in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

Venom Share Thief confirmed OP

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

2:58:
“Oh PU Mesmer is going home, oh wait it’s a Ham Bow Warrior! F**k it’s a thief! LOL

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

thx for sharing. Looks like fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Zoose.1640

Zoose.1640

2:58:
“Oh PU Mesmer is going home, oh wait it’s a Ham Bow Warrior! F**k it’s a thief! LOL

The young in me was coming out. Young map awareness MIA

Yah, play pvp for fun m8.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

I was wrecked by a venom share thief/scepter ele in a match yesterday too. I think most people are unprepared for it (only used to fighting the same builds over and over). Plus the way you guys opened was great and put the enemy team off balance for the whole game. (I’m sure you would have won either way, but nice to see some different stuff)

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

That is the right way to plays a thief in tpvp.
For all classes the point is spend resources to improve all team, but retaining the 1 v 1 potential.

- Venom share Thief.
- Sword/Horn Warrior.
- Aura share elementalist.
etc…

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

That is the right way to plays a thief in tpvp.
For all classes the point is spend resources to improve all team, but retaining the 1 v 1 potential.

- Venom share Thief.
- Sword/Horn Warrior.
- Aura share elementalist.
etc…

Vs teef alongside trap ranger. Glorious!!!!

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Posted by: Infect.2738

Infect.2738

Those games were amazingly fun.

Zombify – 2013 PAX NA and 2014 NA All-Star Necro
Stream- http://www.twitch.tv/thezombify
Twitter- @ZombifyGW2

in PvP

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

Yea..Venomshare is incredibly powerful in a group, surprised its not picked up more

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in PvP

Prysin.8542

Yea..Venomshare is incredibly powerful in a group, surprised its not picked up more

its not used much because it does not grant three or four digit crits nor does it summon a wall of tears and frustration every time you stealth….

in PvP

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

You should know that popping all venoms at the same time isn’t quite effective, since only 1 lifesteal will activate/hit from the trait. Since all venoms are instant except the heal&elite it’s easy to activate one by one while in combat.

I used to play this thief build in spvp like a year ago, with soldier amulet + pistolwhip, winning most of the 1v1 fights, even though it is a support build :P (immobilize+pistolwhip twice + popping other venoms in the meanwhile is enough for most enemies to get downed, berserker amulet is just a risk, as not much place left for invisibilities)

I like they way all minions / illusions / pets get the very same effects, thus boosting the burst damage insanely.

(edited by sMihaly.1492)

in PvP

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

its not used much because it does not grant three or four digit crits nor does it summon a wall of tears and frustration every time you stealth….

It can be tanky as kitten with solder amulet, i could win 2v1 at mid against a bunker + no-idea-what, no big numbers are needed for wanting to play a build like this. The results are good enough.

What makes it unpopular is the reaction of peers… “oh u playing venomshare? we’r gonna lose because of u” You won’t ever want to play this in solo q.

in PvP

Prysin.8542

It can be tanky as kitten with solder amulet, i could win 2v1 at mid against a bunker + no-idea-what, no big numbers are needed for wanting to play a build like this. The results are good enough.

What makes it unpopular is the reaction of peers… “oh u playing venomshare? we’r gonna lose because of u” You won’t ever want to play this in solo q.

Thats what i mean. Run settlers or Soldiers and that thief will do massive condi damage, however all the other people around you does not understand that it is strong, because it does not invoke a flood of tears or produce four digit crits.

EDIT; the fact that venomshare is as strong as it is, is just a testament to how little players know about classes, builds, build options and last but not least, potential of the game.
I bet there is at the very least 2-3 strong builds on all professions that is not being played because people think they are “unviable”. Now, unviable these days just means that there hasnt been a frag video on YT where said build is used to wipe 10-20 bad players

(edited by Prysin.8542)

in PvP

Terravos.4059

You should know that popping all venoms at the same time isn’t quite effective, since only 1 lifesteal will activate/hit from the trait. Since all venoms are instant except the heal&elite it’s easy to activate one by one while in combat.

