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Uh.. I think Spirit Watch, competitively, is much closer than Skyhammer. At least people still run builds for conquest, and not builds for ping pong.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: alvarez.3159

alvarez.3159

I actually could imagine SW in teamQ if the orb mechanic gets a little altered so that some classes don’t have the edge other than being a little tankier.

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Every class has an edge in orb denial and orb running! No class is the end all be all of orb running. Every class to run the orb or pick up the orb has counterplay at all of its steps. Imo, SW should be in team queue. It’s the only map with a truly meaningful secondary objective that actually shakes the game up from it’s standard pure conquest gameplay. The main reason is that the orb can decap nodes, which can be insanely useful to counter things like the bunker meta we have been victim to for so long.

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I like Spirit Watch, all they need to do is make the orb have special skills (lock out profession skills) like they did with the Orb of Power in WvW. It was already in the game so it wouldn’t be that hard to add.

Power Bolt- Release a burst of energy to damage your target.
Orb Strike- Hit your enemy with the Orb, stunning them.
Throw Orb- Throw the Orb towards your target, blinding targets that it passes through. It bursts, dazing enemies, and returns to you.
Radiant Armor- Grant Retaliation to nearby allies.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I think the orb is fine how it is. It adds depth to what teams may want to run or counter the orb. Only way to know if it’s really not balanced is to put it in team q for awhile….

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

spirit watch is a joke, eura come on……………….

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

To be fair the map have not even been available for 2 years but rather just 1,5 year or something like that. It was released in February 2013.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: shimmerlessEU.6841

shimmerlessEU.6841

Every class has an edge in orb denial and orb running! No class is the end all be all of orb running. Every class to run the orb or pick up the orb has counterplay at all of its steps. Imo, SW should be in team queue. It’s the only map with a truly meaningful secondary objective that actually shakes the game up from it’s standard pure conquest gameplay. The main reason is that the orb can decap nodes, which can be insanely useful to counter things like the bunker meta we have been victim to for so long.

I’d love to hear what advantage my class has in orb running? Thankfully it’s “balanced out” (lol) by the fact that I can run incredibly obnoxious specs for “orb denial” if I really want to.

The map has absolutely no semblance of balance whatsoever, the things that cancel or don’t cancel orb are 100% random and all over the place.

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Evade and blocking classes have a sizable advantage in orb running.

There’s some issues that can be pointed out such as this, but ultimately the map impacts both teams equally. It’s a slight problem when teams might lack player proficiencies in these ideal orb running builds.

I think the biggest appeal of spirit watch though is that it’s something different, which if there’s a lot of demand for something different, might show that PvP in it’s current state is getting stale (which, to a certain extent, it is for various people)

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

and Spirit Watch still hasn’t been removed. The most broken thing by far to affect competitive gameplay by far and the devs haven’t even made the effort to fix it rofl.

Probably not the most balanced map (Cause there are still classes than can spec for orb running and stuff) but for sure not even close to be as stupid and cheese as skyhammer. I’d rather play 10 spirit watch than ONE skyhammer.

Ark 2nd Account

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Uh.. I think Spirit Watch, competitively, is much closer than Skyhammer. At least people still run builds for conquest, and not builds for ping pong.

Skyhammer > Spirit Watch. In Spirit Watch, you have orb running builds (defensive warrior with main hand sword is the biggest example) and not conquest builds. It needs multiple people to even keep it slowed down, which gives the rest of the team an advantage on the nodes. If you don’t have one, you lose.

On Skyhammer, other than stealth pulls, all that CC is avoidable by playing well.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I wish the orb gave its own skills, and maybe it’s own stats. And that in soloQ a huge warning came up that said caps are more important than the orb.

Or just the first thing.

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Skyhammer > Spirit Watch. In Spirit Watch, you have orb running builds (defensive warrior with main hand sword is the biggest example) and not conquest builds. It needs multiple people to even keep it slowed down, which gives the rest of the team an advantage on the nodes. If you don’t have one, you lose.

On Skyhammer, other than stealth pulls, all that CC is avoidable by playing well.

other than stealth pulls, temporal curtain after ripping stability, corrupt boon + 2 fears and unavoidable cannon shots…yeah…

Ark 2nd Account

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I like Spirit Watch, all they need to do is make the orb have special skills (lock out profession skills) like they did with the Orb of Power in WvW. It was already in the game so it wouldn’t be that hard to add.

Throw Orb- Throw the Orb towards your target, blinding targets that it passes through. It bursts, dazing enemies, and returns to you.

This ^^

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

It would be kinda cool if it played like the Arah path where you can toss the orb to each other, only now enemy team members could intercept it!

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

Two whole years...

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It would be kinda cool if it played like the Arah path where you can toss the orb to each other, only now enemy team members could intercept it!

You just reminded me of Huttball, best game mode ever, too bad swtor turned to suck.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage