Warrior Myths: BUSTED

in PvP

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

Hello everyone, there have been many complaints about the Warrior class. How Healing Signet + Adrenal Health provide too much healing, how Cleansing Ire is too good at removing conditions, how Banner Regen Warriors are virtually unkillable, and I’m here to put a stop to this nonsense.

Warriors can die. Here’s the proof. Show me those Warriors that are carrying teams by themselves and winning 4v1s on video. Or really anything that shows how OP they are, rather than theorycrafting and telling stories about what happened. Sure, stories can give us some idea of what’s going on, but we don’t know the exact situations.

In other words… watch this video.

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

I see a bad warrior losing to an AI pet necro. Anecdotes don’t mean anything.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

……at one point your friend says

“it’s like fighting a giant HP pool”

and you respond with

“Yeah, pretty worthless if you can’t kill anything”

…………..you just described a guardian though…………so is it worthless?

Oh and you stand in practically everything and ask to die.

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

and you respond with

Guardians don’t have a giant HP pool. They have the lowest HP in the game, tied with Elementalists. Also, I’m pretty sure they’re known as a bunker class for the most part. You have DPS variants but usually people run them as bunkers. People complain that Warriors sacrifice very little in order to be effective at both killing and sustaining, and as you can see that’s not too true. They’re still able to be beaten.

Do you not understand the meaning of the word anecdotal? This is not anecdotal evidence, you aren’t relying on word of mouth here. This is a recording of a fight that you can actually see for yourself.

Whether or not I’m bad isn’t even relevant for the most part, as I recall quite a few people saying Warrior is a faceroll class. You can pick it up and use it to great degrees of success. So even if I am bad this still shows that Warriors can be defeated even with Berserker Stance, Cleansing Ire, and Healing Signet+Adrenal Health. Not that I personally like to run Healing Signet anyway.

in PvP

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

So you’re trying to proof your point by using the 2nd (or 1st) strongest class in the game, the necromancer. If a warrior can’t cleanse conditions enough, think about what others can do? Nothing.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

So you’re trying to proof your point by using the 2nd (or 1st) strongest class in the game, the necromancer. If a warrior can’t cleanse conditions enough, think about what others can do? Nothing.

Oh boy. Someone seems to be missing the point.

What you seem to be saying is “I think Class A is overpowered. If someone using Class B can beat someone using Class A, Class B is even more overpowered and all other classes stand no chance.” How is that constructive? How is that at all helpful? The people who think Warriors are overpowered seem to be unable to form proper arguments to support their point.

So let me say this. Before you post here, think. Don’t just type away on your keyboard and tell me Warriors are OP or that I suck. I want you to THINK. Think about your reply, tell me WHY we’re OP. Give a good argument to support your claim. Otherwise I’m not going to take anything you post seriously.

Let’s not have this be a bunch of Warrior haters circlejerking each other with no real counter-arguments.

in PvP

CMF.5461

and you respond with

Guardians don’t have a giant HP pool. They have the lowest HP in the game, tied with Elementalists. Also, I’m pretty sure they’re known as a bunker class for the most part. You have DPS variants but usually people run them as bunkers. People complain that Warriors sacrifice very little in order to be effective at both killing and sustaining, and as you can see that’s not too true. They’re still able to be beaten.

Guardian’s have the lowest in the game, but are supposed to excel in defense and staying alive. While they are focused on “bunkering” they do little to no damage at all.

Thus the guardian’s job is to have a “huge hp pool” through healing, blocking, avoidance.

When is the last time you were afraid of a bunker guardian killing you? Unless you were smart enough to die to retaliation.

As far as for the damage versus bunker and warriors sacrificing nothing to achieve tanky status, most success I have seen with warriors doing this is through conditions, though the stun-100 blades has caused some people some problems.

The warrior has the highest health pool along with arguably the best passive regeneration in the game, without having to invest heavily into healing power or gimping the other stats.

Is it unkillable? No obviously not, but it is adverse to how much others have to sacrifice to come into comparison to what the warrior is able to achieve just by having healing signet and adrenal health.

Is it OP? Well in hotjoins you see a lot of it, but tourney play meta has not become overly inundated with warriors that I have noticed, yet.

(edited by CMF.5461)

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

lol yeah, one video of a bad warrior will certainly prove all your points.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

It’s clear warrior is UP, when the necro has to tell him what to do ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

and you respond with

Guardian’s have the lowest in the game, but are supposed to excel in defense and staying alive. While they are focused on “bunkering” they do little to no damage at all.

