Warrior Myths: BUSTED

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Except, I am an experienced player

Dude, you havent played a team queue since june and you haven’t played a solo queue since august… thats some experienced player…. And you come here with your “hurr im experienced and a good playerr hurr hurr”, seriously…

That’s it, i give up from this thread lol most people posting here dont even play tpvp….

Just because I haven’t played tPvP in a bit because I was playing FF XIV and just came back doesn’t mean I don’t know what I am talking about. From what I hear from tPvP players is warrior is fine. The whining usually comes from WvW and low rank sPvP players. Also, solo queue is a joke with current matchmaking so who cares about that?

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

We have to slot extra stunbreakers because of “warrior meta” (seriously, people call this meta “WARRIOR” and you think it’s fine?), we have to be careful of our position. And while we do this most warriors just tunnel, and tunnel and tunnel some more.

and warriors also have to slot stunbreakers, as well as specialize their build around condition removal and work with what they have. Even warrior runes are nearly always condition removal or reduction. In order to be able to withstand to an extent the insane amount of conditions spammed off in this game I have to dedicate 20 points into defense (and both traits there) as well as use either Hoelbrak, Melandru, or Lyssa Runes and even that isn’t really enough. I still have to take Berserker Stance to give myself some breathing room and use a defensive amulet generally (for higher health and of course toughness to help lesson spike damage). If I have to do all of this just to deal with condition spam, and don’t forget that warrior has to be right in the middle of where the spam is happening in a lot of team fights, why shouldn’t you have to slot a stunbreaker, or some stability, or make a better build than pew pew spam expecting to win.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

and warriors also have to slot stunbreakers, as well as specialize their build around condition removal and work with what they have. Even warrior runes are nearly always condition removal or reduction. In order to be able to withstand to an extent the insane amount of conditions spammed off in this game I have to dedicate 20 points into defense (and both traits there) as well as use either Hoelbrak, Melandru, or Lyssa Runes and even that isn’t really enough. I still have to take Berserker Stance to give myself some breathing room and use a defensive amulet generally (for higher health and of course toughness to help lesson spike damage). If I have to do all of this just to deal with condition spam, and don’t forget that warrior has to be right in the middle of where the spam is happening in a lot of team fights, why shouldn’t you have to slot a stunbreaker, or some stability, or make a better build than pew pew spam expecting to win.

With respect to your admirable forum warring skills, I’d submit that you do not have to do any of those things. It’s true that those are the best choices. Every warrior build should have cleansing ire because there is no better way to spend 20 trait points, period.

However, that doesn’t mean that you have to have that. It just means it’s the best. Back when HGH engineer was considered OP, engi players wondered if the profession had any future after the series of mild HGH-related nerfs. Back in those days, every engineer was an HGH engineer. Were engineers even viable outside of HGH nades?

Suddenly, dozens of great new engi builds surfaced as people got over the fact that there wasn’t just one best choice any more. Isn’t that a good thing?

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

if you havent played in 2 months how the hell can you know what you are talking about. its easy to see that when you talk about a defensive amulet since lb/hammer warriors go zerker amulet. and i dare you to find me a testimony of a recognized high tier player saying warriors are fine.
and its funny because you’re part of the “low rank” you are talking about.

(edited by ahuba.6430)

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

if you havent played in 2 months how the hell can you know what you are talking about. its easy to see that when you talk about a defensive amulet since lb/hammer warriors go zerker amulet. and i dare you to find me a testimony of a recognized high tier player saying warriors are fine.

I’m part of the low rank? How do you figure? I was like 95% or higher in team queue when queuing only solo. As for solo queue, I gave up shortly after it was implemented because I kept getting grouped with bad players (I see better players in hotjoin). lol

Bet you $20.00 Defektive would tell you Warrior is fine, but it seems most of the good teams have quit, likely more due to condition spam than what you would have people believe.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Bet you $20.00 Defektive would tell you Warrior is fine, but it seems most of the good teams have quit, likely more due to condition spam than what you would have people believe.

And I know a lot of Warriors are disgusted with what the class has become, after having to be at such a high skill level before.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

And I know a lot of Warriors are disgusted with what the class has become, after having to be at such a high skill level before.

That’s more like, “oh wahhh we don’t have our unique and special little snowflake that an entire team has to build around to even make it work wahhh”. They thought they were unique for playing what was considered bad unless your team was built around it and even then was a slight hindrance for the most part. Now that the class is actually useful outside of a team being built to focus around it, they are annoyed. Anyway, it doesn’t matter. Anet is likely going to nerf warrior just because you kids whine for it on a daily basis. I don’t plan to stick around after Wildstar releases anyway. This game really isn’t skill based enough for my taste, but I guess at least it isn’t as “build wars” as GW1.

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

I’m part of the low rank? How do you figure? I was like 95% or higher in team queue when queuing only solo. As for solo queue, I gave up shortly after it was implemented because I kept getting grouped with bad players (I see better players in hotjoin). lol

Hi, I duo queued to rank 200-220(euteamqboard) when first free trial period was out. I’m currently rank 2 on eu teamqueue (could play 1 game and get rank one if i wanted), Have peaked @ 1 on EU Teamqueue, 8 on EU soloqueue, 1 on NA soloqueue and 118th on NA teamqueue. With these credentials being said, I think warriors are op. Good day.

Symbolic

in PvP

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

Hi, I duo queued to rank 200-220(euteamqboard) when first free trial period was out. I’m currently rank 2 on eu teamqueue (could play 1 game and get rank one if i wanted), Have peaked @ 1 on EU Teamqueue, 8 on EU soloqueue, 1 on NA soloqueue and 118th on NA teamqueue. With these credentials being said, I think warriors are op. Good day.

