Virtue of resolve > Healing Signet?

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

According to gw2 wiki its suppose to be!

“Virtues have been said to help balance the guardian; for example, they have a lower base health than the warrior profession but compensate for this with their higher health regeneration granted by Virtue of Resolve.”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guardian

That statement is either outdated or Anet is trolling lol. How is it that warrior has the highest base HP and better health regen than guardian?

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Probably because that doesn’t take up a healing spot, they still get a real heal and have loads of blocks, access to protection, regen etc. Resolve is a “boon” no one else has access to unless the guardian has a trait to share it, so that sounds pretty spot on. The only thing that really tweaks my views on this is Adrenal Health, but that’s not 100% uptime.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Aza.2105

Probably because that doesn’t take up a healing spot, they still get a real heal and have loads of blocks, access to protection, regen etc. Resolve is a “boon” no one else has access to unless the guardian has a trait to share it, so that sounds pretty spot on. The only thing that really tweaks my views on this is Adrenal Health, but that’s not 100% uptime.

Block: Warrior has shield stance, Riposte and counter blow
Protection: Warrior has high base hp, guardian protection is only up for a small amount of time.
Regen: Warrior has access regen

So I don’t understand what you are saying.

Windows 10

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

the classes work differently, and what you quoted is a passive not taking up a healing slot. Guardian is in no way lacking in defense… That’s all I’m saying. I think you’re reading into it too much and comparing a passive regen to a heal, not a fair comparison.

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Healing
Notice how only two entries exist for Warrior.
Adrenal Health – based on adrenaline level
Vigorous Shouts – causes shouts to heal you and nearby allies
Though it seems to be missing http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Compassionate_Banner

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Without high investment in Healing Power (or traits for additional functionalities), passive resolve is quite underwhelming.

With zero healing power:

Guardian —> Signet of Resolve : 203.8 HPS (254.7 if traited)
Warrior —> Mending (arguably better at condtion management) : 262 HPS
Necromancer —> Consume Conditions : 209.6 + 29/condition HPS

Guardian —> Shelter : 151.83 HPS
Thief —> Withdraw : 289.6 HPS

So even if we get an extra 84 HPS from resolve, which may feel great at first glance, our healing skills seem to have a somewhat low HPS to compensate it.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

He said virtue of resolve… How are you still comparing all these classes heals to guardian’s SECOND heal? o.O Virtue of resolve is the F2 button…

in PvP

Aza.2105

He said virtue of resolve… How are you still comparing all these classes heals to guardian’s SECOND heal? o.O Virtue of resolve is the F2 button…

Just because one skill uses f2 and the other #6, doesn’t take away the fact that they are both passive health regens. Its not like the quote said “warrior has higher base hp, but guardian has better health regen if warrior isn’t using heal signet”. How would that make sense?

Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Block: Warrior has shield stance, Riposte and counter blow
Protection: Warrior has high base hp, guardian protection is only up for a small amount of time.
Regen: Warrior has access regen

So I don’t understand what you are saying.

Take those awesome things and go to tPvP, take bunker role instead of guardian. I’m sure you will be very successful and your team will be eternally thankful to you after few tournament matches.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Vargamonth.2047

I’m comparing them to show how guardian heal skills are arguably worse than those with similar functionalities from other classes, so passive virtue of resolve is not as powerful as it may seem at first glance.
It doesn’t matter at all if it’s a second heal or not. Exaggerating, if a class has access to a couple of 2k heals while others have just a 4k single one, the healing output is the same.

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

I’m comparing them to show how guardian heal skills are arguably worse than those with similar functionalities from other classes, so passive virtue of resolve is not as powerful as it may seem at first glance.
It doesn’t matter at all if it’s a second heal or not. Exaggerating, if a class has access to a couple of 2k heals while others have just a 4k single one, the healing output is the same.