Thus the guardian’s job is to have a “huge hp pool” through healing, blocking, avoidance.

When is the last time you were afraid of a bunker guardian killing you? Unless you were smart enough to die to retaliation.

To be fair I’m not afraid of anything other than a Theif, Mesmer, Engineer, or Necromancer killing me in a 1v1 situation. You know. Stuff that’s meant to kill. I haven’t met a Warrior yet I was actually scared of enough that I’d need to run away or go off point using the Hambo build.

The thing about a Guardian is it’s far bunkier than a Warrior. It has superior defenses, access to multiple blinds, and good condition removal. It can outlast even a regen banner Warrior. If anything that should show how Warriors aren’t as OP as everyone thinks. They’ve got good skills and builds to be sure, but anything they can do outside of stun and temporary condition immunity others can do better. Condition damage? Necro or Engineer. Direct damage? Mesmer or Theif. Bunker? Guardian.

Come to think of it you haven’t really stated why they’re OP, you just went off on this little talk about Guardians.

lol yeah, one video of a bad warrior will certainly prove all your points.

Yeah, one insulting comment with no counter-argument to the points made will certainly disprove all my points.

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

‘Banner regen build’ using 4 banners, wtf are you, kittened? Blind stops cleansing ire? that’s why you take a longbow. Holy kitten people in this game are kittened. Especially people that don’t understand the concept of disengaging, line of sighting etc. ‘Let me take a free 12k damage while i summon my banners cos i got no stunbreaks etc.’ Plus most warriors use signet with lyssa runes. This guy. Holy kitten. This guy.

Inc another infraction for me.

Symbolic

in PvP

CMF.5461

Come to think of it you haven’t really stated why they’re OP, you just went off on this little talk about Guardians.

The warrior has the highest health pool along with arguably the best passive regeneration in the game, without having to invest heavily into healing power or gimping the other stats.

The thing about a Guardian is it’s far bunkier than a Warrior. It has superior defenses, access to multiple blinds, and good condition removal. It can outlast even a regen banner Warrior. If anything that should show how Warriors aren’t as OP as everyone thinks. They’ve got good skills and builds to be sure, but anything they can do outside of stun and temporary condition immunity others can do better. Condition damage? Necro or Engineer. Direct damage? Mesmer or Theif. Bunker? Guardian.

As for the guardian having superior defense versus a warrior, The classic bunker guard will probably be using staff and mace (no blinds), there are others that might have scepter, or even hammer for a weapon swap for terms of control (no blinds).

Condition removal “is” one of the strong points of guardians, so there isn’t a lot of argument there. I would say current state of condition removal versus current affairs of condition application need to be balanced more, but there isn’t a warrior is OP topic, so won’t go into that too much.

Everyone says warrior do not have the damage mitigation that guardians do, and that is why they are not bunkers yet. Warriors have good access to blocks (maybe more than guards), good access to weakness (guards have protection), and good access to stuns (guards do not have a comparable mechanic to this in frequent use as stuns).

The one thing a guardian excels at over the warrior is group support for team fights. I think that is what keeps guardians on top over warrior for the role of bunkering.

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I love how at one point you say “and with this build I can’t even do decent damage!” and then hit for a 6.5k HB, LOL.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Thats most warriors for you nowadays. they have no sence of los ,disengage and are oblivious to the concept of dodging and damage mitigation..
Honestly playning against an warrior 1vs1 so far has been 90% the equivalent of a hard pve mob.They stand there soak damage,spam their skills that you need to doge like agony and you wonder ..am i playing against ai??
most recent memory: on soloq lb high rank warr guy standing alone on node using his stances when im outside of the point doing SERIOUS free damage to him..it was like is this guy for real?

(edited by Avead.5760)

in PvP

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

That fight with the guardian was pretty funny…. an endless battle, pretty sure they are still fighting.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in PvP

ahuba.6430

From the vid:
“There have been quite a lot of complaints about how Warriors are overpowered and extremely difficult to take down. The main complaints being that Healing Signet+Adrenal Health provide far too much healing, the stun abilities, and the resistance to conditions.

Healing Signet provides only 400 HP per second without investment in healing power and 20 points in that respective traitline. Adrenal Health provides 400 HP per 3 seconds IF Adrenaline is full. It is very rare that a Warrior will have full adrenaline for long periods of time in a fight due to reliance on burst skills. Keep in mind that while using Healing Signet Warriors are vulnerable to burst damage and conditions. They have no viable burst heal, take advantage of it.

