Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

My guess is healing signet lower HPS but can be improved more with healing power.

Unsuspecting foe moved up.

All is vain.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

My guess is healing signet lower HPS but can be improved more with healing power.

Was thinking the same.

In addition, adrenaline lost when burst skill misses and CD on cleansing ire OR cleansing ire no longer works when attack misses

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

Warriors are pretty strong right now, but will be seeing changes in an upcoming patch.

We like how they can be tanky, and we like how they can do DPS if they want. We also like the CC they can bring. We just don’t like them doing it all with 1 build.

Do NOT move Unsuspecting Foe up, it just does more harm than good and destroys many builds that aren’t Hambow.

Instead just reduce the crit chance, 15% maybe 20% is fine. That way builds that build tanky with low crit chance won’t benefit it anymore and effectively get 74% crit chance without building any precision, 20% from signet of rage and 50% from UF. However builds that are balanced or DPS that do have high precision already can benefit from even the small increase in crit chance.

Just my 2cents

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

I’m not a fan of warriors as a class in general(playstyle preference) and they’re definitely over the top right now. However, I hope they don’t do to you would happened to Eles just look at their representation in high end tournaments LOL They knee-jerked to hard there I hope they give you all more consideration with the changes.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This would be ideal. I like the idea of the base of healing signet cut by a good amount and a significant boost to its tie with healing power. If a warrior wants to run around in all clerics, they should heal for more than today. If they want to run around in soldiers or zerkers, the heal should be much less.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

I’m surprised no one is mentioning Signet of Rage.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

Don’t ask for balance, once everything is balance the meta will stop changing and the game will die.

ANET just like to make OP class first Ele then Ranger then Necro now Warrior may be Mesmer is the next king. I see ANET balance pvp this way since GW1 to make PvP players change their builds and forget to blame about how low the skill pool they have.

The change we should have is adding more skills to make more builds. The left side skill bar should be choices which we can pick. I’d say keep the Auto attack number 1 locked and give us 8-10 skills to pick in number 2-3-4-5. That will make variety builds.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Warriors are pretty strong right now, but will be seeing changes in an upcoming patch.

We like how they can be tanky, and we like how they can do DPS if they want. We also like the CC they can bring. We just don’t like them doing it all with 1 build.

yesss…. he understood us…now hopefully the changes will be appropriate too

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

because it’s not relative to hammer nor healing signet. Those are the keywords that makes other classes quiver in fear & whine.

Pineapples

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Astewart.8415

Astewart.8415

Hope the nerf applies to PVP only.
This is what I absolutely hate about MMOs. The constant changes to classes and powers after you become comfortable with a particular style of play.

And it isn’t always something being “overpowered”. It’s like changing the size and shape of the ball in the middle of a football game.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Kamikazi.5380

Kamikazi.5380

There’s no need to call nerf the Warrior for completely unrelated things, then it gets to the point where you’re just crying out for nerfs for the sake of bringing down the class.

Remember what the Warrior has been like before the buffs, then focus on the buffs that made him what he is now and bring him back to level. Signet of Rage had nothing to do with any of the Warrior’s recent upbringing.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

because it’s not relative to hammer nor healing signet. Those are the keywords that makes other classes quiver in fear & whine.

I guess so.

I play a Warrior (not may main but I have a basic understanding of traits and stuff) and the self utility that SoR provides is just phenomenal. It allows build diversity since 30 secs+ of Fury/5 stack of might/swiftness basically negate the need for berzerker amulet or heavy investments in power or precision trait lines to do good damage.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Maverick Holix.1382

Maverick Holix.1382

I beat warriors all the time using the rather panzy D/P. I like running warrior as well bcuz its the only class viable to counter the bullkitten condi meta, Anet left me with no choice duhmfire=imba

twitch.tv/maverick_holix

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I beat warriors all the time using the rather panzy D/P. I like running warrior as well bcuz its the only class viable to counter the bullkitten condi meta, Anet left me with no choice duhmfire=imba

I D/P them too.
They come in furious and they die wondering why.
The unsuspected ones that is.
The good ones are a pain in the Quaggan backpack.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

Congrats whiners. Warriors are now a free kill again. Glad I don’t main warrior. Hammer is so easy to avoid and heavy burst classes are tough to beat on war but now warrior can join ele status.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Congrats whiners. Warriors are now a free kill again. Glad I don’t main warrior. Hammer is so easy to avoid and heavy burst classes are tough to beat on war but now warrior can join ele status.

