War Pvp Suggestion : Fast Hands

in PvP

Posted by: caporal moktahr.3408

caporal moktahr.3408

Greetings fellow GW2 players and dev’s.
I have a suggestion concerning a trait in the discipline line : Fast Hands

I was thinking about it while reading the patch notes preview for December the 10th.
Devs realised that the elementalist was too much dependant of the arcane tree line in order to swap elements.
They solved it by reducing the base element-swap cooldown untraited , and nerfing the trait line a bit.

I think this great idea should transfer to the warrior.
As you may know most of warriors pvp puilds out there go deep into discipline.
In fact nearly 100% of the warriors builds that were played in spvp since the start of the game had at least 20 points in discipline.
One of the reason is Fast Hand’s.

Fast Hands is mandatory if you want to adapt quickly .
And since warrior is the master of weapons, he should consequently be able switch a bit more often than the other classes.

For example :
Base CD without Fast Hand’s could be 8 (or 7) seconds
While Traited CD could stay at 5

This simple change could IMHO improve build diversity for warriors by removing the necessity of investing 15 to 20 points in a single but very important trait line.

Whil I agree with the changes being made to the warrior in the futur patch I would also like to see this concept implemented in the game.

Towards the community and the Dev’s :
Do you like the idea ? Could this, be implemented quickly ?
Do you fear it would be too strong ?
Do you have any other suggestions ?

Thank you for reading this to the end.

Best Regards

in PvP

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

NO, just no…

no

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand NO. The trait is already ridiculously overpowered as it is. It should be a grandmaster tier trait, not master minor.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

in PvP

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

It is necessary to invest 20-30 points in Discipline because warriors have terrible traits. It would do nothing to improve build diversity.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Its already too good though, everyone wants a lower CD on swapping, people were already envious of that trait as it is, I don’t think buffing warriors as a whole would help that. Maybe if you let everyone have an 8 second CD swap, then maybe we’ll talk. But warrior-exclusive, no thanks. :S

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

Its already too good though, everyone wants a lower CD on swapping, people were already envious of that trait as it is, I don’t think buffing warriors as a whole would help that. Maybe if you let everyone have an 8 second CD swap, then maybe we’ll talk. But warrior-exclusive, no thanks. :S

Can I get immunity to incoming conditions like Elementalists too? No? Didn’t think so. Doesn’t make sense to give all classes the same of certain things.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

Can I get immunity to incoming conditions like Elementalists too? No? Didn’t think so. Doesn’t make sense to give all classes the same of certain things.

Well, fundamental core mechanics should stay pretty well streamline, I’m a necromancer and I’d LOVE to even have a shot at a 5 second GCD. Just take the trait if you love it so much, it truly is an amazing trait, at least your minors mean something… Try playing a Necro (Other than Condi) and then look at how silly our minor traits are. >_>:

in PvP

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

Well, fundamental core mechanics should stay pretty well streamline, I’m a necromancer and I’d LOVE to even have a shot at a 5 second GCD. Just take the trait if you love it so much, it truly is an amazing trait, at least your minors mean something… Try playing a Necro (Other than Condi) and then look at how silly our minor traits are. >_>:

Oh boy 3% more damage without full endurance.
Oh boy a 1 in 3 chance to cause 1 stack of bleed on crit for 3 seconds.
Oh boy extra toughness while reviving.
Oh boy 1 stack of might on swap.

Boy oh boy those sure are beastly!

I’m gonna be honest, even without conditions Necromancers have some ballin’ traits.

Double my chance on crit to cause bleeding.
Extra Power while over 90% HP.
Gain Regeneration when HP drops below 90%.
Siphon health from enemies when you hit them.
Extra Power based on toughness.

These are traits in comparable lines, and even without being condition focused the Necromancer traits are pretty nice.

in PvP

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

Oh boy 3% more damage without full endurance.
Oh boy a 1 in 3 chance to cause 1 stack of bleed on crit for 3 seconds.
Oh boy extra toughness while reviving.
Oh boy 1 stack of might on swap.

Boy oh boy those sure are beastly!

I’m gonna be honest, even without conditions Necromancers have some ballin’ traits.

Double my chance on crit to cause bleeding.
Extra Power while over 90% HP.
Gain Regeneration when HP drops below 90%.
Siphon health from enemies when you hit them.
Extra Power based on toughness.

These are traits in comparable lines, and even without being condition focused the Necromancer traits are pretty nice.