Conditions are still a large weakness to Warriors, once Berserker Stance wears off they become vulnerable to Condition spam, even with Cleansing Ire. The conditions removed are based on the level of Adrenaline when a burst skill is used. At most a Warrior can remove 4 conditions reliably in a short amount of time. (Burst, weapon switch, burst again) The Warrior doesn’t get to choose which are removed, and this can be stopped via dodge, blind, and even immobilize on some cases. Also with daze and stuns.

Warriors are still counterable with their current “overpowered” builds.

For those of you unable to kill a Warrior 4v1 it’s a learn to play issue, not a balance issue."

(edited by ahuba.6430)

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

As for the guardian having superior defense versus a warrior, The classic bunker guard will probably be using staff and mace (no blinds), there are others that might have scepter, or even hammer for a weapon swap for terms of control (no blinds).

Condition removal “is” one of the strong points of guardians, so there isn’t a lot of argument there. I would say current state of condition removal versus current affairs of condition application need to be balanced more, but there isn’t a warrior is OP topic, so won’t go into that too much.

Everyone says warrior do not have the damage mitigation that guardians do, and that is why they are not bunkers yet. Warriors have good access to blocks (maybe more than guards), good access to weakness (guards have protection), and good access to stuns (guards do not have a comparable mechanic to this in frequent use as stuns).

The one thing a guardian excels at over the warrior is group support for team fights. I think that is what keeps guardians on top over warrior for the role of bunkering.

Sword and Focus both have blinds, and can be used with an alternate weapon set. This isn’t about Guardians though.

Warriors have access to a 1 second Block, a 3 second Block with Mace/Shield and a 1 second Block with Off-hand Sword which a bunker Warrior wouldn’t use anyway. That grants a 3 second stun along with a 2 second stun, knock back, and knock down with Hammer. None of our heals give is invulnerability, nor do our elites.

Guardians get (assuming Hammer+Mace/Shield) 1 blind, a block to absorb 3 attacks, passive Aegis and Regeneration, as well as being able to activate those, a 2 second and 3 second Invulnerability (one of which refreshes Virtues), a Knockback, a Launch, a skill to prevent enemies from entering a certain area, and passive condition removal.

Between all that the Warrior is far outclasses in terms of defensive ability, even with stuns. Stability isn’t going to stop that Gaurdian from blocking you whereas the Warrior’s offensive and defensive power are largely reinforced by the ability to stun.

Also, we’ve been over this, Healing Signet can be eaten through very quickly and removes the ability to burst heal without making it useless. That’s its downside. When using Healing Signet the Warrior can’t heal off large amounts of damage in one go, he has to rely on passive healing making him extremely vulnerable to burst damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Guardians are prefered as mid (or any point where teafights are likely to happen) bunkers because of their support.
On their own, they aren’t more tanky than what a warrior (and some other classes) can be and they can’t apply real counterpressure. That’s why you rarely see Guardians holding close point (or any point where the fight is small scaled or the defender is on its own) in any serious match.

Guardian heal is not invulnerability btw. A warrior slots “Fear me” and guardian is either forced to use SYG for healing or pretty much done.
It’s also interesting to point that on bunker spec 2 instant warrior shouts heal pretty much the same as shelter, so that thing about no burst healing on warrior …

(edited by Vargamonth.2047)

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

Guardians are prefered as mid (or any point where teafights are likely to happen) bunkers because of their support.
On their own, they aren’t more tanky than what a warrior (and some other classes) can be and they can’t apply real counterpressure. That’s why you rarely see Guardians holding close point (or any point where the fight is small scaled or the defender is on its own) in any serious match.

Guardian heal is not invulnerability btw. A warrior slots “Fear me” and guardian is either forced to use SYG for healing or pretty much done.

And a Necro or Engi can have good defenses and retaliate with strong conditions. I’ve seen quite a few of both stick on a point by themselves with pretty decent degrees of success. I admit I can’t speak for the higher ranks of tPvP but I don’t imagine a Warrior is so much better than either of those at applying counter-pressure with holding something other than mid in the same way it’s not better than a Guardian at holding mid.

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

Warriors are in a really good place now. It’s a great job that mods were able to get this class balanced. They used to be extremely UP but now they serve a good role in a team fight.

No need to nerf a warrior, IMO.

You know which class is OP? Necros. Mods need to take a look at that profession.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Elfindale.4836

Elfindale.4836

Sword and Focus both have blinds, and can be used with an alternate weapon set. This isn’t about Guardians though.