Relaaax.. Mr Sharp knows his job.He is gonna shave warrior and not “nerf it out of orbit”! Just like with ele !!
Seriously though..expect moderate to heavy warrior nerfs happening just right before a patch that will power creep all the rest of the classes to god status..just like the ele :P

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

With all due respect, there are quite a few of us who pointed out the direction warriors were headed before it got to this point, and there are numerous threads quoting members of the balance team saying that there was at least some knowledge on their part that warriors would end up like this.

Unless I’m taking that information out of context, don’t you think it’s a bit destructive to knowingly create meta builds like this?

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

i never encountered the whole d/d thing, nobody ever ran it on eu. s/d clerics was all the rage on eu, but that didn’t really have damage. It had enough damage to kill very slowly.

lolwut? d/d was meta in EU for a long time as well.

in tpvp? no.

Symbolic

(edited by Oblivion.8307)

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

Can you please share the 30/30/30/30/30 build with me?
Because everytime I deal lots of dmg, i lose all my defense and my CC.
If i’m a tank,i lose my dmg.
And so far I haven’t seen a proper middle way.
I think these things exists only in other people’s mind,whom are not warriors.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

so delusional

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Lead Game Designer telling you that Warrior are OP and still you people put your fingers in your ears and go LALALALALA. Its just amazing. Maybe the problem is in your mind.

‘Im not crazy everyone else is!’

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: DuranArgith.1354

DuranArgith.1354

Unreasonable changes..
I understand anet has to do this to appease the masses so do what you have to do, but please dont bring us warriors back to the ice age.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Hi.
First of all thanks for the post and for warning us about the changes. Can you tell us some of the changes we are going to have?

In my opinion just moving UF up 10 points would fix the issues about doing all in one build. But i would like to know what are ANet plans.

Thanks

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: bone collector.4920

bone collector.4920

Why you just CANCEL the warrior class.?It is more easier.Once again the warrior will be the most undervalued character? Second time they nerfed. I do not play only warrior but that can’t be done like the Ele chars.
This changes drive the players just to quit in general.

(edited by bone collector.4920)

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Second time they nerfed.

oh my god

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: bone collector.4920

bone collector.4920

Second time they nerfed.

oh my god

Am i wrong on that? Please correct me if i make mistake.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

5 Warrior teams in “top tier” matches… why am I still playing this game?

I start liking PvP after a few rounds. Then the cheaters come out to play. Then I remember why I do not sPvP regularly. The same exploitable bugs are in WvW. I cannot get away from them, but at least WvW is big enough to make me feel like I can. Tonight I submitted a buf report for some thief exploiting the downed stealth. That won’t get fixed. It’s a feature now. The unfinishable thief, on sale now. Why do the classes with the unkillable downed state bug have to be the hardest to defeat for my crippled Ele? The warrior has that bug where the stomp gets interrupted perpetually.

Warrior is not the old D\D ele because even the OP ele had to press dozens of buttons but the current warrior only uses 3 .

and not only that, the old D/D ele would be ashamed of today’s warrior, old D/D today would be balanced among all the other OP stuff in the game.

Wrong. The Old D/D ele would still be OP today. I think you forget how many nerfs it has received.

It was never OP. Remember, Eles had to go against Eles back then, too. I started six characters soon after release. The Ele I played the most. Yes, I did go d/d Ele. Yes, mainhand dagger was stronger than scepter is now. Eles had more conditions, double the healing, double the direct damage on some very important skills, quicker cooldowns, etc. Healing signet for Ele was as good as the warrior one. Many good players avoided Arcana, and went full zerker gear. Ele was balanced enough that most Eles did not care about d/d because staff was so versatile. It used to be exciting to run into a d/d on any class I played because I knew it well. I knew it was easy to counter. Most of the time the d/d Ele would teleport away. Their strength was is the aggressive and quick-paced action. The confidence of players was easily shaken back then. Not now. Things are so out of whack now because of the way we d/d Eles attacked player confidence in the beginning. My Ele in PvP tonight got hit for 10.5k in one shot by a warrior, yet my total Health is less than 14k. Another warrior I was fighting (who runs around most the time to make a joke out of the class) had already gotten my Health to 9.5k That second warrior teleported to me and finished me off with an instant damage skill like a thief would. It is insanity. There was zero thought about balance to get GW2 where it is now.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

they can do it all. warriors are ruining the game, you need to change them b4 people just stop playing because they already are.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

And it isn’t always something being “overpowered”. It’s like changing the size and shape of the ball in the middle of a football game.

I disagree with this. Changing the size of the ball would affect everyone on the pitch in an equal manner.

A more accurate analogy would be that one teams goalkeeper grows to 3 times the size and nearly fills the net, making it virtually impossible for the opposition to score, thus only benefitting whomever has the super-keeper on their side.