I used to play this thief build in spvp like a year ago, with soldier amulet + pistolwhip, winning most of the 1v1 fights, even though it is a support build :P (immobilize+pistolwhip twice + popping other venoms in the meanwhile is enough for most enemies to get downed, berserker amulet is just a risk, as not much place left for invisibilities)

I like they way all minions / illusions / pets get the very same effects, thus boosting the burst damage insanely.

Its not as effective, but the reason you pop them all at once is mainly for condition coverage….

You can pop them a bit slower and get the main effect of lifeleech, but your conditions don’t screw people over as much.

But yea…the second you add another person…Venomaura becomes just stupid…

in PvP

Terravos.4059

Thats what i mean. Run settlers or Soldiers and that thief will do massive condi damage, however all the other people around you does not understand that it is strong, because it does not invoke a flood of tears or produce four digit crits.

EDIT; the fact that venomshare is as strong as it is, is just a testament to how little players know about classes, builds, build options and last but not least, potential of the game.
I bet there is at the very least 2-3 strong builds on all professions that is not being played because people think they are “unviable”. Now, unviable these days just means that there hasnt been a frag video on YT where said build is used to wipe 10-20 bad players

Oh trust me on this..I had the arguments with thieves back when I played that kept going on how bad venoms were.. and I was like “Ehh no they’re not…they’re actually pretty dang overpowered” I then made that venomaura video before I quit just to show how stupid it was. I said then..give it time… SPvP players will catch on and start running it, because its a bloody 9 second immobilize you can do not to mention you’re just adding a stupid amount of conditions for condition coverage on everyone as well as damage.

Granted….As nasty as Venomshare is right now, I think P/D thieves are better off abusing perplexity and their 5 confusion steal trait….That’d just be silly on P/D thieves.

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

That is a ghetto build oeggs was using. He should be using this build.

Seriously no need for residual venoms when you have a front-loaded stun via bassi venom into a 5 second immob. You blow up a lot less too cuz shadowstep and ihouse. The spider venom is pretty useless too when you have shortbow and poison on steal.

in PvP

Prysin.8542

Oh trust me on this..I had the arguments with thieves back when I played that kept going on how bad venoms were.. and I was like “Ehh no they’re not…they’re actually pretty dang overpowered” I then made that venomaura video before I quit just to show how stupid it was. I said then..give it time… SPvP players will catch on and start running it, because its a bloody 9 second immobilize you can do not to mention you’re just adding a stupid amount of conditions for condition coverage on everyone as well as damage.

Granted….As nasty as Venomshare is right now, I think P/D thieves are better off abusing perplexity and their 5 confusion steal trait….That’d just be silly on P/D thieves.

used to roam with a VS thief for a long time, we ran 40604 boon rip S/D and me as trapper ranger. I know how strong VS is…. add venoms to ranger traps (unblockable) + a drake pet (Bouncing F2) and you got a condi nuke like no other.

VS used to be “normal” in WvW before, because the poison venom could penetrate Righteous Indignation and actually kill lords that would otherwise be protected. It was that or retal. So a LOT of thieves were running VS as they could then give it to lots of people and just perma poison the poor lord into the ground.

Once they patched that loophole, VS kinda died.

in PvP

Terravos.4059

used to roam with a VS thief for a long time, we ran 40604 boon rip S/D and me as trapper ranger. I know how strong VS is…. add venoms to ranger traps (unblockable) + a drake pet (Bouncing F2) and you got a condi nuke like no other.

VS used to be “normal” in WvW before, because the poison venom could penetrate Righteous Indignation and actually kill lords that would otherwise be protected. It was that or retal. So a LOT of thieves were running VS as they could then give it to lots of people and just perma poison the poor lord into the ground.

Once they patched that loophole, VS kinda died.

I had stopped playing my Ranger (before I left for ESO) and was doing Venomshare in zergs, Even in that setting it was actually powerful as you could tell when ya popped it how fast groups of people would die.

But yea… Trap Ranger + Venomshare thief would just be silly in some cases…..esp for removing someone from a point lol

If I ever was going to play GW2 again, I’d probably spend more time on the VS thief…though that’ll never happen, cause ESO is better for PvP… even buggy.