Warriors have access to a 1 second Block, a 3 second Block with Mace/Shield and a 1 second Block with Off-hand Sword which a bunker Warrior wouldn’t use anyway. That grants a 3 second stun along with a 2 second stun, knock back, and knock down with Hammer. None of our heals give is invulnerability, nor do our elites.

Guardians get (assuming Hammer+Mace/Shield) 1 blind, a block to absorb 3 attacks, passive Aegis and Regeneration, as well as being able to activate those, a 2 second and 3 second Invulnerability (one of which refreshes Virtues), a Knockback, a Launch, a skill to prevent enemies from entering a certain area, and passive condition removal.

Between all that the Warrior is far outclasses in terms of defensive ability, even with stuns. Stability isn’t going to stop that Gaurdian from blocking you whereas the Warrior’s offensive and defensive power are largely reinforced by the ability to stun.

Also, we’ve been over this, Healing Signet can be eaten through very quickly and removes the ability to burst heal without making it useless. That’s its downside. When using Healing Signet the Warrior can’t heal off large amounts of damage in one go, he has to rely on passive healing making him extremely vulnerable to burst damage.

No,no no, its not how you compare classes, u play a class, u look at the combined strength of the whole tool kit u r getting by playing it, therefore u don’t look at a single skill of a class and compare them, that means u don’t say things like “here is all the class i have, and there is all urs, u have show X number of more invulnerability then i do”
we all agree warrior are overpowered at solo level, this is word of mouth, and u can not deny it, in this game, healing over time at a second by second level is overpowered, i am talking about the healing signet, u don’t see a comparable healing skill on any other classes, its overpowered because it does not require timing, it does not require casting, and the amount it heal with every pulse is very significant combined with warrior’s mobility and CC capability, unless stability and stun breaker are offered to very class on a 5 second bases, we don’t see a way of stoping warrior healing them self while doing tons of cc and damage to u.

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

Well darn, gonna be a double post. Oh well.

‘Banner regen build’ using 4 banners, wtf are you, kittened? Blind stops cleansing ire? that’s why you take a longbow. Holy kitten people in this game are kittened. Especially people that don’t understand the concept of disengaging, line of sighting etc. ‘Let me take a free 12k damage while i summon my banners cos i got no stunbreaks etc.’ Plus most warriors use signet with lyssa runes. This guy. Holy kitten. This guy.

Inc another infraction for me.

I slotted my Elite to Signet of Rage later on. I copy/pasted that banner build. The lack of stunbreaks is one of the points I was trying to make, along with the inability to reliably cleanse conditions. Lyssa runes only work once every 48 seconds if using Signet of Rage and traited for the Signet cooldown reduction. It’s not very often a team fight or any fight over 1v1 will last that long. I understand the concept of disengaging perfectly fine, I don’t sit around and try to take hits when in a tournament match. Come to think of it, in the context you mentioned Lyssa runes it almost sounds as if you expect me to Signet out of a stun. Signet of Rage isn’t a stunbreaker.

So let me get this straight.. Warriors ALWAYS have access to Bow burst with 3 bars of Adrenaline? Without 3 bars Bow Burst is unlikely to hit what you’d want it to hit due to the radius of the skill being so small. Not saying it’s impossible, but with a moving target it’ll be difficult and honestly without 3 bars you wouldn’t be getting that super duper ultra mega cleanse from Cleansing Ire now would you?

In any case, you haven’t really said anything useful.

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

Darn. A double post. Oh well.

No,no no, its not how you compare classes, u play a class, u look at the combined strength of the whole tool kit u r getting by playing it, therefore u don’t look at a single skill of a class and compare them, that means u don’t say things like “here is all the class i have, and there is all urs, u have show X number of more invulnerability then i do”
we all agree warrior are overpowered at solo level, this is word of mouth, and u can not deny it, in this game, healing over time at a second by second level is overpowered, i am talking about the healing signet, u don’t see a comparable healing skill on any other classes, its overpowered because it does not require timing, it does not require casting, and the amount it heal with every pulse is very significant combined with warrior’s mobility and CC capability, unless stability and stun breaker are offered to very class on a 5 second bases, we don’t see a way of stoping warrior healing them self while doing tons of cc and damage to u.

So.. if Warriors are so overpowered and if Healing Signet is so great, why is it that even with it I wasn’t able to faceroll the person I fought?

Also, I already stated this.. I don’t know why I keep having to do it, Healing Signet is weak to burst and conditions. Even bleeds will help diminish its effectiveness. The Warrior has NO burst heal, no way to restore 10k or so HP in one go. Once the Warrior eats the burst he has to stall to heal or disengage, otherwise he’ll die from sustained damage.