So you are trying to say that guardian should get way better regen or what. make a point

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Aza.2105

So you are trying to say that guardian should get way better regen or what. make a point

Of course. Warrior should never out regen guardian.

Windows 10

in PvP

Lighter.5631

i think this thread can end here with this awesome constructive post that has insane amount of reasoning, thinking and ideas behind.

/thread

“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Aza.2105

i think this thread can end here with this awesome constructive post that has insane amount of reasoning, thinking and ideas behind.

/thread

You must play a warrior.

Windows 10

in PvP

Lighter.5631

/thread

You must play a warrior.

Please complain how guardian need more survibility buff else where, and i play thief warrior and ele, now go away, you are embarrassing yourself.

-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Aza.2105

/thread

You must play a warrior.

Please complain how guardian need more survibility buff else where, and i play thief warrior and ele, now go away, you are embarrassing yourself.

You’ve been pretty much speaking for me. I say you must play warrior then you write about how I’m complaining about survivability. Something I didn’t even mention up, you actually did. Applying what you think I’m doing to yourself would do you a great service.

Aside from that, if you are comparing survivability. Are you comparing it with a zerker thief and warrior vs a cleric guardian? Then of course guardian would have higher survivability. A zerker thief/warrior vs zerker guardian, then both thief and warrior have much greater survivability.

Windows 10

in PvP

Lighter.5631

/thread

You must play a warrior.

You’ve been pretty much speaking for me. I say you must play warrior then you write about how I’m complaining about survivability. Something I didn’t even mention up, you actually did. Applying what you think I’m doing to yourself would do you a great service.

Aside from that, if you are comparing survivability. Are you comparing it with a zerker thief and warrior vs a cleric guardian? Then of course guardian would have higher survivability. A zerker thief/warrior vs zerker guardian, then both thief and warrior have much greater survivability.

Oh my god, eff the logic right. buff regen =/= buff survibility, so much mind blown.
tell me how zerker guardian have less survivibility then zerker warrior and zerker thief, and how bunker guardian have less survibility then bunker war, i bet you play non of those, too much bs, just too much bs.

not going to waste time with your biased bs anymore, ill wait for other people to bother themselves with you.

-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in PvP

Aza.2105

/thread

You must play a warrior.

Oh my god, eff the logic right. buff regen =/= buff survibility, so much mind blown.
tell me how zerker guardian have less survivibility then zerker warrior and zerker thief, and how bunker guardian have less survibility then bunker war, i bet you play non of those, too much bs, just too much bs.

not going to waste time with your biased bs anymore, ill wait for other people to bother themselves with you.

My point is that warrior should not out regen guardian passively due to their high hp pool. And it seems that Anet’s wiki statement is in agreement with that. Unless its a blunder on their behalf.

Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

I’ve beed playing bunker warrior with bannerheal and sw/wh -mc/sh
in the 50-150 bracket solo queue the past couple of weeks for exactly 224 games and all i can say is that a bunker warrior is vastly inferior to a guardian.
Now i think we all agree that there isn’t that much to playing a warrior
and i’m pretty sure i’m playing my specc quite optimally after so many matches.

Maybe some of the better players can chime in and correct me but guardians have
more burst heal, more blocks, invuln., blind and group support and group heal. The only thing a warrior has going for him is the battle standart with 192 sec cooldown when traited iirc but that thing is utterly useless if you plan on solobunking a node like most guards do. One slot is always taken up by a banner so for the remaining you are in the stupid position where you have to choose between stability (signet 60sec/blanced stance 40sec) direct damage mitigation (endure pain) or cond. immunity (zerk stance). Considering the amount of stupid condition bombing cough spamgineers cough and control effects from (oh wonder) engineer, hambows and necros you get shredded if you take anything else than zerk stance and at least one option for stability.

The specc is highly susceptible to burst roamers and and just flat out fails against more than one enemy spamming conditions while (good) guards can almost always take on two enemies while providing significant support for their team when they arrive.