I assumed football to be soccer. If you are American then replace football with ice-hockey and the analogy still (pretty much) fits.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

QQ kids won… Be ready to get nerfs, im gonna join QQ train bc its easier to whine and nerf everything into ground than adapt..

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Warriors surely needs a tone down, but not too much, otherwise they’ll follow ele path.
I think Sigent deserve a little nerf (well, it shouldnt exist at all imo, but since its there….) it should have slightly less base heal, to have it scale a bit more with healing power, so that you wont see a dps warrior outhealing others dps…. to balance it we should consider its heal effectiveness compared to other heals.

lets consider a classic hammer build with 30 points in defense, which means 300 healing power.

Mending => Heals over 30s = 8220, other benefits: removes 3 conditions
Healing Surge => Heals over 30s = 10200, other benefits: provide a burst heal and refil adrenaline
Signet => Heals over 30s = 12210, other benefits: its passive, thus cant be interrupted.

So its not so much better then other heals, i think it would be fine to have it reduced to Healing surge level.
A good tradeoff might be signet healing 350/s with 300 healing power, so that it will heal 10500 over 30s.
While building full healing power with cleric amulet for a total of 1223, its fine for it to heal for 454/s, achieving a total of 13620 heals over 30s.

About the Adrenaline skills, well, i have always found weird that they dont spend their adrenaline when spamming F1 at random and wasting it, it just doesnt make sense and promote noobplaystyle. As every other skill, once blocked or misssed the skill is used and should go on CD and in this case should also use their adrenaline.
Take mesmer as an example…. in order to use its profession mechanic, shatter, mesmer needs their CD off and 1+ clones, if the target evades the shatter, it goes on CD and clones are gone too…. same thing should apply to warriors.

I think this 2 changes would be enough to bring the warrior in line with other classes.
On the other hand Eles still feel like they are left out of the game.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Garb Cost.3718

QQ kids won… Be ready to get nerfs, im gonna join QQ train bc its easier to whine and nerf everything into ground than adapt..

Wow… I for one have never seen such outrage on forums about one particular class. Don’t get me wrong, not every thread was accurate but the complaints were consistent and, in general, I think they were pretty much right.

It baffles me when people just dig in their heels and point-blank refuse to see what is in front of them.

What is ironic is how you are moaning about people adapting yet it seems you are refusing to do this yourself before you even know what the changes are. Ironic.

I also like how the drama queens have started – “A nerf?! OH NO WE ARE GOING TO BE FREE KILLS NOW!!”

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Ixl Super Ixl.7258

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

You guys really need to stop whining about warriors, everyone knows warriors are OP as F… , there has been 10000s of posts about it, ANET knows it and theyh are working on it. now can we stop these stupid posts because everyone including ANET knows that warrior is OP.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

So it’s fine to say “don’t overnerf them or they’ll go the path of the Ele” …

How do you think those of us who have chosen to play Elementalists since beta feel? We’ve always been seen as a joke barring those few months where a few usable builds were found and then nerfed into oblivion.

NO NO NO. I really don’t want warriors to feel like we (ele’s) do but something fundamental needs to change in the mindset of the balance team, every class needs equal representation and attention devoted.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

(edited by MarzAttakz.9608)

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Garb Cost.3718

I don’t play an ele but I do hope they are brought up to speed having spoken to a few people who main them…

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I don’t think the problem with elementalist was the nerfs, but the buffs done to other classes and a lack of viable tools to fight this meta.

I mean, one of the elementalist’s best tools to fight this meta is the Focus, what iss otherwise pne of their weakest weaponsets. Elementalists are relying on a broken toolset with a nearly non-existent fire line, and a few other underwhelming skills, so they can have anti-projectiles, condition removal and invulnerability to fight the burst/ stun/ condition/ ranged driven meta. If Focus was improved, maybe elementalists would be at a better situation (in this meta). Of course, I want the meta to change too, so we don’t get stuck to focus only, but I’m just saying.

Also, the elementalist’s means to counter the meta aren’t effective enough. You would think the earth traitline would be fined tuned to the current stun burst, with Rock Solid, that other trait that reduces immobilize, or the auto- armor of earth, but if no one is using them, then it only shows how they can not counter what they were meant to counter. Maybe it’s time for Anet to consider improving the defensive options for our traitline, like adding a stun break trait on earth, or a better “condition/ or cc duration decreased” trait.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

Is there really, honestly, anyone out there who did not see this coming?

As someone with a Warrior main, I’ve been saying to friends for weeks that it was utterly inevitable that PvP nerfs were incoming, and I just hoped they didn’t hit PvE too hard (luckily the builds for the two are pretty far separated, so should be okay).