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

“The Warrior has NO burst heal, no way to restore 10k or so HP in one go”

I suppose I should clarify before I get jumped on, I’m referring to the adrenaline based heal which grants a 10k Heal at full adrenaline.

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

And yea, i’ve been argued all over these days. thing is warrior is good in pvp. but not OP.

in wvw? heck no. i usally don’t argue over it because i dont play wvw or atleast not on my warrior, then i made a meta build warrior in wvw. what is this a joke? 1st it does not do that much high of a damage, it never did.
2nd it’s dead when you see more then 3 people that are fully geared 80. as on my thief i can disengage OR even better i can bring one down before leaving.
cleansing ire simply doesn’t clean enough condi with all the condi build, and zerker stance can easily be kit off in this huge open world, when in pvp, its more difficult.
and when you encounter a zerg, you are dead as well, on my thief i can easily leave without anyone touching me.
even the GS build is better then the meta pvp build of pvp, simply being the fact that it was the best build when warriors were free kills, when warriors needed to quick engage and disengage.
what a waste of gil and laurels for getting them lyssa and sigils and ascended for nothing.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

And a Necro or Engi can have good defenses and retaliate with strong conditions. I’ve seen quite a few of both stick on a point by themselves with pretty decent degrees of success. I admit I can’t speak for the higher ranks of tPvP but I don’t imagine a Warrior is so much better than either of those at applying counter-pressure with holding something other than mid in the same way it’s not better than a Guardian at holding mid.

I also don’t play tpvp at top lvl, not even close, and I don’t really know how truly effective for a team can be a warrior holding close. It would depend on team compositions I guess.

I just wanted to bust the myth of guardian being some kind of immortal toon. It’s not more tanky than other bunker specs, it just offers awesome (probably unmatched) support while being pretty decent at bunkering.

in PvP

ahuba.6430

And yea, i’ve been argued all over these days. thing is warrior is good in pvp. but not OP.

in wvw? heck no. i usally don’t argue over it because i dont play wvw or atleast not on my warrior, then i made a meta build warrior in wvw. what is this a joke? 1st it does not do that much high of a damage, it never did.
2nd it’s dead when you see more then 3 people that are fully geared 80. as on my thief i can disengage OR even better i can bring one down before leaving.
cleansing ire simply doesn’t clean enough condi with all the condi meta, and zerker stance can easily be kit off in this huge open world, when in pvp, its more difficult.
and when you encounter a zerg, you are dead as well, on my thief i can easily leave without anyone touching me.
even the GS build is better then the meta pvp build of pvp, simply being the fact that it was the best build when warriors were free kills, when warriors needed to quick engage and disengage.
what a waste of gil and laurels for getting them lyssa and sigils and ascended for nothing.

why the kitten are you talking about wvw

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

lol how do you miss Combustive shot?

How?

Attachments:

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

OP is a blanket statement, I imagine it can cover both types of PvP. It isn’t complained about nearly as much, but I imagine some people feel this way. Though to be fair, this is Structured PvP and now WvW so.. I supposed you have a point.

Hey guy he quoted, why are you talking about WvW? This is the Structered PvP forum, which is where the main complaints about Warriors come from. If you’d like to discuss the WvW side of things you should make a thread in that sub-forum.

in PvP

Lighter.5631

cleansing ire simply doesn’t clean enough condi with all the condi meta, and zerker stance can easily be kit off in this huge open world, when in pvp, its more difficult.

Because over 70% of the kitten complaining about warrior OP every day IN PVP FORUMS are kitten wvwers who has nothing to do with pvp or do only a little bit, if you actually read the forum. not like they have any big accomplishment in wvw either

“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Because over 70% of the kitten complaining about warrior OP every day IN PVP FORUMS are kitten wvwers who has nothing to do with pvp or do only a little bit, if you actually read the forum. not like they have any big accomplishment in wvw either

Pretty much true. Most of the complainers aren’t from sPvP, but they come post their complaints on the sPvP forums. It’s pretty ridiculous to be honest.

in PvP

ahuba.6430

sure, its only the wvwers, it’s not all the high tier teams, that know most about this game, quitting this game and best players getting sick of it, its JUST the wvwers! Warrior is fine! The meta is fine! The fact that spvp never had a lower population is just a small coincidence!
I mean, it’s not like you have a member of the #1 team that used played this game complaining right above you in this thread …

in PvP

Valentin.2073

i dont get why people QQ about warriors that much. They are cool to me.

Who wants to be on a team with no bunkers anyway? If you’re a an ele or a thief, would you want to be on a team with your same class? no. That’s called team composition balance.