I agree that HS is too strong on warriors not specced for it but if it gets any weaker, the attempt to create a defensive warrior with a support role completely becomes unviable, or rather: even more unviable.

in PvP

Vargamonth.2047

Just that the referenced statement from the wiki is completely false and missleading.
It presents resolve as a tradeoff for the low health pool and leads to think on guardian as the class to go for some kind of “sustained warrior”.

Guardian sustain comes really from other sources, many of them being fairly expensive, so you either fully spec for (awesome) bunker/support with no damage at all, or you build for something closer to burst.
Without heavy investment in healing power, Virtue of Resolve is a minor effect that barely compensates the low HPS on healing skills. Guardian balanced specs rely much more heavily on active defenses and currently are completely outshined by warrios.

I don’t think more regeneration is needed. It could be for those middle ground specs, but would be hard, if not impossible, to allow that without touching the extremes, which are both viable (even maybe OP in bunker case).
The class is in a really good spot right now, it probably needs some kind of soft CC (giving up some damage for it) if anything. The 180º turn needed to build something outside mid bunkering is, however, completely weird.

in PvP

Vargamonth.2047

more burst heal, more blocks, invuln., blind and group support and group heal. The only thing a warrior has going for him is the battle standart with 192 sec cooldown when traited iirc but that thing is utterly useless if you plan on solobunking a node like most guards do.

Honestly, Guardian is not the best option for solo bunkering a point.
I’m not saying Warrior is better (even if I think so :P), but other classes like ranger or engineer are far superior.
Where Guardian excels is at teamfight bunkering, staying on point so it’s not capped/decapped while supporting the team.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

It’s pretty obvious…i can’t kill ppl with bunker guardian if i spec for that regen from virtue of resolve, because i would be with cleric and i would deal around 350 dmg autoattack not even enough to kill kyhlo’s barrels…now compare that to a warrior running hs regen+hambow spamming 3-4k 24/7. /thread

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

more burst heal, more blocks, invuln., blind and group support and group heal. The only thing a warrior has going for him is the battle standart with 192 sec cooldown when traited iirc but that thing is utterly useless if you plan on solobunking a node like most guards do.

I’m not saying Warrior is better (even if I think so :P), but other classes like ranger or engineer are far superior.
Where Guardian excels is at teamfight bunkering, staying on point so it’s not capped/decapped while supporting the team.

Exactly. Guardians are not particularly high on the list of being able to bunker solo versus multiple people. It is the group stuff that makes a Guard a good CENTER POINT BUNKER.

in PvP

Crovax.7854

Of course there are better options than guardian but this thread was
comparign war/guard. Basically warrior is the weakest of all bunker options
and nerfing HS will make him even weaker.

in PvP

Aza.2105

Of course there are better options than guardian but this thread was
comparign war/guard. Basically warrior is the weakest of all bunker options
and nerfing HS will make him even weaker.

The point of the thread wasn’t to compare warrior’s bunker capabilities to guardians. It was to point out the description of guardian vs warrior in terms of health regeneration. Its written clearly that guardian’s low base health is made up by the class having better passive regen than warrior.

But clearly this isn’t true, its in fact a flat out lie. Guardian can not get better passive regen than warrior even with all cleric gear. So warrior has a superior health pool, superior and easier maintained passive regeneration all while not having to utilize healing power.

In terms of balance, if the description is really a representation of how anet envisions the differences between guardian and warrior, then warrior should not have the most health in the game along with necro. But should be in the same tier as mesmer, ranger and engi or perhaps in the same tier as guardian.

Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

in PvP

Crovax.7854

Guardians have other ways of damage mitigation as I wrote, namely
invulnerability, blocks, blinds, protection and strong active heal, all in addition to their
passive.
Anet devs stated that they wanted warriors sustain to be regen based and that they are content with how it is now (please don’t ask for source, that was about 4 weeks ago and i have no idea where i read that). Warriors only have their passive (which is also their healing skill -making it unusable if you want to maintain the passive) and long cd utilities.