I particularly love the guys suggesting that, if they’re going to nerf us, they should just delete us. I mean, come on, if you can’t take being nerfed when we’re fairly clearly OP, just don’t play PvP games.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

Wow… I for one have never seen such outrage on forums about one particular class. Don’t get me wrong, not every thread was accurate but the complaints were consistent and, in general, I think they were pretty much right.

It baffles me when people just dig in their heels and point-blank refuse to see what is in front of them.

What is ironic is how you are moaning about people adapting yet it seems you are refusing to do this yourself before you even know what the changes are. Ironic.

I also like how the drama queens have started – “A nerf?! OH NO WE ARE GOING TO BE FREE KILLS NOW!!”

Nah they weren’t right…..it’s warcraft mentality, or just not adapting at all. If you can’t beat the warrior structure mainly for pvp then make a complaint. That seems to be the norm of every pvp mmo now & days. The complainers think X class are OP because they haven’t found any new ways to beat them nor they want to take the time.

Of course the developers will say anything to keep their (customers happy) why even bother arguing back? That’s a no brainer.

Nobody likes being CC, but no one else told you to chase down the warrior either thinking they’re free kills. Bring back up next time or does that hurts your ego?

Pineapples

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

If this change that they’re saying will happen is going to be made without a lot of thought and planning we’ll be back to the starting situation where warriors were the laughing stock of sPVP. But I’m sure that’s what the people who constantly complained about warriors being OP want.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I can’t understand that the warrior guys cry about incoming nerfs. I play Engineer and we got 4 nerfs in a row and we still here. I am sure Anet will not nerf them to the ground.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Miko.5726

Miko.5726

John is joking us or he didn´t know his own game. I think, both is right!

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

they can do it all. warriors are ruining the game, you need to change them b4 people just stop playing because they already are.

I think more people quit the game because of the condi-meta rather than the warrior.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

How do you think those of us who have chosen to play Elementalists since beta feel? We’ve always been seen as a joke barring those few months where a few usable builds were found and then nerfed into oblivion.

NO NO NO. I really don’t want warriors to feel like we (ele’s) do but something fundamental needs to change in the mindset of the balance team, every class needs equal representation and attention devoted.

Ele’s need help. I don’t want anyone to feel they way Ele players must feel. Not even warriors.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Isn’t it not so long ago that no teams wanted a warrior in their team?

Heiann – NSP

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: righteousness.6028

righteousness.6028

Confession Bear: As a long time ele player I hope they are nerfed to ele status. That way I will at least be able to have fair duels with someone other than other eles or thiefs.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Pretty strong is an understatement. Warriors are worse than the necromancers ever were.

And the CC they bring is too much. wayy too much.
And you forgot to mention better mobility than most classes too.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Garb Cost.3718

And Necros? They’re the reason for the Warriors’ absurd condition resistance right now, aren’t they? They’re as much an imbalance in this meta as Warriors are.

Just as a single Warrior build should not have access to chain stun, high damage, and great tanking ability, no single Necro build should have access to chain fear, high condition damage, and great tanking ability. They’re in the same boat.

You’re right – they are getting overshadowed by the warrior at the minute (in terms of forum rage).

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Miko.5726

Miko.5726

The real problem are Necros, P/D Thiefs, Enginer with there mobility and still Mesmer. The 2nd problem is, you don´t know the right build. Warrior is in a good place. John is still joking us.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Garb Cost.3718

Nah they weren’t right…..it’s warcraft mentality, or just not adapting at all. If you can’t beat the warrior structure mainly for pvp then make a complaint. That seems to be the norm of every pvp mmo now & days. The complainers think X class are OP because they haven’t found any new ways to beat them nor they want to take the time.

Of course the developers will say anything to keep their (customers happy) why even bother arguing back? That’s a no brainer.

Nobody likes being CC, but no one else told you to chase down the warrior either thinking they’re free kills. Bring back up next time or does that hurts your ego?

Which is why I said that not every forum post yelling for a warrior nerf was right, but you have just gone ahead and made a generalisation. You also have a massive sweeping statement in there that the only reason a nerf is incoming is because people haven’t found ways to beat them and don’t want to spend the time trying – also grossly innaccurate.

As for, “Nobody likes being CC, but no one else told you to chase down the warrior either thinking they’re free kills. Bring back up next time or does that hurts your ego?” I have no idea what you are saying here – sorry.

Warrior = Ele 2.0 ?

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

it’s kinda funny cause once warriors get nerfed, necros/sd thief/spirit ranger(potentially) will be getting qqed about, mesmer damage needs nerfing too, elementalist damage(arcane/airburst) could probably be reduced too. In turn you need to reduce guardian survivability. The joys of balance.

Symbolic