Some people are just too hardheaded to see that.

bw, pvp’s population is not thinning down. i notice more and more people coming in to it.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

Pretty much true. Most of the complainers aren’t from sPvP, but they come post their complaints on the sPvP forums. It’s pretty ridiculous to be honest.

Majority of the complaints I’ve seen stem from sPvP.

Let’s try to stay on topic people, and with that said try to keep the whining to a minimum. I’d like constructive posts, not “lulz u sux but wr class still op”.

Let’s face it, if they were really THAT broken it wouldn’t matter if I sucked, I should have still pulled off that victory.

in PvP

Lighter.5631

sure, its only the wvwers, it’s not all the high tier teams, that know most about this game, quitting this game and best players getting sick of it, its JUST the wvwers! Warrior is fine! The meta is fine! The fact that spvp never had a lower population is just a small coincidence!

You simply have no idea why the best players quit don’t you
oh btw anet pug team have beat a top team once, if you didn’t know, i’m sure your argument stands just fine.

-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

ahuba.6430

wow they beat a top team ONCE? man thats impressive. I saw that game and they weren’t trolling at all… I have a very good idea, there are many reasons, and one of the main reasons is the meta. You can deny it as much as you want, whatever suits you, but you can read what symbolic said here, and you can go look up xeph’s post history about the state of the meta.
But i guess it’s just the wvwers complaining…. MIM were just wvwers, BOON were just wvwers, Paradigm were just wvwers….

in PvP

Lighter.5631

wow they beat a top team ONCE? man thats impressive. I saw that game and they weren’t trolling at all… I have a very good idea, there are many reasons, and one of the main reasons is the meta. You can deny it as much as you want, whatever suits you, but you can read what symbolic said here, and you can go look up xeph’s post history about the state of the meta.

that’s the only time they’ve played and them pug won over a team, ONCE is enough to prove everything, not to mention they had free kill tier warrior who did pretty much nothing..
if you actually believe that all those top teams quitted because warrior so “OP”!!! lol then i have nothing to say.

-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in PvP

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

Lyssa runes only work once every 48 seconds if using Signet of Rage and traited for the Signet cooldown reduction.

minor point, CD on lyssa is 50 seconds so a traited signet of rage at 48 seconds will not give you lyssa every 48…

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

in PvP

Posted by: Neare.9703

Neare.9703

I slotted my Elite to Signet of Rage later on. I copy/pasted that banner build. The lack of stunbreaks is one of the points I was trying to make, along with the inability to reliably cleanse conditions. Lyssa runes only work once every 48 seconds if using Signet of Rage and traited for the Signet cooldown reduction. It’s not very often a team fight or any fight over 1v1 will last that long. I understand the concept of disengaging perfectly fine, I don’t sit around and try to take hits when in a tournament match. Come to think of it, in the context you mentioned Lyssa runes it almost sounds as if you expect me to Signet out of a stun. Signet of Rage isn’t a stunbreaker.

So let me get this straight.. Warriors ALWAYS have access to Bow burst with 3 bars of Adrenaline? Without 3 bars Bow Burst is unlikely to hit what you’d want it to hit due to the radius of the skill being so small. Not saying it’s impossible, but with a moving target it’ll be difficult and honestly without 3 bars you wouldn’t be getting that super duper ultra mega cleanse from Cleansing Ire now would you?

Zanryu, Regen doesn’t stack in effectiveness, only length of time it is applied. So 1 banner has the exact same effect as 4. I don’t know where you got your build from, but it’s not the banner build most people are playing and as you seem unaware of what the current FOTM is I would suggest not trying to defend a spec that you don’t play yourself.

As someone who does play a banner regen warrior let me explain how it works and why it actually is OP. The general spec is playing 1 banner (usually tactics) with zerker and balanced stance. People will always need 30pts in tactics to get the regen trait. Furthermore at least 20pts in defense to get cleansing ire. Beyond that the rest of the points get mixed around depending on if you’re playing CC or condi. Everyone always uses longbow as it does NOT need to register a hit to activate cleansing ire. The other weapon/s is personal preference depending on the type of role you want to play.

Regen wise for what I play I receive 436+260 HP every second. Plus a further 507 HP every 3 seconds from Adrenal Health. It is basically a permanent TU however I have higher base armor, toughness and HP.
I have access to a total of 33 seconds of stability, with balanced stance on a 40sec cooldown. Permanent swiftness, might stacking up to around 12 stacks with ease. And 10secs immunity to conditions every 60 seconds. I can remove 3 conditions every 10 or so seconds and have a full condition clear on the elite.