Credentials are worthless if you can’t post a solid argument. WHY do you think they’re OP?

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

Credentials are worthless if you can’t post a solid argument. WHY do you think they’re OP?

I posted credentials as this guy thought they were important, it’s 9am and I haven’t slept. Maybe I should do something with math sometime today. Could be fun. But right now I’d say the only class with a comparable heal was probably the engineer in terms of healing amount with lowest healing power.

Symbolic

(edited by Oblivion.8307)

in PvP

Oblivion.8307

ok i was bored, here is math of healing power/base heals blabla, feel free to edit healing power number https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqJmSpUbvES4dC1NTXJJTmJhd29wbmZycEpMWjVDS3c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Symbolic

(edited by Oblivion.8307)

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

I posted credentials as this guy thought they were important, it’s 9am and I haven’t slept. Maybe I should do something with math sometime today. Could be fun. But right now I’d say the only class with a comparable heal was probably the engineer in terms of healing amount with lowest healing power.

Actually no, I don’t think they are important. I was simply defending myself when I was called a “low tier” player or whatever. You also didn’t present any valid argument, you just poked your head in and blabbed on about your rank and how YOU think warrior is overpowered because you were able to achieve rank fairly easily. Just so you know, if you get a couple lucky games when you first start out you can scale the ranks fairly easily in solo queue and push yourself into the decent player area of the boards. Once you are in the top 100 or so it is much easier to stay there (or progress) considering the way matchmaking currently works. I was top 25 at one point but I just let it slide and slide and eventually when I tried to play got bad teams and dropped more, then let it slide and slide some more. Mostly because I just don’t care.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

You also didn’t prevent any valid argument, you just poked your head in and blabbed on about your rank and how YOU think warrior is overpowered because you were able to achieve rank fairly easily.

Actually, his post right above yours shows valid math in a a spreadsheet of every healing skill in the game. I know you’re feeling defensive, but please refrain from lashing out at people just because of how your profession is currently perceived.

Again, companies do balancing based on internal data, so your resolute defense of warriors won’t change Anet’s opinion. If you’re just trying to make your favorite profession less hated, it’s not working. For the sake of this downward-spiraling community, I ask you to rethink your approach.

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

Actually know, I don’t think they are important. I was simply defending myself when I was called a “low tier” player or whatever. You also didn’t prevent any valid argument, you just poked your head in and blabbed on about your rank and how YOU think warrior is overpowered because you were able to achieve rank fairly easily. Just so you know, if you get a couple lucky games when you first start out you can scale the ranks fairly easily in solo queue and push yourself into the decent player area of the boards. Once you are in the top 100 or so it is much easier to stay there (or progress) considering the way matchmaking currently works. I was top 25 at one point but I just let it slide and slide and eventually when I tried to play got bad teams and dropped more, then let it slide and slide some more. Mostly because I just don’t care.

You don’t think they are important, but just a few posts back you said only wvwers and low tier players complain of warriors. You say you got to top 25, explain me how with a 57/63 record on team queue and a 19/25 record on solo queue (and have you considered that maybe you got bad players in your team because you are bad aswell?). You say you are an experienced player, yet you haven’t played tpvp in this game’s current state, so how can you know jackkitten?
You’re that kind of guy that steps into arguments spewing out unfounded opinions just for the sake of looking smart.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

Actually know, I don’t think they are important. I was simply defending myself when I was called a “low tier” player or whatever. You also didn’t prevent any valid argument, you just poked your head in and blabbed on about your rank and how YOU think warrior is overpowered because you were able to achieve rank fairly easily. Just so you know, if you get a couple lucky games when you first start out you can scale the ranks fairly easily in solo queue and push yourself into the decent player area of the boards. Once you are in the top 100 or so it is much easier to stay there (or progress) considering the way matchmaking currently works. I was top 25 at one point but I just let it slide and slide and eventually when I tried to play got bad teams and dropped more, then let it slide and slide some more. Mostly because I just don’t care.

You don’t think they are important, but just a few posts back you said only wvwers and low tier players complain of warriors. You say you got to top 25, explain me how with a 57/63 record on team queue and a 19/25 record on solo queue (and have you considered that maybe you got bad players in your team because you are bad aswell?). You say you are an experienced player, yet you haven’t played tpvp in this game’s current state, so how can you know jackkitten?
You’re that kind of guy that steps into arguments spewing out unfounded opinions just for the sake of looking smart.

I said low rank players as in sPvP rank or NEW TO THE GAME and don’t understand the mechanics, not talking about ranking. Also, I would say the players you encounter in WvW are at least 25-50% worse on average than hotjoin sPvP players, so that is what I meant by that.

Also, math for healing skills? What a joke. You can’t just say “oh, healing signet is better than blah blah because the number is higher” there are other factors that are taken into account than just the raw numbers on a healing spell as far as class balance is concerned. For instance, you people like to say blah blah war heal better than guardian heal wahhhhhh, but at the same time you don’t stop to consider that guardian has access to protection and warrior doesn’t etc.

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

This thread should be turned into a psychological study of gamers. I don’t have time to sit here and critique Zanyu’s gameplay, but at least I understand the point he’s trying to make. Considering no one else can be bothered to make a video counter-point, I’m inclined to take his side.

My biggest problem with Healing Signet is that it undermines dynamic/active gameplay by being a general passive heal. It’s neither fun, nor interesting, and I’ve always hated it. I still don’t use it.

But I digress. I’ll have to keep an eye on this thread as well.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”