[Video] Spectral Wall is Not OP

in PvP

Posted by: Hanzo.9624

Hanzo.9624

Necros have gone almost a year without really having much use for Spectral Wall. Now that they’ve made the spell useful, everyone is crying for nerfs. Friends, I’m here to prove that this spell simply cannot be considered overpowered based on the fact that as long as you don’t walk directly into it, it cannot harm you. I spent a few hours over the weekend deliberately placing Spectral Wall at easy to avoid moments just to see how often people would ignore game mechanics and stand in the fire. Fear not, I’ve also included footage of people rendering Spectral Wall useless. No offense intended to anyone who might be in the vid, just having some fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Kline.9561

Kline.9561

god that song brings back so many memories

yeah its easy for people to forget basic mechanics and a lot of times people just tunnel vision there enemies.

question out of curiosity though can you use shadow step ability’s through this wall to avoid it?

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

in PvP

Posted by: Stof.9584

Stof.9584

Haha, good one! Great song choice ~ Wonderwall.

You’d think those PVE players in Hotjoin would know not to stand in the fire.

Desolation EU – Necromancer / Thief
Top 100 Solo Q for a full minute

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Spectral wall needs a red warning outline like every other hostile area spell. Besides that, I think it wont be OP at all once necros get their nerf. The extra fears are just too much to deal with right now in addition to everything else necros are dishing out.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

Spectral wall needs a red warning outline like every other hostile area spell. Besides that, I think it wont be OP at all once necros get their nerf. The extra fears are just too much to deal with right now in addition to everything else necros are dishing out.

This.
You can’t even tell friendly SW from enemy one, it should be fixed asap XD

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

You’re using it wrong lol.. 5 first, THEN wall..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Yeah mark 5 then Wall behind..GG..LoL. Drop all the marks in between. “Here is your ticket to Hell”")

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

in PvP

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

The wall isn’t op, its just incredibly hard to see it. The enemy lines looks the same as ally, so visually something needs to be fixed. Also the spectral wall is a-net’s way to giving necros an escape on demand much like how a thief can stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

Great, Germany cant see you video because of music and GEMA (
But i know how many ppl are running in spectral wall and it so kitten funny.
Just yesterday thief run 3 times in same wall on point.

in PvP

Posted by: Travee.8492

Travee.8492

Spectral wall needs a red warning outline like every other hostile area spell.

It’s not op.

in PvP

Posted by: Hanzo.9624

Hanzo.9624

Great, Germany cant see you video because of music and GEMA (
But i know how many ppl are running in spectral wall and it so kitten funny.
Just yesterday thief run 3 times in same wall on point.

I can upload a version with no music if that helps? Unless you can direct me to a gema-allowed music list or something.

And I agree, spectral wall absolutely should have a red line around it to make it more obvious. But when you’re fighting 1v1 or with no friendly necros nearby, it shouldn’t matter.

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

I’ve always been a fan of spectral wall because of the protection buff. If you cast it in the middle of a node and run through it a few times you can renew protection (if you have spectral attunement). The protection buff has to wear off before it can be renewed. It was good for d/d necros before but now you have to chase them when they get feared

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

My two problem with it is sometimes you can dodge through it and still get feared. Also some times i swear i havn’t touched it and i’ve gotten feared i think the graphic for it might be a bit to skinny like the wall is a bit thicker then the graphic but idk a test would be nice.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

give a red line like every aoe in game and we will be fine, god even worse skills like ele staff earth 3? The line of rocks no one cares or tries to avoid has a red rectangle on it.