I generally play condi spec, between burning and bleeding I can easily manage 1500 condi damage per second + whatever extra direct damage I am doing from 2500 attack.

I roll over everything and it shouldn’t be the way in a pvp game and 1 class is immune to anything another class may bring, warrior is most definitely OP. Everyone should die 1v4 obviously, even warriors. But at the moment I can 1v2 easy, which indicates that Warrior is near twice as good as other classes which is saying a lot about current balance.

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

Do you not understand the meaning of the word anecdotal? This is not anecdotal evidence, you aren’t relying on word of mouth here. This is a recording of a fight that you can actually see for yourself.

Whether or not I’m bad isn’t even relevant for the most part, as I recall quite a few people saying Warrior is a faceroll class. You can pick it up and use it to great degrees of success. So even if I am bad this still shows that Warriors can be defeated even with Berserker Stance, Cleansing Ire, and Healing Signet+Adrenal Health. Not that I personally like to run Healing Signet anyway.

I don’t think you understand what an anecdote or anecdotal evidence are. Look up the difference between Anecdotal and Empirical evidence.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Valentin.2073

that guy is just insecure. let him be. he doesnt know anything.

in PvP

Lighter.5631

that’s the only time they’ve played and them pug won over a team, ONCE is enough to prove everything, not to mention they had free kill tier warrior who did pretty much nothing..
and top team quitted not at "warrior meta” ?lolk?but right at condi meta, if you didn’t know that kitten BS, that was the most disgusting meta, and not to mention all the BS happened during PAX.

I’m sorry pal, but you are just straight up stupid. I’m outta here.
I see dumber crap everyday…

Lol, look at this, this is the way you argue over things. good day.

keep throwing your Bull crap about all top teams quitted because warrior so kitten op, because no one is buying that crap.

I wasn’t arguing anymore, i was just insulting you lol i dont argue with idiots.

lol, you are no more intelligent than any one by throwing that kind of bull crap.
you can give any argument and have better result than this BS. all those top team quit because of warrior being so op? lol k, stupid, get those crap back to your mouth.

-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

I don’t think you understand what an anecdote or anecdotal evidence are. Look up the difference between Anecdotal and Empirical evidence.

Not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

I’m not giving you a story based on my personal account, I’m showing you a video of a Warrior in action. That’s not anecdotal. What most people say about Warriors? That’s anecdotal. They offer no proof nor argument as to why what they say is true, all you here is “Warrior is OP. Signet is OP. Warrior does it all. Please nerf. Warrior’s OP”.

THAT is anecdotal.

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

Zanryu, Regen doesn’t stack in effectiveness, only length of time it is applied. So 1 banner has the exact same effect as 4. I don’t know where you got your build from, but it’s not the banner build most people are playing and as you seem unaware of what the current FOTM is I would suggest not trying to defend a spec that you don’t play yourself.

As someone who does play a banner regen warrior let me explain how it works and why it actually is OP. The general spec is playing 1 banner (usually tactics) with zerker and balanced stance. People will always need 30pts in tactics to get the regen trait. Furthermore at least 20pts in defense to get cleansing ire. Beyond that the rest of the points get mixed around depending on if you’re playing CC or condi. Everyone always uses longbow as it does NOT need to register a hit to activate cleansing ire. The other weapon/s is personal preference depending on the type of role you want to play.

Regen wise for what I play I receive 436+260 HP every second. Plus a further 507 HP every 3 seconds from Adrenal Health. It is basically a permanent TU however I have higher base armor, toughness and HP.
I have access to a total of 33 seconds of stability, with balanced stance on a 40sec cooldown. Permanent swiftness, might stacking up to around 12 stacks with ease. And 10secs immunity to conditions every 60 seconds. I can remove 3 conditions every 10 or so seconds and have a full condition clear on the elite.

I generally play condi spec, between burning and bleeding I can easily manage 1500 condi damage per second + whatever extra direct damage I am doing from 2500 attack.

I roll over everything and it shouldn’t be the way in a pvp game and 1 class is immune to anything another class may bring, warrior is most definitely OP. Everyone should die 1v4 obviously, even warriors. But at the moment I can 1v2 easy, which indicates that Warrior is near twice as good as other classes which is saying a lot about current balance.

It was a build I saw on a video and was told, the only other time I’ve seen it played was against a Warrior running Stomp, Banner of Defense, Signet of Rage, and I don’t recall the other utility the had, likely Endure Pain or Berserker Stance. Even so, that build still lacks either stability or condition resistance so the point stands, though to a lesser degree.