Guess which is better but you are right, it was meant in general- not bunker specific. I also said that I think warrior that don’t trait for survival shouldn’t be allowed such a strong heal but it should be better for warriors that do.

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

/thread

You must play a warrior.

My point is that warrior should not out regen guardian passively due to their high hp pool. And it seems that Anet’s wiki statement is in agreement with that. Unless its a blunder on their behalf.

That wiki page is from when the statement was true and the game/classes were different back at launch

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

I really wish the devs would lower Warriors health to 10k and double their heals since all these complainers seem to think health matters after the first 10 seconds of a fight. The classes base armor and health do not matter in the slightest as you do realize the classes were balanced around them do you not? The 10k health classes all have far better survivability in combat than the 18k by far.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Lol, yeah… High HP pool classes have pretty much always (until the whole healing signet fiasco) had less sustain due to high HP. Sustain is much much more powerful than a bit more HP.

in PvP

Aza.2105

I really wish the devs would lower Warriors health to 10k and double their heals since all these complainers seem to think health matters after the first 10 seconds of a fight. The classes base armor and health do not matter in the slightest as you do realize the classes were balanced around them do you not? The 10k health classes all have far better survivability in combat than the 18k by far.

So a zerker ele has higher survivability than a warrior?

Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

As a team fight bunker guardian is AMAZING. Especially with AH… However if a guardian wants to get nice healing they sacrifice EVERYTHING else.

If a warrior wants nice healing they slot a passive healing skill and go 15 points for adrenal health.

1. slot and 15 points compared to guards F2, #6 and at least 30 points…

See the difference?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

As a team fight bunker guardian is AMAZING. Especially with AH… However if a guardian wants to get nice healing they sacrifice EVERYTHING else.

If a warrior wants nice healing they slot a passive healing skill and go 15 points for adrenal health.

See the difference?

No, I don’t see the difference. You also have many other tools warrior does not (warrior isn’t ripping condi from his team, providing group stability, or healing anyone besides himself with healing signet and adrenal health for starters). Every class is not the same. Stop trying to homogenize everything. If you homogenize everything, we are all the same class.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in PvP

Aza.2105

See the difference?

No, I don’t see the difference. You also have many other tools warrior does not (warrior isn’t ripping condi from his team, providing group stability, or healing anyone besides himself with healing signet and adrenal health for starters). Every class is not the same. Stop trying to homogenize everything. If you homogenize everything, we are all the same class.

1. Quick Breathing
2. Vigorous Shouts
2. Whirlwind Banner

They have the tools, but if you take them you probably won’t end up doing much damage. Just like guardian.

Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

See the difference?

1. Quick Breathing
2. Vigorous Shouts
2. Whirlwind Banner

They have the tools, but if you take them you probably won’t end up doing much damage. Just like guardian.

Trash, trash, trash. Not even close to the same, but think whatever you want. Nobody takes those but crappy gimmick “bunker – ha!” warriors who are trying to be guardians but failing miserably.

in PvP

Aza.2105

See the difference?

1. Quick Breathing
2. Vigorous Shouts
2. Whirlwind Banner

Trash, trash, trash. Not even close to the same, but think whatever you want. Nobody takes those but crappy gimmick “bunker – ha!” warriors who are trying to be guardians but failing miserably.

You said they don’t have the tools, I showed you they do. Whether they are good or not is a entirely different story.

Windows 10

in PvP

Rednik.3809

Looks like someone missed reign of godlike d/d eles before nerfs.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Aza.2105

Looks like someone missed reign of godlike d/d eles before nerfs.

I’m not talking about ele in the past, I’m talking about now.

Windows 10

in PvP

Rednik.3809

I’m not talking about ele in the past, I’m talking about now.

If you compare zerker ele with zerker warrior – yes, they are pretty close, live while cooldowns are up.

25 charracters