When comparing minor traits also consider armor class , weapons , skills, roles , other traits in that line, and profession specific mechanic. Minor traits don’t exist in a vacuum and thus everything needs to be taken into account when comparing them.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

They either went 20 into discipline for fast hands, or course warriors sprint, burst damage and crit damage modifiers..fast alone wasn’t why they into discipline.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Buff warriors they’re in a position just as bad as elementalists as far as build diversity is concerned.

Attachments:

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

caporal moktahr.3408

I expected people to be a bit more enthusiast.

Tweaking fast hand’s would not bring more to the warrior skill-less strength :
Buffing discipline and defense traits , berzerker’s stance , healing signet to tremendous levels achieved that already.

It’s not about increasing the power of something ,it’s about opening a window for non discipline warriors.
A wider window of opportunities to exploit their weapon combo mechanics.

Those combo at least require a bit of skill and settup , they give a feeling of achievement when you pull them out succesfully.
I don’t think increasing combo capability is a crime , not at all.
It gives strength and diversity to those who play their class well wich is how it should be.

For final words , why shall warriors and other classes refrain from asking a change on something that affect their build diversity just because they are considered OP at the moment ?
OP classes rise and fall it is often a matter of numbers , classes/traits flaws stay much longer if we don’t treat them in an objective way.

in PvP

ronpierce.2760

I expected people to be a bit more enthusiast.

Tweaking fast hand’s would not bring more to the warrior skill-less strength :
Buffing discipline and defense traits , berzerker’s stance , healing signet to tremendous levels achieved that already.

It’s not about increasing the power of something ,it’s about opening a window for non discipline warriors.
A wider window of opportunities to exploit their weapon combo mechanics.

Those combo at least require a bit of skill and settup , they give a feeling of achievement when you pull them out succesfully.
I don’t think increasing combo capability is a crime , not at all.
It gives strength and diversity to those who play their class well wich is how it should be.

For final words , why shall warriors and other classes refrain from asking a change on something that affect their build diversity just because they are considered OP at the moment ?
OP classes rise and fall it is often a matter of numbers , classes/traits flaws stay much longer if we don’t treat them in an objective way.

The reason I say no is because it leaves other classes up kitten creek without a paddle, its a crutch, and warriors aren’t he only class who needs to combo. For instance I play a Power Necro with Staff for aoe utility. After I used 2,3,4,5 staff is completely useless and I’m stuck in it about 6 seconds long than I need to be. I could agree with a global decrease to 8 seconds for all classes, or bring fast hands up to 7 seconds instead of 5, but not outright give warrior a combo advantage over every other class.

On the same note, this is specifically why I wish kits had a CD upon leaving them.

in PvP

caporal moktahr.3408

Yeah I see the point.
It also raises a problem lying behind : most classes tend to unload their weapon skill right as soon as they’ve switched. Because there’s no reason to keep them for a better opportunity than right now.

The reason why the warrior could get it and not the other classes is rather roleplay or class design :
He is the master of weapons , switching weapons should be a second nature for him.

Coming back to your idea : would an 8 sec CD on weapon swap be too strong for some classes ?
I think not , but this can be debatable …

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

This is a case of “it’s mandatory because it’s so good.” In other words, it’s not that not fast hands is essential to the warrior, it’s just that there’s no reason not to take it because you can’t get anything better. Cleansing ire is even more so like that.

A better approach would be the vigor/swiftness nerfs incoming for engineers. Raise the traited cooldown to 6 seconds so that those fifteen points could be reasonably spent elsewhere, and give minor buffs to a couple of grandmaster traits in other trees so that there’s a reasonable choice between two options. The same approach should be taken to cleansing ire imo. I don’t think anyone would seriously suggest any serious warrior build without these two traits, except possibly bunker warrior could do without fast hands.

Ele arcana was/is mandatory. Fast hands/cleansing ire just appear mandatory because nothing is better.

in PvP

caporal moktahr.3408

I like it also. It’s a nerf , but in the right direction : less powerfull things so less regrets when you chose not taking them.

I’m off for today. Tomorrow i will read all the answersand probably edit the main posts with your ideas.

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

right ..

and i want a weapon swap for engineer + the restoration of the game release date grenade damage

kkthxbai

in PvP

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

It is necessary to invest 20-30 points in Discipline because warriors have terrible traits. It would do nothing to improve build diversity.

gotta quote this to preserve it for the posterity lmao