I could very well try a proper build, though I don’t imagine the results will be too different honestly. Yes, I’d get access to more utilities, but the problems will still be there. It’ll still be vulnerable to conditions and burst. The HP sounds like a lot on paper, and it’s hard for another non-DPS build to eat through, but once you start wailing on it with high damage output or a stream of conditions it becomes much less of a threat.

Warrior isn’t the only thing that can 1v2, I’ve seen other classes handle that effectively as well. Because you can do something with one class doesn’t make it automatically better than all others. Warriors are far from being able to sit there and steamroll an entire fight by themselves. Depending on the build they’ll have high DPS or bunker well enough, but I haven’t seen them dominate any fight to the degree people have been complaining about. Immune is a very large overstatement.

in PvP

Valentin.2073

you guys are really smart. i feel like an idiot here.

i will just read and learn from you.

in PvP

Lighter.5631

and top team quitted not at "warrior meta” ?lolk?but right at condi meta, if you didn’t know that kitten BS, that was the most disgusting meta, and not to mention all the BS happened during PAX.

I’m sorry pal, but you are just straight up stupid. I’m outta here.
I see dumber crap everyday…

Lol, look at this, this is the way you argue over things. good day.

keep throwing your Bull crap about all top teams quitted because warrior so kitten op, because no one is buying that crap.

I wasn’t arguing anymore, i was just insulting you lol i dont argue with idiots.

if by insulting me makes you feel any better, then sure, go on.

and you know why i edited my post, because no one quitted at the same period, some at condi, some at warrior, but most of them quit after mist league(condi meta), thing is warrior is only a SMALL part of the reason, teams quit, most of the reasons are the condition meta, the necromancer was ridiculous, spirit ranger was ridiculous, SD thief was ridiculous. condition spamming was ridiculous, petting zoo was ridiculous. there’s no real skill but spamming and RNG.

if you really think that they quit because of warrior being so op, you are simply being dumb and stupid,

also, if you have been in the forum long enough, you would know that i’ve been saying all this time that warrior used to be the most balanced class when it was free kill tier, when it had no condi immune and the way the class worked, and everything else was off the balance. if anything i would like to see it gets removed and see every other job gets nerfed to old warrior level instead.

-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in PvP

Errant Venture.9371

Not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.

I’m not giving you a story based on my personal account, I’m showing you a video of a Warrior in action. That’s not anecdotal. What most people say about Warriors? That’s anecdotal. They offer no proof nor argument as to why what they say is true, all you here is “Warrior is OP. Signet is OP. Warrior does it all. Please nerf. Warrior’s OP”.

THAT is anecdotal.

That’s the definition of an anecdote. You’re trying convince others to accept your opinion about warriors BASED ON YOUR OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE not based on QUANTIFIABLE, IMPARTIAL EVIDENCE.

zzz, trying to explain logical analysis to people on the internet.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

Hello everyone, there have been many complaints about the Warrior class. How Healing Signet + Adrenal Health provide too much healing, how Cleansing Ire is too good at removing conditions, how Banner Regen Warriors are virtually unkillable, and I’m here to put a stop to this nonsense.

Warriors can die. Here’s the proof. Show me those Warriors that are carrying teams by themselves and winning 4v1s on video. Or really anything that shows how OP they are, rather than theorycrafting and telling stories about what happened. Sure, stories can give us some idea of what’s going on, but we don’t know the exact situations.

In other words… watch this video.

This is absolutely appallingly bad gameplay.
By face-roll people mean really easy to play, you can make a load of mistakes and not be punished, you can not really know what you’re doing and still win and you don’t have to pay much attention to the enemy to deal with them.

If you were any other class (or warrior before patch) you would’ve lasted ~20seconds.

• You waste EVERY SINGLE dodge roll
  • You waste EVERY SINGLE defensive skill
  • You have no idea how to keep damage up on your enemy
  • You have no idea how to kite
  • You don’t know what/how to dodge
  • You don’t know combinations of attacks

That was an awful, awful video. I’m holding back so much more due to the forum rules but you are the one who posted it as ‘proof’.

The ONLY reason you survived nearly as long as you did was because the warrior is broken currently, not beyond fixing but enough to impact the game quite a lot. You literally showcased the opposite of what you were trying to do and embarrassed yourself in the process.

Awesome.

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

The word failure simply isn’t enough to describe this thread.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

All I see is a newb that doesn’t know how to play warrior try to prove that warrior is not OP.